Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's all build a keep together ( The Sabong Method)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Let's all build a keep together ( The Sabong Method)

Quote Originally Posted by jam671 View Post
    I think most atheletes will know what you are talking about. But some just dont get it.
    Yup, muscles need glycogen to keep from becoming fatigued quickly. Muscles absorb glycogen from Carbs. I use a little boiled egg white to keep some protein but raise the carbs the last three feedings to store glycogen in the muscles to keep a longer out put of energy.

Your life long quality feed with the right protein will keep them muscles reacting fast & strong so when you up the carbs, they are fast & full of energy that will last. With out muscle glycogen, you may be quick out of the gate but poop out around the first corner.

The ones who don't get it will be their lose. You load them with protein with out carbs if you want but i will do both.

Post Thanks / Like

You know it is right when the other bird stop kicking and yours just dont stop kicking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by colt39 View Post
    Yup, muscles need glycogen to keep from becoming fatigued quickly. Muscles absorb glycogen from Carbs. I use a little boiled egg white to keep some protein but raise the carbs the last three feedings to store glycogen in the muscles to keep a longer out put of energy.

Your life long quality feed with the right protein will keep them muscles reacting fast & strong so when you up the carbs, they are fast & full of energy that will last. With out muscle glycogen, you may be quick out of the gate but poop out around the first corner.

The ones who don't get it will be their lose. You load them with protein with out carbs if you want but i will do both.
    Jim i dont carbo load in my last days just to keep a steady feed but i fix
    them with a dash of sugar it works just fine...

Post Thanks / Like

what do u all think as of this as point feed and id like evry ones input two heeping table spoons egg whites one table spoon coocked soked white rice lone and a half tablespoons soked cracked corn and 10 soked rasins cut in half and some honey spread on top of that just a little what do u all think this what i do works for me any pointers are welcomed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownred kelso View Post
    That's exactly what i do,, load the protein,,,the nervous energy is drawn from the protein that helps create a quicker responce and a more rapid metabolism than a carbohydrate ever did,,,,,,,,,,,i have been just like the rest of you,,,carbo loaded and waiting, waiting, waiting having to drop, drop, drop some more,,,,heck with that,,,,,,,most all the rooster you see aren't hydrated,,,,aren't loaded with carbs early enough and aren't on the protein down the stretch,,,thats where you get game at boys,,,,i don't care who told you what they're wrong,,,,,,
    I went to ever Son Of A Buck that was known to feed and it's the same ole same ole chit,,,,,,,,,,,,spent a ton of money and thinking you got to be kidding me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Theys been a ton of folks busted,,,,broke,,,listening to the same horse chit,,,,you can say all you want,,,when the feed gets spread around,,,,,you'll see where i'm coming from,,,,,,,,,yfis
    mr.brk why do you have to do all that waiting and dropping that you are talking about when you say you were carb loading,i use the steamed rice and will bet you any amount of money that my cocks will drop and empty as fast as anyones cocks,i have said many times ,that i regulate my cocks over a long period of time,so when the go into the point method they are where they should be,to me the pointing of a cock is not so much to do with the moisture in the cock but more to do with the mental state of the cocks mind,that is what the sharpness is, get the moisture rite going into the point, it works so much easier,please explain why you have so much trouble with your cocks getting empty,having the moisture rite and then getting him empty starts the pointing of a cock ,it dont take a week to do this it can be done in 2 feedings if you know what to feed. if ,you know the moisture is rite going into the pointing method, you are feeding the cock you should know
    Last edited by scott; March 29th, 2011 at 08:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    mr.brk why do you have to do all that waiting and dropping that you are talking about when you say you were carb loading,i use the steamed rice and will bet you any amount of money that my cocks will drop and empty as fast as anyones cocks,i have said many times ,that i regulate my cocks over a long period of time,so when the go into the point method they are where they should be,to me the pointing of a cock is not so much to do with the moisture in the cock but more to do with the mental state of the cocks mind,that is what the sharpness is, get the moisture rite going into the point, it works so much easier,please explain why you have so much trouble with your cocks getting empty,having the moisture rite and then getting him empty starts the pointing of a cock ,it dont take a week to do this it can be done in 2 feedings if you know what to feed. if ,you know the moisture is rite going into the pointing method, you are feeding the cock you should know
    Yeah i understand what you're explaining,,,,,when you're loading in the steamed rice it will accumulate in the lower intestines because that is where the cocks pull moisture out of the feed,,,,when the cocks aren't fully hydrated this process slows down as the cocks will hold bile (chit savers) used to call em,however when i went to the grain start up and finished on pellets,i was so happy with the results,i never went back to see,i'm sure you could take any keep as long as you hydrated as i described and do extremly well,,and i agree with you,,,, i wanna show mine "ALIVE" as alot of folks get so caught up in droppings that they forget the bird needs to be in what i would describe as a wound up but relaxed a controlled but explosive state,,,most people think "Wired" up,,,but thats not what we want,an electric coiled and deadly,state,, i think you agree
    Last edited by brownred kelso; March 29th, 2011 at 09:14 PM. Reason: edit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by De La O View Post
    No disrespect BRK, but it would be hard calling Mr. Mitchell since he passed away July 18, 2010. Also can't remember who quoted Mr. Harold Brown as saying that, "That damn Mike Ratliff has made it harder for us pros since he opened up his school, beginners are starting out with alot more knowledge that it took all these year for us to learn."
    Sorry, i ment no disrespect, i did not know he was deceased,,,but that actually happened with the school the keep and him filling up his school off Thompsons feed,,,,there was to many people told me that over the years for it not to have happened.
    After Mr. Mitchell had his school,,,,old "no show joe" told me that Thompson had written out a keep for him to use in the school and that someone had attended that usually did not win and then went on a tear,,winning 6-7 derbys over the next few months,,,,so Joe asks Thompson "what did you put on that paper for him" and the old man replied, just general information,,,,but that feed i called the "B" feed was the same keep in Thompsons handwriting that Bill Baumgardner showed me over in Tennessee,,,now Mr. Thompson could feed roosters but he was not blessed with the best of handwriting,,,,however the Baumgardner keep writing matched the 3 hand written keeps Thompson gave Joe before he died, that i have seen and read them all,,,,one was a long keep,,, one a summer feed and one a feedback feed,,,,,,my methods originated with Thompson's information and was regimented with help from Ratliff school
    Last edited by brownred kelso; March 29th, 2011 at 09:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i understand what you're explaining,,,,,when you're loading in the steamed rice it will accumulate in the lower intestines because that is where the cocks pull moisture out of the feed,,,,when the cocks aren't fully hydrated this process slows down as the cocks will hold bile (chit savers) used to call em,however when i went to the grain start up and finished on pellets,i was so happy with the results,i never went back to see,i'm sure you could take any keep as long as you hydrated as i described and do extremly well,,and i agree with you,,,, i wanna show mine "ALIVE" as alot of folks get so caught up in droppings that they forget the bird needs to be in what i would describe as a wound up but relaxed a controlled but explosive state,,,most people think "Wired" up,,,but thats not what we want,an electric coiled and deadly,state,, i think you agree
    brk i load my cocks over a longer time with moisture than you do ,so why would you think that the cocks are not hydrated,you are no where close to the time length in your method as i am ,i load cocks starting out of the moult this gets them regulated on the moisture ,and i stay that way all the way up to pointing, i am sorry but i am going to disagree with you all the way ,my cocks are regulated and dumping out properly over a lot longer period than the way you are trying to do it. and i have no problems getting a cock to chit out clean on steamed rice,maybe you should try it, and guess what they are on soaked oats all their life, mixed in their every day feed up until the training method ,think about whose cocks are hydrated and who is not
    Last edited by scott; March 29th, 2011 at 11:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i want to say you can not put cut ,speed or power in a cock in two weeks ,let alone in at the last, before show date ,if anyone thinks this then he just as well mail his money to the derby an stay home,they are breed to get cut ,power, speed and game in them, no keep or feeding method can do this ,their mama and papa did that the day the egg was laid,all you can do is hope your feeding and training method will help build up and bring out the best that was breed into the cock you are working with,then you better get him as sharp as you can ,not knocking on anyone just telling it like it is, but if feed wrong this can damn shure be took out of a healthy ,well breed killing cock
    Last edited by scott; March 30th, 2011 at 12:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Scott, you are right. It is in them or it is not, plain & simple.

