Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: chet

Post Thanks / Like

chet

would like to no the make up of the chet rooster any info will be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Re: chet

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKCROW
    would like to no the make up of the chet rooster any info will be appreciated
    THE CHETS are what they are now as they have been around for many years about 75 years and our dad has had them for about 60years the ones we have were a blend of Roundhead , Brownred, and some spanish blood these were the first chets and they came small and still are ,real smart cut good and prety game. then came some bigger ones that look to have some kind of Jap in them hit harder but not as game , then they started trying several different things over the years and so there are many type of birds called chets but the ones that made chets name were the first that Joe Wolf made up and the hens come anywhere from light buff with a orange color cast,to a golden hackle darker body. the stags will be a checkered breasted or black medium to high station ,nice tails but not to big small heads , a kind of brownred hatch type color,feel like your holding a football both the hens and the roosters, very healthy type of birds . hope this helps enjoy you asking about the Chets .fis

Post Thanks / Like

Chet Fowl

Taken from The Gamecock Jan. 2001
    Writen By Ed Flynt.

The actual originator of the chets was the late Al Ashton. He had Joe Wolfe feeding his cocks; they fought a little cock several times and proved a sensation. In breeding, this bird was an even 4 way cross of O.K Roundhead, Red quill, Butcher Boy and Mortgage Lifter.

Ashton had two cocks half Tuzo Jap and half Rood Brown redi they were several time winners. After fighting these particular birds, Chet Robinson, a policeman who never fought a cock but a convival companion was present. Ashton asked Robinson to take a sister to his half Jap, half Br. Red and the 4 way coss cock and breed them in his back yard.

Chet Robinson did this and raised two clutches of chicks, more than half stags, approximately fifteen. When big enough to pick up, all were brought to Ashton. These stags won from fought to 21 fights each and were mated for several years. All looked alike and fought alike....just about whipped everyone in the far west for years. Ashton was a good breeder and feeder, one of the best in pen walkin cocks.

All Chets were uniform: green legged, pea comb and whipporwill color for a period of years. Thery were bred and inbred for several generations and occasionally a sraight comb appeared.

Ashton fought hundreds of cocks each season and won his share. Very few people ever recieved a pure Chet from him. The first man to ever secure any Chets was the late Bill Stevenson... in turn he let Bill Hentges have some and the latter won a grand majority for several years. Later on Hentges infused a trace of Nig Roundhead in his and they in turn were good for a few years. It was evident the yard of the latter had a race of donkey in them and it started to show up.

I imagine the most exciteing main ever fought on the West Coast was between Ashton and the Reno (Nev.) cockers. Twentyone were shown and fought, and as I recall Ashton won seventeen- Don Carse handled for the winner.

continue........

Post Thanks / Like

The writer paid an even hundred for a Chet cock he was handling for Al in a fight won with one leg. Carse secured a an old hen, sister to Peanut, a Chet winner of 21 battles. Carse and myself bred the pair and started our Chets. Later on, after Al knew we had the real McCoy he would exchange pure ones with us. As has been stated, very few men ever got a hen and a cock from Ashton.

I know of one fellow, here on the East Coast, who advertised for some long time, offering pure Chets...he never had over three quarter Chet blood. Just one time, lasting but a day, he entered Ashton`s yard when the latter was away and "appropriated" a hen. The neibors told Al what had happened. It so happened he had a cocker friend who was a highway patrolman and he made a quick trip and brought the hen back.

The incident is mentioned to illustrate how difficult it was to obtain a pure Chet.

Very few cockers know how good a cocker was Al Ashton.. few can say they ever beat him. I did defeat him in his last main which was fought at the age of 83. He was as sharp then as most cocker are at 25. He passed away several years ago at the age of 86 and to the time of death fought his cocks. At one main, he told me he had no more pure Chets left. Ashton was a friend of the writer and I acquired much chicken knowledge in our association. It was on his place I saw pen walked cocks for the first time.

A closeing tale on the Chet origination..Ashton and Robinson visited me one day. Chet had been struck by a car and recieving a broken leg. He was useing a walking stick-I asked where they had been and Ashton replied, we have been looking for Chets came. Seems they had been imbibin and he had thrown it away. Further, this is the true breeding of the Chets, anyone can take it from here.

Hope this help.

