Thread: cumberland show fowl

Post Thanks / Like

cumberland show fowl

anybody ever order from this farm before just looking for any feedback thinking of ordering some fowl from them

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cumberland show fowl

We Ordered Around 40 Chicks From Them Last Febuary. We Got Mcleans, Sweaters, Yellow Leg Hatches, White Hackles And Brown Reds. We Ended Up Raising Them To Experiment To See How They Would Come Out. We Kept Them Till They Turned A Year Old. The Brown Reds Came Out To Have Nice Big Bodies But Were Super Short, Im Talking About 2 Inch Shanks Lol. The White Hackles Were Also Short. We Ended Up Getting Rid Of The Brown Reds And The White Hackles. We Still Got 2 Sweaters, 3 Yellow Leg Hatches And 3 Mcleans. They Are The Only Ones Kinda Worth Seeing How They'll Turn Out. In My Opinion It Wasnt Worth It But We Just Wanted To See What Would Come Out.

Post Thanks / Like

How are the stags at one year old age now.and how many roosters out of the forty.im also thinkig of ordering some chicks mcleans and brown reds but what you said now bout the brown reds dont no.they say that they are all pure breeds.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone SAYS they are all pure breeds, but who to know the ral answer but the breeder himself. If he says that they are " pure" they better come out like peas in a pod. I would not buy anything from a peddler, I have never dealt with them, but from what this guy experienced, I would spend my hard earned money somewhere else. IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw
    We Ordered Around 40 Chicks From Them Last Febuary. We Got Mcleans, Sweaters, Yellow Leg Hatches, White Hackles And Brown Reds. We Ended Up Raising Them To Experiment To See How They Would Come Out. We Kept Them Till They Turned A Year Old. The Brown Reds Came Out To Have Nice Big Bodies But Were Super Short, Im Talking About 2 Inch Shanks Lol. The White Hackles Were Also Short. We Ended Up Getting Rid Of The Brown Reds And The White Hackles. We Still Got 2 Sweaters, 3 Yellow Leg Hatches And 3 Mcleans. They Are The Only Ones Kinda Worth Seeing How They'll Turn Out. In My Opinion It Wasnt Worth It But We Just Wanted To See What Would Come Out.
    mates I have desame problem, back in 07 i bought a young trio from Cumberland it's a roudhead,my only complaint is they are very short,however they're winning for me I crossed his Roundhead to my mclean and so far no lose yet...but if your looking for high station would not recommend cumberland...

Post Thanks / Like

Like I Wrote Earlier The Mclean Hatches, Yellow Leg Hatches And The Sweaters Are Medium Station But Worth Keeping Around The Yard For Now. As Far As I Remember When They Sent Us The Chicks There Was Only About 6-8 Hens Out Of The 40. I Can Take Some Pics Next Time I Go To The Farm.

Post Thanks / Like

shoots i would really appreciate it

Post Thanks / Like

one of the guy here in las vegas got a claret from them. this chicken look like something you will see in yard full of cooking chicken breed..

Post Thanks / Like

yup free ranged with fresh water and feed at all times. We just ordered to see what would come. We werent expecting to get aces LOL

Post Thanks / Like

try search I posted a pic of some of the stags a while back

Post Thanks / Like

up up up... waiting for some more inputs

Post Thanks / Like

outlaw how good are the yellow legged hatch and the sweaters.

Post Thanks / Like

hey outlaw what should i search under..i tried without any success by the name what is your name i live in Hauula

Post Thanks / Like

HERES A PIC OF ONE OF THE MCLEANS @ 5 OR 6 MONTHS OLD
    http://i39.tinypic.com/296p37c.jpg
    ONE OF THE WHITE HACKLES @ THE SAME AGE AS ABOVE
    Last edited by outlaw; April 29th, 2010 at 05:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

outlaw do you any pictures of the y.l. hatch and sweaters. or tell how are they . the mc lean looks good.

