Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bruner RH info

Post Thanks / Like

Bruner RH info

i have seen a Bruner RH x Blue face fight and it catches my attention. Any body breeds these type of RH what is your comment?

any photo of your favorite stag or cock is most welcome

thx in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bruner RH info

Just sharing our Brunner RH 2008 WSCII winner a personal gift of Cong Peping Cojuangco to my brod in law.

http://dates128.multiply.com/photos/...llery#photo=59

Now moving quite slow against our Claret due to knee injury sustained after a win in 2008 WSC II moreso due to many hens with him in breeding pen.

http://dates128.multiply.com/video/i...ner_Roundheads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BILLABONG
    i have seen a Bruner RH x Blue face fight and it catches my attention. Any body breeds these type of RH what is your comment?

any photo of your favorite stag or cock is most welcome

thx in advance
    the brunner rheads were bred by t.k.brunner but the main man who kept them going for a long time was his trainer/manager willis holding..the late billy abbott was breeding them extensively and became famous for it by making the deadly lacy/brunner crosses as fough by rooster village and silver acre of ricardo silverio..howw to spot them?they are white legs 80% of the time,AND THEY WILL HAVE THIS REDDISH/PINK SCALES ON THEIR SIDE LEGS.very powerful for a rhead..they made a name in the 80s until the alabama rheads surface in the late 2000s under the COWANS!!..After an 60 yrs hiatus.radioasil@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

This are one line I buy recently. Going to test them this coming season.

fmgomez

Talking Re: Bruner RH info

My very good friend from Timberlane GF raises them and they seem to be some pretty good fowl. Should be getting some more from him this season. Have about 40 stags 1/2 Radio 1/2 Brunner. Really good cross to go with.
    YFIS

Post Thanks / Like

Rooster Village and the Bruner Roundhead consisted of 3 men .. Jack Smith, Larry Morris, Billy Abbott

They are the deadliest cutting fowl BUT only if their right in the head, they have to be 100% mentally. Their high strung, nervous, hard to haul but when their right, their hell.
    They cross good on hatch, green legged greys, brownreds, whitehackle, lacy .. honestly full i think their about bred out.

Opinion based on the past when it was legal and no i dont own any.

Post Thanks / Like

fmgomez - I thought Mr. Fontenot got out of the sport. Is he still raising a lil here and there to keep him busy?? Did someone buy him out and continue with the name?? Hope you don't mind my asking.

Cotton - I could not agree with you more about the Bruners. I had some of them from Timberlane ( D. Fontenot ) and they were some of the most athletic animals to walk this planet .. BUT .. like you had mentioned, you had to have them right mentally. If they weren't 100% mentally, they were still pretty damn good birds but when they were calm and correct, I honestly thought there wasn't anything that could whoop them ( my own personal opinion of course ).

just my two cents ..

fmgomez

Talking On point

Hey on point, Donald is not raising them anymore. Mr. Lester raises them now. Donald and him showed chcikens together for some time back when it was legal and when Donald quit, he let Mr. Lester have this roundhead blood. Now I am not saying he handed everything to him, but I do know for a fact that he handed him some of the good roundhead blood, as well as the gilmore blood. I have became good friends with Mr. Lester and his roundheads seem to still be up there with some of the best Brunners you can find. They are very athletic and cross extremely well with his radio blood. I was with him one time when Donald went down to Mr. Lester's place to check out his birds. He visited for a while. No but Donald is completely out and has moved to Houston where he lives.
    YFIS

Post Thanks / Like

my question why do most of the bruner breeders today cross them to radios? What does the radio add? I heard breaking ability.

raven_78

up...................up...............up.......... ..... more info...

Post Thanks / Like

alvin rhodes has the real deal also. if im not mistaken mr. lester was with donald at the tail end of his career, mr. rhodes was with him before that, with harry wells them. he has some good ones also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch Black
    alvin rhodes has the real deal also. if im not mistaken mr. lester was with donald at the tail end of his career, mr. rhodes was with him before that, with harry wells them. he has some good ones also.

I agree with you both has the same Donald F. bloods and both are excellent roosters, here in Mexico are wining the big derbys

Radio

Bruner

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=oxfarm]I agree with you both has the same Donald F. bloods and both are excellent roosters, here in Mexico are wining the big derbys
    QUOTE]

Could you please so kind to inform which entries win with this lines?

Thanks in advance.
    Saludos
    IGS

Post Thanks / Like

The problem with these roundheads is consistency. They are bipolar. They can fight really really good or super crappy. They have to be mentally sharp like the others users say. They are excellent cutters though. My personal opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcjfarms
    my question why do most of the bruner breeders today cross them to radios? What does the radio add? I heard breaking ability.

Radio blood are kamikaze fowl. The type of fowl that you need for the shortknife. They are non stop birds that throw a lot of feet and are dead game. The downfall is that they only go forward. Not very smart. That's why they cross them with Roundhead. Roundheads are smart birds and cut cut cut.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch Black

On one occassion, I had made a call to Mr. Fontenot to purchase some birds. He had told me that everything on his yard were leftovers from the season and I was more than welcomed to have them if I had wanted them but he insisted that he refer me to one of his friends who had fresh birds that he knew I would have liked as well. The fellow he referred me to was Mr. Alvin Rhodes.

just my two cents ..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lurena
    The problem with these roundheads is consistency. They are bipolar. They can fight really really good or super crappy. They have to be mentally sharp like the others users say. They are excellent cutters though. My personal opinion.
    I couldn't have said it any better myself.

just my two cents ..

Post Thanks / Like

found this on a auction looks Nice

Bruner Roundhead Cock No. 1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oxfarm
    This are one line I buy recently. Going to test them this coming season.

Oxfarm do you have any sparring videos of your Brunners or Radios. I saw your Rat leipers videos and they looked very good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lurena
    Oxfarm do you have any sparring videos of your Brunners or Radios. I saw your Rat leipers videos and they looked very good.

Thanks for the comments , I just receive the trios this season, the stags are to young but as soon as they can spar I´ll put some here. I spar the brood cocks ones , the Bruner is very very accurate and the Radio was a little slow I think was his first spar .

Post Thanks / Like

do the brunner roundheads come blue or slate legged sometimes?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Bruner RH info

Quote Originally Posted by Lights Out View Post
    do the brunner roundheads come blue or slate legged sometimes?
    I had mine for 8 years now and the only different leg color that came out are light yellowleg and 2 2 straight combed Im wondering if thats normal. I kept one of the straight comb he sure looks like one in plumage and leg color with white in the wing I havent tried breeding him straight though.

Post Thanks / Like

interesting thread, up up up up up

Post Thanks / Like

The brunner round head I have come a darker red black on the beak and black spurred, so far white legged with reddish looking streak down it. There is a man here in Texas that still has them and he still wins many shows a year with them. Not as fast as a normal round head but...they have a lot more power. There great shufflers and very accurate cutters. They seem to one of those that will shuffle right before they get to a bird...then continue as they get to one. I have seen these fight pure, and do well...but mostly they cross them over hatch and they are very good.

Im going to cross mine over some of my blacks (Texas Rangers) this year want to see what that will do to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I disagree with the comment they are bred out-- my partner and his step dad have had the bruner for over 38 years and can still win with them straight and crossed. Joe has the Billy Abbott , Jack smith and Bill Fulmer familys. I use the Billey Abbott on my yard straight and crossed with Asil.-Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AMS FARM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AMS FARM View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Bruner RH info

My uncle purchased almost 16 or so bruner RH frm Lester Hasbell ( exterminator ) and they're
    To me flashy kind fowl not much action. I used to feel bad cause he'd put them up and every time we sparred with him we'd literally spank him with our hatches. Not to mentioned when he'd show them he would still talk highly about them even when they lost. Lol but to me they're smart just need to be crossed into hatch just to put fire in them. Just my opinion God Bless

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by babydin View Post
    My uncle purchased almost 16 or so bruner RH frm Lester Hasbell ( exterminator ) and they're
    To me flashy kind fowl not much action. I used to feel bad cause he'd put them up and every time we sparred with him we'd literally spank him with our hatches. Not to mentioned when he'd show them he would still talk highly about them even when they lost. Lol but to me they're smart just need to be crossed into hatch just to put fire in them. Just my opinion God Bless
    Now this just goes to show you the difference between breeding of one person to the next. The ones I have are totally different. Agressive, steel slingers...and great cutters. The last three derbys i have seen has been won by the same man fighting the same round heads..either pure or over hatch. 2 gaff derbys and 1 sk...just goes to show how one blood while the same in name can be totally different in performance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clearfork View Post
    Now this just goes to show you the difference between breeding of one person to the next. The ones I have are totally different. Agressive, steel slingers...and great cutters. The last three derbys i have seen has been won by the same man fighting the same round heads..either pure or over hatch. 2 gaff derbys and 1 sk...just goes to show how one blood while the same in name can be totally different in performance.

Hi everyone... Just wanna show a picture of Mr. Ronnie Brendle from North Carolina discussing the history of the Bruuner Roundheads as were bred by Russel Poole. Anyways, mine came from Slick Lizard whose blood came from Timberlane as well. Enjoy!!!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id...977128&theater