PURE CHET HEN

PURE CHET STAG AT R. ROBERTS FARM

Don2MD
    Last edited by don2md; March 9th, 2010 at 01:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: chet

Quote Originally Posted by don2md

The writer paid an even hundred for a Chet cock he was handling for Al in a fight won with one leg. Carse secured a an old hen, sister to Peanut, a Chet winner of 21 battles. Carse and myself bred the pair and started our Chets. Later on, after Al knew we had the real McCoy he would exchange pure ones with us. As has been stated, very few men ever got a hen and a cock from Ashton.

I know of one fellow, here on the East Coast, who advertised for some long time, offering pure Chets...he never had over three quarter Chet blood. Just one time, lasting but a day, he entered Ashton`s yard when the latter was away and "appropriated" a hen. The neibors told Al what had happened. It so happened he had a cocker friend who was a highway patrolman and he made a quick trip and brought the hen back.

The incident is mentioned to illustrate how difficult it was to obtain a pure Chet.

Very few cockers know how good a cocker was Al Ashton.. few can say they ever beat him. I did defeat him in his last main which was fought at the age of 83. He was as sharp then as most cocker are at 25. He passed away several years ago at the age of 86 and to the time of death fought his cocks. At one main, he told me he had no more pure Chets left. Ashton was a friend of the writer and I acquired much chicken knowledge in our association. It was on his place I saw pen walked cocks for the first time.

A closeing tale on the Chet origination..Ashton and Robinson visited me one day. Chet had been struck by a car and recieving a broken leg. He was useing a walking stick-I asked where they had been and Ashton replied, we have been looking for Chets came. Seems they had been imbibin and he had thrown it away. Further, this is the true breeding of the Chets, anyone can take it from here.

Hope this help.

PURE CHET HEN

PURE CHET STAG AT R. ROBERTS FARM

Don2MD
    Hi ...

if the writer said that was very difficult get pure chets.. years back.... I wondering how Mr. RR got his Chets.... any buddy here know..?

Don2md.. congratulation..! it is well knew what these chets from mr. RR have done....! keep them...! what blood is the cocks with the chet's hen..?

cheers
    JG
    Last edited by jgmadridRMZ; March 9th, 2010 at 04:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

JG,

The cock with the Chet hen in the picture is a Blackwater Sweater "Chris Blood".

Don2MD

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said some of the chets had JAP blood in them and like i said the Chets were different over the years never seen this article but it sounds like parts of the stories we were told how some of the Chets came about. but as for them being the first ones well I dont buy that as I know for a fact my dad had the small Roundhead type for several years before he got . the bigger Jap looking ones. This how we got ours and then you tell me Dad worked with a man whos his wifes dad was cop. they wanted to get into roosters so they were introduced to Chet he said had friends that could help them chet hooked them up with Don Carse and Joe Wolf Don said Joe was the breeder and Don did the feeding and pitting . the roosters were called Chets cause chet R. WAS THE MONEY BACKER AND THEY WERE RAISED AT HIS HOUSE HE HAD NOTHING ELSE TO DO WITH IT . JOE LIVED AT CHETS HOUSE IN THE BACK . and when they fought these cocks people would ask what they were and Don would say there those Chet roosters so thats where the name came from. Dad got his first rooster from Don Carse then later Chet told Don to give them a pure trio . so dad always beleived the rooster he got at first must have been a cross as he was a bird that won real quick for Don .Since then I have talked to Jessy Horta and he said all those real good roosters that Don was using in the pit were crossed on the old California Hatch. I know this is a long story but remember Im not saying these are the only kind im saying this is how it was told to my dad by Joe, Don , and Chet and i have been told it this way for many years. But last and not least remember I said the chets were bred many ways over the years that is what makes them hard to get chickens from someone else and put into the family you might have as they may not be that closely related. If someone would pm me and tell me in detail how to post pictures I will put some on here just cant figure out how thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have an oral tradition or a personal association like Redmondjoe, other than what Tom Spurrier told me. Tom was a great storyteller and collector of gamefowl history. I've read several stories about the Chets and also what i heard from Tom was that the original hen was a Oriental/Spanish stowaway in a shipment of cocks from El Paso, TX. If this is true the Oriental blood was in the original small Chets. Tom always claimed the Redquill in them came from him, through J. B. Kennard. Tom had the Elsin gaffs of Redquill fame and I believe the multi winning Redquill cock came from O.C. "Hog" Nation as a stag. My understanding is without this original hen there would have been no "Chets".