Post Thanks / Like

save your money that's all i can say.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Highlimit
    save your money that's all i can say.
    TRUE LIKE I POSTED EARLIER WE JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT WOULD COME OUT. THE SAYING "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY 4" TOTALLY FITS THESE CHICKS WE ORDERED. IMHO LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw
    HERES A PIC OF ONE OF THE MCLEANS @ 5 OR 6 MONTHS OLD
    http://i39.tinypic.com/296p37c.jpg
    ONE OF THE WHITE HACKLES @ THE SAME AGE AS ABOVE
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2lbdjio.jpg
    You better hold on to those Hatch Chickens from them. I have saw them in action and they are good fowl.

Post Thanks / Like

i have the lacy roundheads and the yellow legged hatch. i like them both really good no complaints about these birds

Post Thanks / Like

So much is placed on station people forget everything else. Station is nice but it is not a must have. Take them medium station fowl and try them and, then you can see something. In most cases medium station fowl have better balance then high station fowl. They will have a quicker recoil also. Medium station that know how to fight in my opinion will do better then high station fowl.

Post Thanks / Like

U get what u pay for in this case thats all il say this time

Post Thanks / Like

all fowl will run if not properly cared for the rest is the keep

Post Thanks / Like

I live in kentucky and have visited his farm, he has very nice pens, but the fowl in my oppinion are not well kept, and sloppily handled. I dont reckon it matters how they perform to him in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

I have dealt with Cumberland on different occasions and have had the whitehackles,sweaters,brownreds,ylhatch,kelsos and i was always pleased with them and the owner was good to deal with and i picked mine up personally and chose what i wanted!! I would recommend cumberland to any one. And that you get what you pay for has nothing to do with it because I have bought chickens in the past from big name breeders and gave the big dollars and they wasnt worth having and i have also bought some cheaper fowl that turned out to be awesome!! So you are the one that has to be satisfied!!!

Post Thanks / Like

i bought manziel stag and a demorcat pullett, pair of whitehackles and a pair of sweater greys. from cumberland june 2012. pleased with all. whitehackles are short stationed but so was my blues when i started with them, blues are medium stationed now, whitehackles will be eventually, every thing else i got is medium stationed. as soon as i seriously start looking for new morgan blood to inject, getting ideas of where to look at this point

Post Thanks / Like

yeah thats true it is always what satisfies you Dont never buy what you dont like cause youll always find fault in it

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody try the democrat green legged?Thought about trying a stag or two of those.Let me know what or how you did with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Im not defending cumberland fowl because ive had no dealings with them but whats with the obsession of station and long legged roosters i agree there attractive to look at but think it has no relative importance on how a cock fights.As long as they can win in the pit thats all that should matter in fact some of the best cocks ive put down have been on the low station and short legged side.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some stags from them a few years back he has good stuff but they need fresh blood added most are medium stationed but that is what he wants where he lives the LK isn't in demand he raises for the gaff and he has sold some good fowl-I ask why he doesn't add fresh blood and he said last time he did they wasn't game -H e breeds his fowl to be game above everything else as long as they are game he is happy,his yl hatch are pretty good and the mcleans but they are not the type of fowl for me to breed they are way better then average but where we show you gotta have everything or you will not win

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rolling rock gf View Post
    I bought some stags from them a few years back he has good stuff but they need fresh blood added most are medium stationed but that is what he wants where he lives the LK isn't in demand he raises for the gaff and he has sold some good fowl-I ask why he doesn't add fresh blood and he said last time he did they wasn't game -H e breeds his fowl to be game above everything else as long as they are game he is happy,his yl hatch are pretty good and the mcleans but they are not the type of fowl for me to breed they are way better then average but where we show you gotta have everything or you will not win
    I know where he lives and beleive me they love the LK in that part of the country back when it was legal they were usually more entries in the LK than Gaff it was always big in his area yfis jeff