Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ray alexander roundhead

heel_to_kill

ray alexander roundhead

any input please on these Lacy Roundead of Ray's?

My main question is gameness.....

The reason for asking is I have some great doc hatch and when crossed on these RH they exceed all crosses I've made before. And my sweater/ylh won 75% my crippletony/kelso won close to 80%

THANKYOU,

theking

Re: ray alexander roundhead

I have some and never had one run.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used Mr. Alexander's RH/Clarets and RH/Blues - Gameness was never an issue. I've won some fights from way behind because of their gameness.

Post Thanks / Like

My Ray Alexandre RH brood fowl (Stag) was showing gameness, and I already had a chick that I intend to make him matured. My five cents.
    www.calvinjfarm.org
    www.calvinjfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heel_to_kill
    any input please on these Lacy Roundead of Ray's?

My main question is gameness.....

The reason for asking is I have some great doc hatch and when crossed on these RH they exceed all crosses I've made before. And my sweater/ylh won 75% my crippletony/kelso won close to 80%

THANKYOU,
    Had some in the late 80's early 90's. The were really game roundheads back then. Couldnt tell you anything about what they are now. Everything we crossed them on was good birds. Raised some crossed with butcher from harry charles that was very good roosters. Went away to college in 1992 and didnt breed them again when got out. But with that being said, If you have a cross thats already winning 80%, why try anything else. Breed as many of those 80% winners as you can and you may be famous one day.
    Last edited by springwater; December 24th, 2009 at 04:36 AM.

PitKing

Quote Originally Posted by springwater
    Had some in the late 80's early 90's. The were really game roundheads back then. Couldnt tell you anything about what they are now. Everything we crossed them on was good birds. Raised some crossed with butcher from harry charles that was very good roosters. Went away to college in 1992 and didnt breed them again when got out. But with that being said, If you have a cross thats already winning 80%, why try anything else. Breed as many of those 80% winners as you can and you may be famous one day.
    good advice sir i agree with you.

heel_to_kill

Quote Originally Posted by springwater
    the 80% winners were 1/2 crippletony of john slavin and 1/2 showtime kelso I had of 30 cocks many won multiple times, with an 80% average. i bred alot rh/kelso one year than alot of sweaters the next so the following year I had only 3 year olds and now as 4 year old I've sold most of them.

I lost all the showtime brood fowl and hubert ward died I'm not sure of the probibility of getting the same showtime's back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heel_to_kill
    the 80% winners were 1/2 crippletony of john slavin and 1/2 showtime kelso I had of 30 cocks many won multiple times, with an 80% average. i bred alot rh/kelso one year than alot of sweaters the next so the following year I had only 3 year olds and now as 4 year old I've sold most of them.

I lost all the showtime brood fowl and hubert ward died I'm not sure of the probibility of getting the same showtime's back.

you just stumbled with the guy that has the best showtime kelso in america today...call springwater right now...he might get sold out...

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the compliment. I appreciate it.

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like

Merry xmas to everybody, Kogs who's breeder of Roundhead in the US you can recommend, and also I do have Some Showtime Kelso since year 2000 and it gives me a "W's" to my farm , I wanted to refresh there line, is Springwater have this fowl since Hubert Ward passed.

yfis,
    SRS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by srs
    Merry xmas to everybody, Kogs who's breeder of Roundhead in the US you can recommend, and also I do have Some Showtime Kelso since year 2000 and it gives me a "W's" to my farm , I wanted to refresh there line, is Springwater have this fowl since Hubert Ward passed.

yfis,
    SRS
    Actually I got the showtimes before Hubert passed. Ive had them since the early 90's and still raising them. Ill have the showtimes long after everything else on the place is gone. They have given me some great memories at the shows and great reminders of a good friend.

Dubai/Zamboanga Peninsula & Pagadian City-www.eaglecross2006.multiply.com
    Post Thanks / Like

Previously my late father had Ray Alexander Roundhead cross with mountain eagle, an excellent fighter give him winssssssssssss, I really like the fighting style. Now as successor for the gentleman sport I have now again a new Ray Alexander Roundhead photo below:

www.eaglecross.multiply.com

Merry Christmas Gentlemen
    Last edited by Eaglecross; December 25th, 2009 at 03:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theking
    I have some and never had one run.
    What leg color do alexander roundhead have ? thanks.

Dubai/Zamboanga Peninsula & Pagadian City-www.eaglecross2006.multiply.com
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silver2dmoon
    What leg color do alexander roundhead have ? thanks.
    Ray Alexander Roundhead is 99% White Feet with two staimer on the tail with Lemon hackle see my Web site: www.eaglecross.multiply.com

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

do these rh always come medium-size?

Post Thanks / Like

bought mine direct to ray couple months ago about 5lbs with good very body high station..

Post Thanks / Like

very good fowl pure or crossed the main thing is they cutt work for me in short knife.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglecross View Post
    Previously my late father had Ray Alexander Roundhead cross with mountain eagle, an excellent fighter give him winssssssssssss, I really like the fighting style. Now as successor for the gentleman sport I have now again a new Ray Alexander Roundhead photo below:

www.eaglecross.multiply.com

Merry Christmas Gentlemen

sir, how do they fight? are they early maturing?

roundhead man

In my experience with these Roundheads is that the dark reds need to cock out before showing 2 yr and older. These are also the ones I prefer they are a little smarter and cut better. The light reds mature earlier and are more aggressive they are also smart and can cut but I think that the dark one just maybe a little better. Also the dark ones are VERY gentle birds. I prefer to show these Roundhead straight breed not crossed

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a sample of the other type of Ray Alexander roundheads, the darker red type with white streamers and white feet. This was taken a lil past one month ago when i visited Sir Freddie Yulo for some chickentalk and took some pictures as well. He's one of the more well known people in the P.I. who fought these RA Roundheads extensively during the early 90's. He's up and attem again and produced about 700 stags for this season.

roundhead man

Yes that is them I wish I new how to download pic I would show some pics of my cocks

Post Thanks / Like

I got six stags 1/2 ray roundhead 1/2 cecil davis kelso let play a little today looked real good.

Post Thanks / Like

I got some rays r.h about six years ago they are nice fowl to have.

Post Thanks / Like

roundhead man : hi brother! open a photobucket account and you can upload them there, and then ill teach you how to link it here!

Post Thanks / Like

anyone has some video that we can watch... want to know how they fgt...

Post Thanks / Like

What makes RA roundhead different from other round heads? Is their some thing special about these fowl?

roundhead man

Maybe there better maybe there not. Iam not sure But they do very well for me and my brother. I havent seen other RH in show. But I have seen some Dan gray RH and they look very Similar in appearance but I havent seen them perform

Post Thanks / Like

I have longleaf Roundhead blood really awesome bird don't like to cross it to anything other than Cowan Roundhead!!

Post Thanks / Like

We raised ray alexander rh for years. They are game that was never an issue. They were lighter boned fowl so not really built for gaff but sk and lk were great. Best lk cross was with our hugh norman rh they are heavy boned and ruff and rays are light boned more athletic and break higher. In sk we crossed them with whitehackles, radio, hatch and kelso. They won more than they lost and were pretty fowl.
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

We got rays roundheads a long time ago they are honest cut good game you boys know ray won worlds championsship at copperstate two years in a row! Ray is gentleman to do bussiness with too!