Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: strictly Stuart YLH...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: strictly Stuart YLH...

Quote Originally Posted by daevan View Post
    who have a authentic stuart ylh in PI. a wine red peacom with white underhackles? THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS... daevan

yuo been showed by our cockmates authentic stewart YLH ,if you're not satisfied, ,, visit nene abello farm in negros occ , he got a lot of authentic stewart from carol nesmith ..tnx

Post Thanks / Like

oh my God I'm so sorry... no sir,I'm perfectly contented with what they posted,only looking and leaving something to choice. anyway thank you very much for the info sir tebs God bless you and your family...daevan

Post Thanks / Like

please post more pics.............

Post Thanks / Like

STUART YLEG HATCH THE REAL ONES

Post Thanks / Like

ANOTHER STUART YLH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tebs69 View Post
    yuo been showed by our cockmates authentic stewart YLH ,if you're not satisfied, ,, visit nene abello farm in negros occ , he got a lot of authentic stewart from carol nesmith ..tnx
    hello bro tebs how are you?maybe this one is not real stuart ylh no white streamers

original nene abello stuart yellow leg hatch 2x winner (1x in cadelaria)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Radargf View Post
    hello bro tebs how are you?maybe this one is not real stuart ylh no white streamers

i got one this bird the real stuartylh 3xwinner its a darker one gifted to me by my friend very good bird hard hitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Radargf View Post

hmmmm.....along with picture cock avatar....for sure their offspring will also inherit the winning edge of their parents...

good luck for the upcoming stag fest...

Post Thanks / Like

Let me share a little bit of what I know about the Clarence Stewart Hatch (may not be 100% accurate but this is what I was told about them). Clarence got his birds from Jack Walton - those are the dark red, Yellow Legged Waltons known as the bonecrushers (these are the original bonecrusher hatch). It was either Massey or Paul Harvey that coined the word bonecrusher. The cocks are yellow legged and some of the pullets came green legged and the old timers who acquired them would breed toward YL or GL depending on what they like, but basically they were of the same blood. Even Sanford hatch the originator preferred and showed the YLs and not the GL ones that he is famous for now. But going back to the Stewarts, Ray Hoskins and Clarence, both from Texas, are very closed friends, they are like brothers. They shared and exchanged brood materials and these birds now come mostly PC, YL, some are lighter reds with white streamers on tails and wings and white underhackles (Ray also kept the dark red color from the original stewart/waltons, so the Hoskins now comes both light red, lemon hackled and also dark wine red). Someone here said that they look like Oakgrove hatch. Yes, because Gene Browne (Oakgrove) got his YLH from his family doctor Doc Robinson and Doc Robinson got his first ones from Clarence Stewart..
    Last edited by Engkanto; August 25th, 2011 at 02:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Radargf;3805925]hello bro tebs how are you?maybe this one is not real stuart ylh no white streamers

[/QUOTE

oks lng sir,, in peace of mind , tnx..

very good stewart you got, very good producer ..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Engkanto View Post
    Let me share a little bit of what I know about the Clarence Stewart Hatch (may not be 100% accurate but this is what I was told about them). Clarence got his birds from Jack Walton - those are the dark red, Yellow Legged Waltons known as the bonecrushers (these are the original bonecrusher hatch). It was either Massey or Paul Harvey that coined the word bonecrusher. The cocks are yellow legged and some of the pullets came green legged and the old timers who acquired them would breed toward YL or GL depending on what they like, but basically they were of the same blood. Even Sanford hatch the originator preferred and showed the YLs and not the GL ones that he is famous for now. But going back to the Stewarts, Ray Hoskins and Clarence, both from Texas, are very closed friends, they are like brothers. They shared and exchanged brood materials and these birds now come mostly PC, YL, some are lighter reds with white streamers on tails and wings and white underhackles (Ray also kept the dark red color from the original stewart/waltons, so the Hoskins now comes both light red, lemon hackled and also dark wine red). Someone here said that they look like Oakgrove hatch. Yes, because Gene Browne (Oakgrove) got his YLH from his family doctor Doc Robinson and Doc Robinson got his first ones from Clarence Stewart..
    nice input i also heard this story but as u can see now the ray hoskin ylm and stuart ylh now is completely being bred by other breeders differently the performance is completely different how about your gene f hoskin ylm are they same as your jerry d stewart?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harry View Post
    nice input i also heard this story but as u can see now the ray hoskin ylm and stuart ylh now is completely being bred by other breeders differently the performance is completely different how about your gene f hoskin ylm are they same as your jerry d stewart?
    Thank you Harry,

I agree 100%. YLMs and the Stewarts maybe a lot different now than what they used to be when Clarence and Ray were breeding them. Although there maybe a few old timers who are keeping them as close as possible to the originals (i.e., physical traits and overall ability), most breeders of these lines now will breed according to their liking .

