Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 49

Thread: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

  
  1. #1
    Member el.kora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    WADDELL, AZ USA
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    Has anybody tried Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Whitehackle's?

    And was he Mr. Stan Waddell's business partner for the last 4 years of Mr. Wardell's life?
    Thank you in advanced.

  2. #2
    Member el.kora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    WADDELL, AZ USA
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    Up............up..........up

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    Quote Originally Posted by el.kora View Post
    Up............up..........up
    Yes he was Stan's partner. I was at Tom's place 2 weeks ago. I aquired some of his lemon fowl. He has the whitehackle and the hatch from Stan. They are fantastic fowl.

  4. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
  5. #4
    Member el.kora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    WADDELL, AZ USA
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyd8670 View Post
    Yes he was Stan's partner. I was at Tom's place 2 weeks ago. I aquired some of his lemon fowl. He has the whitehackle and the hatch from Stan. They are fantastic fowl.
    Yes he says he was Stan's partner but all the old cockers I talk too that knew Stan don't know Mr. Mills. And all the info I researched do not mention Mr. Mills.

  6. #5
    Member orientexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    I had a spangled wardell gleason (white legged white beak) I will try and post a picture of him. He was real smart all his offspring were super cutters, smart, accurate. Only problem I had with him was all offspring were in the lower 4 pounds (4-4.3) on asils even smaller on albany and murphys which is all i had at the time. And boy were the offspring crossed on murphy and albany just plain out meaner than chit. He is in the south now being used for quarto.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Hotcocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under a Rock
    Posts
    1,278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    I know Mr Mills pretty well and see him pretty ofton.. I have seen his fowl shown and everytime i saw them they were good honost decent fowl, if he sells for a fair price they should be ok to buy from him.

  8. Thanks Cajun_Agimat thanked for this post
    Likes Cajun_Agimat liked this post
  9. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    galt ca
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    i dont know mr mills but i do know ferral reece in galt mr wardell stayed with him for 2 3 years and ferral has the whitehackles good honest fowl

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    i have some wardell hatch that came direct out of tom mills brood pens, they are very hard shufflin, cuttin, and break well. these hatch cross with just about any good line of chickens,this line of hatch fight more like brownreds with hatch power ,the gleezens are very good to.

  11. Likes partydude liked this post
  12. #9
    Senior Member Hard_Shuffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    Quote Originally Posted by el.kora View Post
    Yes he says he was Stan's partner but all the old cockers I talk too that knew Stan don't know Mr. Mills. And all the info I researched do not mention Mr. Mills.
    well im not going to be rude with you.. but stan wardel traveled alot cali.. dakotas...etc etc. he had portible fly pens cause he moved around alot... him and tom were partners in california... they swept the state in the s/k and people refused to fight them... thats when they where fighting there whitehackles... Jimmy johnson and alot of big timers wouldn't show there birds against them for 2 years straight... true story look it up... i know mr.tom very very very well..you know why??? he's my mentor and lives about 20 mins from me.. go to his house and you will see alot of trophies that him and stan won...I find it funny that he has all of stans lines.. even stans lines that he wasn't lettin be known.. knows everything about stan... and knows how stan done his roosters.. Stan taught him just about everything he knows.. Tom will tell you this.. he will also tell you stan was the best cocker he ever new... When tom moved to ga in 96???? stan was the one who sent him all his fowl... IDK what these "old cockers" told you.. but there full of siht... Everyone in the gamefowl world knows that there are alot of people who talk to just hear thereselves talk.. its like I have alot of friends that know me.. but i have a friend in alabama that im becoming partners with.. none of my friends will know this.. Because the less people know about you the better you are.... You allways try to keep a edge in the cocking world....the end
    Last edited by Hard_Shuffle; March 2nd, 2011 at 04:28 AM.

