Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Murphy GameFowl....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Murphy GameFowl....

Whatever they are , Im sure they are top shelf.

Post Thanks / Like

What Murphy crosses have you guys used for the sk shows? And what was there %???????? thanks guys........

Post Thanks / Like

Will some of you guys who have the Bob Howard Murphys post some pictures of a pair or trio? Wondering if the hens are straw neck or buff.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know much about Bob's life but this man told me how he got his Murphy. Is this Bob's nickname Bobby?

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw greys View Post
    I dont kw about that bob went to prison in 1996 his birds were gone long before he died when he got sent off my mentor who fed for bob got two trios and after years i finally earned my pair

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
    Anyone know if there were others that received Murphys from Carl Smith other then Richard Kelly , I know Charlie Claypool got his from Bob Howard , Bob got his from Carl , was hoping there might be others out there that got them from Carl as well.
    I red an old letter somewhere writen by Bob Howard stating his murphys came from T.L. Orr. I've checked around a bit and Dwight still raises them. Also Art Villareal in south Tx has or had some nice ones from Jack Jessup.
    Last edited by birddog71; October 23rd, 2011 at 02:09 AM.

6. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=DesertRat;3878546]Scott , sounds like a winning plan , any thoughts of incorporating some solid C.C. Kelsos[/QUOTE
    i was going to try the murphy blood because jumper said that it was very heavy bred into the original radios.
    yfis

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah , Radios are heavy in Murphy blood , I dont know just how heavy the Murphy blood is in the C.C. Kelsos , but its in there too.

Post Thanks / Like

J F Vance has Murphy...he calls them " truly premium fowl "

Post Thanks / Like

bob got the the murphy's from T.L ORR ,Dwight's dad, when i talked to dwight in 2010 he had only one hen left runnin on the yard.

Post Thanks / Like

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned the Jr. Timms Whitehackle blood. He has bred them I guess for the last forty years.

Post Thanks / Like

Richard always shows decent chickens.The only problem i see when they bring them to PI and fight in the LK is they lack the smartness.I guess he loves those roosters that will go straight to the other rooster and pummel them till they kiss the ground.Again, Richard is one of the guys that made "Buckwheat entry" famous back then- majority of the lines that they used were those WHs.
    GuardiaCivil you are right in regards to those Murphy's. They hate another rooster with a passion. I feel that they are some of the most powerful birds out there. I heard a story from back then that once in a gaff pitting the cock drove the gaff so far in that the ref called another ref to help him pull the gaff out.

Post Thanks / Like

How do I find Mr. Richard Harris ?

Post Thanks / Like

Desertrat I have Richard's PI number if you need it? I seen at the WSC this past Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Oooops , lol .... P. I. ??!!

Post Thanks / Like

How do I find Mr. Richard Harris ?
    I guess Richard or probably his partner is a member of this site,pm YellowRose GF.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that Richard lived in the Phillipines, who is his partner? Guess it would be cool to talk to him about his murphys. Wonder if he sells any?

Post Thanks / Like

Wanna share a few pics of my good friend Mr. Fish wit some of his Murphy's preacher Jessup gifted to him through their years of friendship. Thanks to Fish I was able to obtain some of the best blood I have in my yard.

Post Thanks / Like

Well guys watch out for charly claypoole.i think he peddles chicken nowdays.if your think of getting chicken from him its best go to his farm and pick them out just are experience with his fowl. think he bred them out the bob howard asil and the murphys the asil are load with jap the murphys nothing impressive for the amount of money he ask from there better out there joe

Post Thanks / Like

lets hear more about these Jack Jessup Murphys ..........

Post Thanks / Like

Jack Jessup was a preacher and millionaire from Ft. Worth Texas. I know many people that have the good ones that have done more than well with them. They got a no quiet attitude and have to really get them to be done wit them and are true dead game chickens. I've heard many stories on Murphy's and if u have the good ones you'll hear the same thing of what they will give you. I'll talk more to the men I got them from and try and get more history on them.

Here's a video of Mr.Guzman and how he got his Murphys from Jessup.
    [ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1ofMnQJDQE"]Fish Guzman - YouTube[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Rocklee , wow, thanks alot.. been trying to do more homework on this line.... Please by all meens , step up to the mic and preach on ..lol

Post Thanks / Like

Kool I share any info that I got, I don't know everything but know people who knew and trained fowl for Jessup. There are others who have their own Murphy's but if u get the good ones I promise u won't want anything else... Great foundation blood

Post Thanks / Like

I seen several pictures of white legged Murphys. Mr Murphy had white legged fowl yes but they was not Murphys he called them cherries. They was in fact left to him in Madigans will. The pure Murphys Mr Murphy got from Long John Murphy of Canada. They was rust red and yellow legged straight comb. In over 60 years the man I got mine has never got a white legged bird out of his Murphys. I thought I had some white legged Murphys this year but they all turned yellow legged by penning time.

Green legs popping up in murphys had to come from when Murphy was selling hatch/murphy crosses. That is if they truly came from Murphy.

I am not trying to start any fights just telling what I know on the subject.

26. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jack Jessup Murphy bred by me 3x...

Jack Jessup Murphy bred by Mr. Mitchell

Post Thanks / Like

One of the best things ever givin to me by my good friend Mr. Guzman.. One of my original Jessup Murphy brood hens, very old at the time but was able to get a few offspring off her.

Post Thanks / Like

These Murphy's are from Richard Kelley of Alabama when I visited his farm back in April. Richard is a good guy with great fowl but will not sell any of his pure Murphys. He got them from Carl Smith who got them DIRECT from Mr. Murphy back in the 1930's.

Spangled Hatch hen also in the picture just to make it clear.
    Last edited by Ttate; April 16th, 2014 at 04:29 PM.

30. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rocklee, them photos are over the top, great looking fowl , both yours and R.K.'s ... keep posting and preaching.. I'm here to listen and learn.

Roberts44903 , I hear ya loud and clear, we all know Tom Murphy was a man of mystery (and mastery) when it came to breeding fowl.. going as far as switching out cocks/hens in the middle of the night to throw off his care takers..lol ... Those Cherries you talk about were bred by J.M. "MILO" FROST , Mr Frost had the Frost Greys and Frost Cherries ( reds ) , I'm sure Madigain got ahold of them and spread them around. Tom Murphy also had a separate yard of fowl kept behind a large fence covered with lots of overgrowth , no one could see in.... he would often fetch cocks and hens from back there to set up his brood pens, from what I can gather Tom did allot of selecting at the Pits , if he liked it, he bought it.. if it nicked.. he bought the yard... all that is known is he had a Whitehackle base bloodline and bred up and around it from there , adding only he knows what.
    Last edited by DesertRat; December 3rd, 2011 at 09:15 AM.

32. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rocklee, them photos are over the top, great looking fowl , both yours and R.K.'s ... keep posting and preaching.. I'm here to listen and learn.

Roberts44903 , I hear ya loud and clear, we all know Tom Murphy was a man of mystery (and mastery) when it came to breeding fowl.. going as far as switching out cocks/hens in the middle of the night to throw off his care takers..lol ... Those Cherries you talk about were bred by J.M. "MILO" FROST , Mr Frost had the Frost Greys and Frost Cherries ( reds ) , I'm sure Madigain got ahold of them and spread them around. Tom Murphy also had a separate yard of fowl kept behind a large fence covered with lots of overgrowth , no one could see in.... he would often fetch cocks and hens from back there to set up his brood pens, from what I can gather Tom did allot of selecting at the Pits , if he liked it, he bought it.. if it nicked.. he bought the yard... all that is known is he had a Whitehackle base bloodline and bred up and around it from there , adding only he knows what.

All my information came from a good friend of Heiny and the guy been to Murphys house several times. Them Cherries was nothing but a madigan Claret. He just called them cherries so people would not know what they was. Them Cherries was kept in the flypens on the hill behind Murphys house. That is where the whitelegged Murphys came from. People may have got them from Murphy but, the true Murphys came from John Murphy of Canada. I will say he was man of Mystery and some will come like a popcorn color in legs very pale yellow.

When Madigan died he left a yard of them clarets to Murphy that is how the cherries came about.

Post Thanks / Like

Well whatever all went into the making of Toms fowl sure made for a formidable family that has stood the test of time.