Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Derby Matching Software

wmtan

Derby Organizer Software

Hello to all cockfight afficionados:

I've been working on a software that will manage information related to operating/conducting derbies. At last, after several months of hard work, I've finally come up with a Demo Version of the software.

The software is a Microsoft Access 2002 database application. This Demo Version has the following functionalities:

-Store relevant information on all derby entries
    -Do match pairings of entries based on certain specifications
    -Schedule matches randomly to specific dates
    -Tabulate results of matches
    -Report printing
    -Data export (not yet fully implemented in the Demo Version)

Because of size limitations, I will be attaching in succeeding 6 posts the "screen snaphots" of the application so those interested will have a feel of how the program works.

For those interested to try/test the software, PM/email me. But make sure that you have MS Access 2002 installed on your PC. The Demo Version is only one database file and does not include MS Access database engine. (The Release Version will include a runtime MS Access, installation package and help files). Also, make sure that your email will accept a 1.5 MB zipped file attachment.

Comments, suggestions, bug reports are most welcome.

wmtan, mcp
    Attached Files Attached Files

wmtan

Derby Organizer - Main Menu

Attached is the Main Menu screen.

wmtan

Derby Organizer - Derby Entry Information

Here is the derby entry information screen. From this screen, you can do a search of records or view a list view of records.

In the Banded Fowls section, you can enter as many fowls as you want per entry (to include reserves/alternates). But for the matching program to work, only the exact number of fowls required for the derby must be designated/checked as Principals.

Because of file limitations, the attachment is a zipped file.

wmtan

Derby Organizer - Match Pairing Setup

This is the screen where you enter matching specifications and run the match pairing program.

The Number of entries and Cocks per Entry must be the same number that you entered in the Derby Entry Information screen. If the numbers do not tally, the program will display an error message.

wmtan

Derby Organizer - Matching Results

You can view the results of the match pairings here.

Because of certain specifications, some entries may not be matched. You enter the Joker information to pair with these unmatched entries in this screen. Then, consolidate the two tables into one.

wmtan

Derby Organizer - Match Scheduling

You can schedule the number of matches for specific dates. Make sure that the number of matches tally with the total matches in the consolidated table.

The scheduling is done at random.

wmtan

Derby Organizer - Scoreboard

This is where you tabulate results - corner (green/meron/inilog or red/wala/biya); win/loss/draw; fight time in min/sec.

Print a report to get a quick view of the scores.

That's all there is to it, folks!!!!

mrclay
    sir, can u pls send me copy. im a student and planning to do the same system as my thesis. thanks a lot!

Post Thanks / Like
    It'll be good if you can include the entry number, the name of owner and the bloodlines used.

Many thanks.

wmtan

Re:Derby Organizer

Lucky Streak,

Entry number, owner, and bloodline (under banded fowl description) are already included in the software.

wmtan

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...great!

Pre,Willy how i wish to have it coz I'm managing a cockpit.You're so great.I just hope your brod Wawa better gaffer already.
    More power to you

wmtan

Re: Boots

Boots,

My brod is getting better. He scored 2W-1L in a derby last week. Not bad for a first timer.

Willie

jemm_son
    PM me i will give you our web site wherein you can upload your software. So that poeple could easily download it. They dont have to message you to request you to send to them your product. We also have sample cockfighting software free to download there. We are currently working on that derby software.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Done

Brod Wil,WELL DONE got no words to say hence all info already filled including fight duration which plays a vital role to fastest kill winner.Thanks a lot i will introduce in my cockpit soon but I have save for a laptop PC so I can bring with me in cockpit and also a bigger monitor screen for good viewing.

Thanks you're one in a million and a friend which I can treasured

wmtan

Re: Boots

Boots,

Use display settings 1028 X 764 for your monitor for best results.

Willie

rcbalikatan

Re: Derby Organizer Software

Quote Originally Posted by jemm_son
    PM me i will give you our web site wherein you can upload your software. So that poeple could easily download it. They dont have to message you to request you to send to them your product. We also have sample cockfighting software free to download there. We are currently working on that derby software.
    Pls also pm the website too. that's nice. thanks sir.

Post Thanks / Like

sir pm or email(burds_b888@yahoo.co.uk) me pls....im also interesrted thanks..