  13. Thanks oscar guevara d, Yunke8888, Cajun_Agimat thanked for this post
    Likes oscar guevara d, Cajun_Agimat liked this post
  14. #10
    Member el.kora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    WADDELL, AZ USA
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Shuffle View Post
    well im not going to be rude with you.. but stan wardel traveled alot cali.. dakotas...etc etc. he had portible fly pens cause he moved around alot... him and tom were partners in california... they swept the state in the s/k and people refused to fight them... thats when they where fighting there whitehackles... Jimmy johnson and alot of big timers wouldn't show there birds against them for 2 years straight... true story look it up... i know mr.tom very very very well..you know why??? he's my mentor and lives about 20 mins from me.. go to his house and you will see alot of trophies that him and stan won...I find it funny that he has all of stans lines.. even stans lines that he wasn't lettin be known.. knows everything about stan... and knows how stan done his roosters.. Stan taught him just about everything he knows.. Tom will tell you this.. he will also tell you stan was the best cocker he ever new... When tom moved to ga in 96???? stan was the one who sent him all his fowl... IDK what these "old cockers" told you.. but there full of siht... Everyone in the gamefowl world knows that there are alot of people who talk to just hear thereselves talk.. its like I have alot of friends that know me.. but i have a friend in alabama that im becoming partners with.. none of my friends will know this.. Because the less people know about you the better you are.... You allways try to keep a edge in the cocking world....the end

    First off why would you want to be rude with me since all I want is to know his story were he got the birds from and who better to ask then the people (friends) that know the man. What I'm doing is doing my homework, didn't mean to offend anyone, If i did I apologize.
    And for the record I do like his birds in the pics but only know them in pictures. Thank you

  15. #11
    Senior Member Hard_Shuffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    Quote Originally Posted by el.kora View Post
    First off why would you want to be rude with me since all I want is to know his story were he got the birds from and who better to ask then the people (friends) that know the man. What I'm doing is doing my homework, didn't mean to offend anyone, If i did I apologize.
    And for the record I do like his birds in the pics but only know them in pictures. Thank you
    Thats why i was saying im not going to be rude with you.. i should of worded it better as "this isn't being rude with you" i just get touchy cause alot of times people aren't just talking.. its me who o's you the apology..

    yfis
    Last edited by Hard_Shuffle; March 2nd, 2011 at 06:07 AM.

  16. #12
    Senior Member Hard_Shuffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    Quote Originally Posted by chef11 View Post
    hard shuffle, how long have you know tom mills. did you know stan wardell yourself. would you say tom's birds are good for what style. in your own opinion of course.
    I didn't know stan.. i met mr.tom right before stan passed away.. So thats about 5 or 6 years?

    and honestly.. toms birds are good for gaff.. s/k.. and l/k... he will NOT keep a family that doesn't perform well in all styles.. but far as best IMO...

    if i was putting up shows this is how i would do it

    Gaff:
    Wardels.. Docs.. Or wardel x doc... or doc x wardel... His clarets are really good as well... and obviuosly a hatch x claret cross is a must lol.

    S/k:
    His lemons dodge like crazy.. I seen some that won a show and never got touched cuase there smart with alot of agression and power... there amazing birds.. his wardels fight surpurb in s/k... there shuffling/power demons... they seriously will NOT stay on one side of the pit. I've never seen one give up NEVER and i mean NEVER.. they all ways go across the pit... The hybrids are very good.. there about the same as the lemon except they don't dodge as well as the lemons but they pack a hellacious punch.. ask my hand lol.

    L/K
    def the lemons and hybrids as a 1st choice... But the docs do real good as well.. he ships alot of them out... but mainly the hybrids and lemons... But the wardels do good also.. Had one brake about 7ft in the har not to long ago..


    His smiley face round head are very very very very good birds as well.. everything he has is suitable for everything... but that just how i would do it.. best call him and ask him.. he will be honest with you about everything.. he doens't have to peddle like a lot of guys.. he just tells it how it is... if that makes any since? lol


    the thing is.. if it doesn't meet what he wants.. he culls.. the end.. he culls birds that i keep <-- cause apparently he knows something i don't lol
    Last edited by Hard_Shuffle; March 2nd, 2011 at 06:10 AM. Reason: for got to add something lol

  17. Thanks Cajun_Agimat thanked for this post
    Likes Cajun_Agimat liked this post
  18. #13
    Member orientexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    Wardell Whitehackle We got 6-7 years ago.

  19. Likes oscar guevara d liked this post
  20. #14
    Member Goldenbirchens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    497
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.



    Wardell Whitehackle

  21. Likes oscar guevara d liked this post
  22. #15
    Senior Member Hard_Shuffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    orientexpreess.. did you get that bird direct from mr.tom?

