Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harold Brown Grey

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harold Brown Grey

Quote Originally Posted by irishcutt
    Harold Brown got his greys originally from E.W. Law years ago. There is an interview with Harold years ago in Grit and Steel about Harold and his fowl. Ill tell ya something else just for your info, Harold Brown ordered Lieper's from Howard Suttles of Palmetto, Ga., on several occasions to put new blood in his fowl. I had the opportunity along with my father when we visited Mr. Suttles to see the letters from Harold to Mr. Suttles requesting cerain cocks of his straight and peacomb liepers..
    I was told by Rochelle about this and she has the info on their website that their Mcleans have leiper influence. Just the same, it also states in their website that their greys foundtaion blood were basically Law Grey blood obtained from John Madigin.

Happy New Year Irish... been a long time (from the Gamecock website of Jack).
    Last edited by silver2dmoon; January 2nd, 2010 at 09:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silver2dmoon
    I was told by Rochelle about this and she has the info on their website that their Mcleans have leiper influence. Just the same, it also states in their website that their greys foundtaion blood were basically Law Grey blood obtained from John Madigin.

Happy New Year Irish... been a long time (from the Gamecock website of Jack).
    I was pretty sure Harold had told me they were Law and not whitelegged. I'm glad others had heard the samething. They were basicly the same grey blood that Curtis Blackwell made the Bumblefoots with.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you have a very Happy New Year, silver2d moon, and it surely has been along time. I miss that site more and more everyday. Had some wonderful times on there and better then any others..Take care my friend..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Everett
    Mark Kelley and I are suppose to be at the Charity Derby...maybe I'll see ya.
    mike,
    i won't be there but my nephew micmic will be, i'm here in new york right now, our entry name is Baquero Sur Gamefarm. we'll be showing all greys.

http://sabong.net.ph/forum/images/th...n/post_old.gif January 1st, 2010, 05:26 PM #28 5SAINTS vbmenu_register("postmenu_3053861", true);

vCash: 500

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nilodeleon
    blueface hatch cock over harold brown grey, we'll be showing him this coming Jan. 30 Carson Farm Charity Derby.
    kid

Thank you for the info..HAve you use this crossing before or it's your first of this cross?

5saints,
    it's the first time we'll be showing this cross.
    kid

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Harold Brown Grey

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulgrl07
    HERE ARE MY RED RICHARDSONS...NOT FROM HAROLD BROWN.
    http://pecosvalley.multiply.com/

nice talking to you sir.thanks for the informations regarding the red richardson greys.happy new year to you and your loved ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulgrl07
    HERE ARE MY RED RICHARDSONS...NOT FROM HAROLD BROWN.
    http://pecosvalley.multiply.com/

nice looking grey and col given hatch.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you have a very Happy New Year, silver2d moon, and it surely has been along time. I miss that site more and more everyday. Had some wonderful times on there and better then any others..Take care my friend..
    I know exactly what you mean....
    it feels like a family in there or shall I say in a bar where you catch all the regulars buds.
    What grey do you have by the way ?
    Best for 2010.

Post Thanks / Like

I was pretty sure Harold had told me they were Law and not whitelegged. I'm glad others had heard the samething. They were basicly the same grey blood that Curtis Blackwell made the Bumblefoots with.
    I thought it's common knowledge that Law Greys are Yellow legged while the Madigin Greys are White legged. I'm sure Harold can't miss that. ;=)

Post Thanks / Like

..I'll say it again,,I dont care who gets on here and says some kind of BS about Harold's greys,,there's not a one of you that knew him better than I did and there's not a one of you that actually bred fowl for him like we did..Rochelle is a moron and does'nt know **** from shinola when talking about game roosters,her daddy was a fool !!
    ..Furthermore Curtis Blackwell did not create the Bumblefoot greys,he just took the credit for them..period
    ..another thing when they talk about the makeup of the Hraold Brown Hatch on the redfox website,they're reading Harold's notes and talking about the Leipers that Harold got from J.D. Perry,not Suttles,that was way before Rochelle's time..