Post Thanks / Like

CHETS

Written by Tom Spurrier

Take from The Gamecock May 1972

TALL TALES FROM
    TEXAS

The writer of this letter passed away several years back. At the time I received this letter, it was understood that I would not use his name if I published the letter, which he knew I wanted to do.. So his name Will not be told. To begin with, a young attorney had asked me if I knew anything about the background of the California Chets. I told him I didn't , but I knew somebody that did. This same letter was published in the magazine, THE GAMEcock, about 7 or 8 years ago. But many will read this today that didn't have the opportunity when it was first published. Everything you read here is either a copy of the letter or things that happened as far back as 1925 or 1926, and every word is true and I can prove everything I say.. The letter follows:

TOM SPURRIER,

Blanket, TX.

Dear Tom:

Yours just received and will try to get an answer off to you and tell you what I know about the "CHETS". the first four men I can remember in my life were Dad, Grand Dad, Fred Johnson and
    JOE WOLFE all cocker's and kept fowl up to the time of their passing.
    CONTINUED...

Post Thanks / Like

Now Joe Wolfe (Spelling?) was the only one of the four who had anything to do with the origination of the "Chets and the best I can do is relate the story as Joe Wolfe told it to the late Wm Taylor, who visited me many times before his death. It seems in the early 30's or late 20ís there were sort of a combine formed in Los Angeles, California. with Chet Robinson having the finances and Joe Wolfe the cocker. They bought a great many cocks from A. J. Jarrett of El Paso, TX. In one shipment of cocks there came a small, dark, pea comb hen. They couldn't understand why she was in with one of the cocks. They wrote Jarrett about her and he explained it in this way, the Mexican he had working for him raised some Oriental-Spanish crosses that were fought in naked heels and from the description, one of these hens or pullets must have decided to use a shipping crate for a nest. They picked the shipment of cocks off the roost at night, put them in the crates and didn't realized or know the hen was in the crate. They just tossed the little hen in the "Hen pen" and damned if she didn't whip every hen in the pen. In fact, she grew spurs and knocked an eye out of several hens. JOE WOLFE told Chet Robinson he was going kill her but Chet Robinson said "Hell no - put her in with that Mortgage Lifter stag" (From Guss Williams, Luthersville, GA" who needs a hen for company. Well you know what happened, The hen raised a clutch from this Mortgage Lifter stag - The get were damn near unbeatable.

CONTINUED...

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Spurrier's version is probably more correct, simply because they are now called Chet (Robinson), instead of Al (Ashton)... but who knows...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile CHET

Quote Originally Posted by newtogame2
    Tom Spurrier's version is probably more correct, simply because they are now called Chet (Robinson), instead of Al (Ashton)... but who knows...
    Hi Guys..!

Don2md..! thanks, he really look good...

Well, apparently may be there is several versions of chets, I think the most important thing is that chets, currently in your hands WIN ...! I just make a track of my cocks to have something to tell... if they can't win no matter who demon had them before.

what are the qualities of chets ....? ... I mean....if at the time of entering in the pit, you realize that your opponent is a cock full in chet's blood ... would expect from him?

regards
    JG

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CHET

Quote Originally Posted by jgmadridRMZ
    Hi Guys..!

Don2md..! thanks, he really look good...

Well, apparently may be there is several versions of chets, I think the most important thing is that chets, currently in your hands WIN ...! I just make a track of my cocks to have something to tell... if they can't win no matter who demon had them before.

what are the qualities of chets ....? ... I mean....if at the time of entering in the pit, you realize that your opponent is a cock full in chet's blood ... would expect from him?

regards
    JG
    If he doesn't have a history to go with his name..How could you possibly know what to expect out of him?

