Thread: Gary Gilliam Hatch

resurgence

Talking Gary Gilliam Hatch

Hello sirs,

I would like to ask about the Gary Gilliam Hatch breed. Is it true that it needs to be older before being fought in the cockpit? Since here, the big-time derbies we have only use stags, there is not much popularity in cock derbies anymore. I would like to ask if the Gary Gilliam Hatch can be used in a stag derby or is it better as a cock? Thanks and more power.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gary Gilliam Hatch

a little history: gary and rat graves used to fight together under the entry "gary and rat" many years ago, and usually did pretty well when they did. being that the two gentlemen were friends, they did swap blood a few times and i'm sure that gary has rat's hatch blood in his hatches. why does this matter? because rat used to show MANY of his hatches at as early as 10 months old, and fought into cocks, and in all weapons. he did very well, winning cocker of the year several times with these young stags.. so being that rat and gary essentially share the same blood, just bred differently, perhaps, then i would not worry about gary's hatches not being able to cut it when fought young.

Post Thanks / Like

up up up up up up

i heard Gary Gilliam hatches have 3 way lines crossed... i heard they are Hatch/Lieper/ and White heckle.. or something like that.... i am Not sure . dont believe me but i have read something like that...

anyone know more than this info?.

please share.

resurgence

thanks for the info...I just want to make sure because there is a local breeder here that said that he used the said bloodline....out of 4 fights with the stags, 3 ran....but they were excellent when fought as cocks...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by resurgence
    thanks for the info...I just want to make sure because there is a local breeder here that said that he used the said bloodline....out of 4 fights with the stags, 3 ran....but they were excellent when fought as cocks...

I HAVE HIS RHS AND THEY ARE KNOWN TO RUN 1 OR 2 OUT OF 10 BUT THE REST WILL WIN. BUT IVE NEVER HAD 1 QUIT AND HIS HATCHES GOTTA BE MORE GAME

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gamefarm
    up up up up up up

i heard Gary Gilliam hatches have 3 way lines crossed... i heard they are Hatch/Lieper/ and White heckle.. or something like that.... i am Not sure . dont believe me but i have read something like that...

anyone know more than this info?.

please share.

it's gilmore. leiper and penny.. that's what he told me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by resurgence
    Hello sirs,

I would like to ask about the Gary Gilliam Hatch breed. Is it true that it needs to be older before being fought in the cockpit? Since here, the big-time derbies we have only use stags, there is not much popularity in cock derbies anymore. I would like to ask if the Gary Gilliam Hatch can be used in a stag derby or is it better as a cock? Thanks and more power.
    Gilliam Roundhead should be breed to a hatch or leiper with good results. Mostly roundheads are fought as a cock because they are in "light boned fowls" category. Fighting them pure may show good results because they are good cutters, but they need "bottom", as most of the roundhead breeds for the finishing touches. Some breeders are using gilmore, leiper, penny, melsimms, or mclean hatches to cross with the roundheads with maximum results.
    With his hatches, the heavy composition which was mention by Laguan,
    I don't think it will run.

Post Thanks / Like

can some 1 pm me garys number thanx mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OER farms View Post
    a little history: gary and rat graves used to fight together under the entry "gary and rat" many years ago, and usually did pretty well when they did. being that the two gentlemen were friends, they did swap blood a few times and i'm sure that gary has rat's hatch blood in his hatches. why does this matter? because rat used to show MANY of his hatches at as early as 10 months old, and fought into cocks, and in all weapons. he did very well, winning cocker of the year several times with these young stags.. so being that rat and gary essentially share the same blood, just bred differently, perhaps, then i would not worry about gary's hatches not being able to cut it when fought young.
    I seen this more then once they was gamer then most cocks they matched into. I remember one fight when he matched Wayne haulmark and haulmark destroyed him in the first buckle then about an hour later Gilliam walked out the winner.

10. Likes Black_Spur liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

gary has good chickens BUT........... they are not game. this is coming from a guy that knows him real well in oklahoma. i asked him how much does he sell his brood stocks hetold me too much. and that he is only breeding to fill orders. he doesnt really know how they reall are cause he doesnt test them himself. i fought one that i conditioned for a friend the 1st time i fought him he won impressively and never got hit. the 2nd time he got hit and went cold really fast. the others that my friend had all was the same. THEY CANT TAKE THE CUT. JMHO ALOHA

Post Thanks / Like

my friend in oklahoma also told me hes LIVING IN THE PAST. just his name is what hes selling his roosters on.

Post Thanks / Like

So- this guy kahukokountry was talking bad about these fowl a couple of years ago. Does anyone have any input regarding the truth? Is this guy telling the truth of
    does he have different motives?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Gary Gilliam Hatch

Well ...I know that each of us speaks from his own experience. SO let me talk about my experience with Gilliam RH..which are supposedly the "Runners" <I apologize for leaving the topic "Hatch"> some friends and I have around 6 years with guilliam RH, they are good "pure" and Better Crossing with Sweater, hatch and Albanys. they Brake vertical, drop good amount the feet And the best is that THEY CUT..CUT. About Runners .we don't have any yet... NO ONE.. may be we are Lucky boys... since we have test an good number of them... Crossed and "Pure" as we got.

Back to the topic..! Guilliam Hatch are good as any out there .. they are nice in the SK even pure. when crossing they can give game without hurt the Cut and Feet speed.

as I said before... who can say something against his room trophy OR who can say something about the numbers of chickens he sale every years ... people are not stupid ..that is why he sale out years after years... ARE THEY RUNNERS ... THE ONES A HAVE NOT..at least not at this time...I have not yet screwed

just my comment
    JG

15. Thanks rick grivetti, jdtennessee thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jgmadridRMZ View Post
    Well ...I know that each of us speaks from his own experience. SO let me talk about my experience with Gilliam RH..which are supposedly the "Runners" <I apologize for leaving the topic "Hatch"> some friends and I have around 6 years with guilliam RH, they are good "pure" and Better Crossing with Sweater, hatch and Albanys. they Brake vertical, drop good amount the feet And the best is that THEY CUT..CUT. About Runners .we don't have any yet... NO ONE.. may be we are Lucky boys... since we have test an good number of them... Crossed and "Pure" as we got.

Back to the topic..! Guilliam Hatch are good as any out there .. they are nice in the SK even pure. when crossing they can give game without hurt the Cut and Feet speed.

as I said before... who can say something against his room trophy OR who can say something about the numbers of chickens he sale every years ... people are not stupid ..that is why he sale out years after years... ARE THEY RUNNERS ... THE ONES A HAVE NOT..at least not at this time...I have not yet screwed

just my comment
    JG
    thats what I was thinking. I have spoken to him on the phone several times and was considering some Leipers and Bates. Seems like a great guy and I saw him at mid America back in the day and he was tough as hell!!! Thanks for the input!!!

17. Thanks rick grivetti thanked for this post
    Likes rick grivetti liked this post