Thread: Brood cock wont breed

Post Thanks / Like

Brood cock wont breed

Hey i have a brood cock that wont breed with a hen. I was wondering if there is anything you can give them to make a rooster want to breed a hen ? All info will be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brood cock wont breed

i have the same exact problem with my ray alexander claret!!

Post Thanks / Like

A cock that won't breed is either too old, too fat or very coop stale... put em through a keep... spar em lightly with muffs... get that blood back to pumping.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks slipspur. He is only 3. Ive took him out of the brood pen and put him on a tie cord. And ive let him spar some. I figured it would get his dominant behaviors going and make him want to breed but it didint. He hasint had any type of vitamins in a long time like testosterone or steroids. So his system should be empty.

Post Thanks / Like

he was only given a small dose in the keep a few times. ive never had another cock do this. I hope when he goes through a keep it helps

Post Thanks / Like

Just give him a workout keep... no " juice " of any kind... go easy on the vitamins too... move him around a lot... get him healthy, slim & feeling good.

Post Thanks / Like

i had the same problem with steroids given to my 5yr old rooster that he wouldnt breed the hen, n not even i stayed there too long and watch as he topps her he still wouldnt, he would just chill n cruz but until i gave him testoterone pills, he started breeding again, he gave me good offsprings...check with your local feed store for testosterone pills...Aloha

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm.... First of all. I'm curious how you can say he doesn't breed. Is it because when you put him in with a hen, he doesn't automatically top the hen? You see, i have had friends before who complained about the same same thing. I always told them, that the only way for you to know if he is not breeding is if the eggs do not hatch. You do not see the hens the whole day for you to say that he is not actually breeding? He could be topping the hens when you are not looking. So, i guess wait and see if the eggs do or do not hatch.

Al

Post Thanks / Like

I say he dosent breed because ive watched him for over 3 weeks and not 1 time he has topped a hen. I can understand him not doing it all the time. But he never does. Nomater the hen or how long i keep him with thim.

Quote Originally Posted by gamecock96 View Post
    Hmmm.... First of all. I'm curious how you can say he doesn't breed. Is it because when you put him in with a hen, he doesn't automatically top the hen? You see, i have had friends before who complained about the same same thing. I always told them, that the only way for you to know if he is not breeding is if the eggs do not hatch. You do not see the hens the whole day for you to say that he is not actually breeding? He could be topping the hens when you are not looking. So, i guess wait and see if the eggs do or do not hatch.

Al

Post Thanks / Like

We are breeding a disabled 6 yr old cock. Never seen him top hens. But the eggs are fertilized. But see, i am not watching the broodcock 24 hrs a day either. As i have said, when you get eggs, see if they would hatch first.

Al

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B&B fowl View Post
    Hey i have a brood cock that wont breed with a hen. I was wondering if there is anything you can give them to make a rooster want to breed a hen ? All info will be appreciated
    Had a cock way back in the 80's never seen him top a hen,but the eggs hatched.Made me wonder about what I thought I knew about chickens.Seems the smarter the bird the less he acts like what I think he should.Hell some are smarter than me I guess............

Post Thanks / Like

Can I get testorion pills at the local co op in tn? Thankss