Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 57

Thread: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

  
  1. #1
    Member oxfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like

    Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    I need help to find some good breeders in the KY. area, Im going to be there in October and will like to visit some breeders to bring new blood to my farm!!! any help will be appreciate.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    i recommend chet layne of blaine, ky. he is a good and honest man and not a peddler.

  3. #3
    Member Highlimit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Negros Occidental
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by steel magnolia
    i recommend chet layne of blaine, ky. he is a good and honest man and not a peddler.
    sir can you give me his phone number?

  4. #4
    Member oxfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlimit
    sir can you give me his phone number?

    Yes , the phone number please!!!!!!!!!!!!

  5. #5
    Member oxfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    [QUOTE=steel magnolia]i recommend chet layne of blaine, ky. he is a good and honest man and not a peddler.[/QUO


    Thanks for the number, and by the way very nice roosters you have specially the Lacy RH. are they from Mr. Layne??'

  6. #6
    Member CA_Gamefarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    whatever you do... i would not go to Mountainview gamefarm with Rick Stonecipher..... i bought a pair of Doc Robinson Hatch and pair of yellow legged "KELSO" (supposidly) the kelso hen is gorgeous with blue legs and the rooster has yellow legs... i bread them supposidly Kelso on Kelso and all offspring look and ARE HATCHES!!! they are bigtimeheady on the hatch bloodline.. he did not sell me pure bloodline at all!!! these had been crossed maybe kelso with hatchs... the offspring pullets are pretty much hatches and the stags are big time hatches... dark eyes, dark legs.. no Kelso there at all....

    Also, the Doc Robinson Hatch would not throw any shuffles , no kicks, no nothing,.. he would just kinda walk in circles getting hit, getting hit, getting hit... no legs, NOTHING!!!!!!!! the Doc Robinson Hen.... will not lay eggs! not one egg! i switched her with different broodcocks and no results... he didnt send pullets he sent older hens and he knows what he did! he sold me garbage! he sold me old stock that was worthless... and when i called him to complain, he wanted me to resend them at MY cost! and also send him a money order for the shipping of new chickens! he said that HE WAS NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR THE COCKS NOT BEEING GOOD FIGHTERS!!!!...that he couldnt guarantee EVERY SINGLE bird he sales, that he ships too many to actually know if they are any good... god darn it!!! Spar them!!! make sure you are not sending garbage... NO! he is a Peddlerand i am sure he has good chickens but only for his personal use only..the rest of them, the ones he sales.... a bunch of crossed C listers! i wasted my money, he took my money without touching his heart, not thinking twice!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Zacdaddy77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gamefarm
    whatever you do... i would not go to Mountainview gamefarm with Rick Stonecipher..... i bought a pair of Doc Robinson Hatch and pair of yellow legged "KELSO" (supposidly) the kelso hen is gorgeous with blue legs and the rooster has yellow legs... i bread them supposidly Kelso on Kelso and all offspring look and ARE HATCHES!!! they are bigtimeheady on the hatch bloodline.. he did not sell me pure bloodline at all!!! these had been crossed maybe kelso with hatchs... the offspring pullets are pretty much hatches and the stags are big time hatches... dark eyes, dark legs.. no Kelso there at all....

    Also, the Doc Robinson Hatch would not throw any shuffles , no kicks, no nothing,.. he would just kinda walk in circles getting hit, getting hit, getting hit... no legs, NOTHING!!!!!!!! the Doc Robinson Hen.... will not lay eggs! not one egg! i switched her with different broodcocks and no results... he didnt send pullets he sent older hens and he knows what he did! he sold me garbage! he sold me old stock that was worthless... and when i called him to complain, he wanted me to resend them at MY cost! and also send him a money order for the shipping of new chickens! he said that HE WAS NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR THE COCKS NOT BEEING GOOD FIGHTERS!!!!...that he couldnt guarantee EVERY SINGLE bird he sales, that he ships too many to actually know if they are any good... god darn it!!! Spar them!!! make sure you are not sending garbage... NO! he is a Peddlerand i am sure he has good chickens but only for his personal use only..the rest of them, the ones he sales.... a bunch of crossed C listers! i wasted my money, he took my money without touching his heart, not thinking twice!

    I almost made a comment a few months ago about how you look like a fool talking up fowl to be the greatest when you don't really know anything about them. Guess its better you feel foolish now, not for buyer the junk fowl, but for being a talking/typing advertisement for the guy. Atleast you learned from your experience and won't make that mistake again. Don't worry though.... many guys on this site to the exact same thing.

