Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Doc Robinson Hatch

Post Thanks / Like

doc robinson hatch

how did this bloodline came into being i know that doc robinson used to walk roosters for walter kelso....anybody knows the history of this bloodline pls share...
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: doc robinson hatch

and anybody can describe their physical and fighting characteristics?

Post Thanks / Like

doc robinson is belong to hatch family.....these are full feather chicken,, thats why they look so awsome specially the cock....they are early maturing....most of them are green legged caused of the resemblance of different hatches family.....some are yellow legged with the infusion of yellow leg mc lean blood on it.....thats why in one circuit..doc robinson beat ted mc lean using ted blood line.....infusing yellow leg mc lean to his green leg doc robinson..wise ahhhhh...."just get the info in one sabong magazine"...
    green leg doc robinson are heatheaded chicken... they fight so closed, thats why most of them win also damage...but they throw lots of feet...
    you can cross this chicken with the cool headed one's.....but what i like them most is you can fight them pure......and can win.....happy kasabong....
    Last edited by loisbugoy; July 19th, 2007 at 06:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Docs are hotheaded low breaking roosters...
    they are infighters and very manfighters as well...
    with no hesitationl, they will mix it up and annihilate the opponent... giving hard long shuffles... very capable of winning from behind...
    very very game and will always give there last breath...
    even if you lose you will really appreciate this kind of breed...

Post Thanks / Like

Our doc hatch were not manfighters at first but after a couple of years they have gotten to be man fighters, but yes they are hot headed and they will rush thier opponents and go pound for pound with them. But these hatches will give you everything they've got till the bitter end. They are powerful and their gameness is not even a question to be asked. What we like about them is that even though they get hit they get more angy and they just get on their opponent as if there is no tomorrow. We have some that are dark hackled and some that are lemon hackled. We are now breeding some of these doc hatch to pumpkins, hope they turn out to be great.
    Last edited by 808cocks; July 19th, 2007 at 11:37 PM.

expressdelivery

i miss my doc hatch

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys for the info....a friend of mine gifted me a doc robinson hatch.....
    i sparred him and i was very impressed...so im thinking on what to mate him with.. i guess
    it will compliment with my roundheads......

expressdelivery

any hen coming from
    fast cutting , high breaking family
    like roundhead,kelso or sweater
    would match good
    to a good doc hatch broodcock

Quote Originally Posted by antong
    thanks guys for the info....a friend of mine gifted me a doc robinson hatch.....
    i sparred him and i was very impressed...so im thinking on what to mate him with.. i guess
    it will compliment with my roundheads......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expressdelivery
    any hen coming from
    fast cutting , high breaking family
    like roundhead,kelso or sweater
    would match good
    to a good doc hatch broodcock

yah thats what im thinking, roundhead hens over the doc robinson hatch broodcock.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a Doc Robinson Hatch broodhen from a friend, when we crossed her to our Maclean Hatch(Hi action line) majority lost because of their fighting style..low breakers and very hotheaded..but we cross her by our Lacy Roundhead we had very good results..majority won..a friend bought one of them, won three times in him..all of them are 4 cock derby..the third time he won against Liza Galore's Karachi Hatch(a Congress man in our district bought from Eddie) but he died in that fight..on of his son's won also in Puerto Princesa against Gov. Joel Reyes imported cock, Gov. Reyes even congratulated my friend who bought that cock after the fight..that cock also died few days after..you know what, our original Doc robinson Broodhen is still alive, she is now 10 yrs old..my father did not culled her because treated her like a member of the family..instead my father lend her to his friend..how i wish i could acquire that kind of material again.

Post Thanks / Like

JJ's hatches are Doc Robinson's. Very very deep game, excellent cross to roundheads to improve gameness.

BOMBARDEIR

SIR,IS THIS COCK A MEDIUM STATION?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by antong
    how did this bloodline came into being i know that doc robinson used to walk roosters for walter kelso....anybody knows the history of this bloodline pls share...
    thanks

How's this for some insight on DR. E.E. Robinson, he considered he's best the Gl legged Hatch refered to as the 204's he beat Johnnie Jumper with a cock banded #204 this cock was bred to Steward hens, these come dark red & about 25% come glassy eyed & are about impossible to beat.

The yl- legged hatch, this yard was refered to as the double right they are Steward/Ray Hoskins yl leg hatch with these DR. Robinson won 19 straight at Sunset they come with white under their hackles . The fowl Eugene Brown called Yl leg Steward were the ones he got from the DR. in '82, Brown gave hens of this yard to Bob Mizer who worked for him Mizer moved & Phillip Holloway inherited them later Phillip got dbl right cocks from Peck Brown, Eugene's nephew.

Another yard most are unaware is from Pitman Pugh who worked for the DR. part time in the 70's the DR. gave him a battered stag & a surplus of hens the offspring were phenomenal YL hatch, they come with white sickle feather & the hens are red neck & spurred. Now you know something about the DR, Eugene Brown, Doc. Crabtree & a few other indivisuals.
    Last edited by INCUBUS06; July 23rd, 2007 at 09:01 AM.

rickeyh

I like my Doc Robinson Hatch blood they are good birds they have done good for me i have had them for about 6 years now

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting thread. Though not a Doc Robinson, Our Johnnie Jumper McClean/Lieper Hatch is in our avitar.

Baja

Post Thanks / Like

i miss my doc hatch
    Look like Mclean/ Blueface

PURE DOC ROBINSON FROM ALABAMA (EARL SMITH)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by INCUBUS06
    How's this for some insight on DR. E.E. Robinson, he considered he's best the Gl legged Hatch refered to as the 204's he beat Johnnie Jumper with a cock banded #204 this cock was bred to Steward hens, these come dark red & about 25% come glassy eyed & are about impossible to beat.

