Thread: High Noon Hatch

Post Thanks / Like

High Noon Hatch

Has anybody had any experience with or heard of the High Noon Hatch gamefowl bred by Gary Cooper???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: High Noon Hatch

i never heard about this kind of hatch before,why is it they call it a high noon hatch

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by power puncher View Post
    i never heard about this kind of hatch before,why is it they call it a high noon hatch
    Because of the name Gary Cooper in the movie High Noon.

Post Thanks / Like

theyre a blue faced hatch with Ruble blood

Post Thanks / Like

i have a couple of them birds. they hard hitters and go for the chest. i just lost one to scorpion

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I seen on ebay someone is selling eggs called high noon hatch.they sure dont get there name for breaking.unless theres something other than hatch in them.other than seeing them on ebay never heard of them.i would save my money.

Post Thanks / Like

i would really like to know what kind of record these have and how people have done with with shown in the spur.... a friend of mine is thinking on getting a trio.

Post Thanks / Like

whitehackle22 < I am the originator of the High Noon Hatch ... Send me a private message here and I will be glad to answer any of your questions so long as you don't ask me any questions pertaining to anything illegal.

As for the name "High Noon Hatch", every family of gamefowl has a name until someone names it something else. My High Noon Hatch started out as Rubles back in the 70's ......... until I added some of John Lorey's Ruble breeding and some of Frank Shy's Narragansett breeding in the 80's ...... at which point they became Ruble Lorey Narragansetts ...... until I later added some of Rudy Ibele's breeding ....... at which point they became Ruble Lorey Narragansett Ibeles ..... until I got tired of trying to explain their breeding make-up to everyone and decided about 3 or 4 years ago to just start calling them High Noon Hatch. The name "High Noon" comes from an old 1952 western film by the same name in which actor Gary Cooper helped earn the movie 4 academy awards for his starring role as Marshal Will Kane. My name also happens to be Gary Cooper which explains the connection to the name "High Noon".

The actor, Gary Cooper passed away in 1961 and a lot of cockers under the age of 50 have never heard of him or his movies. But anyway, that's the story behind the naming of the High Noon Hatch.

As for breeding trios, tell your friend that I am sorry but I am completely sold out of all adult fowl and won't have any older stags or pullets available until late in the fall.

10. Likes mnthawaii, Black_Spur liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    whitehackle22 < I am the originator of the High Noon Hatch ... Send me a private message here and I will be glad to answer any of your questions so long as you don't ask me any questions pertaining to anything illegal.

As for the name "High Noon Hatch", every family of gamefowl has a name until someone names it something else. My High Noon Hatch started out as Rubles back in the 70's ......... until I added some of John Lorey's Ruble breeding and some of Frank Shy's Narragansett breeding in the 80's ...... at which point they became Ruble Lorey Narragansetts ...... until I later added some of Rudy Ibele's breeding ....... at which point they became Ruble Lorey Narragansett Ibeles ..... until I got tired of trying to explain their breeding make-up to everyone and decided about 3 or 4 years ago to just start calling them High Noon Hatch. The name "High Noon" comes from an old 1952 western film by the same name in which actor Gary Cooper helped earn the movie 4 academy awards for his starring role as Marshal Will Kane. My name also happens to be Gary Cooper which explains the connection to the name "High Noon".

The actor, Gary Cooper passed away in 1961 and a lot of cockers under the age of 50 have never heard of him or his movies. But anyway, that's the story behind the naming of the High Noon Hatch.

As for breeding trios, tell your friend that I am sorry but I am completely sold out of all adult fowl and won't have any older stags or pullets available until late in the fall.
    Hi Mr. Cooper,
    can i know what characteristic of your leiper. body conformation, figthing style, etc. thanks a lot hope to hear with you mr. gary cooper. regards bebot

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys im dont really coment on anything but let me share this with you. Well just like a lot of you guys i was scary on getting this high noon hatch but let me tell you that i got brood materials from the big time breeders and this hatchs are as good as any of those plus mr cooper is the most honest man that i ever deal with , and not only that he is not on the gamefowl as a business he does this as his hobby and went a guy has only two lines in his yard for so long is that he is very happy with the results im not kissing anyones a*% im only sharing what i think about this breeder and because i think this is what gamefowl breeding is about integrity , honesty and the most important quality and this breeder has all of that ( one time a guy said that to say a fowl is good it has to be show againts the best ) my name is Eduardo from california and probably mr cooper dont even remenber me but i will remember him while i own his fine fowl , thanks guys hope this tips help