  23. #16
    Member orientexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Shuffle View Post
    orientexpreess.. did you get that bird direct from mr.tom?
    Yes he came from him direct. the fowl we raised out of him were smart, excellent cutters just too small, and like i said meaner than hell when crossed on my albanys and murphys which besides the asil is all i had at that time. the ones crossed on asil almost all won clean when i was able to get them matched. i still have one 1/2 asil 1/2 whitehackle and he looks like a orange roundhead fast smart hard hitter but weighs 4.4 at 2 1/2 years old. he kept getting more and more white on him every moult. The guy who has him now is using him with his spanish fowl.

  24. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
  25. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    galt ca
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    mr hard shuffle i dont remember any body not wanting to fight stan at all and i have been to all the big fights from fresno to marysville for many years i seen stan fight but it wasnt at big derbys he was a very nice man his hatch asil were better than the whithackles in my view any way have a nice one

  26. #18
    Senior Member Hard_Shuffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    Quote Originally Posted by tanitan View Post
    mr hard shuffle i dont remember any body not wanting to fight stan at all and i have been to all the big fights from fresno to marysville for many years i seen stan fight but it wasnt at big derbys he was a very nice man his hatch asil were better than the whithackles in my view any way have a nice one

    Well mr.tanitan... your memory prob serves you wrong.. But i will be back tommorrow with names/dates for you... BEcause i've heard alot of old men tell that same exact story friend... i doubt all them men lying... Tom never told me that story till the other guys told it to me lol... So apparently its just you who missed it.. also... i said this "people refused to fight them..." then i went to explain how the big timers refused to fight them... But tommorrow when i log in ill have the names/dates for you

    Quote Originally Posted by orientexpress View Post
    Yes he came from him direct. the fowl we raised out of him were smart, excellent cutters just too small, and like i said meaner than hell when crossed on my albanys and murphys which besides the asil is all i had at that time. the ones crossed on asil almost all won clean when i was able to get them matched. i still have one 1/2 asil 1/2 whitehackle and he looks like a orange roundhead fast smart hard hitter but weighs 4.4 at 2 1/2 years old. he kept getting more and more white on him every moult. The guy who has him now is using him with his spanish fowl.
    AH, I haven't seen them on his yard in awhile the spangle ones that is.. im going to try and upload the pictures i have of them and mr.tom... There in my gallary on gamerooster.com.. Dead_Game

  27. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    galt ca
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    no my memory is very good i knew stan for quite a while even when i was a kid and the medford oregon days and barrellas in petaluma and i never seen or heard stan wardell sweep the state sir like i said good chickens even a better man and tough to beat but never sweep the state sir im sorry that u are misinformed

  28. Thanks Champion farms thanked for this post
  29. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    stan wardell was a partner with tom mills, tom got alot of his bloodlines from stan.in may of 1999 they had a tribute derby for stan ,stan and matt ketcherside who had been with stan since he was 9 yrs old, split the derby with a man named dick zidick ,some of you may know of him too.stan and matt tossed a coin with dick for a trophy clock with stans picture on it,matt won the clock. stan said matt was the son he never had.they were using 2 half asil/half hatch,2pure wardell hatch,1peacomb/straight comb of stan hatch,2half gleason whitehackle/half wardell hatch,it was a 7 cock derby the score was 6 wins 1 loss for both teams. stan got his wardell whitehackle[which were the gleason whitehacle that his father got direct from pop gleason when stan was 12 yrs old] stan father was jake wardell,stan wardell past away on 12-18-2006. tom mills and stan wardell made cocker of the yr when the were partners. they called stans whitehackles the rottertillers,if you want more info on stan or tom call matt ketcherside at 724-710-5695 that is his cell phone, matt has the wardell bloodlines also. stan wardell was a good breeder, he was very good in all parts of the gamefowl trade. i have talked to a lot of people who knew stan wardell on the westcoast,that is where he mainly fought and live most of his life and nobody said anything bad about him,they do not make many cockers like him anymore. it would do a lot of us good to listen to some of the oldtimers in world today an try to set our standardsby them.

  30. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
  31. #21
    Cyberfriends CALVIN2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    FOOTHILLS ,NORTH CAROLINA
    Posts
    1,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenbirchens View Post


    Wardell Whitehackle
    Awesome bird Bart

  32. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    Scott I think thats pretty good write up but phone numbers are given out way to easy. First off part of the fun of Rooster land is to research and the hunt. If its just thrown out on a plater then its really just a wasted calls from everyone and their brother and non friendly types.

    If people want a number or if you want to give out a number they should request on PM at the very least. Unless the breeder or contact wants to give it out themselves.

