Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Grey in the USA

Post Thanks / Like

Best Grey in the USA

Wanting to buy the best, solid, smart grey TRIO in the US that can do it all for the Filipino show, pure or crossed. Need help from fellow cockers, any help would be appreciated.. WHO WOULD YOU RECOMMEND?????

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Grey in the USA

come on guys, help a fellow sabongero out. Who's grey would you recommend for the LK.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bad News View Post
    come on guys, help a fellow sabongero out. Who's grey would you recommend for the LK.......
    i can recomend you gene Batai's grey for me it works very well and they are very game...hope this will help..

Post Thanks / Like

bobby joe manziel and red fox farm has a good and best greys=]

Post Thanks / Like

if you're in PI you have so many choices amongs of the best of the best greys in town tested & proven in a big time derbies just to mention a few:
    - Frost & Manziel Greys of Tonio & Mica Romulo
    - Summit Greys source from Tonio & Mica Romulo
    - Regular Grey & Popeye Grey of Circle L Gamefarm (Joey Lacson)
    - Mayor Juancho G. Aguire - JGA Grey
    - NICAP Grey

6. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GG Crasher View Post
    if you're in PI you have so many choices amongs of the best of the best greys in town tested & proven in a big time derbies just to mention a few:
    - Frost & Manziel Greys of Tonio & Mica Romulo
    - Summit Greys source from Tonio & Mica Romulo
    - Regular Grey & Popeye Grey of Circle L Gamefarm (Joey Lacson)
    - Mayor Juancho G. Aguire - JGA Grey
    - NICAP Grey

I agree on this one!!! Why look any further... These are all well rounded do it all greys that have proven them selves in the Pit time and again...

8. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zychowax View Post
    I agree on this one!!! Why look any further... These are all well rounded do it all greys that have proven them selves in the Pit time and again...
    I already have a trio of perfection grey from Tonio. They were bred and have stags that are 5months old only. Just wanna cross tonio's perfection with the best lines from the States.

Post Thanks / Like

I already have a trio of perfection grey from Tonio. They were bred and have stags that are 5months old only. Just wanna cross tonio's perfection with the best lines from the States.
    Tonio's Grey are perfect as they are! Just like the name states... HHehhehehee why add another grey blood to it? I would suggest buying a good blood to cross it with for your battle crosses. And if you really want to infuse it with another grey blood, I guess tonio would be the best person to ask coz no one know his greys better than him. Just my 2cent sir.... I also like greys and I have my eye on a particular U.S. grey breeder... gudluck sir...

11. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zychowax View Post
    Tonio's Grey are perfect as they are! Just like the name states... HHehhehehee why add another grey blood to it? I would suggest buying a good blood to cross it with for your battle crosses. And if you really want to infuse it with another grey blood, I guess tonio would be the best person to ask coz no one know his greys better than him. Just my 2cent sir.... I also like greys and I have my eye on a particular U.S. grey breeder... gudluck sir...
    Who is that U.S. grey breeder if you dont mind me asking, Zychowax??????
    I send you a PM..

ises

the grey i've had luck with from the states is the albanygrey from rick stoncipher in kentucky. bought 3 grey stags from pancho garza in texas this yr, like them alot but haven't bred or fought htem yet. lancey dela torre's grey is pretty good in the pi (if he sells).

Post Thanks / Like

up lang po natin para d matabunan!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tambo View Post
    i can recomend you gene batai's grey for me it works very well and they are very game...hope this will help..
    ive heard gene batia's greys are good but even batia doesnt recommend them pure. He crosses them to his sweaters

Post Thanks / Like

mike posey and charlse "bubba" forte's red richardson grey in tennessee, tested and proven.
    kid

17. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob Bennett of Sparta,TN has about the best Grey's in this area!

19. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info everybody and more input please.
    What do you'll think of Ken Hutchinson Goode greys??????

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info everybody and more input please.
    What do you'll think of Ken Hutchinson Goode greys??????
    I've known Ken for many years. I am fortunate to have his greys and I like them. They are beautiful light legged Silver Greys.

22. Thanks Yunke8888, Second-2-None thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry thie is not ment to offend

But if you are happy with the Greys from Tonio why cross them up????? Why not improve them through selection and breeding??

