Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coryza Outbreak Help!!

Post Thanks / Like

Coryza Outbreak Help!!

Hello Guys...I Woke up this morning to discover that most of my young stags have watery eyes and swollen faces is this coryza whats your experience.... can this kill my whole flock whats the steps to take with this any help will be appreciate thanks to every one.

what medicine do you use for coryza.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coryza Outbreak Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by taipangamefowl
    Hello Guys...I Woke up this morning to discover that most of my young stags have watery eyes and swollen faces is this coryza whats your experience.... can this kill my whole flock whats the steps to take with this any help will be appreciate thanks to every one.

give streptomycin injectable,,stags 0.3ml for 3 consecutive days

hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by docchai
    give streptomycin injectable,,stags 0.3ml for 3 consecutive days

hope this helps
    Thanks for the quick answer do you have a specific name I did a Search streptomycin injectable for poultry and nothing come up thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Sulmet In Their Water. Worked For Me

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick answer do you have a specific name I did a Search streptomycin injectable for poultry and nothing come up thanks.

sorry..u can buy it from pharmacy..for human

Post Thanks / Like

To alleviate their swollen faces, we put salt (fine variety) in their eyes because it kills the bacteria. I know this is hard to believe - just like me before - but it works. Use also give antibiotic and Vetrx. In our farm we use chloramphenicol brand name: Mediclor. Very effective.

Post Thanks / Like

chloramphenicol is not good for growing animals..

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Coryza Outbreak Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by vffsweater
    To alleviate their swollen faces, we put salt (fine variety) in their eyes because it kills the bacteria...
    ouch...

to eliminate the swelling, you can massage their face initially and press the swollen part to eliminate the exudates clogged in their sinuses.. it will pass through their upper palate, you will see white, cheese like substance coming out..

there is a new antibiotic by excellence that has bromhexine(a mucolytic), i haven't tried it but it seems like a very good product..

Post Thanks / Like

Disinfect farm and inject the flock 0.3cc of baytril....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Draven51501
    ouch...

to eliminate the swelling, you can massage their face initially and press the swollen part to eliminate the exudates clogged in their sinuses.. it will pass through their upper palate, you will see white, cheese like substance coming out..

there is a new antibiotic by excellence that has bromhexine(a mucolytic), i haven't tried it but it seems like a very good product..
    mucolytic for chicken?? but chicken wont cough off to remove those liquified mucucs in the respiratory tract..

just my opinion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Draven51501
    ouch...

ambroxityl powder...amoxicyllin bromhexine tylosin combine

Dubai/Zamboanga Peninsula & Pagadian City-www.eaglecross2006.multiply.com
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seen in my nearby place, one of their stag badly affected and the stag was blind with this kind of disease.

If you see one like this, dispose it immediately.

thanks,

Paul Bulls

Post Thanks / Like

I Use Vetracin Gold For 5days In Drinking Water 2tsp Per Gallon After 5days I Put Pyristat Powder To Follow Up Their Treatment For 3days Try This And You Will See Good Results... And Of Course Dont Forget To Wash Them In The Morning Cold Water Helps Them Clean Up Especially When Coryza Outbreaks

Post Thanks / Like

chloramphenicol 500mg is effective for me but now im using injectible 50:50 combination of Robipenstrep P & Tylosin tartrate at 0.5ml/birds for 3days very effective

Post Thanks / Like

this will be help me alot! thanks for the inputs

Post Thanks / Like

Bump................. upupupupup

Post Thanks / Like

if you have at least a hundred of stags aging 2 months and up, it is recommended to use a coryza vaccine 250ml, but if you don't like the price, better to start at 10 days old chicks use baxidil, T2S, or ambroxitil powder at least 3-4 days a week alternately with pure water + vitamins and minerals and electrolytes (Protolyte) and at 2 months old use coryza gel injectable 0.5cc / head and continue using powdered medicine and protolyte vits&minerals. whats important is cleanliness of the sorrounding, malinis na pagkain, malinis na lalagyan ng pagkain, malinis na tubig pati lalagyan, at syempre dapat willing kang gawin ang mga bagay na ito para maging matagumpay ang breeding mo.

Just trying to share my 500php experience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kelso_ryan
    if you have at least a hundred of stags aging 2 months and up, it is recommended to use a coryza vaccine 250ml, but if you don't like the price, better to start at 10 days old chicks use baxidil, T2S, or ambroxitil powder at least 3-4 days a week alternately with pure water + vitamins and minerals and electrolytes (Protolyte) and at 2 months old use coryza gel injectable 0.5cc / head and continue using powdered medicine and protolyte vits&minerals. whats important is cleanliness of the sorrounding, malinis na pagkain, malinis na lalagyan ng pagkain, malinis na tubig pati lalagyan, at syempre dapat willing kang gawin ang mga bagay na ito para maging matagumpay ang breeding mo.