The yl- legged hatch, this yard was refered to as the double right they are Steward/Ray Hoskins yl leg hatch with these DR. Robinson won 19 straight at Sunset they come with white under their hackles . The fowl Eugene Brown called Yl leg Steward were the ones he got from the DR. in '82, Brown gave hens of this yard to Bob Mizer who worked for him Mizer moved & Phillip Holloway inherited them later Phillip got dbl right cocks from Peck Brown, Eugene's nephew.

Another yard most are unaware is from Pitman Pugh who worked for the DR. part time in the 70's the DR. gave him a battered stag & a surplus of hens the offspring were phenomenal YL hatch, they come with white sickle feather & the hens are red neck & spurred. Now you know something about the DR, Eugene Brown, Doc. Crabtree & a few other indivisuals.

nice info.....thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by boglis; July 23rd, 2007 at 10:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Incubus06--Dont know how you know what we have done with out fowl,but that was not
    the fowl that Bob Mizer took to Conn. with him.
    Gene

Post Thanks / Like

Gene Brown Incubus06--Dont know how you know what we have done with out fowl,but that was not
    Gene

Hi Sir,
    Please, can you tell us the blood composition of Doc Robinson Hatch?
    Your answer is much appreciated...

Arnel

Post Thanks / Like

Friends,
    A very knowledgable cocker, who got fowl directly from Doc, told me this story. He was fighting at Sunset back in the late sixties or seventies with his good friend Joe Goode of Texas. Doc was a well liked entry there, but couldn't win. This cocker said he saw Joe hand deliver a trio of Left Nose Hatch to him. Thereafter Doc was on top and known for his Hatch.

Post Thanks / Like

my pure doc robinson 6 yr old hen passed away last month..
    http://jblfarm.multiply.com/photos/photo/12/1
    http://jblfarm.multiply.com/photos/photo/12/7

gulfhaven

incubos06 - mike everett -Your infomation on the Doc Robinson hatch fowl is not even close to being correct. The stories people make up about these hatch chickens usually are used to sell their own chickens. None of the cocks fought in June 1978 when we won 19 lost 1 were the same as the chickens Eugene Brown developed. In fact we only used 12 of Doc's cocks, and 7 of mine and Cary Travis's, I trained and pitted cocks for Doc for 25 years 1965- 1990 and was closely associated with until his death. Johnny Jumper has told numerous people that if anyone knew the real story on how the hatch chickens of Doc's were bred it would be Gene Batia. Pittman Pugh never worked for Doc , Joe Goode never gave Doc a trio, Eugene Brown developed his Stewart line from Doc Robinson bloodlines and they were yellow legged,the only people who know what they were would be Gene Brown & Gene Batia. Doc's Stewart chickens were green legged. One day i will write their history,but that may hurt some people feelings and sales.

Gene Batia

expressdelivery

welcome to the site sir gene batia
    nice to hear and read your post here sir.
    you got awesome hatch-sweater last wsd january 2007 .
    superb cutting and they were very powerful

Quote Originally Posted by gulfhaven
    incubos06 - mike everett -Your infomation on the Doc Robinson hatch fowl is not even close to being correct. The stories people make up about these hatch chickens usually are used to sell their own chickens. None of the cocks fought in June 1978 when we won 19 lost 1 were the same as the chickens Eugene Brown developed. In fact we only used 12 of Doc's cocks, and 7 of mine and Cary Travis's, I trained and pitted cocks for Doc for 25 years 1965- 1990 and was closely associated with until his death. Johnny Jumper has told numerous people that if anyone knew the real story on how the hatch chickens of Doc's were bred it would be Gene Batia. Pittman Pugh never worked for Doc , Joe Goode never gave Doc a trio, Eugene Brown developed his Stewart line from Doc Robinson bloodlines and they were yellow legged,the only people who know what they were would be Gene Brown & Gene Batia. Doc's Stewart chickens were green legged. One day i will write their history,but that may hurt some people feelings and sales.

Gene Batia

expressdelivery

sir
    can you please tell us about pine burr entry

i received this oakgrove ylh brooddhen as a gift
    from a close friend of eugene brown family
    lady amigozz of california

Gene Batia
    Last edited by expressdelivery; July 25th, 2007 at 04:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

wow theres good a info there with gene B. but he is gona write it someday....

mr. gene brown can i have your contact info like your phone no. and could you tell me
    what is the best time to call you...

thank you all you guys you shared your thoughts.....

expressdelivery

sir gene brown
    i received this oakgrove ylh hen as a gift from your close friend lady amigozz (mr. and mrs . helton) of california.they told me their oakgrove ylh breeding materials came from you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Brown
    Incubus06--Dont know how you know what we have done with out fowl,but that was not
    Gene

Post Thanks / Like

Gene,
    I bow to your personal account of the Docs, But I don't believe the story I presented was made up to sale fowl. I was just relating what three breeders at Sunset told me. Maybe it was before your time. I can not prove it any case for it was hear say. The gentleman made his family with the Goode Hatch and Doc's he called them Kentucky Hatch, maybe you know whom I'm talking about.
    Your friend in the Sport
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

mike i sent you a private msg....

Tinongan/Trapiche/Cocojam Capital of Rizal
    Post Thanks / Like

Gene Batia
    The person with authority has spoken.

Mr. Batia, my friend Triple F has told me that Dr. Brown (father of Gene Brown) was your mom's OB when you were born. You four guys are really close.

Hope to hear the real story on this at the soonest.

Last edited by lets8; July 25th, 2007 at 05:39 PM.