Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O.W. Lanier fowls

Post Thanks / Like

O.W. Lanier fowls

does anyone know about OW Lanier fowls? i heard from a friend that he has shown a lot of good fowls in sunset club. is that true and what is his record? my described one of his fowls won in just one buckle in sunset club. is he still breeding up to this time? thanks a lot for any input.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: O.W. Lanier fowls

there's a few i know who still keep his shelton's in top competition level...victor sierra was unbeatable before he messed them up with the sweaters...a friend in oklahoma still winning and sell everything that he cannot use...jay gentry's shelton rh is competing popularity with his showtime kelso...and yours truly
    is one of the favorite bloodline that is stolen in the farm...nothing for sale...

Post Thanks / Like

Bad Karma is a mutha****a idnt Kogz?

Post Thanks / Like

His greys are easy on the eyes but I can't tell u how they perform. I've seen the roundheads in action and they were pretty good. The ones I saw were very young in my opinion and did good. once again my opinion only but I will say they cut good. I saw 3 young stags in Mexico.

Post Thanks / Like

An O.W. Shelton RH from Jay Gentry (Springwater)
    http://ryanabrenica.multiply.com/pho...dcocks#photo=4

Jay Gentry during a recent visit to my farm...
    http://ryanabrenica.multiply.com/pho...iends#photo=48

These O.W. Sheltons are very aggressive fowls that breaks high and cuts well. They won't leave you too in the drag. Crossed on other RH's and the Claret and a "good" Sweater blood, they will produce outstanding battlefowls...LOL

Post Thanks / Like

O.W's winning line

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    I think he quit breeding. Mike Lanier his grandson would have some. If you can spot the good ones they are super birds.... He has a couple of Roundheads. Basically Lacy's that they got from Shelton.
    Some carry different blood. So good luck. The price tag is $2,500-$3,000 trio

I started with Lanier Rh and made it my own. They are GAME and cut good. Break is good. tooo agressive for p.i fighting so you need to know how to use them. I got them to be really pretty and taller... So much more refined..

Kogs, hehehe... No more sweater. Im back to the old
    Remember the 6 straight we had in bakbakan elim years back. Where you financed the birds. The one buckle and its over roundheads. There back 6 stag 110t pot champion and 3 time cvba 7 stag in the money champion. hehehe.

BEst,
    Victor

Post Thanks / Like

.......... how can i forget this little 1.8kg ow rh my friend victor s. showed during our

asso. anniversary 4-cock derby. he was matched against a sweater looking

bird of our district's member of the house of representatives. when released

they met high up in the air, both birds feet out and away from their bodies ,

throwing their best punches at each other from the air down to the ground.

and my goodness, its all over after that !!!

i was asking myself , how could a small 1.8kg bird demolish and kill his opponent

in 1-fly ??? and all i got from my friend victor is CUTTING BAI !!! afterwhich ,

he told me that that was his 2nd win and in the same fashion.... WOW !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by victor View Post
    Hi,
    I think he quit breeding. Mike Lanier his grandson would have some. If you can spot the good ones they are super birds.... He has a couple of Roundheads. Basically Lacy's that they got from Shelton.

I started with Lanier Rh and made it my own. They are GAME and cut good. Break is good. tooo agressive for p.i fighting so you need to know how to use them. I got them to be really pretty and taller... So much more refined..

Remember the 6 straight we had in bakbakan elim years back. Where you financed the birds. The one buckle and its over roundheads. There back 6 stag 110t pot champion and 3 time cvba 7 stag in the money champion. hehehe.

BEst,
    Victor
    im glad they are back because i really enjoyed watching them fight in the pit and putting a lil money in my pocket...i am blending mine with dan grays and allens and lance red foot...i think roundhead is the future
    in longknife...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aristocrassy View Post
    O.W's winning line

this tractor is now in the farm of leon morgan correct if im wrong i know the story about this
    good luck

Post Thanks / Like

O.W LACY ROUNDHEAD BROODHEN

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

BEst,
    Victor
    O.W. is back to breeding on a small scale now. When you have raised as long as he has, its hard to quit completely. Ive heard Victor has improved and refined those O.W. to be more suited to philippine style.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post
    O.W. is back to breeding on a small scale now. When you have raised as long as he has, its hard to quit completely. Ive heard Victor has improved and refined those O.W. to be more suited to philippine style.
    Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 73maagap View Post
    does anyone know about OW Lanier fowls? i heard from a friend that he has shown a lot of good fowls in sunset club. is that true and what is his record? my described one of his fowls won in just one buckle in sunset club. is he still breeding up to this time? thanks a lot for any input.

he used to be winning a lot at sunset with those shelton's...but lost them all after he retired...he's breeding again in a small scale but i boubt if he still have the same fowls...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by super fly View Post
    An O.W. Shelton RH from Jay Gentry (Springwater)
    http://ryanabrenica.multiply.com/pho...dcocks#photo=4

Jay Gentry during a recent visit to my farm...
    http://ryanabrenica.multiply.com/pho...iends#photo=48

These O.W. Sheltons are very aggressive fowls that breaks high and cuts well. They won't leave you too in the drag. Crossed on other RH's and the Claret and a "good" Sweater blood, they will produce outstanding battlefowls...LOL
    Atty. Ryan thanks for your hospitality during our visit.I really do appreciated it,we will see you again this coming October

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

thanks a lot gentlemen cockers for the input. really informative. i know some people have what he calls magnum hatch and greys.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

BEst,
    Victor
    Pres,

I don't think there is anything wrong with your Lanier RH/Sweater cross, they are just not for the stag fights as most DF Sweaters are. Their high station is also working against them in the stags. Age them a bit and those will be real good...

Post Thanks / Like

What ever happened to their Doms? They were the best LK cocks in the US at one point. I saw them win Bayou real easy. What kind of Doms were they?

I raised a few but the pures were always hard to raise and very frail as chcks. But they were pretty complete fighters with cut and some gameness to spare.

Post Thanks / Like

OW's brother also has them. His farm is/was in Pampanga.
    He cut down his breeding last year.
    Actually Richard is an Hatch man and some of those are really good.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys,Do you have any ideas about the breeding of their Magnum Greys?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon View Post
    he used to be winning a lot at sunset with those shelton's...but lost them all after he retired...he's breeding again in a small scale but i boubt if he still have the same fowls...
    Actually he was able to get most of his old breeds back from Mike and others he let have them when he got out of breeding for awhile. He had given me a trio of the roundhead when he got out and I gave him those exact trio back when he went back to breeding. I know Mike gave him some of the same trios back also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon View Post
    thanks for the info sir kogmohon. i appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys,
    Ill try to answer acouple of questions...
    Tonio, I think Mike still raises a few doms... Im not sure... We talked about sending some to me when he was here staying with me in cebu But he said it might not work out because the doms are very cool and lacked aggression. We might have problems with them NOT pecking with the way our sentenciador is here. He said in the States its no problem because your the one that bill em....
    I still want to play around with them though... I think what you got were heavy in RH... That's why theyre soo good

Attorney Ryan,
    Yes I know that.... In fact we did 4w-1l in the last pamasco... Using sweater-rh. They are TALL and beautiful... When there stags they are not as effective...

What Kogs means about me messing around with sweaters is when I had them Bryan Corkren blood, Slick Lizard and Bobby farichild Sweaters. hehehe. They didnt work out to well. AND with me fighting just about every derby I learn fast on what wins and not. hehehe.

Victor

Post Thanks / Like

Star Cross,
    I really think richard Laniers birds were so different than what I saw with Mikes....
    Richards back in the U.S...

Hi Fred,
    I had his magnums and his greys. First off, them greys cant win here in the P.I... They are basically old Bullock greys.. I tried every possible way... They just had this hit me then I hit you tyoe mentality. They were deeepp game but lacked ability to win in our type of fighting. They were too slow just too much defects... They needed to come from behind to win almost all the time...

As for the magnums, I still think they are the best hatches I had my hands on... I didnt appreciate it years back but now I think of the hatches now they werent as good as the magnums for crossing. The magnums are so game, hit hard. They lacked ability and cut but when you cross them they are sooo good. The most I like about the magnums is that they TRANSMIT the 2 traits everytime I breed them. Which is POWER and GAMENESS...

Jay,
    How come you didnt visit me when you came to Cebu????? Attorney told me you were coming... Wanted to talk chicken... And Show you some Roundheads I bred up...

Best,
    Victor

Post Thanks / Like

Victor,
    Bai, I spoke with OW and Mike a few months ago when they were trying to ship some brood chicken to Ben M. I live close from OW and he still has a few chicken in his yard.
    The best knife chicken I saw them fight were the Dom Rhead crosses. You can never tell they have dom blood in them unless you look really close. They can cut real good but Mike said that the Doms are too big in size and is hard to breed. You are right about their greys, you cannot win with them in the knife because they are gaff chicken.

R

Post Thanks / Like

Attorney Ryan,
    Yes I know that.... In fact we did 4w-1l in the last pamasco... Using sweater-rh. They are TALL and beautiful... When there stags they are not as effective...

What Kogs means about me messing around with sweaters is when I had them Bryan Corkren blood, Slick Lizard and Bobby farichild Sweaters. hehehe. They didnt work out to well. AND with me fighting just about every derby I learn fast on what wins and not. hehehe.

Victor[/QUOTE]

Pres,

Fight a lot of those I saw you spar at your farm and you will win a lot. Tulo laway ko sa sparring nila. Told Jay Gentry bout them and how you have tremendously improved the RH's of OW. You saw what I got from Jay and ang layo na sa itsura nung sayo,hehehe...

Ninong Jun warned me bout fighting a lot of the Dink blood in the stags. It's a different story when they turn into bullstags and cocks. Sorry I wasn't able to fight the pamasko, my farmhands got drunk from the xmas party and let the cocks fight it out in the cord the next morning, hahaha. I could not complain coz i was drinking with them the night before. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys,
    Ill try to answer acouple of questions...
    Tonio, I think Mike still raises a few doms... Im not sure... We talked about sending some to me when he was here staying with me in cebu But he said it might not work out because the doms are very cool and lacked aggression. We might have problems with them NOT pecking with the way our sentenciador is here. He said in the States its no problem because your the one that bill em....
    I still want to play around with them though... I think what you got were heavy in RH... That's why theyre soo good
    Victor
    The rooster I got at Bayou was a 1/2 and 1/2 Dom-RH. They did not cross well with just about anything, very hard to breed and when I inbred them they threw too many culls. The best ones i had were three quarters roundhead, I also had some good ones that were crossed on spangle. But I never got world beaters like the ones I saw in Bayou. Like Roadman said best knife chickens! Hands down, we were driving to the derby with Bobby Joe Manziel and the whole way there he told us that the best knife chickens were these Doms and wouldn't you know it they won the derby in straight fights!

Post Thanks / Like

Star Cross,
    I really think richard Laniers birds were so different than what I saw with Mikes....
    Richards back in the U.S...

Hi Fred,
    I had his magnums and his greys. First off, them greys cant win here in the P.I... They are basically old Bullock greys.. I tried every possible way... They just had this hit me then I hit you tyoe mentality. They were deeepp game but lacked ability to win in our type of fighting. They were too slow just too much defects... They needed to come from behind to win almost all the time...

As for the magnums, I still think they are the best hatches I had my hands on... I didnt appreciate it years back but now I think of the hatches now they werent as good as the magnums for crossing. The magnums are so game, hit hard. They lacked ability and cut but when you cross them they are sooo good. The most I like about the magnums is that they TRANSMIT the 2 traits everytime I breed them. Which is POWER and GAMENESS...

Jay,
    How come you didnt visit me when you came to Cebu????? Attorney told me you were coming... Wanted to talk chicken... And Show you some Roundheads I bred up...

Best,
    Victor
    Victor,
    Thank you for the insights about the magnum greys.

Frederick

Post Thanks / Like

Hello to all,

My friend before working to Richard and last richard stop breeding. All the breeding material left to my friend. If you want some breeding materials I can help you...

Yhan