Post Thanks / Like

Chets are some of the hard to obtain blood nowadays,been searching for these blood for years,the breeder finally let me have the trio and some crosses.the chets that i got could be mistaken as little Mcleans and the breeder where i got mine has these blood since 1968 .As per his advice always cross first to hatch blood and then to a light legged blood,maybe RH or kelso. Here"s the Chet that i got:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...tbroodcock.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: CHET

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Everett
    If he doesn't have a history to go with his name..How could you possibly know what to expect out of him?
    Hi Sr. mike

I understand what you mean. when one of my friends tells me that just get a Lowman's whitehackle cock; sure the first thing I expect is; a cock with strw comb, white legs, red with some white in their feathers, and its performance: strong and good cut.... only for this, I used the name. and about the person from whom the rooster comes, the only thing I want to know is if he is a person whom I "believe" or know he have the ability for win with his cocks.

as I had said before... I just track my cocks because is good to know from or how they are made.... but just to know and see if I can make something from here... but it's not a fact

IF THE FOWL IS NOT GOOD... NO MATTER WHO BREED HIM... I do not know of any breeder who has become famous for creating roosters who do not WIN

like narraganssett said.... the bird may be a god one, so far as that is concerned, but so far as his being what his name implied, it's dollars to doughnuts that the relationship does not exceed 10% percent.

just my comment sr. Mike

Sr. days ego I sand a pm to you.... but I think you don't see it

Post Thanks / Like

There are others with more experience and knowledge about "Chet's" characteristics than me. One thing that I have always heard about them is than they were deadly cutters.

Post Thanks / Like

Later on he crossed and 8 times winning RED QUILL cock to some of the hens and this if I remember correctly is the basic breeding of the "Chets." The exact proportions of this blood NO ONE KNOWS and the originators themselves would no doubt have to check their own breeding charts to tell as we both know. Several years later, I understand a GARBER SID TAYLOR BLOOD was bred into one family of the CHETS It did increase their size and didn't hurt their fighting ability but it put a shot of cold blood in them and this one family of Chets is not too game.

Prior to the Sid Taylor blood. Its possible they bred a Jarrett. R. H. over the first pullets or hens they raised. It seems to me they did and that would make the four different families going into the strain. The original Spanish Oriental blood hen, The mortgage Lifter stag, The Red quill cock and a R.H. cock.

The Sid Taylor family was discarded because of the cold blood, but some of it got out and there are some families of Chets carrying this blood that are not too game. This may not be too accurate but perhaps as close as anyone can get. I don't think it too far off. The Chets were all on the small side perhaps their worst fault. They were rather smart ground fighters who could really fan and cut when the time came CUTTING was their biggest asset. While on the subject of Chets you may remember when Don Carse of
    California tied for 1st in the 8 cock derby held at Tulevile, Miss, He used a straight show of Hatch-Chets from Wm Hentges of Santa Ana, Calif. After the derby he presented "Sweater McGinnis his choice of the Hatch Chets that were fought, about a years later Sweater McGinnis came out with the Pea comb Hatch.

CONTINUED...

Post Thanks / Like

But with little selection, it's impossible to select a trio of Chets from a trio of pea comb Hatch. They look so much alike and there isn't a California cocker alive who knew the Chets fowls but that wouldn't bet his last dime the present day PEA COMB HATCH ARE LOADED WITH CHET BLOOD. Each had what the other needed, The Hatch had the power and bottom, the Chets the shuffle and cut. The last of the good Chets I saw fought were in the hands of Dave Meredith of Southern California, I think Dave tied up for 1st place three years in a row at Copper state in the Prelims. This was several years back and Dave must have been in his 70's then and still handling. If Dave is still alive, he could add much to what I have written and might still have some of the good Chets left. They are great little cocks to cross on anything that might be a little short in the cutting dept. I don't know just how your attorney friend could get in contact with Dave if he is still alive.

Perhaps an add in one of the journals might bring forth an answer. Will draw this to a close for now. Fraternally yours...

CONTINUED...

Post Thanks / Like

The gentleman that wrote the above letter has now passed on. However, his requests that I am not to use his name either in print, or out. So I will honor that request. I will say, that he was one of the most learned, one of the most respected and one of the top cocker's of California. The information he gave in this letter is from men that were very well acquainted with the Chet fowl, and to make a long story short, I'll say I believe every word he had to say in his entire letter. Now a little bit about the breeds, cocks and hens that made up the Chet family. First of all, how they got the name Chets, as in his letter. Chet Robinson was a policeman, I have been told, but I am not sure about that either, But the people just took the first of his given name and the family was called "CHET" I am well aware of the Roundhead blood that was used. I know A.J. Jarrett and have seen him fight cocks in West TX many times. It is my opinion that the Chets had more Roundhead blood in them, than any other blood, as all I ever saw of the Chets, all were roundhead. But keep in mind, there were some straight comb blood in them also. I have said before, I'll say it again, the Red quill cock came from me. No, I can't prove it, but thatís what I believe. I did not breed the cock, jess Cavins bred the cock. Mr. Cavins lived in the country about thirty five miles from Wichita FallsTX. He was a close friend of Buck Vestal, and Buck Vestal was a close friend of W. C Sherrod, of Wichita Falls. Mr. Sherrod had Red Quills handed down to him from his father. His father was a U. S. Senator, from the state of Tenn.