Post Thanks / Like

Harold Brown got his greys originally from E.W. Law years ago. There is an interview with Harold years ago in Grit and Steel about Harold and his fowl. Ill tell ya something else just for your info, Harold Brown ordered Lieper's from Howard Suttles of Palmetto, Ga., on several occasions to put new blood in his fowl. I had the opportunity along with my father when we visited Mr. Suttles to see the letters from Harold to Mr. Suttles requesting cerain cocks of his straight and peacomb liepers..
    ..Butch he may have got "some" greys from Law,but that is not where he got his greys that made him famous,H e did talk of a man in SC that got him started and got some of his Wimberly greys to start with,,I cant recount the times we've sit with Harold and he'd tell how he got his best green legged greys from W.T.Green(and Mr.Green confirmed this in 86 to me) and then went and got some from Sweater McGuiness,,Harold actually hated McGuiness,said he was a parasite that he could smell 100" away LOL,,,,Billy Ruble also went to Mr.Green for some greys but thought they "were'nt much" and gave them to Harold..
    ..Harold won derby after derby with his Hatch grey crosses and probably could'nt count how many he sold,alot of breeders based their yard on those Hatch greys too..
    ..Y'all take a look at Silver2dmoon's avatar,,that's the kind of greys we raised for Harold..anything else is generic..
    Last edited by 1handkneehigh; January 3rd, 2010 at 04:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1handkneehigh
    ..I'll say it again,,I dont care who gets on here and says some kind of BS about Harold's greys,,there's not a one of you that knew him better than I did and there's not a one of you that actually bred fowl for him like we did..Rochelle is a moron and does'nt know **** from shinola when talking about game roosters,her daddy was a fool !!
    ..Furthermore Curtis Blackwell did not create the Bumblefoot greys,he just took the credit for them..period
    ..another thing when they talk about the makeup of the Harold Brown Hatch on the redfox website,they're reading Harold's notes and talking about the Leipers that Harold got from J.D. Perry,not Suttles,that was way before Rochelle's time..

1handkneehigh , preach on !! lol, tell us how you really feel haha.... Would be nice to the get scoop on Harolds world famous Greys ... did he fight and sell the same, or was one kept privet from the public ?... Can the Greys that Harold became so famous with still be purchased today in the US ?
    Last edited by DesertRat; January 3rd, 2010 at 05:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say about this and it doesn't matter much, but I know what Mr. Brown told me. I will believe what he said over hearsay. You can believe what you want. In a interview with Grit and Steel, Mr. Green said he had the Wimberley Greys atleast a cock, before he got the Grey Sweaters. If Sweater was such a parasite, why would Harold want fowl from him? Too bad Curtis isn't here to defend hiself. May be he didn't make the Bumblefoots I don't know, but he made them famous. I wasn't there and if you weren't there then it is hearsay.... And some people you might believe alittle more than others. Harold and Curtis fought together, they had a grey cock from Zack Abney of Ala. They bred the sisters of this cock to regular grey cock from a trio from C.C. Cook that came from Law. They called them the non-cutter greys. Harold took his and bred to a Griffen Claret calling them the #1 Greys..this was his famous family of Greenlegged Greys. Curtis took his grey non-cutter grey hen and bred to a Kelso cock. To produce the Bumblefoots , Curtis bred a half Mclean and half the original Law hens to the Kelso/ non-cutter hens. The original Bumblefoots came both red and grey.
    Last edited by Mike Everett; January 3rd, 2010 at 05:40 AM.

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice thread, I do have Harold Brown Grey but doesn't know the origin and make up, this fellow cockers give us a way back history of strain from which this Greys been famous.
    Only chicken talks, and we are listening.

yfis,
    SRS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1handkneehigh
    ..another thing when they talk about the makeup of the Hraold Brown Hatch on the redfox website,they're reading Harold's notes and talking about the Leipers that Harold got from J.D. Perry,not Suttles,that was way before Rochelle's time..
    Whoa.... thanks for sharing your infos 1hand.
    I got hold of WT's son-in-law and asked him about Harold obtaining WT Greys.
    His answer was..."Harold probably did. It's just so many of them that it's just so hard to remember... go ask him on your visit." ;- )

james wolf

wish i knew about the claret with the grey, culled all mine a couple yrs ago, got greys from 2 pi breeders much better. never had success with the greys from rochelle. mclean worked out good for us, & the claret was outstanding.

silvermoon, never made it to jsears, got the bad news that morning my brother in law had passed away, as much as i wanted to visit wasn't the appropriate time, will visit next long weekend, tell him sorry. jim
    Last edited by james wolf; January 3rd, 2010 at 07:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by james wolf
    wish i knew about the claret with the grey, culled all mine a couple yrs ago, got greys from 2 pi breeders much better. never had success with the greys from rochelle. mclean worked out good for us, & the claret was outstanding.

silvermoon, never made it to jsears, got the bad news that morning my brother in law had passed away, as much as i wanted to visit wasn't the appropriate time, will visit next long weekend, tell him sorry. jim
    No problem....I'll see him probably next weekend...
    Sorry for your loss.

