Thread: Clemonts Grey

Post Thanks / Like

Clemonts Grey

I need Information on this grey blood. Considered one of the best greys for short knife. I herd that the Brady brothers( Roy and David) propagated this blood. Does anybody know if it is a regular grey or a hatch grey cross. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Lu

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clemonts Grey

Quote Originally Posted by lurena
    I need Information on this grey blood. Considered one of the best greys for short knife. I herd that the Brady brothers( Roy and David) propagated this blood. Does anybody know if it is a regular grey or a hatch grey cross. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Lu
    CALL ROY BRADY OR TOM HARGUS THEY BOTH HAVE THESE.

Post Thanks / Like

you are talking about clemons grey i do belive.. Davy Hurt of booneville MS has some of the best i know of call him tell him Kenny sent you he is a super nice guy as good of man as i have ever known to my understanding the clemons orginaly came from joe goode but unlike goode's greys these are green legged and mostly straight combed

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kenny for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kenny
    you are talking about clemons grey i do belive.. Davy Hurt of booneville MS has some of the best i know of call him tell him Kenny sent you he is a super nice guy as good of man as i have ever known to my understanding the clemons orginaly came from joe goode but unlike goode's greys these are green legged and mostly straight combed
    HEY KENNYI WAS WONDERING IF YOU NEW ANYTHING ABOUT KERRY ROBERTSON'S GREYS (CLEMONTS)? A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE BOUGHT SOME FROM THEM A FEW YEARS BACK THAT WERE ALL PEACOMB. I BELIEVE KERRY LIVES NEAR DAVY. WONDER IF THEY ARE THE SAME TYPE OF GREYS?

felito

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Clemonts Grey

Lurena,

I think it is the CLEMENTS Grey that you are talking about. I was given the chance to use these birds in the Philippines in 6 Cock Derby(1W-1L), 5 Cock Derby (4W-1L runner up), and 4 Cock Mayors League Derby (3W-1L runner up) coutesy of Mac White. A little bit of history, per Johnny Jumper, he used to handle fowls for a certain man and this particular grey won spectacularly. After so many nights of thinking about this grey, he asked his boss the address of the breeder and it was the late Mr. Clements from Texas. Mr. Clements sent him a broodcock but Johnny used him only once because he was too big. Roy Brady asked Johnny if he can use him and johnny gave the broodcock to Roy. My start came from Mac White, Mac got his from a breeder in Washington and Oklahoma, and both the breeder got theirs from Johnny Jumper a long time ago. They are big roosters and can go up to 2.6-2.7 lbs so be careful in breeding them. They are very powerful and good body punchers, straight comb, green legged and silver grey. My friend Arthur Aguilar from Laguna, Philippines has 2 broodcocks originally came from Mac White. Per Mac White, they have a little bit blood of the Bumble foot grey and who knows what else Mr. Clements add to this bloodline. I hope this little info will help you.

Rod
    Last edited by ROD610; June 12th, 2010 at 09:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you ROD610 for the info. Seen these greys in action in Mexico. High breakers,shuffling and fast footed roosters. Very aggressive fowl. Some of the locals said they had purchased these greys from David Brady. I believe they probably have radio blood in them. Kamikaze type of roosters. Was very impressed with there athletic abilities and power.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Clemonts Grey

Lurena,

The Clements that i used in the Philippines were crossed to Cowan Roundhead from Jr. Belt by Mac White. However, i was told by Mac that Clements crossed well w/ radios.

Rod