Just trying to share my 500php experience

Very Good Suggestion. Nasabi na lahat.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Coryza Outbreak Help!!

in conditions like this I cull them all... those already
    affected even if they survive they will not be good
    in the ring...

vaccination is the only preventive medicine that can
    help them... but once swollen na yon wala na din .

In my experience culling them will be for the best...

" one life time is not enough to learn about
    gamefowl breeding". it is like a vast universe
    what can come out will never cease to amaze us".

Post Thanks / Like

The Vaccine Is Not Very Effective. I Vaccinated All My Chicks 1 Year And It Still Hit

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to every one for your help I cull the ones that look infected and put some sulmet in there water and it looks better now but im going to wait and see whats up it sucks cause I cull more than 20 already thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

My handler vaccinates with Coryza at least twice, I still get hit with sporadic cases but very isolated cases, I still get at least 95% of my stock healthy......my handler culls those which have have swollen eyes and those which have gotten sick more than 3 days...... many of them do not perform well when it comes to the end game of King and pawn endings........

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the post on Sulmet ..that is very good...only, my method is to INJECT ...yes inject it under the skin at the back side of the neck....up to 1 ml per stag....3-5 days. I'm talking about the Sulmet ORAL solution...

It is also key to know the cycle of diseases in your farm...if you anticipate certain types to hit you at a given month do flushing...very young fowl are involved in this case , put 1/2 dose each of Sulmet and Erythromycin in water and give for about 5-7 days. If the dose of each is 1 teaspoon per gallon , put 1/2 teaspoon each...they have synergistic effects which potentiates the action of both put together....in effect 1/2 + 1/2 = 2 ...not just 1...this helps in a way that it alleviates the negative reaction specially in sulfasw which have a strong effect on the kidneys...crystallization (crystalluria) tends to happen and clogs the kidneys...

Post Thanks / Like

most of the medicine mentioned above works... specially medicine and antibiotic that are formulized for respiratory diseases. what is important is that your chick,stag or fowls will not get resistant to the medicine..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to every one for your help I cull the ones that look infected and put some sulmet in there water and it looks better now but im going to wait and see whats up it sucks cause I cull more than 20 already thanks again.
    It's a shame when young stock come down with coryza but you may want to back off culling-you have already killed 20, right? Coryza is seldom fatal and most fowl will make a complete recovery. I disagree that they wont be good as adults. When they get it in childhood they wont get it again although some may be carriers.
    Your bigger problem is that you will probably always have this issue in the future. the disease is on your farm and will be in carrier fowl. You can vacinate but many strains of coryza have mutated in different regions and the vacine may not work well.
    An ounce of Prevention is worth a pound of cure. Next season put gallimyicin(erythomyicin) in the water a month or so before you had the outbreak this year. give for seven days and then repeat every three weeks or so until you feel comfortable to stop. You may see some minor symptoms but it wont be near as serious

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm....If it is coryza, it should respond to most antibiotic for respiratory ailments. Treat all your fowls by using antibiotics in water and for those ones that are severely affected, you have to treat them individually. You have to clean the eyes daily, either give a tablet of antibiotic or a shot of antibiotic. Disinfect your whole area with a disinfectant that is safe to spray around the chickens. This is a bacterial ailment so it is preventable by bacterins. Just buy from reliable places because vaccines and bacterins are very sensitive.

Al

Post Thanks / Like

Good day cockmates...

if your cockerels are already infected, seperate & clean thier eyes and put terramycin eye ointment, am/pm 2-3days proven already in my yard hope can help.

here is the link, but in tagalog version,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy015h9IaZE

regards,
    junmdzgamefowls

Quote:
    Originally Posted by taipangamefowl

Post Thanks / Like

HELLO GUYS ....Just to say thanks for all the answers, you guys really educate my self ....it looks like we beat this for now.. but believe me I learn a lot {the hard way} hope Ill be ready for it next year Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

try tiget is a very good product you can give shot or 2.5 cm x one litere of water x 5 diays to prevent is the best avice but some times you need to use medicene

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like

Another method. Mix 2 parts hydrogen peroxide(agua oxinada bendita) with 1 part mineral water. Wipe eyes and wings with the said solution 2x aday.

tested antibiotics- buy tylosin injectible 20%. extract it with syringe and drop on both eyes.