Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Copper Sulfate

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Copper Sulfate

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dunne View Post
    Yes IT WORKS
    Also called bluestone by some people, it kills protozons in thw water preventing canker and other water caused problems.

Cheers
    Really! I didnt know Bluestone and Copper Sulfate were the same thing. They sell Bluestone at most all of the Herberia's around here, and it is much cheaper than the prepared Copper Sulfate.

Post Thanks / Like

theres different types of copper sulfate. what type is to be used?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to know what to use too. Do you have to use acidified copper sulfate, or is regular copper sulfate ok. So far, the only thing I can find here in Oriental Mindoro is Ornistat (by Excellence) which has some copper in it...but I'd rather find pure copper sulfate to just add every month or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

thanks friend for sharing that link and helping with the question

Post Thanks / Like

i have used copper sulfate, or blue stone for over 20 years, i put the content in a gal of water for stock soulation, i run 1/4 tesp, to a gal 365 days a year, in other words it stays on my fowl,better feed comsumtion. its good if their are a certain grain or pellet that tey won"t eat, this works.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    i have used copper sulfate, or blue stone for over 20 years, i put the content in a gal of water for stock soulation, i run 1/4 tesp, to a gal 365 days a year, in other words it stays on my fowl,better feed comsumtion. its good if their are a certain grain or pellet that tey won"t eat, this works.
    Thanks for the tip sir . Seems like we do have some picky ones around here

Post Thanks / Like

bump this up! aside from canker is this stuff good for anything else?

Post Thanks / Like

i use it atleast twice a week. seems to keep birds cleaned out good also. i have taken bleach on rubbed on cancer in mouth also and worked for me...

Post Thanks / Like

So is this good? would this do te job??? (the product frome the link)

http://www.jefferspet.com/acidified-.../LIV/cp/AB-A1/

Another thing is i feed super spur in a 10% mix with complete feed every day, and this has copper on it also i use red cell and rooster booster some times and as you all probably know this product's have cooper, so why isn't it working, is it a different type?? because i have the greens or mud fever i've tried the BMD, Sulfatec, dewormers, and even sulfas, and some other things i don't remember (some were cure, some not, some that were cured went to do it again), and many things so i'm about to try the copper sulfate, but i saw that a lot of things i use have copper on them, so is the sulfate different??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trueedge View Post
    Here you go Luis this can help

Posted by Warpart on a different board

A few tips for penning stags in small pens as most will have to, including me. I've got 75 stags coming on fast and only 21 large pens. As most have mentioned, move them as often as possible to fresh grass if you have it. If you have no grass, feed them a tablespoon of alfalfa pellets a day with your regular yard feed, but still move them weekly at least to prevent boredom.
    A lot argue with me about this...mostly because they haven't tried it, but the people who have swear by it...run copper sulfate in their water daily the ENTIRE time the stags are in the domes. You'll burn them up you say? Baloney! Most run their copper sulfate WAY too strong for the birds to drink it and do have problems with their birds, mostly because it's caustic and the birds are too smart to drink it if ran too strong. The CORRECT dosage is 1/8th teaspoon per gallon of water..not a tablespoon per 5 gallon bucket! At that strenght you can run it 24/7/365. I get emails from people every year that want to know how to keep their stags from "mudding" in small pens and copper sulfate is the ONLY answer I've ever found to that, but it will NOT stop it after it has started. After they are filling their water with dirt and eating it continually, the only "cure" I've found is to get them out of the domes onto ropes or much bigger pens.
    The "mudding" problem cause can't even be agreed upon by the poultry experts at Texas A&M. Some claim they lack minerals...I tried the suggested supplements...didn't work. Some claim lack of vitamins...tried pounding them with supplements...didn't work. Some say boredom..moved them every day...didn't work. Some say bacterial gut infection..tried all the recommended antibiotics...spent a bloody fortune..still didn't work. The ONLY thing that worked is starting them on copper sulfate water the first day they are penned and giving it every day until you get them out.
    If you ran into "mudding" problems last year, try it...you'll be amazed at the results and pleased with the condition your stags come out of those pens in! YFIS
    Mudding, Im not familiar with this term. What exactly is it? Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

the link bamaokie gave is the right stuff. It must be acidified or you have to add vinegar too. Sid said it right about the solution and dosage. Fowl drinking out of algefilled cups will drop little pencil shaped droppings eventually.This is bad. Copper sulfate in the water a couple days will fluff the droppings up. A fowl's crop, gizzard, and intestines can harbor this algae and they will never have peak health until this condition is cleared up. One of the main reasons their heads don't redden up and get the little "strawberries" all over it. Basic things= eleminating about 80% of meds. How you gonna condition birds when they are full of so called little secrets?

cockfighter_199

Quote Originally Posted by RHman1026 View Post
    the link bamaokie gave is the right stuff. It must be acidified or you have to add vinegar too. Sid said it right about the solution and dosage. Fowl drinking out of algefilled cups will drop little pencil shaped droppings eventually.This is bad. Copper sulfate in the water a couple days will fluff the droppings up. A fowl's crop, gizzard, and intestines can harbor this algae and they will never have peak health until this condition is cleared up. One of the main reasons their heads don't redden up and get the little "strawberries" all over it. Basic things= eleminating about 80% of meds. How you gonna condition birds when they are full of so called little secrets?
    I like what you said I have heard good things about copper sulfate I have been told that all you need to do is run it in their water 5 days straight every 1-2 months. 1/4 teaspoon for a half gallon or a 1/2 a teaspoon per gallon.