Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Understanding droppings

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Understanding droppings

If u go to most of the big pits especially the mega derbies in Mexico and the big derbies in the Philippines u will see 2 roosters that are sharp fighting each other so naturally one has to lose for the most part.

2. Likes danitor, Quapaw Kid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brettjern View Post
    If u go to most of the big pits especially the mega derbies in Mexico and the big derbies in the Philippines u will see 2 roosters that are sharp fighting each other so naturally one has to lose for the most part.
    Agree 100% .. That is where the more experienced rooster that knows what's up is gona have a huge advantage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    Agree 100% .. That is where the more experienced rooster that knows what's up is gona have a huge advantage
    Didn't know there were that many experienced roosters in the Long Knife . Ill agree a rooster that's been hauled and shown will have an edge . But Ive not seen many show back up and be 2 , 3 ,4 X winners in LK . If they did I would dare say they were meeting roosters that weren't cutting a lick or they were roosters that cut so well they could win in any heel ( Which I also believe exist). But not too many make it back from that 4 inch blade win or lose. Course Im no LK man so I don't care to admit I could be wrong.
    In the gaff Ill also agree that the rooster with experience will have a huge advantage over a unshown bird , but if he is off then in my opinion he loses that advantage if the other bird is sharp and has equal ability. Then it just comes down to as they used to say back in the day A rooster fight. Which it is , there is no guarantee either way. I could argue my point and you could argue yours but out of 1k fights Im sure we would have wins and losses on both sides.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skincarver View Post
    Didn't know there were that many experienced roosters in the Long Knife . Ill agree a rooster that's been hauled and shown will have an edge . But Ive not seen many show back up and be 2 , 3 ,4 X winners in LK . If they did I would dare say they were meeting roosters that weren't cutting a lick or they were roosters that cut so well they could win in any heel ( Which I also believe exist). But not too many make it back from that 4 inch blade win or lose. Course Im no LK man so I don't care to admit I could be wrong.
    In the gaff Ill also agree that the rooster with experience will have a huge advantage over a unshown bird , but if he is off then in my opinion he loses that advantage if the other bird is sharp and has equal ability. Then it just comes down to as they used to say back in the day A rooster fight. Which it is , there is no guarantee either way. I could argue my point and you could argue yours but out of 1k fights Im sure we would have wins and losses on both sides.
    More than you think , you don't wanna meet a clean 2 x ace LK cock , ace gaff cock that is tuned for knife or fresh cock that's been sparred right ?..

6. Likes Skincarver, LaBlue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The two years I fought LK was because I had too many cocks t fight just gaff. I fought 9 derbies both years. I win 8 derbies both years. Most ever cock was 1/8 Manziel Grey. They were all at least 1/2 mug some of the best were 7/8 mug. These were awesome fowl that win nearly every derby. I win cocker of the year in gaff and had a 90% win record in the knife but lacked one to qualify for knife coty. This was in 2007 and 08. Most of the cocks had been hauled 4-10 times. Qua paws post has some merit.

8. Thanks Skincarver thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    More than you think , you don't wanna meet a clean 2 x ace LK cock , ace gaff cock that is tuned for knife or fresh cock that's been sparred right ?..
    LOL, no I know I don't. I don't want my roosters to meet one either. Im just f***ing with you mostly. But you may be right it may be a few more than I think. My uncle had a close friend back in the 80s that went out to OK or AZ after returning from cocker school stopped and picked up some pure Clarets and Pure YLH from Herman Pinnon . Made crosses and eventually set them as his own strain of yellow leg Clarets. He took the crosses and won a solo 7 cock 90K . He blew through the money quick they say but that's another story. He showed those same roosters a few more times. I ended up with one but was too young and dumb to hang on to them.

We also had a nice Gull Kelso cross once that had been shown in the LK . He had lost one of his outside toes but they had glued it back on but it was turned out to the side.

I wouldn't wanted to met them in the LK with these old Hatch birds I got now LOL. Not saying I wouldn't whipped them but I don't think I would personally had to many repeaters either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaBlue View Post
    The two years I fought LK was because I had too many cocks t fight just gaff. I fought 9 derbies both years. I win 8 derbies both years. Most ever cock was 1/8 Manziel Grey. They were all at least 1/2 mug some of the best were 7/8 mug. These were awesome fowl that win nearly every derby. I win cocker of the year in gaff and had a 90% win record in the knife but lacked one to qualify for knife coty. This was in 2007 and 08. Most of the cocks had been hauled 4-10 times. Qua paws post has some merit.
    LOL, agh hell, I tend to talk about everything in a Hatch fowl perspective . One of these days maybe Ill wise up and get me some roosters that are smart and fast enough to cut and not get cut to much lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skincarver View Post
    Dicky Lim never fights a rooster in the world slasher cup without him winning at least 2 times unscratched. He has won the world slasher 4 times.

12. Likes Sig1911, Skincarver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brettjern View Post
    Dicky Lim never fights a rooster in the world slasher cup without him winning at least 2 times unscratched. He has won the world slasher 4 times.
    Being that its one of the most prestigious tournaments in the world I would say that's a good rule to live by. Other than just messing around with QK I still dont figure that if you compare the number of the ones that win unscratched to the number that don't I would still have to say the number would be a lot lower. But like I said Im no knife man .

Post Thanks / Like

sir Lablue good day to u sir i read something in other thread ur post hope u can tell and what ur mean on this u said I would like to tell that dont know. A sharp cock will out preform 2 just like him that arent...I hope ya'll understand..

15. Likes Skincarver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that is a true statement. Many may have never witnessed a truely sharp cock or just thought damn that's a great cock. But he would only be a good cock if not super sharp. Can't tell you how or why but a cock can go through a medimorphasis if trained fed and rested correctly. Their instincts, reflexes, vision all are super heightened.

17. Thanks southernX thanked for this post
    Likes Genis, southernX, Quapaw Kid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

u mean sir his weight will be drop in fight day and his in a state of full awareness... thank u so much for the reply sor and have always a nice day...