Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where can i buy some gaffs at ???

Post Thanks / Like

Where can i buy some gaffs at ???

I'M LOOKING FOR SOME 2 1/2 DUKE 74s GAFFS CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where can i buy some gaffs at ???

take it for what its worth but u shoulda asked that several yrs ago when it was legal. Jus my opinion bud.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Where can i buy some gaffs at ???

i have some gaffs for sale.
    if you can send me picture i can copy them for you.

Post Thanks / Like

bump need some info .....pm me if you know who still making some thanks..

Post Thanks / Like

You fellas are crazy....................
    Last edited by Falkor; June 25th, 2011 at 02:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Where can i buy some gaffs at ???

Common man ....... ? Well I guess they would make a good center price , people put samurai swords up on their wall for ornament.

Post Thanks / Like

they are very collectible.i would like to have a few sets for my collection.people still collect army tanks and such dont mean there gonna blow something up.

Post Thanks / Like

There are smarter ways to obtain "collectibles". In some states those collectibles are very much illegal especially when you also own gamefowl. It is also a federal offense to ship them across state lines. I would be very careful in what you are asking on a public forum that anyone can read, use your head or lose your birds, your choice.

9. Likes jeff clark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
    There are smarter ways to obtain "collectibles". In some states those collectibles are very much illegal especially when you also own gamefowl. It is also a federal offense to ship them across state lines. I would be very careful in what you are asking on a public forum that anyone can read, use your head or lose your birds, your choice.
    I could have not said it better.
    Excellent advice Falkor.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not one to speak out of school, but Paul Hulin is retiring and selling his shop and niteowl supplies company. I'm not implying he has gaffs or makes gaffs but I know his shop has all the equipment for making gaffs. I bought several pairs. From 2 and 1/4 inch to 2 and 7/8 inch of his Duke pattern in quarter inch lengths. (5 pairs). I also bought the same in his Cajun Kuto LKs. His ad is on the last page of this month's Gamecock. I was an Alan Ray one-piece only buyer until I got these two-piece Duke patterns. Best gaffs I own and never had one bend or break. Almost any rooster but an Asil can cut in them. He, like all of us, has to be careful so all I can do is point you in that direction. Hope it helps but anyone who has a box full of heels is going to hang on to them like they are made of gold.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks hammer i'll try him..........

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I forgot to mention that I know a gaff maker still making them. If you want his contact PM me. Be prepared to wait 4-6 months though. He and 3 men cannot keep up with his orders. These are one piece any pattern and have the gurantee. Here in Texas it is not illegal to own or possess them as long as you're not hauling a bunch of roosters and have the heels with you. My father is a retired State Trooper and when the law ended U.S. fights, he got me a framed board with 16 pairs on it that LE officers had seized. There were some Ibele, Orr, Burkeys, Alamo Gaff Company and Ronny Callaways (the best ones) on that board. They were rusty and needed re-leathering but the guy I mentioned in my previous post refinished them, re-leathererd them and sharpened them for me. Good as new.

Post Thanks / Like

i sent you a pm hammer let me know.....

Post Thanks / Like

hahahahahaha

when your watchin tv and you see 8 vehicles pull up in your yard a crazy robo cop bust in the door throw you down on the floor in front of your kids and throw your wife down as well.. and then they try to take your kids cause you might be doing a few years for a pair of gaffs... by all means... use a public forum

