Thread: History Of Richard Bates Black???

Post Thanks / Like

History Of Richard Bates Black???

I admire this Black's fighting style....I wonder what is the genetic make up of this magnificent bird. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thnx.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: History Of Richard Bates Black???

Not sure but i think it's a Nigger Roundhead crossed to Walton Hatch.

cockfighter_199

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix101
    Not sure but i think it's a Nigger Roundhead crossed to Walton Hatch.
    really sweet

Post Thanks / Like

Richard had a multi-winner hatch rooster that was bought or borrowed by Mayor Poblete. The bird was bred to Canadian mug. One of the offspring was a really low stationed brownred ace. It won 9 or 19 times, dont remember anymore but it was one of those two numbers. Richard got that bird and bred back more of his hatch but stuck to the brownred color.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonio
    Richard had a multi-winner hatch rooster that was bought or borrowed by Mayor Poblete. The bird was bred to Canadian mug. One of the offspring was a really low stationed brownred ace. It won 9 or 19 times, dont remember anymore but it was one of those two numbers. Richard got that bird and bred back more of his hatch but stuck to the brownred color.

SIR DO HAVE ANY IDEA WAT PARTICULAR BLOODLINE WILL BE NICK TO THE PURE BATES BLACK
    ITS LYT FOWLS OR ANY HATCH LINES.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunblade68 View Post
    SIR DO HAVE ANY IDEA WAT PARTICULAR BLOODLINE WILL BE NICK TO THE PURE BATES BLACK
    ITS LYT FOWLS OR ANY HATCH LINES.
    Not sure about what tonio said but if I were you I'd try and find some Mel Sims Black or Black McRae's just call it a hunch.

Post Thanks / Like

I got the history from Richard himself, we were friends and neighbors...He did fight a lot of Mcrea birds in the 70s and 80s these were mostly reds though. Richard was very secretive when it came to bloodlines. He did not even call his green legged fowl hatch...But he did tell me those blacks he fought from the 90s up until his death were mostly his green legged blood bred towards the brownred color that came from he muti winner

Never heard him mention Mel Sims, if he was importing birds it was not for him it was for his backers. His fowl were very inbred towards the end, they were coming so small he was asked to pull out of the stag circuit cause the pit could not supply enough "dummy" or "joker" cocks.

Richard was secretive but honest, miss him a lot the fights are not the same without him in attendance. His presence made things look "official" like you knew it was a big derby cause richard bates was there

Post Thanks / Like

so this is the reason why we got a pop out brown red when making a 7/8 bates black. now i am not confused...thinking it will go to more darker side....tnx for the information.

this is already bought going to leyte....he choose this one over his dark brothers...

this is his sister...the pair...

Last edited by grey/dom; December 22nd, 2013 at 10:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonio View Post
    I got the history from Richard himself, we were friends and neighbors...He did fight a lot of Mcrea birds in the 70s and 80s these were mostly reds though. Richard was very secretive when it came to bloodlines. He did not even call his green legged fowl hatch...But he did tell me those blacks he fought from the 90s up until his death were mostly his green legged blood bred towards the brownred color that came from he muti winner

Never heard him mention Mel Sims, if he was importing birds it was not for him it was for his backers. His fowl were very inbred towards the end, they were coming so small he was asked to pull out of the stag circuit cause the pit could not supply enough "dummy" or "joker" cocks.

Richard was secretive but honest, miss him a lot the fights are not the same without him in attendance. His presence made things look "official" like you knew it was a big derby cause richard bates was there

HELLO TONIO !!! THANKS FOR SHARING THOSE INFOS... miss richards bates too.
    about 4 years ago I was gifted a sinibalang it was super cock... the giver told me
    the sinibalang was a richard bates fowl... did richard ever bred a sinibalang?
    just two days ago the same man again gifted me with a sinibalang BC this time
    I am thinking of using him for breeding, I just want some comfirmation as to the
    authenticity of the story. happy xmas to you and your family. princess naldo
    " one life time is not enough to learn about
    gamefowl breeding". it is like a vast universe
    what can come out will never cease to amaze us".

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard him mention Mel Sims,
    Yup. Mel Sims is the new "Sweater" It's now a noun "Melsim" they say.

I breed blacks. Everyone that sees them want them to be a "Melsim."

As for Richard, he just bred winner to winner. Thats it. No mystery to it.

Post Thanks / Like

bates black is a product of infusion's from bigtail hatch, canadian mug, bownred, and mostly mcrae fron raymond rano of hawaii...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaRose View Post
    HELLO TONIO !!! THANKS FOR SHARING THOSE INFOS... miss richards bates too.
    about 4 years ago I was gifted a sinibalang it was super cock... the giver told me
    the sinibalang was a richard bates fowl... did richard ever bred a sinibalang?
    just two days ago the same man again gifted me with a sinibalang BC this time
    I am thinking of using him for breeding, I just want some comfirmation as to the
    authenticity of the story. happy xmas to you and your family. princess naldo

There were many birds on Richard's farm many were not his he was just training them, imports and locals. I believe I saw whites that belonged to Pepito Ngo, Richard also would breed for Pepeito Ng who would buy them as chicks. The white was Pepito's blood. Richard used this to produce birds for Mr. Ngo

13. Thanks ChinaRose thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tonio enjoyed that brief history on them ,thank you yis sweaterkiller

Post Thanks / Like

There were many birds on Richard's farm many were not his he was just training them, imports and locals. I believe I saw whites that belonged to Pepito Ngo, Richard also would breed for Pepeito Ng who would buy them as chicks. The white was Pepito's blood. Richard used this to produce birds for Mr. Ngo
    i've seen the interview of pepito ngo,he is now breeding only bates black.all are from richard bates.also have very intersting handling of his chicks.
    Last edited by lordwally; December 23rd, 2013 at 06:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Did he happen to tell you anything about his spangled hatch and greys?

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to know how the pea comb spangle dark legged birds were bread that William Bumgarner had. The were tough birds.