Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out & Out Kelso

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Out & Out Kelso

i am looking for the old out & out kelso line yellow leg striaght comb lemon hackle had sum real good ones come out of north carolina now im looking for some more please let me know if you have any info??? thank you!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Out & Out Kelso

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy03 View Post
    i am looking for the old out & out kelso line yellow leg striaght comb lemon hackle had sum real good ones come out of north carolina now im looking for some more please let me know if you have any info??? thank you!!!
    cockmate i never heard of that out & out kelso straight comb yellow leg and a lemon hackle, as far as i know johnnie jumper has a out & out kelso but its white leg and jesse horta also call his sweater out & out...i might be wrong, but also i wanna know about this bloodline your talking about...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey heavy we have out and out kelso of that discription. They come white and yellow legged, the rest is what you have discribed. These fowl originaly came from Gus Frithhoif of texal, I belive he lived in Austin when my grandfather and his brothers purcahsed these kelsos and straight comb mclean hatchs. They bought the trios in 1982, there has not any new blood to these two old familys. They are inbreed and not fancy but they still get the job done. In 2002 and 2003 I bought two $1,000 dollars trios and recieved some good fowl but neither turned out to be as good as those to old familys. As the old saying goes if it aint broke dont fix it.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes agreed, this line does exist! I have them for a pretty long time. Back when Jumper was Jumper!(no disrespect but just not the same anymore) he had these and they are my opinion some of the best kelso. Powerfull!!!! They kick like a mule! Fast and smart birds, awesome cutting and get the job done! Gameness cannot be questioned, my fAmily and I have kept them pure bring in fresh blood by a great source (you know who u are ) i like them,and are great, they are yellow legged, light hackled, great medium station. Can be shown pure with great success. They do carry just a little drop of hatch blood, and when in bred you can get blue legged Kelso hens throwbacks! love them! here and there you get a yellow leged stag with a bit of blue coloring in legs! Those are amazing battle cocks! My broodpen consists of yellow legged out&out Kelso cock with blue legged hens from the same family, great yellow legged kelso just like u discribed them. Love them!

Anybody else also has these? Would love to know more about your version of them.

Keep 'em healthy

Post Thanks / Like

charles greer got some nice kelso's straight comb y.l lemon hackled rooster's just dont know if there out n out blood

Post Thanks / Like

the only out and out kelso known is from walter kelso and was white legs....

Post Thanks / Like

yes i got these kelso line they come white or yellow leg straight comb this are the old lines of joe goode
    they are very powerful very accurate body punchers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklodge View Post
    Yes agreed, this line does exist! I have them for a pretty long time. Back when Jumper was Jumper!(no disrespect but just not the same anymore) he had these and they are my opinion some of the best kelso. Powerfull!!!! They kick like a mule! Fast and smart birds, awesome cutting and get the job done! Gameness cannot be questioned, my fAmily and I have kept them pure bring in fresh blood by a great source (you know who u are ) i like them,and are great, they are yellow legged, light hackled, great medium station. Can be shown pure with great success. They do carry just a little drop of hatch blood, and when in bred you can get blue legged Kelso hens throwbacks! love them! here and there you get a yellow leged stag with a bit of blue coloring in legs! Those are amazing battle cocks! My broodpen consists of yellow legged out&out Kelso cock with blue legged hens from the same family, great yellow legged kelso just like u discribed them. Love them!

Anybody else also has these? Would love to know more about your version of them.

Keep 'em healthy
    thanks blacklodge would you have any of these fine fowl for sale im looking for a pair or trio

Post Thanks / Like

i have a line of out and outs that come yellow and pearl legged straight comb. come lemon hackle and some come darker and maroon like a claret color ,medium station lots of power and bottom and can cut corn head high lol fis stillbreaking

Post Thanks / Like

can you post some pics or vids of your out n out kelso sir Blacklodge? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklodge View Post

Keep 'em healthy

Post Thanks / Like

here's the interviewed of one known Filipino breeder of Kelso's Family, listen ... this will help you to give idea of wat Out and Out Kelso's look a like...from the Originally breed by Mr Walter Kelso to Mr Cecil Davis to Mr Jhonny Jumper...along the way as the year's goes by..Mr Cecil Davis and Mr Jhonny Jumper..infused some good blood line with them to avoid deep inbreeding...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfDrMhKqpCw

Post Thanks / Like

More info thanks fellas ........................

Post Thanks / Like

Any pics?
    Who breeds good out & out kelso...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbeezz View Post
    cockmate i never heard of that out & out kelso straight comb yellow leg and a lemon hackle, as far as i know johnnie jumper has a out & out kelso but its white leg and jesse horta also call his sweater out & out...i might be wrong, but also i wanna know about this bloodline your talking about...
    This quote a was from Mr Jumper, most out n out are straight comb that was breed by Walter Kelso with out n out marking. However sometime there were peacomb that come and these peacomb out n out was the one that Cecil Davis brought to Johnnie Jumper for him to breed. So mostly Mr Jumper's out n out kelso are peacomb becuse of these, once in a while they throwed in some straight comb.