    I had to research and contact people to get a number and through that I have come into contact with some great people and they called and asked if it was alright to give out his number. I find through this method the breeder will respect you more because you respect his privacy and feel more confident that you are searious in your inquiry and more open and friendly in your first communication.

    Like I said if they leave a number or advertisement they are asking to be contacted as they are selling and it that comes with the territory then.

  33. Thanks Jailbird6 thanked for this post
    Likes Jailbird6 liked this post
  34. #23
    Senior Member sagario's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Phil / IL, USA
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenbirchens View Post


    Wardell Whitehackle
    sir may I know what is the best cross of wardell whitehackle? Thanks..

  35. #24
    Senior Member Hard_Shuffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    Quote Originally Posted by tanitan View Post
    no my memory is very good i knew stan for quite a while even when i was a kid and the medford oregon days and barrellas in petaluma and i never seen or heard stan wardell sweep the state sir like i said good chickens even a better man and tough to beat but never sweep the state sir im sorry that u are misinformed
    Im not "misinformed" i know tom very well.. it happend in 1982 at the tracey pit IN CALIFORNIA NOT OREGON.. When stan walked in.. people would put there birds up... Tom tells the story to tell people how great STAN was...

    but you believe what you want.. like tom said.. doesn't matter if people belive it.. cause it happened... Stan was one of the best cockers there ever was..

  36. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
  37. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    hey sugarcreek nice to hear from you ,i did get permission from matt ketcherside i know matt very well we talk by phone several times a week ,he has a lot of knowledge about a great cocker [stan wardell] and his breeding methods,matt is trying to carry on stans blood lines. matt sells very few gamecocks but if you get one he will be a good one,so this is not an advertisement for matt.

  38. #26
    Senior Member sagario's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Phil / IL, USA
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    my wardell whitehackle bc... what is the best cross for this line?... any advice.. thanks..


  39. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    galt ca
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Shuffle View Post
    Im not "misinformed" i know tom very well.. it happend in 1982 at the tracey pit IN CALIFORNIA NOT OREGON.. When stan walked in.. people would put there birds up... Tom tells the story to tell people how great STAN was...

    but you believe what you want.. like tom said.. doesn't matter if people belive it.. cause it happened... Stan was one of the best cockers there ever was..
    well im from califorina ive been to the old tracy club and i saw stan there but i never saw anyone pack up and leave i think tom is referrering to bobby boles in the 50s not stan wardell mr stan had very good chickens and he was a better man but nobody called off a derby because he was there and the tracy club was all gaff no sk

  40. #28
    Senior Member Hard_Shuffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    Quote Originally Posted by tanitan View Post
    well im from califorina ive been to the old tracy club and i saw stan there but i never saw anyone pack up and leave i think tom is referrering to bobby boles in the 50s not stan wardell mr stan had very good chickens and he was a better man but nobody called off a derby because he was there and the tracy club was all gaff no sk
    the thing your not realizing is what would tom gain from lying? he tells the story to tell how great stan was.... nothing for him to gain... but we will dis agree to agree.. But like i said.. alot of famous people stayed away when stan was there.. and alot of guys wouldn't put there birds in...



    sagario: Take it and cross it with a round head... or a lemon... or you can call tom if you got the line from him and he'd give you all the info you want/need on how to cross them/what you could do to help your line out...

  41. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    galt ca
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    i was goin to reply again but pepole who were not around can beleive what ever they want but i was there i grew up in pleasanton witch is right by tracy and was at the little gaff club often the big fights in those days were the old sacramento club and the santa rosa fights and the trips down to ehrenburg but have a good one

  42. Thanks gardenbar thanked for this post
  43. #30
    Senior Member Hard_Shuffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Tom Mills Stan Wardell's Gleason WHitehackle.

    Quote Originally Posted by tanitan View Post
    i was goin to reply again but pepole who were not around can beleive what ever they want
    People who weren't around can believe what multiple people who was there have told them.. lol.

    good day

Similar Threads

  1. stan hinton top notch gamefarm
    By Grey_Grove in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 15th, 2012, 01:15 AM
  2. Stan Wardell pics he had of Mr. Pierce
    By scott in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 28th, 2012, 12:18 PM
  3. Stan Wardell Gleezens???
    By tadpole in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 17th, 2008, 10:40 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 28th, 2007, 05:44 PM
  5. Gleason Whitehackle
    By extremes_20s in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 13th, 2007, 12:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •