Thread: Roundhead/Hatch cross ???

Post Thanks / Like

Roundhead/Hatch cross ???

i am sure someone has attempted to cross RH to Hatch... what are your results? how do you like them?.... beter to croos RH cock to Hatch hen or the other way arround?..... any pics?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Roundhead/Hatch cross ???

ca,i would breed my hatch cock over my rh hen,but if you can ,try it both ways,i like power cocks over speed hens jmo yfis mike

Post Thanks / Like

Gary Gilliam won hundreds of derbies with that cross... More recently, Long Leaf was doing great in Mexico with his RH/Hatch crosses. Can't go wrong; i agree with "linebreeder73", try them both ways to see which gives you better results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gamefarm View Post
    i am sure someone has attempted to cross RH to Hatch... what are your results? how do you like them?.... beter to croos RH cock to Hatch hen or the other way arround?..... any pics?

If ur in CA. they are winning shows they are doing very well in phill. shows aswell as mex shows

Post Thanks / Like

try dan gray roundhead cross with mel simms hatch. this crosses are making good in davao derbies

Post Thanks / Like

dan gray 105 lines are excellent especially when cross to MH Hatch. Perfect!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I plan on breeding a lacy cock to two hatch pullets this coming breeding season. The hatch pullets are 1/2 straight comb mclean and 1/2 Dee cox hatch. The lacy and mclean blood we have had for a while, the Dee cox blood is new to us. Thanks Mongoose!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou for your fine fowl.

Post Thanks / Like

Friends in sport,

Since the time I concentrated in breeding the round head-hatch cross, although not perfect, I've been gifted with respectable and convincing wins.

I believe that as a breeder and fighter, if you will set aside too much effort on beautification for us to sell. We must instead concentrate on the aspect of winnability of a particular family of birds.

As long as what you produce are decent to look at, and full of good qualities to win, such as round head-hatch cross an aficionado will not have bad results.

Have a good day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kz15 View Post
    dan gray 105 lines are excellent especially when cross to MH Hatch. Perfect!!!
    is this cross good for stag or cock derbies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jbroundhead View Post
    Friends in sport,

Since the time I concentrated in breeding the round head-hatch cross, although not perfect, I've been gifted with respectable and convincing wins.

I believe that as a breeder and fighter, if you will set aside too much effort on beautification for us to sell. We must instead concentrate on the aspect of winnability of a particular family of birds.

As long as what you produce are decent to look at, and full of good qualities to win, such as round head-hatch cross an aficionado will not have bad results.

Have a good day.
    Absolutely! 100% agree.... beauty is great to look at but, i rather produce and show convincing winners!

Post Thanks / Like

i will try my boston roundhead bc to my blueface hatch pullet...

Post Thanks / Like

Friends in sport,

Have a good day.
    I really admire your Dan Gray roundhead! They break high with superb cutting ability... More power into your breeding!

Post Thanks / Like

I breed the RH/Hatch (Allan/Leiper) at 3/4 RH 1/4 hatch, I find this much better for the LK.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kz15 View Post
    try dan gray roundhead cross with mel simms hatch. this crosses are making good in davao derbies
    You're right sir...valhala gamefarm too when still active in the sport was winning in major events with that crosses...

cockfighter_199

i had some doc robinson hatch/toby collins rh's hard hitting smart shuffling birds

Post Thanks / Like

better to use hatch BC over RH hens so the stag is fightable for LK. RH BC over Hatch hen, stags will fight more of a hatch fighting style. The pullet when crossed back to his RH father, then thats the time you will have a fightable stags for LK. have been there!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess 3/4 RH - 1/4 Hatch would be perfect. Just get the gameness of the hatch. IMO 1/2 RH - 1/2 Hatch might produce undecissive figthers. Hatch brain wants to hit, hit, hit, while RH brain wants to do some tactical fighting. 3/4RH will make Tactical Fighting a more dominant approach of the gamefowl, while 1/4 hatch will make your fighter game enough to the drag....

Post Thanks / Like

how about breeding hatches with 1/4 rh on them?say gilmore / dan gray rh?

what can you say?could it be a good combination especially now that some hatches are no longer showing too much agressiveness?

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer to bred 5/8 boston roundhead 3/8 sc mclean hatch . This blended amount of blood
    works great for me sk or lk . I use the 1/2 cross in gaff and sk mostly gaff. I also like the
    boston straight for the lk .They are fast and accurate ,killed three in the fly in gaff when
    testing bloodline straight in one of hardest comp. pit in my state.

Post Thanks / Like

Friends in sport,

Have a good day.
    sir JB ROUNDHEAD
    base on your experienced which is better, roundhead over hatch or hatch over roundhead? thanks....

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone knows what type of RH and Hatch PA is usning in his Roundhead Hatch crosses? Specially the LOLI markings? Thankyou!

Post Thanks / Like

For short knife leiper/lacy crossess. Very smart and excellent cutters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gamefarm View Post
    I have both and they have almost the same style but the best ones are the Roundhead cock over the hatch hen, (Lacy,Blueface) I just spared one of the hatch/RH stag and pure RH stag! I'll record it and post so you can see the difference but the cross throw more feet and are more on the offensive instead of defensive!