Post Thanks / Like

Let us not be confused! Out and Out Kelsos come out dark red, straight comb and white legs. The Kelsos that come out lemon hackled, peacomb and yellow legs are called the Broke Wing Kelsos! Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

contact sonny poe from alabama.he has what your looking for.he has a ad in the gamecock

Post Thanks / Like

Just like "La Cagayanon" replied: O/O Kelso is dark red straight comb white legs. If you want this type they still exist, but not to many people who show want these because they don't show u flash like the peacomb. I prefer and have the straight comb which people think are clarets!

Post Thanks / Like

You are right john_smith! Some people think they are clarets. It is because both bloodlines came from Whitehackle line! I also prefer the O & O Kelsos!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Out & Out Kelso

Quote Originally Posted by la cagayanon View Post
    you are right john_smith! Some people think they are clarets. It is because both bloodlines came from whitehackle line! I also prefer the o & o kelsos!
    you ask john fowler line for yellow lgged kelso....for your information....bro ..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calikid_310 View Post
    Any pics?
    Who breeds good out & out kelso...?
    I know who breed good out and out kelso!! The one and only Johnie Jumper..

Post Thanks / Like

bump who still breeds this bloodline pm me if you do.. thanks..

Post Thanks / Like

The Brokewing cock that W.A. Kelso owned was a Out & Out Kelso as per the article by Don of Southern Cross Farms did at Cecil Davis's death.Cecil never considered them a seperate subfamily.I do believe in that article it was stated that the Brokewing cock was staight combed and yellow legged.Not trying to stir any feathers as I did not write the article.I also remember the article stated at the time Cecil started breeding the Kelso's they mostly came straight combed but by breeding to the peacomb side he reversed that trend.Just something to think about.

Post Thanks / Like

Out-and-Out Kelso comes black breasted reds ranging from mahogany to light red with their white or yellow legs, pea or straight comb.
    They were just marked outside web of both feet.
    Last edited by Copycat; June 25th, 2011 at 10:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like John O'Fowler out & out kelsos.... don't know who breeds them though.

Post Thanks / Like

i also have the out and out straight comb yellow ledg like you described got 1 pure cock left lost all the hens im breeding him to a worthington kelso also have hime bred oover grey and got some chicks thatare 3/4 out and out kelso 1/4 doc robinson hatch

Post Thanks / Like

east side farms have out & out kelso from john o'fowler come straight and pea comb wl and yl

Post Thanks / Like

According to John O'Fowler the original out-out Kelsos were straight comb yellow legged birds. They carried Wilkins Typewritter (blue) blood. Later a Pcomb Marsh cock was added and they started to come pcomb white legs.

And yeah your best bet for the old type out and outs would be Eastside farm since they are from the same town as John O'Fowler. I met Ty Kennedy (Jimmy East grandson) at Araneta last year and he was really a nice guy.
    Last edited by tonio; June 25th, 2011 at 02:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonio View Post
    According to John O'Fowler the original out-out Kelsos were straight comb yellow legged birds. They carried Wilkins Typewritter (blue) blood. Later a Pcomb Marsh cock was added and they started to come pcomb white legs.

And yeah your best bet for the old type out and outs would be Eastside farm since they are from the same town as John O'Fowler. I met Ty Kennedy (Jimmy East grandson) at Araneta last year and he was really a nice guy.
    Tonio, you seem very familiar with Kelso blood --I salute you sir. How about Kelso Cecil Davis old blood, do they come peacomb or straight?

Post Thanks / Like

The typewriter blue of Judge Wilkins was combination blood of Marsh Butcher cock and Irish blue hens of James Oakley of Alabama. This typewriter blue cock was mated to Mclanahan's claret roundhead (Mclanahan).
    This produced cock they called Yankee Clipper. This Yankee Clipper was mated to a kelso hen (Left-Out Kelso Hen) which was a 1/2 Murphy, 1/4 Typewriter and 1/4 Mclanahan. Thus, it produced the out-and-out kelso - 1/2 Yankee Clipper, 1/4 Muphy, 1/8 Typewriter andd 1/8 Mclanahan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reli View Post
    Tonio, you seem very familiar with Kelso blood --I salute you sir. How about Kelso Cecil Davis old blood, do they come peacomb or straight?
    Thanks, I just read a lot of "comic books" hehehe, not really that familiar with kelso blood on a personal level.

Cecil Davis used to walk the roosters of Walter Kelso, so he had all versions of the kelso fowl. I guess it would depend what family you got. Jumper got his start with Cecil so I imagine there stuff would look similar

Quote Originally Posted by Copycat View Post
    The typewriter blue of Judge Wilkins was combination blood of Marsh Butcher cock and Irish blue hens of James Oakley of Alabama. This typewriter blue cock was mated to Mclanahan's claret roundhead (Mclanahan).
    This produced cock they called Yankee Clipper. This Yankee Clipper was mated to a kelso hen (Left-Out Kelso Hen) which was a 1/2 Murphy, 1/4 Typewriter and 1/4 Mclanahan. Thus, it produced the out-and-out kelso - 1/2 Yankee Clipper, 1/4 Muphy, 1/8 Typewriter andd 1/8 Mclanahan.
    There it is! thanks