Thread: PERUVIAN GAMEFOWLS or BRAZILIAN GAMEFOWLS

Post Thanks / Like

PERUVIAN GAMEFOWLS or BRAZILIAN GAMEFOWLS

what is the difference of this kind of birds ? their area of distinction are very near . can these birds fight in the long knife ? and it seems that just only few of the breeders in america breed this kind of gamefowls.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PERUVIAN GAMEFOWLS or BRAZILIAN GAMEFOWLS

The Peruvians are Long knife birds but they are very big, HUGE actually. They were made up of Old English game, Oriental, French game and Spanish game. Many nice videos of them on youtube search gallos de la cancha.

Brazilians are pure orientals, They are mostly the tall slender type like Shamos and Thais but Asils are also popular in Brazil. Naked Heelers but can be graded for steel fighting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonio View Post
    The Peruvians are Long knife birds but they are very big, HUGE actually. They were made up of Old English game, Oriental, French game and Spanish game. Many nice videos of them on youtube search gallos de la cancha.

Brazilians are pure orientals, They are mostly the tall slender type like Shamos and Thais but Asils are also popular in Brazil. Naked Heelers but can be graded for steel fighting.
    sir tonio, so theres any possibilities that this peruvian fowls when crossed to medium type gamebirds be in its normal size ? example : peruvian x cowan or peruvian x any breed that is smaller kind.actually i never seen a pure peruvian gamefowls,just only in an internet,,,,yes they are fast and just one style of fighting,straight and cutting....do we have some of that at present in our country ? specially those pures ?

Post Thanks / Like

i've seen fght of peruvan gamefowl n youtube - very impresive and very fast but to big for pi cockfightng.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nels_51 View Post
    sir tonio, so theres any possibilities that this peruvian fowls when crossed to medium type gamebirds be in its normal size ? example : peruvian x cowan or peruvian x any breed that is smaller kind.actually i never seen a pure peruvian gamefowls,just only in an internet,,,,yes they are fast and just one style of fighting,straight and cutting....do we have some of that at present in our country ? specially those pures ?
    Yes, you can cross them to American breeds and they will get smaller after maybe 2 or 3 generations.

The Peruvians actually fight in two weapons. The no weight limit long knife and the weight limited "espuelas" these are the plastic spurs attached to both legs like they do in Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic.

I don't know any breeder here of Peruvian long knife giants as they are not practical for our rules.

Regards.

6. Likes Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i couldnt find the thread i was reading a year ago..on that thread some breeders in Pi are starting to infuse peruvian asils..
    mostly bought from a peruvian breeder..

let us see the outcome of this infusion..it's quite interesting!hmmmmmmmm..

Post Thanks / Like

If somebody can pm me an email or number who sells some peruvian here in the Philippines that would be a big help

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JAZEERA View Post
    i couldnt find the thread i was reading a year ago..on that thread some breeders in Pi are starting to infuse peruvian asils..
    mostly bought from a peruvian breeder..

let us see the outcome of this infusion..it's quite interesting!hmmmmmmmm..
    yes sir, its so interesting to see those birds fighting here in the philippines if it is already on a smaller size,they kill their opponent just by seconds.think they will be soon breed in our country.i do hope that p.i. breeders who had acquired those kind of gamebirds will come out and write here theior testimonies.god bless.

Post Thanks / Like

I have bred Brazilian's over Barnett Sweater and got really good chickens,you just have to wait for them to mature ther not good stag derby fowl......Coldsteel

1/2 BB sweater 1/2 Brazilian 1 time winner L/K on Coldsteel Game Farm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muscledean View Post
    I have bred Brazilian's over Barnett Sweater and got really good chickens,you just have to wait for them to mature ther not good stag derby fowl......Coldsteel

1/2 BB sweater 1/2 Brazilian 1 time winner L/K on Coldsteel Game Farm

thumbs up!

Post Thanks / Like

sir, you have breed a very good looking rooster ! at what age they are fighting good ?do you have some of these now ?do you try those of peruvian x bruce sweater ?

Angeles/Ilocos N/Zambales, http://www.bilihan.com.ph/forum/index.php, http://hencura.multiply.com
    Post Thanks / Like

February 28, 2012 arrived 6 pairs & other batch coming. Direct import.

For more pictures

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7567498&type=3

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OYF8iGXpJo&feature=related"]COLISEO LA CHACRITA 2011 - 2º CAMPEONATO - 3º SEMIFINAL - YouTube[/ame]

Angeles/Ilocos N/Zambales, http://www.bilihan.com.ph/forum/index.php, http://hencura.multiply.com
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice. I've seen many video fights like this, A huge big birds moving fast & full of power.

Post Thanks / Like

peruvians depending on the line will run 6-13lbs i have the 6lb line and they cross great over my american breeds normaly a 4lb line crossed with them will give me a 4.12-5lb bird. my brazilians run 4.13 and 5.6 lbs they cross great with graded jap and american lacy roundheads. they also cross well with asil cause it puts more leg in the asil. peruvians are more hardy built and brazilians are more slinder but still very stout. both are great lines and hope you can find you some man. good luck i hope this helped

Post Thanks / Like

peruvian are build for long knife, most of them are fast accurate cutters, a lot of raw power,and no endurance becouse there is no need for a log nike, brazilians for the other hand are slow ,good for naked hell , maybe good for gaff, bouth are bigne
    birds, there a one of the top tournement this year, with top breeders, no one sell fowl (at list good fowl,) you can see for yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

and There is no problem there if you want to bring your kids to the Pits (5.57m)... it is a family enviroment, and no extremist humane society allow

Post Thanks / Like

How game are Peruvian? Do they show them in short heel too?

Post Thanks / Like

id like to c them show n the sk I would think they would do good

Post Thanks / Like

The key with the Peruvians is to get them to 2kg. For Mexican and PH fights. Over 2.4kg. they won't be accepted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenciador View Post
    The key with the Peruvians is to get them to 2kg. For Mexican and PH fights. Over 2.4kg. they won't be accepted.
    they will b where I go bro

24. Thanks Sentenciador thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

well for SK, you need to put a small hatch hen, Peruvians, the ones i Know,are very good cutters but don't have stamina, if you match them with small high inbreed roundhead hen, that could give you small stags for LK, but you have to find a good blood, and that is really hard. There is A LOT of crooks there, the good breeders don't sell fowl,becouse most of them are healthy people and don't live with the chicken business, and second becouse there is plenty of tournaments all year around,and nobody wants to play against there own fowl. Try to check this utube channel, and you are going to realize there is few names who constantly get to the finals.if you can get in contact with one of those guys, maybe you can have a chance to get good a blood.