Thread: SERGE CAPISTRANO

Post Thanks / Like

SERGE CAPISTRANO

Folks,
    kindly share ur inputs about the
    man himself as a breeder or cocker NOT as a SHIPPER!!!!
    inputs highly appreciated. thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SERGE CAPISTRANO

taas lang natin para makita ng iba...kursonada ko rin yung grey speeder ni sir serge...baka meron na nakasubok sa grey speeder nya...

Post Thanks / Like

serge used to drive around my father in the early seventies when we have to legband entries for our sabong magazine in manila for our sponsored cock and stag derbies. He eventually migrated in California and became a shippier. His othrer brother who was also at that time tagging along with us,is also in the business. My father recommended Serge to be the commisioner of the gamefowl commision in Manila at one time. His father was also an avid cocker. He visited Canada a few times and we met him once or twice in Oklahoma during the old days, he stayed in our hotel room for there was no rooms available for him and his fiance at that time.My father taught a lot about roosters to Serge, for he spent countless days and nights at our house in Mandaluyong, the same with people like Francis Afable, Boy Diaz and Monching Mitra, I know bacause I was a teenager then making coffee for Senator Mitra at 2am in the morning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by galo519
    serge used to drive around my father in the early seventies when we have to legband entries for our sabong magazine in manila for our sponsored cock and stag derbies. He eventually migrated in California and became a shippier. His othrer brother who was also at that time tagging along with us,is also in the business. My father recommended Serge to be the commisioner of the gamefowl commision in Manila at one time. His father was also an avid cocker. He visited Canada a few times and we met him once or twice in Oklahoma during the old days, he stayed in our hotel room for there was no rooms available for him and his fiance at that time.My father taught a lot about roosters to Serge, for he spent countless days and nights at our house in Mandaluyong, the same with people like Francis Afable, Boy Diaz and Monching Mitra, I know bacause I was a teenager then making coffee for Senator Mitra at 2am in the morning
    Hello galo5 long time since i have heard from you.How is your brother gallo doing?Have not heard from him in several years.

C G

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Charles, It is good to here from you. My brother is doing fine, slowed down a bit but okay.His farm is being handled now by our nephew, and My brother is just now advising him on the breeding aspect of things, still have your kelsos and albanies with us. Hope to see you in the near future if not in Tenessee maybe in Manila,

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=galo519]Hi Charles, It is good to here from you. My brother is doing fine, slowed down a bit but okay.His farm is being handled now by our nephew, and My brother is just now advising him on the breeding aspect of things, still have your kelsos and albanies with us. Hope to see you in the near future if not in Tenessee maybe in Manila,[/QUO

Ok thanks,hope to get over there in the next year.Possibly this coming jan.You are welcome anytime.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

kurso ko rin grey speeders ni kuya serge, magkano kaya benta ng trio nito?sana may nakakaalam.tnx

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=ridgerunner 2000]
    Quote Originally Posted by galo519
    Hi Charles, It is good to here from you. My brother is doing fine, slowed down a bit but okay.His farm is being handled now by our nephew, and My brother is just now advising him on the breeding aspect of things, still have your kelsos and albanies with us. Hope to see you in the near future if not in Tenessee maybe in Manila,[/QUO

Ok thanks,hope to get over there in the next year.Possibly this coming jan.You are welcome anytime.

Charles
    Hey Charles, how are you? It's nice to see you hear again. Hope to see you there in January at WSD or Candelaria.

Hi Gallo (Nonoy) How are you? Long tine no see...I didn't go sabong here in Ont. for a longtime due to the changes..you know what I mean? I go to P.I every year to enjoy sabong without thinking of running like a sprinter Regards

Leo

james wolf

Charles, Send Me Directions To Yr Farm, So I Can Plan My Driving Route. That Kelso Is Turning Out To Be A Very Good Broodcock.

Post Thanks / Like

I only met Serge Capistrano once but this brief meeting has left a good impression on me about this man.

I remember in the early 90's (1994) when a co-worker and I went to his farm in Muntinlupa (?) to buy some Boles graded chicks. I just got married then and was just starting my own family, and I can't afford to buy a young stag since they cost a lot for me at that time. But I really wanted to get these Asils (even grades/crosses, chicks or eggs). Atong Ang was winning with his Japs/Asils grades in San Juan at that time and this made me want these birds more, lol... After doing some research I finally called him one night and asked him if he could sell me a chick or two just to get myself started with Asils. He's very accomodating over the phone and he agreed to sell me a pair of 2 week old chicks.

One thing I like about Serge is he really spent time with us young beginners - he would answers our questions and offered suggestions on how to breed these Asils. He even joked that he would call my birds Shamboles (Shamoo crossed to Boles). He really spent time with us even though a few big time buyers were also there in his farm at that time waiting for him (those buyers later on I learned bought a number of ready to fight oriental crosses for the big derbies).

I am forever grateful to Serge for helping me out with my first Orientals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by james wolf
    Charles, Send Me Directions To Yr Farm, So I Can Plan My Driving Route. That Kelso Is Turning Out To Be A Very Good Broodcock.
    Thanks i will email you.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=LMIGHTYWWW]
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner 2000

Hey Charles, how are you? It's nice to see you hear again. Hope to see you there in January at WSD or Candelaria.

Hi Gallo (Nonoy) How are you? Long tine no see...I didn't go sabong here in Ont. for a longtime due to the changes..you know what I mean? I go to P.I every year to enjoy sabong without thinking of running like a sprinter Regards

Leo
    Hello Leo long time no talk.Glad you are doing well.Email me any information you can offer on wsc.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

folks,
    more inputs please......

Post Thanks / Like

Broodstags are priced 15k except for the Fred Moritz Butcher and another bloodline w/c i forgot w/c he sells for 20k.

Pullets are 7.5k with the same exception.

Post Thanks / Like

one more shipper gone who are we going to help us ship our fowls the lesser the people the harder it gets hope some one nice and fair comes along in Cali

Post Thanks / Like

hey man dont know for sure what they were saying because of some people were wrighting in a language that isnt english . but i do know surge asked me to help him get some dirty greys or speeder type birds out of OK. usa about 8 years ago he had some and was doing well with them . he has always been good to me and we have had dealings for about 20 25 years trys to do what he says hes going to do . you got to love that he is realy trying to come up with a real quick type bird. i dont beleive he would do you wrong .tell him to pm me when yu talk to him this w. johnson