Post Thanks / Like

Sir, pls PM me the address of the website. Thanks a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Derby Organizer Software

wmtan,

Would it be possible to PM me the website? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ROD610
    wmtan,

Would it be possible to PM me the website? thanks
    rbarro uploaded a derbyorganizer.zip file at zambalescockers@yahoogroups.com
    but you need the two office programs database access and spreadsheet xcel to read it.
    Wondering if this could be converted to a pdf.

Post Thanks / Like

Derby Matching Software

I had downloaded 4-5 years ago a derby matching software but when I moved continent and changed operating systems , it's a goner. Sent a copy back to the Philippines to get it fixed, I was told its got a virus(which explains why my computer was very slow and forced me to buy a new one). So I don't want to open it again with the new computer.

Whoever have a heart of gold on here that is willing to share their derby matching software is greatly appreciated. It will be tried with a group of fine gentlemen soon and see how it goes but I'm sure it will be of good use.

PS I tried getting hold of TABUKSUBA(moderator) 'coz I got it from him the last time, but I haven't heard from him for quite a while so I came out here.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Derby Matching Software

Quote Originally Posted by VMT^Carmen
    I had downloaded 4-5 years ago a derby matching software but when I moved continent and changed operating systems , it's a goner. Sent a copy back to the Philippines to get it fixed, I was told its got a virus(which explains why my computer was very slow and forced me to buy a new one). So I don't want to open it again with the new computer.

Whoever have a heart of gold on here that is willing to share their derby matching software is greatly appreciated. It will be tried with a group of fine gentlemen soon and see how it goes but I'm sure it will be of good use.

PS I tried getting hold of TABUKSUBA(moderator) 'coz I got it from him the last time, but I haven't heard from him for quite a while so I came out here.

Thanks

Hope somebody will share. I think Tabuksuba is now in heaven.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MARVZ
    Hope somebody will share. I think Tabuksuba is now in heaven.
    God bless him . I did not know. He usually replies quite promptly, little did I know. I am really sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Let us build one. Provide me with specifications, it means, you have to tell me how do you want the proposed program to work. What are the desired functions and what data attributes you want save or persist.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pryabao
    Let us build one. Provide me with specifications, it means, you have to tell me how do you want the proposed program to work. What are the desired functions and what data attributes you want save or persist.
    I copied this from TS.

The parameters set by the software are:

• User Classified Bet Brackets
      -
    • User Defined Weight Allowances
      -
    • No Double Fight toggle
      -
    • Set up of No fight requests
      -
    • Fight sequence requests are allowed
    The program has a built in Score Card and if possible printable list of the fights(so we can shout who's suppose next).

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

MS Access is better than Excel. I am not sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Derby Matching Software

Yes padi that's the one I got, somehow the file got corrupted. I downloaded it back then when I was still running Windows XP. But when I tried opening it on Vista several weeks ago I have problem with data entry and then after several tries my Security System pop up and advised to send it to quarintine. I never dared opening it again. I was told it must have been damaged by a virus from my old computer along with the other files.

It's from Willy Tan, I think.
    Last edited by VMT^Carmen; March 10th, 2010 at 09:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VMT^Carmen
    MS Access is better than Excel. I am not sure.
    MS Access is more for database management, i.e. entries and their weights so it is better designed for this IMO. You can link it to an Excel spreadsheet if that is where the data is kept.

But you can still get the same functionality with Excel such as randomization, conditions, etc by creating a macro. Although I havenít done one specifically for matching purposes, I, personally, am much more familiar with Excel and so I prefer it since I can go in and make modifications when needed.

So my short answer is either system can work for you. You skin the cat either way. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Saint
    MS Access is more for database management, i.e. entries and their weights so it is better designed for this IMO. You can link it to an Excel spreadsheet if that is where the data is kept.

But you can still get the same functionality with Excel such as randomization, conditions, etc by creating a macro. Although I havent done one specifically for matching purposes, I, personally, am much more familiar with Excel and so I prefer it since I can go in and make modifications when needed.

So my short answer is either system can work for you. You skin the cat either way. Hope this helps.
    Right. OK.
    Im just gonna bump this up. We seem to be attracting a brilliant crowd.
    Last edited by VMT^Carmen; March 10th, 2010 at 09:53 PM.