    ,Zac

  8. #8
    Senior Member Zacdaddy77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gamefarm
    ABSOLUTELY!!!!! bar none! Rick Stonecipheer of Mountainview Gamefarm. in kentucky!!! amazing! ask for the Out & Out Jumper kelso.. this is Johnnie jumper's old line of Kelso... yellow leg! i got a pair of these and this was my best purchase from him, i also bought doc robinson hatch. and new kelso line (white legs) and ofcourse the out and out Kelso with a paired Hen, AMZINg... the Doc I had to kull cause it was terrible, but the Kelso out and out yellow leg is just fire... brains, game, fast, accurate cutting, everything.... and the hen is beautiful, blue legs, awesome body, great looking... red face, very healthy... just great.. you gotta try them seriously... if not.. i already have little chicks from the pair and i am in CA... (chino) i can show you the father and mom... amazing.. ia m sure you can get cheaper from me... and this is a 4x winner cock! or call me for the experience i had with him... i can speak highly of this kelso line... simpy the best i have seen yet!!

    http://sabong.net.ph/forum/showthrea...89#post3055989

  9. #9
    Member KnightHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NewYork BlueCastleMtnEstate
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    I RECCOMMEND YOU GO TO BROWNSVILLE AND SPRINGBROOK AND WATCH AND SEE WHO IS WHO IN KY. THEIR IS A LOT OF CHICKEN PEOPLE THEIR. BUY FROM THE BEST AT THE PITS YOU WILL NOT GET BURNT SO BAD! JUST A THOUGHT!

  10. #10
    Member CA_Gamefarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    very true... he had promised the world... till i saw offspring... lesson learned!

    i was new to site and got key crazy on my keyboard...

  11. #11
    Senior Member Zacdaddy77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightHawk
    I RECCOMMEND YOU GO TO BROWNSVILLE AND SPRINGBROOK AND WATCH AND SEE WHO IS WHO IN KY. THEIR IS A LOT OF CHICKEN PEOPLE THEIR. BUY FROM THE BEST AT THE PITS YOU WILL NOT GET BURNT SO BAD! JUST A THOUGHT!
    I've shown at SB, unfortunately I think we've lost that place for ever. It was a great place to show roosters. I've got a pretty good idea who is who... and who is not anybody in KY . But I'm not looking for any fowl myself, I was just pointing out the guys foolishness in talking up these fowl he bought, before he really knew about them. I'm pretty well set on my fowl and breeding program and wouldn't take these fowl if they given to me.






    ,Zac

  12. #12
    Member gowanstarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicken Yard
    Posts
    229
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacdaddy77
    I almost made a comment a few months ago about how you look like a fool talking up fowl to be the greatest when you don't really know anything about them. Guess its better you feel foolish now, not for buyer the junk fowl, but for being a talking/typing advertisement for the guy. Atleast you learned from your experience and won't make that mistake again. Don't worry though.... many guys on this site to the exact same thing.

    ,Zac
    You will have to excuse some of us on here not all of us that hover around age 30 Know everything that the "Grandmaster" does. How nice it must be to be so young and know everything about gamefowl and everyone in it. I would liked to have known you when you started in gamefowl so that I could have some stories about you to bring you back down to earth. I figured I would just let whatever I was thinking come out in my typing like Grandmasters do. Dont take it the wrong way bud, personally I like you and your honesty, just returning the favor and giving it to you honest and blunt like you give it.

    Aaron
    Last edited by gowanstarr; July 4th, 2010 at 05:38 AM.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Zacdaddy77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    Here is the big difference... You won't see me buying chickens and the next week saying that guy has "Absolutely the best Kelso in the United States" when I haven't seen them testing and had a good chance see them put through the full test. I'm not saying the guy is a full blown retard. Just that he found out the hard way. And that I hope he learned a good lesson. It would be like you buying birds from that peddler you told me about that sent you junk. And the next week you are on here claiming he has the best Sweaters in the United States bar none. A beginner reading that may take it as you have seen first hand they are great fowl and have tested them to know so. Two years latter you find out you were wrong and they are junk, but in that 2 years 5 other beginners have bought from him because you vouched for the fowl and they said the same things without really knowing if they any good or not. Now several people have gotten burnt by this junk peddler because someone claimed they have "the best bar none" without really knowing. Do you get what I'm saying? As for the guy starting rumors or talking crap about me. I know exactly who "your buddy" is. There is only 2 guys ( out of many many )that have talked to me that would say such things and the reasons for the hard feeling has nothing to do with gamefowl. I'm not worried about him . Plenty of people have gotten fowl from me on here and I've got nothing but good reports back about the results. The fowl speak for themselves and as a matter of fact I'd be willing to give you a chance to see them first hand in your state if you've go the money, I've got the birds in Ca. already. No excuses, no hard feeling. Just good gentleman like fun. Hope this clears things up.

