Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gilmore Hatch Breeder?

Post Thanks / Like

Gilmore Hatch Breeder?

Can anyone here tell us more about the figthing style of a Gilmore hatch and what qualities does it have compared to other hatch families? and who are the Breeders here in the U.S. who still breeds this type of hatch? If you will pick any hatch family which would you pick
    to Cross to your hatch family?

Thanks,

Tweety-Doo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gilmore Hatch Breeder?

I got Gilmore hatch( right nose) of Bruce Barnett. I crossed then with Sweaters but your question is which Hatch to cross with...i have tried crossing them with SC Mel Simms hatch hoping to produced Hi-action hatch but it did not improved the breaking ability though they seem to blend well. As for the characteristic of the Gilmores that i want....they are not too aggresive and approached their opponent with caution but as soon as the fight started the are typically hatch in style...i hope this helps.

3. Thanks Cutdeep797 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got two families of Gilmore (brood cocks and hens), acquired from Charlie Bailey of Oklahoma. Charlie called them “the old blood Carol Nesmith”. I crossed the brood cocks separately over my Sweater-Kelso hens (sisters). The style of the offspring looks similar. They are careful on the ground (with power) and flies high over the opponent, which is different from pure Gilmore.

My pure Gilmore (F1s) are too aggressive, fighting like no tomorrow. I tested one F1 in hack fight last year. He threw some fatal blow up in the air and almost killed the opponent on the ground but because of his aggressiveness and too close while fighting, the opponent was able to punch back with fatal blow (perhaps the last blow), then my Gilmore died instantly. My five cents. www.calvinjfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like

here's a fight video of our gilmore hatch. we tested this seedfowl to check his gameness, for he is heavily inbred, and he passed the gameness test with flying colors.
    http://kingdotix.multiply.com/video/...HATCH_BULLSTAG

we put a lacy RH cock over gilmore hatch hens and we've had good results with their offsprings. here are sample videos of our RH hatch in action at 2009 bakbakan bullstag derby. both fowls are stag derby winners.

http://kingdotix.multiply.com/video/...H_1_-_BULLSTAG

http://kingdotix.multiply.com/video/...H_2_-_BULLSTAG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kingdotix
    here's a fight video of our gilmore hatch. we tested this seedfowl to check his gameness, for he is heavily inbred, and he passed the gameness test with flying colors.
    http://kingdotix.multiply.com/video/...HATCH_BULLSTAG

we put a lacy RH cock over gilmore hatch hens and we've had good results with their offsprings. here are sample videos of our RH hatch in action at 2009 bakbakan bullstag derby. both fowls are stag derby winners.

http://kingdotix.multiply.com/video/...H_1_-_BULLSTAG

http://kingdotix.multiply.com/video/...H_2_-_BULLSTAG
    Kingdotix, you’ve got superb 7/8 Gilmore. I watched his fight. He possesses real gameness. About my two brood cock Gilmores, I did not attempt to fight them. Though they possess similar fighting style like your Gilmore, however too aggressive during the fight, I am scared of losing them as I had a hard way in acquiring them.

Your Gilmore with RH blood was also superb in first and second fights. I wish you were able to get offspring out of him. Keep on breeding and good luck. www.calvinjfarm.com

aurora gold

Quote Originally Posted by Tweety-Doo
    Can anyone here tell us more about the figthing style of a Gilmore hatch and what qualities does it have compared to other hatch families? and who are the Breeders here in the U.S. who still breeds this type of hatch? If you will pick any hatch family which would you pick

Thanks,

Tweety-Doo
    carol nesmith infused them for their deep cutting ability
    he crosses them to stuart ylh to improve their breaking ability
    carol`s vertical sweater is a quarter gilmore blood

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aurora gold
    carol nesmith infused them for their deep cutting ability
    he crosses them to stuart ylh to improve their breaking ability
    carol`s vertical sweater is a quarter gilmore blood
    Aurora Gold, thanks for the info. I already knew about the blood composition of “vertical” being produced by Carol NeSmith. My mentor, Mr. Charles Bailey of Oklahoma --who once became a breeder to Blackwater --had taught me this blood blending while buying gamefowl from him. The only difference is McLean YLH that I should infuse instead of Stuart YLH. I should complete the blood blending in the following season since I am in the second stage of the process. If I’ve done this blood blending, I should name it differently. Instead of vertical it should be “horizontal”, he! he! he! Joke only bro. Thanks, www.calvinjfarm.com

aurora gold

Quote Originally Posted by reli
    Aurora Gold, thanks for the info. I already knew about the blood composition of “vertical” being produced by Carol NeSmith. My mentor, Mr. Charles Bailey of Oklahoma --who once became a breeder to Blackwater --had taught me this blood blending while buying gamefowl from him. The only difference is McLean YLH that I should infuse instead of Stuart YLH. I should complete the blood blending in the following season since I am in the second stage of the process. If I’ve done this blood blending, I should name it differently. Instead of vertical it should be “horizontal”, he! he! he! Joke only bro. Thanks, www.calvinjfarm.com
    if that line will bulldoze flat his opponent
    then that "horizontal" name is proper
    goodluck to your breeding bro

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=reli][LEFT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]I got two families of Gilmore (brood cocks and hens), acquired from Charlie Bailey of Oklahoma.....

reli ..
    you must have some pretty good gilmore blood as chalie does have some darn good roosters .. did you get any of the oakgrove hatch from him?