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by enguerrero View Post
    Hey guys im dont really coment on anything but let me share this with you. Well just like a lot of you guys i was scary on getting this high noon hatch but let me tell you that i got brood materials from the big time breeders and this hatchs are as good as any of those plus mr cooper is the most honest man that i ever deal with , and not only that he is not on the gamefowl as a business he does this as his hobby and went a guy has only two lines in his yard for so long is that he is very happy with the results im not kissing anyones a*% im only sharing what i think about this breeder and because i think this is what gamefowl breeding is about integrity , honesty and the most important quality and this breeder has all of that ( one time a guy said that to say a fowl is good it has to be show againts the best ) my name is Eduardo from california and probably mr cooper dont even remenber me but i will remember him while i own his fine fowl , thanks guys hope this tips help
    Which gamefowl did you purchase? The leipers or the Highnoon Hatch? Have you tested them in the Mexican shows? Heard his leipers are good. Don't have any info on the hatch fowl. Maybe you can share some info on them.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any personal experience with these but have a friend that has spoken of them. They both look like good lines of birds and i have some interest in them. By my friends accounts the Hatch doesn't do well in the long blade at least down around Florida and Georgia. The eggs that were mentioned on ebay are sold by Gary himself(jcoop ???)
    Gary does have one philosophy that I share, I read it somewhere. So many times I see people saying "None sold here, None sold there" when they are in the business of selling. To those I say it's your railroad, but basically what you are saying is that its all the bird, you are worth nothing as a breeder, feeder, handler, conditioner and you know nothing about your fowl. His philosophy is that he doesn't sell you what he wants to sell you like most, or exclude you if you live close. It is that if you know his fowl better than he does than he deserves to lose. Think about that brothers. For those I'm pissing off right now, let me say that I told you its your railroad and you do what ya want with your birds, but if your gettin mad then you really aren't in this sport for the right reason.

15. Thanks jtg thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post

Thanks for sharing the history of high noon hatch. I can never get enough of reading histories of game strain.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both lines of Gary Coopers birds and also a third line he is experimenting with separate from the High Noon and his Liepers. I can't say enough good about Mr. Cooper and his fowl are second to none in my opinion. I purchased two pair and also hatched some eggs from him. The four that he shipped were the healthiest and robust stock you can find and they were right off the range! The High Noon blood is beautiful looking and I am really excited about the future with them. His Liepers are the best I have come across personally and again his fowl are very healthy and easy to handle!
    Also, I might add all were marked by toe, leg bands and wing bands and he can tell you the parentage clear back to who knows when. This guy knows and studies pedigrees and breeding lines and just ask him about thoroughbred race horses as well. I recommend Gary Cooper to anyone looking for solid fowl...
    Last edited by Lil Canyon Game; December 15th, 2013 at 04:37 AM.

18. Thanks jtg thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lurena View Post
    Which gamefowl did you purchase? The leipers or the Highnoon Hatch? Have you tested them in the Mexican shows? Heard his leipers are good. Don't have any info on the hatch fowl. Maybe you can share some info on them.
    They are as good as any big name breeder hatch but every one has their own oppinion and if i saying as any big names is because i had ordered in the past from mr carol smith and from DF but dont take me wrong i not saying he has better fowl im just saying mr cooper has quality chickens as any of those names mentioned about. Like i said im not kissing any one %## im just sharing my esperience with the high noon hatchs and thats all ( for mexican shows go to youtube and tipe high noon hatch stags and hope that answer your question . Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Gary cooper is a first class breeder and first class gentlemen. I just got 12 chicks from him 6 leiper 6 high noon hatch if his fowl are as top shelf as there breeder they will be some good ones. I cant wait 8 months to see what they look like. so bumping this uppppppppppppppp lets see sum high noon hatch/ leiper pics of Gary cooper blood

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a couple of dozen at the post office from him today. I do not know him, but dealing with him, I can tell he is a straight shooter and does what he say's he will do, which is rare these days. I am hoping they work out, they sure look good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jtg View Post
    I picked up a couple of dozen at the post office from him today. I do not know him, but dealing with him, I can tell he is a straight shooter and does what he say's he will do, which is rare these days. I am hoping they work out, they sure look good.
    I bet your chicks are from the same hatch as mine