CONTINUED...

Post Thanks / Like

I believe he in turn was a close friend of the Eslins, consequently had access to the Eslin fowls. I know for a fact that the Senior Sherrod ended up with whatever he wanted. Mr. Sherrod got the Eslin Gaffs also. All this stuff was turned over to his son in TX. W. C. Sherrod . W. C. Sherrod willed all his gaffs which included two pairs of the Eslin gaffs to J. B Kennard. J. B in turn gave them to me, which I still have, and always will have. As I said, Jess Cavins gave me this particular Red Quill stag, I received both stags at the same time. One was a shade older that the other, The older stag had a bump under his right eye, and about the size of pinto bean. He had at at one time a disease known here in Texas as ROUP. Canker had formed underneath the right eye, then had dried up, leaving this hard bump. It didn't bother him in any way. The other stag that Mr. Cavins gave me, was also blemished, as he had a black eye on one side, and black eye with a red ring in the other eye. I never did fight the latter stag, but Floyd Freemond may have fought him, as I gave him to Floyd at later date. Now this first stag, the one that had a bump under his eyes, I fought at least eight times, Four times as a stag, and four or five times as a cock. J. B Kennard and I fought cocks in our back yard, and thatís where these fights took place. Also there was another party that J. B. and I also fought against whose name was Bill Goodin. As I remember, it, I beat Bill twice with this Quill stag. When he matured into a cock, I met Herman McGinnis three times with him all the different times, winning all three times in the first pitting. These fights were at the Old Curlee Ranch house pit in WichitaCounty. I fought this cock one more time but can't recall who it was against. This actually made him 9 times a winner and I doubt that any of these fights went more than a pitting or two never three pittings. So you can see he was a super ace.

CONTINUED...

Post Thanks / Like

OK - Time marches on. Sometime in the latter part of 1925. J. B moved to Los Angeles, California. when he was ready to leave, I gave him three cocks. one was a little cock I called "Lightning" that I had bought out of a poultry house in Wichita for a quarter. I beat JB many times with this one. I also gave JB a little blue cock, that I had also bought form the poultry house in Wichita , and also a quarter was paid for him. The third cock I gave him was the RED QUILL I have told you about. Joe Sneed also gave JB a cock, a many times winner that was half Allen Roundhead, directly from Will Allen, one quarter Campbell Blue Boone, and one quarter Bushwhacker. These chickens had won many for Joe Sneed.

Along about this time, I got a job with the Telephone Co. in
    Wichita Falls, and left the Vernon area. I didn't hear of or from JB for many years. Finally, in 1945 I had rather a large add in Grit and Steel. JB saw this add. He had gotten himself married and had a boy that was about five years old and owned a drilling company. His home was now at KMA, not too far from his old stomping grounds at Wichita Falls. Well, I got a letter from JB wanting to know if I was the same Thomas Spurrier that he used to know back in 1924-25 and 26, I answered his letter and told him I was. It was no time at all, about three or four days later a Plymouth Couple drove up in my driveway, when the driver got out, I recognized JB immediately, His wife Elsie was with him, also a son Britt. From the looks of Elsie, I could see that JB's family was going to enlarge and pretty soon, too I was right.

CONTINUED...

Post Thanks / Like

The next was their second child, a girl, Caroline. Alright , the first time that JB and I sat down to hash out old times, keep in mind it had been 20 years since we had seen each other. When I got around to it, I asked JB what happened to Old Lightning also the little poultry house Blue. He didn't hesitate one moment. He told me and I know he was telling the truth. I don't recall what he told me. But when I asked him about that Ace Red Quill cock, it' s the color of another horse. He used Mr. Sherrod's old trick of getting to another subject, and just as far away from that Red Quill cock as he could get me. That went on and on, from 1945 to 1970 and past. Every damn time I'd ask JB about that Red Quill cock, he'd always get me off on something else, and he never did tell me what he done to that Red Quill cock.

CONTINUED...