Post Thanks / Like

Larry Ramero has some very good Harold Brown Grey chickens. If I were to buy some, he'd be my first stop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzo
    Larry Ramero has some very good Harold Brown Grey chickens. If I were to buy some, he'd be my first stop
    Why buy Harold Brown Grey from Larry Romero if you can buy direct to Red Fox Farm? It doesn'y make sense. Maybe you just want to advertise Larry Romero's Grey.

cabros

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ONESHOTFARM
    i got the cock from its game time farm tim and lisa that got there brood fowl from mr brown thay are green leg stright comb and have big wide backs he feals real good
    Hello Sir,

How is the business communication from tim and lisa? are they really good regarding selling of their broodstocks? please let me know. am planning also to buy from them.
    and also pm me.

Post Thanks / Like

they seem to be very good people i payed and had my bird 2 days later it looked just as the one in the pic on there web sight i would post a pic but i dont know how to he is very healthy no lice and no worms he was fat but not to bad because of winter and all but over all i am very happy with him and i would buy from them again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cabros
    Why buy Harold Brown Grey from Larry Romero if you can buy direct to Red Fox Farm? It doesn'y make sense. Maybe you just want to advertise Larry Romero's Grey.

cabros
    Maybe you have no idea what you're talking about? Maybe you don't understand the concept of a GOOD breeder? I've seen Larry show his greys, I have owned his greys, and in no way do I gain anything from trying to tell people who I thought had the good grey chickens. If you will read my other posts you will clearly see I recommend a few different breeders.

That Red Fox you speak of now ran by his granddaughter are not breeders, and I have heard more bad things about the birds they're now selling than good. Larry Ramero I have not heard one bad word about. I know you can't please everyone, but I assure you Larry has more happy customers than the Red Fox of today. Besides, I do believe Larry used to train birds for Harold so wouldn't you think he ended up with the good birds?

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you have no idea what you're talking about? Maybe you don't understand the concept of a GOOD breeder? I've seen Larry show his greys, I have owned his greys, and in no way do I gain anything from trying to tell people who I thought had the good grey chickens. If you will read my other posts you will clearly see I recommend a few different breeders.

That Red Fox you speak of now ran by his granddaughter are not breeders, and I have heard more bad things about the birds they're now selling than good. Larry Ramero I have not heard one bad word about. I know you can't please everyone, but I assure you Larry has more happy customers than the Red Fox of today. Besides, I do believe Larry used to train birds for Harold so wouldn't you think he ended up with the good birds?
    I dont know where you fight and the type of blades used but Redfox farm greys are still winning in LK in the Philippines.. these Redfox greys will be here for a long time.

Go visit Rochelle's farm and find out for yourself. Talk is cheap.. Her produce are still sold out to Mexican buyers

Post Thanks / Like

In the late 1970s, Harold Brown participated in an International Derby in Bacolod under the sponsorship of the Lacsons (Hector and Emmanuel) where he showed several outstanding roosters among them Greys I believe. His fowl were fed by Richard Bates who was visiting the Phils. for the first time. (The impressive performance of the Red Fox fowl in this derby led to Richard Bates engagement with Mr. Silverio but that is another long story).

Prior to this derby in Bacolod, the fowl that Harold Brown had been shipping to the Phils. were mostly red Hatch/Claret fowl many of them white-legged. Most of these reds were shipped to the Garcia brothers in Davao who fought them successfully all over the country in the early 1970s.

At any rate, the Greys that were fought in Bacolod did so well in the long knife that Emmanuel "Mami" Lacson of Circle L farm traveled to the Red Fox farm in Birmingham, Ala. and acquired these Red Fox Greys along with several families of Hatch as well as a family of Lacy Roundheads and a few Clarets I believe. For the next 20 years, I believe Mami Lacson continued to bring in what I believe were the best broodfowl that Harold Brown was willing to part with as he developed a very close personal relationship with Mami.