    ,Zac

  14. #14
    Member gowanstarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicken Yard
    Posts
    229
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    I get where your coming from and I agree with what you are saying, I just dont agree with how your saying it. Calling people names on the open forum like fools or whatever else you calling them and acting like you are better in some way and never made mistakes I dont agree with. Like I said before I really like you, I think you offer alot of good advice,hell I have asked you for advice. You know alot about the gamefowl business, hey thats great spread your knowledge around to everyone, but that dont make you better or smarter. I have noticed your posts on here lately seem to be like your climbing high on the horse, and I am gonna call it like I see it, and yes if you were my closest personal friend I would call him on it too! Dont take my post the wrong way it was meant as a wake up call to remember when you made mistakes and take it easy on others, but you will do what you like I am sure. As far as who is talking crap about you I dont have a clue what your talking bout, if you are saying its me I would do it on the open forum or call you, and the birds in Cali comment you made I wont even go there that is way in left field as to the point I was trying to make.Oh and I dont have a cool last one liner like you do sorry!

    aaron

  15. #15
    Member gowanstarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicken Yard
    Posts
    229
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    didnt mean to clog up the thread everyone, That was my last post here!

  16. #16
    Senior Member Zacdaddy77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by gowanstarr
    I get where your coming from and I agree with what you are saying, I just dont agree with how your saying it. Calling people names on the open forum like fools or whatever else you calling them and acting like you are better in some way and never made mistakes I dont agree with. Like I said before I really like you, I think you offer alot of good advice,hell I have asked you for advice. You know alot about the gamefowl business, hey thats great spread your knowledge around to everyone, but that dont make you better or smarter. I have noticed your posts on here lately seem to be like your climbing high on the horse, and I am gonna call it like I see it, and yes if you were my closest personal friend I would call him on it too! Dont take my post the wrong way it was meant as a wake up call to remember when you made mistakes and take it easy on others, but you will do what you like I am sure. As far as who is talking crap about you I dont have a clue what your talking bout, if you are saying its me I would do it on the open forum or call you, and the birds in Cali comment you made I wont even go there that is way in left field as to the point I was trying to make.Oh and I dont have a cool last one liner like you do sorry!

    aaron

    Sounds good buddy. Of course I wasn't referring to you fighting any roosters. Only standing them side by side and see who's is better looking. Also I didn't mean to call any one a fool. Only was meaning to say they said foolish things.

    ,Zac

  17. #17
    Member CA_Gamefarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    on my defense tho... the kelso cock he sent is a beast!!! goegeous!.... awesome awesome spars!! one of the best ifnot the best warrior on my yard!!!! just amazing.... yellow legged "kelso" but when i got his offspring... they all look like hatches! ..... all i am saying is that it is not pure like i asked..... but my comment and thoughts still stand on what i said here on this thread... so when i wrote this, clearly my cock looks like a kelso... great looking.... so yes considering the looks and the Sparring he delivers!!! .. yes the statements i made where honest and true! ..... bottom line... Rick sent me mixed fowl..... but in particular that Kelso is a beast!!! but not pure after seeing his offspring.

    i just though i might clear that up since some people feel like i do not know about chickens... and thats the beauty of this sport... we can never know everything.. we learn every day!!! every minute there is andjustments to be made... just like Golf, you never have the same shot more than once.. same with this.... every day is a learning day! people confuse somebody talking out of excitment for people bragging that they know it all... in my case i do not know it all.. i just get excited!

  18. #18
    Member oxfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    More Kentucky breeders ?????????

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    williamsburg KY
    Posts
    275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    i use to keep a few i got about 120 stags this year if the good lord lets me raise them nothing here on the barrels though there standing empty right now so theres not much here to look at but if you come to my area i can take you to some small breeders houses and a few in northern tn if your interested give me a call 606 549 3606 Kenny Mckee

  20. #20
    Member oxfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kenny
    i use to keep a few i got about 120 stags this year if the good lord lets me raise them nothing here on the barrels though there standing empty right now so theres not much here to look at but if you come to my area i can take you to some small breeders houses and a few in northern tn if your interested give me a call 606 549 3606 Kenny Mckee

    Ill do that thanks a lot.