Post Thanks / Like

OK Lets look at some facts. when JB got out to Los "Angeles, he went to work for a combine out there. I know of two men in this combine, Ashton and Easton, and the name they fought under. These people had plenty of money and I figure that JB fought that Quill cock, was seen by Chet Robinson and was purchased from JB. I also figure that JB didn't want me to know that he sold a gift cock to him from me. That Quill cock was such a helluva fighting machine, and the chets were also very very good. I figured thatís the cock that we used to furnish the Red Quill blood, as I have never heard of anybody in California that had real "Honest to God" Eslin Red Quills, and you might say right out their hands and furthermore, so far as I know the Eslins didn't sell cocks.

Now just a few more lines about this Red Quill cock to shed more light on the subject. A fellow here in Texas that still very much alive know about this particular family of Red Quills that Jess Cavins had just happened to be Jes Cavins grandson. He know from whom Mr. Cavins got the family and he also know that they were the real McCoy's. He has told me so, From what has been told to me, and I'm telling to you the Chets when finally made into a family, well they only had one quarter of that Red Quill blood in them, but that would be enough to put that terrible shuffle and that deadly cutting in the rest of the family, And , Mister, I wanna tell ye them Chets was just like the writer of the letter said They had the Shuffle and Cut. Regardless as to what they were, theirs was great family. There may be a few Chets still around like they were in the late 20's and early 30's But saying it and proving it is two horses of different colors.

END.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been reading this stuff it is saying just what I said the chets are different at different times as they put other stuff in them over the years and I said there was spaish blood in the ones we have and as for winning recent .lets go back Roger and I WON a 5 cock g at Bayou club with half in 2007 and we won 2 4 cock in sk one with with some pure ones the last ones dad used were at Texoma in 1997 and went 5 strait in g with a 75 year old man conditioning them we mainly cross them and use 1/4 to 3/8 as they are getting so small not saying they are the best but will say dad had them for many years and still can do prety good and he won many times when he was young look up back in the early 90s at Mid America 10 cock chet crosses copper state and check with people that went to the big dance in USA not bragging just proud of our Dad and chets. hope not to make anyone mad .dont want anyones chets they maybe better then ours just talking about ours and a little bit what they done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redmondjoe
    I have been reading this stuff it is saying just what I said the chets are different at different times as they put other stuff in them over the years and I said there was spaish blood in the ones we have and as for winning recent .lets go back Roger and I WON a 5 cock g at Bayou club with half in 2007 and we won 2 4 cock in sk one with with some pure ones the last ones dad used were at Texoma in 1997 and went 5 strait in g with a 75 year old man conditioning them we mainly cross them and use 1/4 to 3/8 as they are getting so small not saying they are the best but will say dad had them for many years and still can do prety good and he won many times when he was young look up back in the early 90s at Mid America 10 cock chet crosses copper state and check with people that went to the big dance in USA not bragging just proud of our Dad and chets. hope not to make anyone mad .dont want anyones chets they maybe better then ours just talking about ours and a little bit what they done.
    Sounds like you have a right to be proud of your Chet family and what ya'll have accomplished with them. I would like to add that J.B. Kennard went on to be a millionaire. He started a livestock tag company in Temple Texas. He had a very nice gamefowl setup next to his factory. He had rows of fly pens 20ft x 10ft x10ft. He fought under the "Bear Trap" entry.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike and it seems you are willing to listen and check things out and that you are a real rooster man glad to be in the same group of people as you are you the frost grey man I have heard of from OK. if so like to talk to you sometime pm me please.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jgmadridRMZ
    Hi ...

if the writer said that was very difficult get pure chets.. years back.... I wondering how Mr. RR got his Chets.... any buddy here know..?
    JG
    RR, has had his chets for almost 40yrs. He got them from a man named Frank Paulene when he use to live in California. Frank Paulene, got them from a man that got all of chets fowl when he died, in the 1970's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redmondjoe
    Hi..

cant you share some picture the how look your chets today.....?

apparently one of the best qualities of chet is its power cutter. I think it is very evident redquill blood in them, which I would assume that would also be very fast roosters ....

Some people say that they are not very reliable as regards endurance and game...
    sure you know more about this...

come on CHET LOVERS... where are you....?

cheers
    JG

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to if you guys would tell on a pm how to put pictures on here asked if someone would help me before in this same thread as I am not very computor savy got some nice females and males and would love to show them to the world if some one would just help me thanks in advance wayne.