These Red Fox fowl - basically Hatches and Greys - continue to be bred today by Mami's son Joey still under Circle L Farm and by a few close friends of the late Mami Lacson.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tusiklang
    I dont know where you fight and the type of blades used but Redfox farm greys are still winning in LK in the Philippines.. these Redfox greys will be here for a long time.

Go visit Rochelle's farm and find out for yourself. Talk is cheap.. Her produce are still sold out to Mexican buyers
    For each their own! ,

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you fight your chicken? I want to see your chicken fight. To see is to believe. Do you fight in the pit or brushback? Let me see your chicken fight in Kentucky. I want to fight a hack against your Larry Romero Grey. You can bring as many chicken you have & we will match it.
    cabros

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cabros
    Where do you fight your chicken? I want to see your chicken fight. To see is to believe. Do you fight in the pit or brushback? Let me see your chicken fight in Kentucky. I want to fight a hack against your Larry Romero Grey. You can bring as many chicken you have & we will match it.
    cabros
    lol do you handle all your problems like this? Someone gives their opinion, you disagree do you kick their ass? You would travel from New Jersey to Kentucky just to prove me wrong? 1. I do not own any of the greys from Larry anymore. When they outlawed Oklahoma I sold ever feather I owned. I buy cocks from a personal friend who doesn't raise a grey chickens of any kind 2. I think you're full of **** 3. Im not traveling 14 hours to prove some idiot who buys chickens from Rachele (whatever her name is) wrong because obviously if you believe those are good birds you're not the sharpest rooster in the cockhouse
    Last edited by Buzzo; January 10th, 2010 at 01:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Harold Brown was Harold Brown in the past. His chickens of yesterday were indeed the best and winning then but today there are lots of tough grey that are winning more than the number of wins by Harold Brown grey. In fact, Harold Brown grey was once became my favorite, however, due to numerous greys locally of top caliber too, I did not pursue my plan of buying Harold Brown (from Rochelle) grey. In my quest searching for a good family of grey, supposedly to be purchased from any American breeders, it has been changed now as I have watched some greys of local famous breeders fighting in the pit that I could call them real grey. Grey is no other than red fowl anyway, it is only due to passion and love for the color (grey) the reason why I placed my thoughts on this thread. Sorry if you find my post adverse to Harold Brown grey lovers. calvinjfarm

Post Thanks / Like

lol do you handle all your problems like this? Someone gives their opinion, you disagree do you kick their ass? You would travel from New Jersey to Kentucky just to prove me wrong? 1. I do not own any of the greys from Larry anymore. When they outlawed Oklahoma I sold ever feather I owned. I buy cocks from a personal friend who doesn't raise a grey chickens of any kind 2. I think you're full of **** 3. Im not traveling 14 hours to prove some idiot who buys chickens from Rachele (whatever her name is) wrong because obviously if you believe those are good birds you're not the sharpest rooster in the cockhouse
    I don't have a problem. Maybe you're the one who got a problem, or you just want to brag something. You said, you sold out your chicken & now you're buying from your friend, you're full of ****. It's only 14 hours travel, I even travel 25hours to fight in Sunset before when it was still legal to fight in Louisiana. Now I'm glad I travel 14 hours only.
    This thread is for Harold Brown not Larry Romero. If you want make your own thread of Larry Romero Grey.

Post Thanks / Like

Harold Brown Grey..... Back in the middle of 90' I got one biddie of grey from a from a friend in New Jersey. This biddie came from an eggs purchase from Mr. Michalski. I raised this biddie and turn out to be one of the most beautiful cock in the yard. Won derby in Va. and produces a very good offspring. A fellow cocker from Oklahoma visited my friend farm in Jersey of all the cocks in the farm he choose my grey anf he wanted to take it back in Ok. I said no. Unfortunately ASPCA got it. About Larry Romero Grey a friend of mine from New England bred it and now he is giving it for free who ever wanted it. Thanks

cockfighter_199

Quote Originally Posted by sibul117
    i think we do have in Lipa city too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Dh9HAsqu4
    down goes SWEATER lol nice vid always good to see a grey come out on top