Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Fox Farm/Alabama still selling high quality gamefowl?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Red Fox Farm/Alabama still selling high quality gamefowl?

tx a lot guy for the info about red fox gamefowl. as i like to acquire trio's.
    don't know what bloodline yet.

Post Thanks / Like

SOUTHWIND,
    I spoke to another breeder and he was wondering if the broodcock you used had been to the "pit", got wounded and didn't get proper anti-biotic treatment to kill any infection(s). If the broodcock had an infection it was past on to your hens. Anyway, if this is the case or not, according to him the white stuff coming out (tae) is a sign of infection which will eventually lead to death if not handled in time. I would consult a chicken veterinarian and get the right medication to save your hens; specially after spending a lot of money obtaining them from the US.

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard of this happening before. Usually what is found out is the bird choked to death. Especially if the bird showed no signs of sickness before death. If an autopsy is performed, sometimes a piece of corn or other large hard object can be found lodged in the throat. Sometimes this is caused by the bird eating too quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

would somebody please post some pics

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Red Fox Farm/Alabama still selling high quality gamefowl?

I lost a pure gl hatch brood cock,i think he may have choked to death,fed him that morning,he looked and acted like a million dollars,come home he was stone dead in the pen with his hen,not a scratch on either fowl!yfis mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arawingf View Post
    tx a lot guy for the info about red fox gamefowl. as i like to acquire trio's.
    don't know what bloodline yet.
    ..1st I want to say that Walker and Rochelle are very nice down to earth people,,having said that,,I doubt that Rochelle has 1/64 of her grand pa's blood on her place,,Their greys were runnig off at Sunset back in 05 and that's all I needed to hear...
    ..Living off grand pa's name only imo and They could'nt give me a trio even if they paid the shipping..

Post Thanks / Like

Wow....that's a big bomb that's been dropped.

Is there anyone out there who will redeem Red Fox Farm????????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1handkneehigh View Post
    ..1st I want to say that Walker and Rochelle are very nice down to earth people,,having said that,,I doubt that Rochelle has 1/64 of her grand pa's blood on her place,,Their greys were runnig off at Sunset back in 05 and that's all I needed to hear...
    ..Living off grand pa's name only imo and They could'nt give me a trio even if they paid the shipping..
    Who fought a pure Red Fox Grey and quit at sunset ? It would be nice for us to be rightly informed.

I have their bloodlines but I have never been in their yard and I have no idea how they breed.... therefore I can't say anything other than I am happy w/ what they gave me until now. For me ...that is the bottom line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silver2dmoon View Post
    Who fought a pure Red Fox Grey and quit at sunset ? It would be nice for us to be rightly informed.

I have their bloodlines but I have never been in their yard and I have no idea how they breed.... therefore I can't say anything other than I am happy w/ what they gave me until now. For me ...that is the bottom line.
    AMEN to that! We can't just go on "hear say".

Gapan city, Nueva Ecija/San Jose del Monte, Bulacan
    Post Thanks / Like

This is my HB redfoxgrey crossed to an E.G. Walsh black macrae apache (January 2010 born)

video of his full bother in sparring (courtesy of cleo & pogipoint). he's coming from left of your screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkkkf...eature=channel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EPG5 View Post
    Wow....that's a big bomb that's been dropped.

Is there anyone out there who will redeem Red Fox Farm????????
    actually similar bombs were dropped quite a few times before this... just do a search and you will see... by the sheer numbers they produce each year alone, they should have good ones, but it was adviced for buyers to go there and select themselves... it can be hit or miss if you don't.

Rochelle was a hottie that were more into partying than cocking in her youth (was told this from a reliable source who actually met her a few times when his dad took him to those derbies where Harold was presented in the old days... i wish i would have met her back then too... )
    Last edited by newtogame2; August 20th, 2010 at 03:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by newtogame2 View Post
    actually similar bombs were dropped quite a few times before this... just do a search and you will see... by the sheer numbers they produce each year alone, they should have good ones, but it was adviced for buyers to go there and select themselves... it can be hit or miss if you don't.

Rochelle was a hottie that were more into partying than cocking in her youth (was told this from a reliable source who actually met her a few times when his dad took him to those derbies where Harold was presented in the old days... i wish i would have met her back then too... )
    It would be hard to decide and hand pick then if Rochelle is still a hottie ....
    thanks for the input...

Post Thanks / Like

My prior mentor/partner lives just 30 minutes from Red Fox Farms. He was tearing up the big derbys in Alabama in the 90’s and was approached by Rochelle to test some of her fowl. He was a great feeder, selector, and handler and was the reason she approached him. I went with him when he tested her fowl just as a spectator. She wanted to select brood cocks out of the ones he tested. The Hatch and Grey blood was game but could not win in tough competition. Her Claret blood was total dunghill….two of them ran off in the main pit. The best bloodline they had in my opinion was the Brassback Butchers. They were great cutters, had good ringmanship, were game and had a good snappy punch. Two of the cocks he tested of this blood hulled their spurs in the gaff and still won….never letting up or hitting hard. Anybody that knows anything about gaff fighting knows that usually a bird will quit hitting or slow up once they hull a spur. They were in my eyes the only true gamecocks they had then. That has been over 12 years ago so things could have changed. I don’t even know if they still have the Black Butcher anymore.

ises

never had a problem or any complaint with the fowl rochelle sent me, the mclean crosses have proven too be solid fowl, butcher blood i have in some of my fowl (1/2mclean1/4butcher1/4boston, 3/4red fox 1/4 lancey, good win %) (mcleanchet is very good, gave lancey one, he bred it to his greys, fought them last yr in stags), claret is good. lacy was beautiful but fighting style not to my liking, leiper i gave to a friend (like the mclean much better), grey gave away (i prefer lanceys grey). no complaints with rochelle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ises View Post
    never had a problem or any complaint with the fowl rochelle sent me, the mclean crosses have proven too be solid fowl, butcher blood i have in some of my fowl (1/2mclean1/4butcher1/4boston, 3/4red fox 1/4 lancey, good win %) (mcleanchet is very good, gave lancey one, he bred it to his greys, fought them last yr in stags), claret is good. lacy was beautiful but fighting style not to my liking, leiper i gave to a friend (like the mclean much better), grey gave away (i prefer lanceys grey). no complaints with rochelle.
    How long ago was your last acquisition from Rochelle?

ises

last time prob 2005 (?), never received unhealthy fowl from rochelle, mcleans & butcher crosses fought in top competition (bakbakan,nat bullstag, meralco, pcap,...), good record. butcher was a brassback, bred it ltd brassbackboston.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EPG5 View Post
    How long ago was your last acquisition from Rochelle?
    Don't worry so much. You will get your fowl, I'm sure the good ones. There are a few who aren't satisfied, but most of them appreciated what they got from Redfox.
    You will never know until you breed them, but breed and cross them well.
    That's the bottom line and your main objective.

ises

you said your getting a trio of leiper, since her 2 hatches basically the same blood, suggest you get a mclean cock & hen, & 1 hen leiper. she calls the lemon hackled mclean & the dark hackle leiper but basically same blood, lemon hackle has a clever fighting style, your sid taylors need style (bottom) for the pi

Post Thanks / Like

OK COPYCAT. I'll keep everyone posted when we get the Leiper trio. I'll bring this thread back up so you all can't miss it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ises View Post
    you said your getting a trio of leiper, since her 2 hatches basically the same blood, suggest you get a mclean cock & hen, & 1 hen leiper. she calls the lemon hackled mclean & the dark hackle leiper but basically same blood, lemon hackle has a clever fighting style, your sid taylors need style (bottom) for the pi
    Thanks ISES. That's a good idea, I'll ask Rochelle to do that.

Post Thanks / Like

the harold brown claret i bought was from a guy that got his in the 70's not a fast bird just smart on beat accurate. Had a wistle to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silver2dmoon View Post
    It would be hard to decide and hand pick then if Rochelle is still a hottie...
    yes... in more way than one...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1handkneehigh View Post

that is not nice to say...when you have nothing to prove it...here's my 1HANDMIDDLEFINGER TO YOU....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon View Post
    that is not nice to say...when you have nothing to prove it...here's my 1HANDMIDDLEFINGER TO YOU....

hahahaha you're the mannn KOGS

Post Thanks / Like

Redfox fowl are hands down great fowl you can never go wrong with there greys or hatch blood been buying from rochelle evry year and never had a bird give up my broodcock out of my first offspring in 2004 is a 6 time winner and know retired many of the brothers were the same in major mexican and phillipine derbys to this day still breed them and maintain them pure ...my opinnion if going to cross a pure grey use gilmore blood and hatch to sweater hens or roundhead very good results...tripleJgamefarm

Post Thanks / Like

here is a pure silverback grey broodcock with a hatch hen direct from rochelle redfox farm...http://s926.photobucket.com/albums/a...roodpen001.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

another hatch direct from redfoxfarm...http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/a...rm/mclean4.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

redfoxfarm has treated me with respect and always sent me class A fowl healthy strong and produce me so many winners...recomend to all..http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/a...rm/mclean3.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon View Post
    I would not advise somebody to get fowl from Red Fox Farms now....I have seen too many of their fowl (Hatch and Greys) shown and they just don't cut the mustard anymore direct. I would advise someone to find a cocker that got these bloodlines directly from Harold Brown.

My mentor took me to their farm back years ago to select cocks and there were hundreds of cocks in pens that had not been trimmed and looked like they had never had their spurs cut. A major operation like Red Fox Farms should in my opinion take better care of their fowl.

Post Thanks / Like

Gentlemen,

Do any of you live in the Philippines and if you do, by any chance you can recommend a game fowl Veterenarian who lives in the Metro-Manila area? The brood stock I ordered will be arriving late November and my wife will need a Vet. We live in Quezon City very near to SM FAIRVIEW Mall. Please pass on our info to the Vet. We can be reached at # 383-5087 or by e-mail:
    sweetheart27096@yahoo.com Thanks for the assistance!