Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old school & New Remedies for our Fowl

Post Thanks / Like

Old school & New Remedies for our Fowl

Just doing some research Since this website is in touch with people who raise and maintain fowl from all over the world here's a post that I thought it would help us for info...Times are changing and alot of us either can't get certain products that we need for our fowl when they are sick, or for the keep , for monthly and daily maintenance or what ever..... What I would like is for people to post home remedies that would help... Please list everyday house hold products, or local feed supply products we have now and their uses I'll list examples to start... People be open minded on things and please don't put people down....

WHOLE BLACK PEPPER FOR CANKER IN MOUTH ONCE OR TWICE A DAY

CLOROX BLEACH IN WATER FOR PURIFICATION 1 CAP PER 5 GALLON BUCKET

off the head that's my first two....Oh and I know the Axe for really sick birds....

So guys just post your home remedies for our fowl....Take care and Keep em Crowin!!!!!!!!!

2. Thanks jacosta thanked for this post
    Likes kickin_chicken liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Old school & New Remedies for our Fowl

my uncle used lemon for everything, never had a sick bird. a few drops in their drinking water did the trick. once saw a cock that had white bubbles in the eye he cut a lemon in half and rubbed it on the cocks face and put some juice in both eyes next day he was as good as new.

4. Thanks jacosta thanked for this post
    Likes KevinG, MarshButcher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shuffler01
    my uncle used lemon for everything, never had a sick bird. a few drops in their drinking water did the trick. once saw a cock that had white bubbles in the eye he cut a lemon in half and rubbed it on the cocks face and put some juice in both eyes next day he was as good as new.
    Thanks for the info !!! Lemon thats a new one for me....

6. Likes jacosta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

for fowl fox...i use 1/4 of 1 tablet per day of chicken fox for humans...ask your local pharmacy...high fever/ wings dropping...a nice dip or cold shower and 3 drops of honey...
    wd-40 for feather mites and scaly legs...

Post Thanks / Like

ginger is also good for fowl fox

Post Thanks / Like

I vaccinate for coryza, pox, mareks, and CRD. Clean water all the time. Once a week a little copper sulphate in the water. Those that don't make it...a sharp axe.

10. Likes southernX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

for fowl pox once they have it my friend uses mayonase he puts it on the bumps and the mayo will dry it quickly, don't know how but I know that has worked for him.

Post Thanks / Like

What works for us for sickness prevention and health maintenance has been Malungay and Honey.

Just boil Malungay once a week and mix with water for drinking (applicable for all ages).
    For chicks, feed 2 drops of Honey once a week for new hatches for a month (or as necessary if seem weak.

Thanks. . .

RickC

Post Thanks / Like

ACV in the waters has been working real well here.

Post Thanks / Like

bump....................................

Post Thanks / Like

Nice post guys there are some new Ideas....

Anyone uses Garlic for their fowl as maintenance? If you do what is the main purpose it is used for? I hear some people used them but I forgot what they used it for...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5SAINTS
    Nice post guys there are some new Ideas....

Anyone uses Garlic for their fowl as maintenance? If you do what is the main purpose it is used for? I hear some people used them but I forgot what they used it for...

Ang pagkakaalam ko sa bawang ay magaling na gamot sa High Blood. Pero sa ating mga alagang manok, magaling ito gamitin as natural anti-biotic, sabi ng iba na nakagamit na. Actually, my friend use garlic in treating fowl fox. Pinaiinom nya ng crack corn size of garlic ang manok nya na may fowl fox daily. Ang tira ay ikinukoskos mismo nya sa bulutong.
    Last edited by dennispogi; July 1st, 2010 at 03:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Old school & New Remedies for our Fowl

I use garlic for preventing them from worms

Post Thanks / Like

I use garlic so the vampires will not be able to get to my fowl!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I use garlic to entice non-setting pullets feel broody and set her own clutch of eggs...

Jomargalvez

whole milk and bread helps with coxcidiosis

Post Thanks / Like

try use garlic to a dunghill rooster give him 2-3 pcs then give him an sparring after tell me if your dunghill rooster run or not.

i use garlic specially when the weather gets colder just to warm my chicks, but not good to give them most oftern coz 2-3 weeks old chicks will already fight to their death.

Mt. Bululakaw HIGHLANDS OF ALCOY CEBU HOME OF THE MOJITOS www.imcgamefarm.com
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GG Crasher
    try use garlic to a dunghill rooster give him 2-3 pcs then give him an sparring after tell me if your dunghill rooster run or not.

i use garlic specially when the weather gets colder just to warm my chicks, but not good to give them most oftern coz 2-3 weeks old chicks will already fight to their death.
    a good size lemon grass inside, not too much ember and just keep turning until golden brown comes better with san mig light

Post Thanks / Like

More tips from the experts in this sport please.

Post Thanks / Like

Apple cider vinegar (organic, with "Mothers") mixed one table spoon per liter in water. Works well for the entire flock, especially for chicks. I use Oxine AH for disinfectant, mixed one cup in the 4-gallon bucket backpack sprayer, sprayed on everything - pens, cages, brooders, nests, soil, teepees, etc., even on chickens. For new arrivals in the farm, spray with Oxine AH as well, quarantine for 21 days, give vaccines that are in your farm's program. I hen hatch, hen brood, hen raise and free range. For me, its the best way to raise chickens. I only breed hens twice in one season.

Post Thanks / Like

malungay seeds are good substitute for antibiotics...roll up malungay leaves to tiny balls
    and feed as supplement it is the best b12 bar none...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5SAINTS
    Just doing some research Since this website is in touch with people who raise and maintain fowl from all over the world here's a post that I thought it would help us for info...Times are changing and alot of us either can't get certain products that we need for our fowl when they are sick, or for the keep , for monthly and daily maintenance or what ever..... What I would like is for people to post home remedies that would help... Please list everyday house hold products, or local feed supply products we have now and their uses I'll list examples to start... People be open minded on things and please don't put people down....

WHOLE BLACK PEPPER FOR CANKER IN MOUTH ONCE OR TWICE A DAY

CLOROX BLEACH IN WATER FOR PURIFICATION 1 CAP PER 5 GALLON BUCKET

off the head that's my first two....Oh and I know the Axe for really sick birds....

So guys just post your home remedies for our fowl....Take care and Keep em Crowin!!!!!!!!!
    what is a canker? i need to know this pls. enlighten me

Post Thanks / Like

GUAVA leafs are good for wounds and cut.

Post Thanks / Like

Fowl Pox

I have some problem with 3-4 month baby chick with fowl pox and wanted to share my remedy.

I treat fowl pox by peeling off the wart by hand and apply salt water mixture using cotton to the wart.Dont give them water and food after treatment,give them the next day.I repeat the treatment after wart become hard again and do the same process again until treated.

enjoy

Post Thanks / Like

Old School

No Food and Water sa unang araw sa paglipat ng sisiw sa range.
    We gave them "anay" for that same day. After that we start our common practice.

Yung Mga Naka range na cocks, We gave them "raw dog meat" once or twice a year.
    At yun "raw dog liver naman" sa conditioning namin.

Happy Cocking

Post Thanks / Like

Bunga for worms, Dogs blood to help them peck when down, put them in the dark when having sipoon , wont use sour oats as the smell is bad for the cocks,
    Wont go to the cockpit if a female visits the house or if 1 rides in the same peddicab,motor ect. Once left the house can not return till cock is fought ( I personally like this 1)

These are some of what my workers have tried over the years.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you who still use the old method that is by using hens to sit on the eggs, it is best to use the dry onion peels as the bottomest layer before you put the dry grass on top, these will keep the ants and others parasitic insect such as mites away.

as for the mites, I use tobacco dipped in water and squeeze them on the fowls head. the mites will die or relocate....

Post Thanks / Like

Old folks back home told us to use raw shrimps to treat fowl pox. We tried it on one of the chicks. Surprisingly the fowl pox healed after 4 days.

Post Thanks / Like

this is my experienced and very effective way to treat when my rooster got sick, my Remedy yet proven to my sick rooster already, if u see ur rooster or say your littlle stag or even in ur pullet got sick and almost not eating already and feel to die already What i'm going to do is take a scissor & cut the Comb, you may notice that too much sick rooster already even little blood dropping in their comb when cut but just leave it & give 250 mg Antibiotic capsules ( you can buy at any pharmacy) one in the morning & one in the afternoon for 2 to 3 consecutive days & give sip of water if not drinking already & notice the miraculous happen - it will survive. For bigger rooster give even higher dosage of Antibiotic 500 mg - at least twice a day for 2 to 3 days also.
    Even in the Dogs & proved & I experimented already to my own Dog - i had a little dog & got sick & almost not eating already & almost you can see is all bones & even just a few strong wind it will blow him & my Wife told me to put my little Dog in the Waste Garbagge bin already coz she does'nt want to see the dog helplessy slowly dying but I told my wife to take a "itak" - big knife and somebody hold the Tail of my little dog & I cut his Tail & i give him Antibiotic capsules but i remove the capsules & I forcely open the mouth i push the Antibiotic powder in the mouth & give little sip of water - i give 500 mg Antibiotis twice a day for 3 consecutive days & for the 4 days it show already bit improvement & that dog was survive & very Healthy. "Thru experienced there many miraculous things that even Science can not explain how to Cure certain diseases".

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Old school & New Remedies for our Fowl

Quote Originally Posted by royandres314
    this is my experienced and very effective way to treat when my rooster got sick, my Remedy yet proven to my sick rooster already, if u see ur rooster or say your littlle stag or even in ur pullet got sick and almost not eating already and feel to die already What i'm going to do is take a scissor & cut the Comb, you may notice that too much sick rooster already even little blood dropping in their comb when cut but just leave it & give 250 mg Antibiotic capsules ( you can buy at any pharmacy) one in the morning & one in the afternoon for 2 to 3 consecutive days & give sip of water if not drinking already & notice the miraculous happen - it will survive. For bigger rooster give even higher dosage of Antibiotic 500 mg - at least twice a day for 2 to 3 days also.
    Even in the Dogs & proved & I experimented already to my own Dog - i had a little dog & got sick & almost not eating already & almost you can see is all bones & even just a few strong wind it will blow him & my Wife told me to put my little Dog in the Waste Garbagge bin already coz she does'nt want to see the dog helplessy slowly dying but I told my wife to take a "itak" - big knife and somebody hold the Tail of my little dog & I cut his Tail & i give him Antibiotic capsules but i remove the capsules & I forcely open the mouth i push the Antibiotic powder in the mouth & give little sip of water - i give 500 mg Antibiotis twice a day for 3 consecutive days & for the 4 days it show already bit improvement & that dog was survive & very Healthy. "Thru experienced there many miraculous things that even Science can not explain how to Cure certain diseases".
    yes that's true i did that to my wife and she recover very fast so fast so she run to the gate

35. Likes LaBlue liked this post