  21. #21
    Moderator ChinaRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    laspinas munti
    Posts
    1,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    ox farm...

    jim young who was the president of a certain association there.
    maybe he is still... but not sure any more as I have lost track of
    him for a long time now. if you do not like his fowls maybe he
    can help you with the other breeders.

    kelly everly: ( a cousin of the everly brothers ) he is a banker
    and a breeder at the same time... he sent some breeds here but
    I do not remember anymore where here and to whom.

    both are very nice guys... mention my name cause I know them
    personally... (princess naldo).

    sorry but as I said I lost track of them both so I would not know
    their phone numbers and where abouts... please ask around coz
    they are very popular there.

    good luck !!!


    " one life time is not enough to learn about
    gamefowl breeding". it is like a vast universe
    what can come out will never cease to amaze us".

  22. #22
    Member oxfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    [QUOTE=ChinaRose][B][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]ox farm...

    jim young who was the president of a certain association there.
    maybe he is still... but not sure any more as I have lost track of
    him for a long time now. if you do not like his fowls maybe he
    can help you with the other breeders.


    Thanks all this information help me a lot Im sure Ill find good breeders their.

  23. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    east tenn.
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    if i was in kentucky i would try to get some from ol preston he shows every weekend and has a room full of trophies to back it up the best black blood i ever saw and as gooda spangles and greys as you will get fis

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,036
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!



    zac...football season is almost here...the dallas cowboys is in need of a good defensive back...your kelso can easily whip the giants...

  25. #25
    Member Highlimit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Negros Occidental
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    there's a lot of good breeder in KY just go to the Pit they show there best fowl every week end.

  26. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,036
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by oxfarm
    More Kentucky breeders ?????????


    how about col. sanders....

  27. #27
    Senior Member Zacdaddy77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon
    zac...football season is almost here...the dallas cowboys is in need of a good defensive back...your kelso can easily whip the giants...


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5bRNU6v7GI

  28. #28
    Member muscledean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kentucky Mountains
    Posts
    340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    Me.But its aording to what you want.Visitors welcome weekends only......Coldsteel187
    Quote Originally Posted by oxfarm
    More Kentucky breeders ?????????

  29. #29
    Member oxfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    Ill refresh the question!! Who breed good Rounheads or kelsos in Kentucky area????

    thanks in advance to all .

  30. #30
    Senior Member newtogame2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Game farms in Kentucky area!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gamefarm
    on my defense tho... the kelso cock he sent is a beast!!! goegeous!.... awesome awesome spars!! one of the best ifnot the best warrior on my yard!!!! just amazing.... yellow legged "kelso" but when i got his offspring... they all look like hatches! ..... all i am saying is that it is not pure like i asked..... but my comment and thoughts still stand on what i said here on this thread... so when i wrote this, clearly my cock looks like a kelso... great looking.... so yes considering the looks and the Sparring he delivers!!! .. yes the statements i made where honest and true! ..... bottom line... Rick sent me mixed fowl..... but in particular that Kelso is a beast!!! but not pure after seeing his offspring.

    i just though i might clear that up since some people feel like i do not know about chickens... and thats the beauty of this sport... we can never know everything.. we learn every day!!! every minute there is andjustments to be made... just like Golf, you never have the same shot more than once.. same with this.... every day is a learning day! people confuse somebody talking out of excitment for people bragging that they know it all... in my case i do not know it all.. i just get excited!
    i agree... when i was at Rick's place 3 years ago, the best looking birds on his place were his yl kelsos... one particular broodcock is still in my mind... looks a lot like a typical sweater, but more muscular... full of vitality... to the naked eyes, there's no way to tell what blood is actually in him... i know he didn't send you pure yl kelsos like you ordered, but if i were you i would keep those blue legged offspring, and see if they are any good... you never know.

Similar Threads

  1. farms in anaheim area
    By outlaw in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 7th, 2014, 04:09 PM
  2. Game fowl farms near pasig taguig area????
    By abduljakol in forum Usapang Manok
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 17th, 2011, 10:39 PM
  3. any farms located near bay area, CA?
    By doc_mhaq in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: January 10th, 2007, 01:10 PM
  4. Game farms in the Tracy area???
    By Surepal in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: November 3rd, 2006, 01:40 PM
  5. How game are you in the matching area?
    By mansmith in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: April 1st, 2006, 12:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •