Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mule Train Greys

Post Thanks / Like

Mule Train Greys

anyone knows a honest breeder who has this bloodline in the states???would like to own a line of the mule trains...thanks.

2. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mule Train Greys

Lonnie Harper has them... He has done very good with them winning derbies...

4. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

hi Nayarit4 but do you have Mr. Lonnie Harpers number by any chance???thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris76south View Post
    hi Nayarit4 but do you have Mr. Lonnie Harpers number by any chance???thanks
    i would also like 2 noe please

Post Thanks / Like

I just purchased two stags and a1yr pullet from my partner.that are very nice I know rick beal rjb gamefowl used to breed them.that is where mine originally came from

8. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef11 View Post
    chris76 south...yes lonnie has good greys. i tied and handle lonnie's entry in sunset in l/k. he used lacy kelso, hatch kelso. we went 7-1 . this is the first time lonnie harper posted an awesome record in l/k. i was with bobby harisa of honolulu,hi. i know he has lonnie's ph #. contact him.

shadow of the witch dr.
    Would you mind revealing exatly what year that was?

C G

10. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Mule Train Greys

Can anyone here show us how we can get hold of Mr. Lonie Harper is much appreciated???

Post Thanks / Like

Call gene batia he has it and will give it 2 you easy

13. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Next time you guys better use the search icon. Here's the telephone number if it's still good. Home (615) 382-8397 and CP (615)) 812-3967. Those numbers are from previous post that I kept.

15. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I posted on here a little about his Greys and Hatch fowl that came from a Grit & Steel interview. His Greys came from Mr Ed Batey , who got them from Mr Odom from Oklahoma who got them from Sweater direct ... His Hatch fowl that he is so high on came from Oscar Akins , who got them from Richard Bates , who got them from Kemper Marley .. Kemper just called them "Double Lefts" and would cringe when Lonnie called them "Bates Hatch"..lol ... anyway, hope this helps in your homework.

17. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef11 View Post
    it was either 1993-1994.it was a while ago.
    First i showed in most of the lk derbies in the 90's at sunset.Second i would bet my socks Lonnie never owned a kelso at least never raised any.Third Bob Short who basicaly owned Mule Train entry did not like the lk or sk and would not show in them.Forth i used there cock house more than once because they where not showing that month because it would be all knife derby.5th Lonnie's farm is 20 min from me.Been knowing him since he was a teenager.Now when i see him next i will ask him whose roosters he was showing in the derby that you handled.I can remember it happening and remember they had a philippino tying for them.I am thinking Skeeter B and Joe C where with him.

C G

19. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ridgerunner, Howdy ... Just to clear some things up, ( not to dispute what your saying) .. Is Lonnie now solo as Mule Train ??.. I do see where you said Bob Short did not like L/K or S/K .. but Mule Train is a constant entry in Ol Mexico and I highly doubt they are showing gaffs ??? .. So I assume Bob Short (if he's still alive) no longer calls the shots ??.. Also when did Scott Baird start feeding for Lonnie ?, was it a one time deal (Derby winners in Mex) or is he still feeding for Lonnie ?... That guy Scott has fed for some world class acts .. seems like success fallows him like a shadow.

21. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
    Ridgerunner, Howdy ... Just to clear some things up, ( not to dispute what your saying) .. Is Lonnie now solo as Mule Train ??.. I do see where you said Bob Short did not like L/K or S/K .. but Mule Train is a constant entry in Ol Mexico and I highly doubt they are showing gaffs ??? .. So I assume Bob Short (if he's still alive) no longer calls the shots ??.. Also when did Scott Baird start feeding for Lonnie ?, was it a one time deal (Derby winners in Mex) or is he still feeding for Lonnie ?... That guy Scott has fed for some world class acts .. seems like success fallows him like a shadow.
    Bob was a multy millionaire and a real good chicken man who did not mind spending money.And a real nice guy.Bob passed away early 2000's.Yes i think he is solo,do not know what kind of deal he has with Scott they have been showing together quite awhile.Have know Scott for a long time mostly from meeting in the pit yrs ago when he was with Jerry Ellard.Lonnie has also shown some with Gene Brown at bayou back when. Scott is a great feeder.Don't hold me to the date Bob passed i will have to check on that.
    Charles Greer

23. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have older and current issues of G & S and G.C. (<--- PRE 2003)... That Scott is like a highly sought after mercenary ..lmao .. I was trying to do a little side by side comparison between him and Mike Ramsey (just for myself) using the older score cards .. Mike did it 90% in Gaff , Scott did it in every heel , several differant camps, and in 3 different countries .. What I'd give to go through a few keeps with Scott... *sigh*

25. Likes danitor, Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Scott was always one of the better feeders. Good example of finding what part of the sport you like and specializing in it. He didn't worry about breeding or raising lots of roosters to take time away from his conditioning. He was able to go to farms of some of the biggest names in gamefowl and select a show from hundreds. Then go to another farm and do the same. His conditioning skill was in high demand from a lot of breeders, and thus was able to choose only the best of the best to condition. He was definitely one of the more successful breeders and always got the birds to fight to their full potential. This is why he was so sought after.

27. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Scott is the only feeder that flew his birds days before the fight and still ending up winning the World Slasher in 1995. And please consider the fact that the long knife isthe least that he liked to show. I'd like to dub him as the "American Mansanares".

spangle
    Hoosier Cut Gamefarm

29. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

all I know is that dude has his pic as "feeder" on more winning entries then anyone ... I have about 5-6 Grit and Steels with Sammy and Mike Ramsey interviews going on and on about them winning this and that.. and all due respect to them..really, being serious ... but when it comes to winning numerous Derby's at high levels in EVERY weapon across 3 different countrys...come on , thats a NO BRAINIER (and I'm going to bug the sh&t out of him , tho very calculated , for that Simmy Keep till he sells it to me, or tells me to go phuck off and never call him again..lmao)

31. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I posted on here a little about his Greys and Hatch fowl that came from a Grit & Steel interview. His Greys came from Mr Ed Batey , who got them from Mr Odom from Oklahoma who got them from Sweater direct ... His Hatch fowl that he is so high on came from Oscar Akins , who got them from Richard Bates , who got them from Kemper Marley .. Kemper just called them "Double Lefts" and would cringe when Lonnie called them "Bates Hatch"..lol ... anyway, hope this helps in your homework.

Does anyone know what "kind" of Greys they are (Regular, Perfection etc...)?
    Last edited by DPotter; March 15th, 2011 at 11:41 AM.

33. Likes kickin_chicken liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

you missed it ????!!!!!.. says right there in the second sentence sir.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Mule Train Greys

Thank you Mr. CAMARINES for sharing the tel. number of Mr. Lonie harper here.....

Salamat po

Post Thanks / Like

thanks cramarines, i spoke to Mr. Lonnie Harper and boy his pure Mule Trains aint cheap but hopefully worth it and at the end it will pay off when i get them in my hands.

37. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Mule Train Greys

How much is his Trios of Greys???

Post Thanks / Like

you missed it ????!!!!!.. says right there in the second sentence sir.
    DesertRat,

I guess I don't know my breed history as well as you but if you're saying they are Sweater Greys, didn't Sweater get his Greys from Madigan and didn't Madigan have something to do with both the Regular and Perfection Greys. Just looking for information here. Trying to learn more about the Greys that came from Mr. Ed Batey.

Thanks,
    Don Potter Jr.

40. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Would they have some of the Bob Bennet blood?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DPotter View Post
    DesertRat,

I guess I don't know my breed history as well as you but if you're saying they are Sweater Greys, didn't Sweater get his Greys from Madigan and didn't Madigan have something to do with both the Regular and Perfection Greys. Just looking for information here. Trying to learn more about the Greys that came from Mr. Ed Batey.

Thanks,
    Don Potter Jr.
    Sir , I'm afraid I'm in the infant stage of learning about gamefowl and my knowledge does not take me that far back with the beginnings of most , if not all these famous lines.
    Last edited by DesertRat; March 16th, 2011 at 05:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tweety-Doo View Post
    How much is his Trios of Greys???
    as i was told by Mr. Lonnie Harper he said pure trios go for $1,500...

44. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris , think about it like this.. there are probably 100's of "breeders" that run adds in the mags or on the net that try to sell you a "name" of a guy that made "that line" famous 20+ years ago for around that cost, .. If you went with Lonnie direct ,you'd be getting something that is in the NOW .. and thats worth every penny .. remember this saying .. " The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten " .. best of luck in whatever you choose.

46. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes danitor, Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris76south View Post
    as i was told by Mr. Lonnie Harper he said pure trios go for $1,500...
    Home (615) 382-8397 and CP (615)) 812-3967. which number did you use to contact mr Harper?

Thanks,
    Oscar

48. Likes jamiepaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mr. Chris76South for the information.....WOW...your are right its quite pricey!!!! for $1,500. But Im sure there are Breeder's who has enough budget can afford it. But probably there will be some Breeders around who also has the MULE TRAIN GREYS that we might be able to get at a more reasonable price........we just have to keep our ears open and just keep asking around until we can verify authenticity of the showfowl is really the Mule Train Greys!!!

Thank you once again

50. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

there worth every penny get it penny .lol

52. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post