Anyway back to topic Best Greys...... Jack Smith had some great Choc greys But I was told he has let all his fowl go due to health and age.
    Another who has Jacks Choc grey is Irishcutt, he is on this forum,he may or may not have any spare. I have the Choc grey crossed on asil from Irishcutt, I put under the clarets sometimes for battle cross they are nice.

If it is regular greys or them toppys then TOM HARGUS,

Hope this info helps ya
    Cheers

24. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

If you are looking to get the same thing in the US, my greys are Bobby Joe Manziel. He has not really been that active in recent years but when he was he was one of the best and most feared entries on the circuit. His Greys, like his fathers were second to none.

If you are looking to get from more active cockers, I have been watching many Mexican international derby dvds and there were many impressive greys. I was most impressed by the ones shown by R and R of Kerry Robertson, I believe they were Jumper Greys, consistent and hard hitting. Cedar Creek also won a big derby fighting mostly greys and they could cut and were game, came from behind against a tough Gene Batia bird to win the championship. Mule Train greys are doing very well but they strike me as rugged tough birds that may need to be crossed out for LK. Also if you are looking for something exotic, Mel Sims showed some high breaking black greys.

I would like to say though that I prefer crossing my greys on hatch fowl. Its what works for me.

tonio

26. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonio View Post
    Hi,

If you are looking to get the same thing in the US, my greys are Bobby Joe Manziel. He has not really been that active in recent years but when he was he was one of the best and most feared entries on the circuit. His Greys, like his fathers were second to none.

If you are looking to get from more active cockers, I have been watching many Mexican international derby dvds and there were many impressive greys. I was most impressed by the ones shown by R and R of Kerry Robertson, I believe they were Jumper Greys, consistent and hard hitting. Cedar Creek also won a big derby fighting mostly greys and they could cut and were game, came from behind against a tough Gene Batia bird to win the championship. Mule Train greys are doing very well but they strike me as rugged tough birds that may need to be crossed out for LK. Also if you are looking for something exotic, Mel Sims showed some high breaking black greys.

I would like to say though that I prefer crossing my greys on hatch fowl. Its what works for me.

tonio
    The Hutch Greys trace their roots back to the same fowl the Manziels got..but from what I've seen the Tonio Greys are as good of Lk cocks I have seen. If I was in the PI I would definitely give them a visit.

28. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

you already acquired good greys from a respective breeder, why dont try first fight this stag and see by yourself the result; if its ok just go on if not ask what is missing, this is just my opinion... cheers:

Post Thanks / Like

more info...........waiting for more response

Post Thanks / Like

breed the perfection to the manziel spangled mclean...fight the stags and breed the pullets to the manziel frost greys...mike and tonio has all this engredients...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon View Post
    breed the perfection to the manziel spangled mclean...fight the stags and breed the pullets to the manziel frost greys...mike and tonio has all this engredients...
    Don't have spangled but have tonio's mclean, breeding the perfection BC to Biboy JS sweaters will see the outcome in a year or so...i'll also breed perfection to mclean hen and do what you recommend, thanks Kogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie Harper,and the Ramsey's have some of the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef11 View Post
    are lonnie harpers. greys suitable for the style of l/k. has mr.harper played the l/k. i know he's dominated in the gaff, s/k. ?
    The ones I saw on the DVDs were rugged birds most got hit early but wold over power the opponent and come from behind. They did not strike me as LK birds. But they were indeed first class roosters, power cocks, great cutting and game. They even showed some yellow legged and white legged greys, which I assume were crosses, They were a little shiftier than the green legs but they still did not look like knife cocks, in fact I thought the green legged ones were better.

35. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

as posted by tonio, cedar creek greys are very good. they just won a mexican derby with 80+ entries showing grey cocks. contact jeff hudspeth of ronda, north carolina.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 73maagap View Post
    as posted by tonio, cedar creek greys are very good. they just won a mexican derby with 80+ entries showing grey cocks. contact jeff hudspeth of ronda, north carolina.

nice info

cockfighter_199

arent bamasports greys the shorty bullock

Post Thanks / Like

Bob Howard of Ohio has the Red Richardson Greys
    Bob Bennett of TN has the Regular Greys
    Charles Forte has the Greys.
    These are my favorite US grey breeders.

Post Thanks / Like

dead end grey is the best greys i know of alot of the greys mentioned above started as sweater mcguiniss greys and they added things to make them a little diff mule train espeicialy