Post Thanks / Like

LOL they must be harcore cockers that dont give a fu.ck! hahah

Post Thanks / Like

As a former Texas attorney, I can say I can wear a shirt that says I'm a cocker, a cap same, own gaffs, carry them on my dashbord, and have a yard full of cocks, as long as I don't have cocks and gaffs in my vehicle at the same time. I don't know where you're from, but in Texas, we keep quiet when ignorant. That way no one knows we're ignorant. There is no law prohibiting ownership of gamefowl in Texas. There is no law prohibiting ownership of fighting weapons. There is only a law prohibiting fighting animals. Intent my friend. As a lay person I can't expect you to know. Intent to own, buy or gift gaffs whose ownership is legal, does not imply "intent" to fight an animal. Since I know what the I'm talking about, I am not hiding behind code words such as "poultry shows" and "in the old days". We both love gamefowl. If we met, we would probably talk chickens for hours. But in my state, we are a proud and arrogant people who speak their mind. If some LE agency attempts to batter my door in and flashbang my home before their "dynamic entry" we have another tradition in Texas that makes that scenario very rare here. Its called firearm ownership or in my case "arsenal ownership". I own over 100 rifles and pistols and have thousands of round of ammo. In Texas we call that a collection. Maybe where you're from they call that 'a gun obsessed nut". I spent two hitches at Fort Cambell, Kentucky with the 5th Battalion Special Forces (Green Beret). So some part time tactical team wanting to arrest me for exercising the same freedom the pot heads use in "High Times" better call his wife and say he won't be home for supper, because I'm putting him in a cold box. The only restriction on your 1st Amendment is the one I see cockers self-impose. I'm in their damn face. I am a good, tax paying. flag waving, supporter of our troops, former service member who gave a kidney and an eye to my country. You whisper, while I roar for you!

18. Likes taipangamefowl, jimmyo, meanmug, mariojose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well said Hammerstrike44, plain and clear.

Post Thanks / Like

Very well said and also true. It's also the exact reason that the laws in Texas are being tightened. You wave it in people's faces long enough and they retaliate. You think the potheads wearing marijuana leaf t-shirts are the ones getting the laws relaxed? No, they are the ones making the movement harder for the attorneys, that is a fact.

21. Likes Lil Canyon Game liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

hammerstrike you said a mouthful.thats whats wrong now to much hush hush.im no lawyer but i am a proud american.when it gets where i cant own gamefowl or stand up and say what i want then i will find somewhere else where i can.all through history the timid and shy have always got the short end of the stick.if i go to jail for what i beleive in so be it ive been there before but i will stand up for what i beleive in.may seem ignorant to some but to me its my right. ps.thank you for your service to our country.
    Last edited by blades61; June 25th, 2011 at 08:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hammerstrike44,So the newly signed law doesn't make any of this illegal?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for clearing that up for all these sob's on here that are scared to death. Maybe they shouldn't own gamefowl if they're that paranoid.

Post Thanks / Like

Hammerstrike44, Thank you for your service to our country and god bless. ps nice collection keep it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cool_hand_luke View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up for all these sob's on here that are scared to death. Maybe they shouldn't own gamefowl if they're that paranoid.
    I dont know about you but small kids live in my house,i wouldnt want some law enforcemnt agecny breacking into my house in the middle of the night and scarring the **** out of them....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gallero626 View Post
    I dont know about you but small kids live in my house,i wouldnt want some law enforcemnt agecny breacking into my house in the middle of the night and scarring the **** out of them....
    So now they do all their cockfighting busts at midnight huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Augustmoon,

How much for the gaff in the picture?

Post Thanks / Like

luke... i ain't tryin to cross paths with you.. or anyone on here.. but if there really into chickens.. they'd know where to get some gaffs and knifes at.. they sure as hell wouldn't be askin random people... simple as that..... you can slice this pie anyway you want to but if they new people in the game cock world.. they'd find some...

yfis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Shuffle View Post
    luke... i ain't tryin to cross paths with you.. or anyone on here.. but if there really into chickens.. they'd know where to get some gaffs and knifes at.. they sure as hell wouldn't be askin random people... simple as that..... you can slice this pie anyway you want to but if they new people in the game cock world.. they'd find some...

yfis
    Im with you like one of those things " if you build it they will come" once you get into the sport you meet people....

and Luke Look up the Speedy Gonzalez raid of California.... they crack dwn hard here in california... no need to get of on the wrong foot...

Post Thanks / Like

Home made one piece gaffs

Last edited by Rigolleto; February 2nd, 2012 at 09:57 AM.

32. Likes mariojose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

you go boy.....WWWOOOWWW................................. ....................................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by augustmoonknife View Post
    i have some gaffs for sale.
    if you can send me picture i can copy them for you.
    Nice pattern. Is that a 1 1/2" ?