The Stewart I got from Jerry Dupree according to him are his Oakgrove family. My own YLH family now is heavy on Stewart blood. The stags come dark wine red with white streamers on tails, they have sleeker body conformation than the YLMs and some have smaller heads. All the hens are light wheaten in color with some white on feathers. Gene's YLMs have wider backs, bigger boned and they come both light red, lemon hackled and also wine red in color and dark hackled. The hens can come wheaten and dark red (partridge?). I have some of Gene's birds posted in my gallery. Gene still keeps the Stewart line he got from Ray and would cross the YLM with Stewart from time to time.

Here is a Hoskins - Stewart young stag he gifted me earlier this year. He's on heavy moult now so I'm posting his older picture.

Some older pictures of my YLH (Stewarts).

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Harry,

I agree 100%. YLMs and the Stewarts maybe a lot different now than what they used to be when Clarence and Ray were breeding them. Although there maybe a few old timers who are keeping them as close as possible to the originals (i.e., physical traits and overall ability), most breeders of these lines now will breed according to their liking .

The Stewart I got from Jerry Dupree according to him are his Oakgrove family. My own YLH family now is heavy on Stewart blood. The stags come dark wine red with white streamers on tails, they have sleeker body conformation than the YLMs and some have smaller heads. All the hens are light wheaten in color with some white on feathers. Gene's YLMs have wider backs, bigger boned and they come both light red, lemon hackled and also wine red in color and dark hackled. The hens can come wheaten and dark red (partridge?). I have some of Gene's birds posted in my gallery. Gene still keeps the Stewart line he got from Ray and would cross the YLM with Stewart from time to time.

Here is a Hoskins - Stewart young stag he gifted me earlier this year. He's on heavy moult now so I'm posting his older picture.

nice stewart i like the first pics looks like a spangle

Post Thanks / Like

Stuart x Possum - Bakbakan banded

Post Thanks / Like

Stuart x Possum - Bakbakan banded

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Harry,

Nice Yellow leg hatc Edwin ether of the light hackle and dark are a beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reslingblade View Post
    Nice Yellow leg hatc Edwin ether of the light hackle and dark are a beauty
    Thanks Reslingblade.

Harry, the first one that looks spangled is a Hoskins-Stewart blend from Gene. I'm planning to breed him into my existing YLH family next season to put more Hoskins blood into mine. Would also love to have some spangled YLMs (my inbred YLHs when bred to my red Albany would throw spangled offsprings and I'm thinking I probably have a better chance of getting spangles with this stag). Btw, your Stewart rooster looks awesome.

Thanks again guys!
    Last edited by Engkanto; August 25th, 2011 at 08:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Reslingblade.

Harry, the first one that looks spangled is a Hoskins-Stewart blend from Gene. I'm planning to breed him into my existing YLH family next season to put more Hoskins blood into mine. Would also love to have some spangled YLMs (my inbred YLHs when bred to my red Albany would throw spangled offsprings and I'm thinking I probably have a better chance of getting spangles with this stag). Btw, your Stewart rooster looks awesome.

Thanks again guys!
    edwin

gene f also has the stewart ylh? also from ray hoskin? what can u say the difference between the stewart of ray and his ylm at gene's farm>? this sounds intresting to me
    as gene got some solid stewart from the man ray hoskin

Post Thanks / Like

edwin

gene f also has the stewart ylh? also from ray hoskin? what can u say the difference between the stewart of ray and his ylm at gene's farm>? this sounds intresting to me
    as gene got some solid stewart from the man ray hoskin
    Harry, I sent you a PM.

Thanks,
    Edwin

Post Thanks / Like

SPAR OF SOME STUART
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjOpPlghFLU"]DARK STUART YLH VS LIGHT STUART YLEG HATCH - YouTube[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like

How about Herman Pinnon's YLH guys, any feedbacks?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Good$!!! View Post
    How about Herman Pinnon's YLH guys, any feedbacks?
    sir the subject here is strictly stuart yleg hatch if u want the herman pinnon feedbacks i think there is a thread in here about that just search them

Post Thanks / Like

Stuart/Stewart YLH Cross Broodstag

Post Thanks / Like

both are super good stuart YLH you have, but i liked the light hackle more, it seems their blows are more crisp!!!! good luck!!!

Post Thanks / Like

just share my norman rockwell f1 pure stuart YLH from a friend...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

just wanna share my f1 stuart..

http://youtu.be/-jVPUCQ7qLI

Post Thanks / Like

broodstag

Post Thanks / Like

The Stuart Hatch I have from Rockwell Game farm are dark red with white underhackle, beautiful station gamefowL.

Post Thanks / Like

so it is STEWART not STUART? just want to know the right one sir....

Post Thanks / Like