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=ELITE808EDGE]
    Quote Originally Posted by reli
    [left][font=Verdana][size=2]I got two families of Gilmore (brood cocks and hens), acquired from Charlie Bailey of Oklahoma.....

reli ..
    you must have some pretty good gilmore blood as chalie does have some darn good roosters .. did you get any of the oakgrove hatch from him?
    Thanks ELITE808EDGE. I haven't acquire oakgrove hatch from Charlie, but I did acquire McLean YLH (together with Gilmore and Sweater) which are awesome fowls to me. I plan to buy Yellow legged hatch Gene Batia instead of oakgrove hatch. Regards, www.calvinjfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like

Guys,

Just a curious question....... are there such Spangled Gilmore family?
    I've once chatted with a good friend he saw some good family of spangled gilmore breed in Negros .... I do know if they are any good but they have them for almost 4 years now.

any input would greatly be appreciated ..... many thanks

cheers....!

YH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Hatch
    Guys,

I've once chatted with a good friend he saw some good family of spangled gilmore breed in Negros .... I do know if they are any good but they have them for almost 4 years now.

cheers....!

YH
    I’ve watched a Gilmore spangled versus Kelso on DVD. This Gilmore was owned by Edgar Borela and was fought under the entry name “Chairman”. The derby was dubbed as “Sabong for a Cause” held in Makati Coliseum sometime in December 2009.

This Gilmore spangled won over Kelso. The style of fighting was throwing hard blows while taking off and in mid air. He is always on top of the opponent at any buckles. While on the ground, he patiently stays on foot waiting for the opponent, and before he may be hit, he could hack the opponent first and if the opponent was lying down, he give multiple shuffles, too. My five cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Hatch
    Guys,

cheers....!

YH
    My Gilmore Hatch Broodcock after the Moult:

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your postings lets keep it up!!!!!

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

gilmore

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Gilmore Hatch Breeder?

Thanks,

Tweety-Doo
    I CAN QUOTE MR.CHARLIE BAILEY SR.( THE GILMORES IN CHARLIES OPPINION ARE THE MOST TALENTED GREENLEG HATCH FOWL HE HAS SEEN HE SAID IF HE NEW WHERE ANY BETTER HATCH WAS HE WOULD HAVE THEM.) WHAT THEY BRING TO THE TABLE IS THIS HEIGHT, BEAUTY, STRENGTH,CUTTING,ABILITY,AND MOST OF ALL GAMENESS! HOPE THIS HELPS YOU IN SOME WAY.

Post Thanks / Like

ive crossed my gilmores with hoskins gray, with great power cut and defense, fought them pure and also won with them, now im breeding 3/4 possum sweater, 1/4 gilmore taking Carol Nedsmith advice, i have about 25 bull stag for this up coming season!

Post Thanks / Like

HERES A HOSKINS GREY/ GILMORE BLOODLINES FROM BLACKWATER FARMS; QUICK KILL, CAN CUT LIKE A RAZOR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY2leR1WH8U

Post Thanks / Like

POSSUM SWEATER/ GILMORE CROSS ANOTHER WIN; BLACKWATER BLOODLINES,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Z9W...eature=related

Post Thanks / Like

PURE GILMORE WIN, THIS REALLY SHOWS HOW SMART THEY ARE BY RUNNING AROUND AND NOT GIVING THE OTHER BIRD A CLEAR SHOT AT HIM. BLACKWATER BLOODLINES;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xI1r...eature=related

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tony01montana
    ive crossed my gilmores with hoskins gray, with great power cut and defense, fought them pure and also won with them, now im breeding 3/4 possum sweater, 1/4 gilmore taking Carol Nedsmith advice, i have about 25 bull stag for this up coming season!
    looks interesting...... goddluck sir tonyo....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackrose
    looks interesting...... goddluck sir tonyo....
    thank u sir... good luck in your breeding also.

Post Thanks / Like

We have a Gilmore purchased from Herman Lacson and Doc Abanya of Dumaguete. The one we got fron HermaN LACSON have WON Five Times in derbies e.g dauin,Dumaguete, Twice four cock and 3cock at Dipolog coleseum, Twice at Gloria de Dapitan. He Is Always have unscratch cause he is Very Cautious in the ground after he fought and wounded his opponent in the first and Second Buckles. We Plan To Have Him Cross But We Have No idea where to secure the material and what bloodlines to Blend To Maintain His Style Of Fighting. Can Anybody Share And Where To Get/buy The Said Material
    Last edited by tabigi; May 18th, 2010 at 03:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aemartinez
    wow! thanks for sharing the pic...hope you`ll share one spare for me also

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Gilmore Hatch Breeder?

My Gilmore acquired from my very good friend in Negros.
    http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/IMG_3946.jpg

just started to breed with roundhead and ylh, hope they will do good in the future!!!

Post Thanks / Like

pure Gilmore 1 YO bullstg vs. 3 YO sweater looking cock...Not too agressive but very powerfull when they hit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a2RvGymxd4
    Last edited by deekgarcia; May 18th, 2010 at 04:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rolslemon

just started to breed with roundhead and ylh, hope they will do good in the future!!!
    wow! ...salamat boss for sharing this pic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rolslemon

Sir! ang ganda naman po ng Gilmore broodcock na yan

Post Thanks / Like

Pa share din ng aming gilmore hatch, now in the Pen.

http://musclepower22.multiply.com/ph..._Cord#photo=21

Ito naman ang sparring nya. we call this stag as El Maso Line!!!

http://musclepower22.multiply.com/vi...lmore_stag.MP4

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks,

Tweety-Doo
    CHARLIE BAILEYS GILMORES ARE REAL DEALS THEY BREAK WELL AND WHEN THEY COME TO THE GROUND BUDY IT IS A MACHINE GUNNERS DREAM. GAME TO THE CORE!