Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: hatch over claret

  
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    109
    Post Thanks / Like

    hatch over claret

    what is the best or most common breed of hatch to cross over clarets

  2. #2
    Senior Member jcjfarms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    967
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hatch over claret

    I would say mclean, lieper or a good yellow legged family of hatch, but most cross good just make sure they are athletic type of hatch.

  3. #3
    Member waray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hatch over claret

    I have Ray Alexander Claret bred to JJ yellow leg hatch with good results .
    waray

    Quote Originally Posted by asc_redsngreys
    what is the best or most common breed of hatch to cross over clarets

  4. #4
    Senior Member sucess gamefarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,559
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hatch over claret

    One of my first cock was a GL Hatch claret that bird was fast and smart with plenty of cutting aswell as gameness there very good crosses if youre formula is right.

  5. #5
    Senior Member golden arrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,718
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hatch over claret

    im breeding griffin claret over ruble hatch hen......


  6. #6
    cockfighter_199
    Guest

    Re: hatch over claret

    Quote Originally Posted by golden arrow
    im breeding griffin claret over ruble hatch hen......
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...ffinClaret.jpg
    hey man that's a nice cross you got there but id say also the McLean would work i seen some McLean over ray Alexander clarets and they were nice fowl

  7. #7
    Senior Member grey/dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    greysland
    Posts
    3,075
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hatch over claret

    my partner bred bc claret to hatchet hens...and to magnum hatch hen..

    my brother bred bc claret to black hatch and blue face hatch and gilmore hatch hens...

    there are some cockerels now...

  8. #8
    Senior Member golden arrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,718
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hatch over claret

    thanks, yes mclean will be a good cross with claret....
    Quote Originally Posted by cockfighter_199
    hey man that's a nice cross you got there but id say also the McLean would work i seen some McLean over ray Alexander clarets and they were nice fowl

  9. #9
    Cyberfriends Matt Dunne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Valencia Neg OR
    Posts
    579
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hatch over claret

    You can use any hatch over clarets and get good fowl. To quote a famous cocker when you have run out of Hatch clarets you have run out of good fowl.

    I have used Pinion YLH, Leipers, Democrats in the past with great results, I will be planning to breed end of this year with Pennys, Mcleans, Leipers, over clarets.

    Friends of mine use Mcleans, Blueface, High action, Wilsons Hatch ( Wilson Ong) over clarets


    hope this helps

    Cheers

  10. #10
    Member amc_gf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hatch over claret

    Quote Originally Posted by jcjfarms
    I would say mclean, lieper or a good yellow legged family of hatch, but most cross good just make sure they are athletic type of hatch.
    a hatch / claret bloodlines let it mate to Lemon BC thats authentic 3-way crossing for me and it give good results too lots od wins ...amc_gf
    Last edited by amc_gf; February 22nd, 2010 at 05:51 AM.

  11. #11
    Member jpadilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hatch over claret

    madigan claret over mclean hatch very good for me

  12. #12
    Senior Member bully12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    sabungan
    Posts
    1,213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hatch over claret


    rv hatch x ra claret

  13. #13
    Senior Member AnakNiPepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sa Bundok
    Posts
    854
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hatch over claret

    what I did is claret over the hatches... I'll be waiting for the result...

  14. #14
    Senior Member irishcutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Re: hatch over claret

    "Always figured that when your outta hatch/clarets your outta chickens". Quote of Harold
    Brown many years ago at DelRio duing the 8 cock.. He was asked that question one time when him and my dad were shooting the breeze and they were walking by to get some coffee and a fella asked him what he was showing that time!! We always put hatch cocks over clarets hens. Then would take the 1/2 and /2 cock and bred it back to the clarets for 3/4 claret and 1/4 hatch.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Mike Everett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hatch over claret

    Quote Originally Posted by irishcutt
    "Always figured that when your outta hatch/clarets your outta chickens". Quote of Harold
    Brown many years ago at DelRio duing the 8 cock.. He was asked that question one time when him and my dad were shooting the breeze and they were walking by to get some coffee and a fella asked him what he was showing that time!! We always put hatch cocks over clarets hens. Then would take the 1/2 and /2 cock and bred it back to the clarets for 3/4 claret and 1/4 hatch.
    Butch I also like 3/4 Claret and 1/4 Hatch, but I do it a little different. I bred a Claret cock over Hatch hens. I get all white legged offpring, stags straight comb and pea-comb, but all dark red, black-spurred. I then take the straight comb 1/2 and 1/2 pullets and breed back to a Claret cock.

  16. #16
    Member HE'S DEAD 1 FLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    WAIANAE HAWAII
    Posts
    222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: hatch over claret

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Everett
    Butch I also like 3/4 Claret and 1/4 Hatch, but I do it a little different. I bred a Claret cock over Hatch hens. I get all white legged offpring, stags straight comb and pea-comb, but all dark red, black-spurred. I then take the straight comb 1/2 and 1/2 pullets and breed back to a Claret cock.











    THAT IS A VERY VERY DEADLY MIX.......... I DO REAL WELL WITH 3/4 1/4 CLARET HATCHS......






    CLEAR CREEK MAUI

Similar Threads

  1. 50% Hatch-50% Claret
    By ecapp in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: August 17th, 2009, 11:52 PM
  2. Hatch Claret
    By Dwip in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: September 23rd, 2008, 11:21 PM
  3. all about hatch claret
    By antong in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: September 24th, 2007, 10:27 PM
  4. Hatch-x-claret
    By bolick in forum Usapang Manok
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: February 23rd, 2006, 05:53 AM
  5. hatch x hatch/claret kombinasyon
    By triplus in forum Usapang Manok
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 2nd, 2004, 09:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •