Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jumper Radio

Project A

Jumper Radio

whats this Fowl all about? what its got, its fighting style? anyone please help.

Roosters&Dreams
    I got my Radio direct from Mr. Jumper, my radio breaks very well and they can cut, best cutting bloodline i have.

William Branum
    It is my understanding that the Radio fowl was made from Kelso fowl. The family started with a sensational cock that would sing and chatter all the time. Thus the name "Radio cock" was given to the cock. The offspring from him was called Radio. The originals were medium red, straight comb, yellow legged fowl. The were good breakers, outstanding cutters with a fair amount of power. It is also my understanding that Ira Parks, Johnny Jumpers brother-in-law, had a big part in creating the Radio fowl.

Post Thanks / Like

Radio's

I think you will find Mr.Cecil Davis was the man that made the Radio's. At the time they were made he,and Mr.Jumper were partners. The first brood cock's breeding was unknown.He was bred to out and out Kelso hens,then some Murphy blood was added and bred back to the Kelso side.Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Radios are red, yellow legged, and straight comb. The ones I have fight aggressively. If you get the dvd "cockfighter Interviews," Mr. Johnnie Jumper talkes about how he created the Radio bloodline.

gamay
    my johnny jumper radio stag
    Attached Images Attached Images

gamay
    another
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Johnny Jumper was putting up the cock for someone and it was a Kelso ,Murphy cock. He called the cock Radio cause like William Branum said he talked alot in the cock house. He then bred the cock over some of his Kelsos and thats how they were made .

Not sure who he was putting the cock up for it might have been Mr. Davis . Not sure .

The Radio cock I had won 5 times and was one hell of a rooster .

Hope this helps.

ALOHA

buhawi
    radios in wsd didn`t compete well.there famous days were long over and they are now replaced by sweaters.sweaters moves faster,cuts better,and even breaks better than any radio alive.chongbian has the best access on the best radios of johnny jumper.fought them in wsd and didn`t do well.they were outbreak and outcut by sweaters.radio perhaps as crossing fowl would be better because of their aggressiveness and great bodies.but to compete in longknife using radios nowadays,no way for me.the old model rooster is already a thing of the past.perhaps they are still great in shortknife in u.s. but in longknife.........it`s your own choice.:hippie:

gamay

buhawi

i'm planning to cross them to sweaters , hatch and rounhead anyway and i have no plans of fighting them pure thanks for your input :wink2:

JRL/TAMBAL

Post Thanks / Like

Hello friend's

Hello friends

Hello Friends a video of Jumper of its farm, this video was taken by Don Juan Greer has races of roosters Radio.

Visit his WEb http://www.granjagreer.net/ this in Mexico.

Its video when it visits : http://www.granjagreer.net/video.html

Post Thanks / Like
    gamay,

bro interested ako sa radio mo, paano kita makontak. ty

mick,Bluefaces
    what about Roy Bradys Radios?

Brokewing

Jumper Radio

From what I recall from talking to Roy Brady, the original Radio was a Murphy/Whitehackle rooster that Bill Japhet raised. Bill gave the rooster to Jumper, but no hen. The rooster chicken talked all the time, thus, Jumper named him "Radio". Jumper took the rooster to Cecil Davis to breed to a yard of of sister hens that were pea comb and straight comb. Then they bred the daughters back to the rooster and they repeated this until it was 15/16th of the roosters side. Roy said the offspring were coming both pea and straight comb, but it was decided to breed to the straight comb side. Roy got some of the earliest Radios when he and Jumper were closest of friends.

Today, the Radios come red, 100% straight comb and yellow leg.

Post Thanks / Like
    Famous days of Radios over? I thought Slick Lizard Gamefarm won in Sunset using pure Radios.

Post Thanks / Like

Radio

It's not really fair to say that the Radio are over or in the past, we cannot really assess a bloodline success on few breeders. Ultimately, it depends where you get your broodstock. let say a breeder of sweater is successful it does not mean the you will have the same result if you bought your sweater from another breeder, just because it's a sweater. let's say we all agree that a radio line consists of a kelso and a murphy. If you breed your own Kelso and Murphy ( you can do it the way Jumper bred them) can you then say you have a radio line? think about it?

g-ayo
    I have a pure JJ RADIO hen which i'm planning to cross with a roundhead this coming breeding season to give it more flight and cutting.This hen has proven herself to produce winners before coz its offsprings won 3 and 4 cock derbies.I hope it will give the same result with this pairing.Right now i have 4 mth old stags of this hen,crossed to a lemon.What i mean is it has a pretty good winning percentage as far as i'm concerned so its ok to have a few in your yards my friends:sprcool:

epcvirus
    Watch out for my sweater-radio and lemon-radio crosses on Cf 5 stag derby at San Mateo PI( red virus entry). They are the best of my produce this season. Let's see if they can be at par with the best out there.:blush:

http://redvirusMypicgallery.com

19. Likes comancherags liked this post
    sampaloc manila/ infanta quezon/ cerritos & buena park, california usa
    Post Thanks / Like
    my radio acquired from boyet plaza. stag derby winner at araneta coliseum.

OldDawg
    Just an FYI...

The original Radio line were bred by Mr. Johnnie Jumper back in the early 60's. He received a cock from Bill Japhet who is one of the few guys who can get fowls directly from Murphy and Madigan. This particular cock is a 1/2 Murphy and 1/2 Whitehackle (Madigan's blood). He bred this cock to some of his Kelso hens and then he kept linebreeding it over his daughters until 7/8 of the original cock's blood. These 7/8 blood were the original Radio line. Mr Jumper called them Radio because of their talkative nature. They are not the smartest bird. In fact, Mr Jumper quoted " They have only one gear, and that is forward." They are very aggresive birds that throw multiple shuffles. They either win quick or loose in that order. They are pure for yellow legs and straight comb. Although, some of the original Kelso hens carry pea comb blood, but by linebreeding to the cock side, the pea comb gene was eliminated.

MSRooster

Olddawg is correct...

I have had the Jumper Radio line for nearly 10 years or longer. We got them direct from Jumper out of friendship. They are about the only fowl I've ever bred that can consistently just demolish their opponent in the pit. When they do win, there is nothign in the house that will do and look any better. However, Mr. Jumper is correct. They have one gear - forward, full speed. If they lose, they will lose about as fast as they win -because Olddawg is correct, they aren't very smart. They are the most aggressive fowl I've ever owned. I fell in love with this line of fowl right from the start, and I will have them until the day I stop showing birds -which will probably be the day I die. And, for those who think you can no longer compete in major competition and win, have a look at this picture. This is what the radios did a few months back at the toughest pit I've been to besides Sunset. www.pitfowl.net/bates

buhawi
    your radios look awesome..........great body conformation.....

are you related to the old george bates?

Post Thanks / Like
    old dawg is right, but i think he bred it to 15/16 cocks side like how brokewing said, but the cock was half whitehackle, half murphy bred to his kelso hens as stated earlier. JJ explain this in the interviews...

Post Thanks / Like
    it is a fact that before the sweaters have their time in wsc
    the radios reigns. local radios like that of boyet plaza are
    already proven in philippine long knifes.

they can break high and kills opponent in their first buckle.

my radio from mr. boyet plaza http://www.info.com.ph/~otap/rad1.html

Post Thanks / Like
    alibaba

you got a good concern especially if you are buying one.
    as a buyer you got to know first their characteristics.
    above descriptions by some posters are good. if they
    don't look like what has been described most probably
    they ain't radios.

look for prominent players and breeders, price is just a
    matter of correspondence

Jayvee
    GAMAY

do u really have those cocks or just pictures?

WickedFrog
    TRY PM MOUNTAINVIEW HE THE ONE THAT KNOWS

ALOT OF THIS SECRETS

Post Thanks / Like

MSrooster

Good looking Radios.

I have not seen to many lately that show the light lemon hackles like mine do until I looked at yours.

Very nice.

Here is one of mine with the light lemon hackled feathers.

Post Thanks / Like

jayvee

yes i have them (TRIO) in my farm in PI . check my gallery out (GAMAY)

CHAMPION
    Sabong.NET Derby 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    THE PLAZA/ HAVE THE BEST RADIO LINE IN P.I. MR SABUNGERO IS RIGHT IVE WATCH THE R LINE OF MR PLAZA FOUGHT IN ARANETA AND ROLIGON FOR ME THIS IS THE BEST SHUFFLER IVE EVER SEEN IN THE PIT