Let me just say this about this hydration thing. Them fowl know how to keep them selves from dehydrating their whole lives. I feed soaked oats about 8 months out of the year. In the winter time, they freeze so I don't then. they get un-soaked oats.

The cocks were the same weather the oats were soaked or not. I have never had a problem getting them to empty or keeping them hydrated.

I did not cook anything or soak anything for my point feed. They got fresh cracked corn (dry) & boiled egg white. They empty fine & stay sharp for quit a while. They eat grain their whole life & that is what they got. No over hydrating just proper hydrated fowl that are very hard to whip.

Over hydrated fowl sure are easy to whip.

No chit savers either! Just fowl ready to rumble!

Billabong, I did not really load either. I just raise the Carbs just a bit the last three feedings. They still get egg white for a quality protein. You add sugar that ads Carbs. I try to keep my feed ballances so there is not much change at all. They eat corn their whole life so no change.
    Last edited by colt39; March 30th, 2011 at 01:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

yes jim your are right ,i use the rice for carbs that is something that has worked for me, it is a system that is easy for me with out all the stuff to rememder that a lot of guys tell you to do in their keep ,i think the simpler the better, i use it because their is no change ,rice is a grain,it is loaded with carbs ,i think you need them at the end for shure,i can give names and phone no. to people who use this method and they show on some hard ground with some of the top guys today, i want to know who is using brk method .
    Last edited by scott; March 30th, 2011 at 02:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, i ment no disrespect, i did not know he was deceased,,,but that actually happened with the school the keep and him filling up his school off Thompsons feed,,,,there was to many people told me that over the years for it not to have happened.
    After Mr. Mitchell had his school,,,,old "no show joe" told me that Thompson had written out a keep for him to use in the school and that someone had attended that usually did not win and then went on a tear,,winning 6-7 derbys over the next few months,,,,so Joe asks Thompson "what did you put on that paper for him" and the old man replied, just general information,,,,but that feed i called the "B" feed was the same keep in Thompsons handwriting that Bill Baumgardner showed me over in Tennessee,,,now Mr. Thompson could feed roosters but he was not blessed with the best of handwriting,,,,however the Baumgardner keep writing matched the 3 hand written keeps Thompson gave Joe before he died, that i have seen and read them all,,,,one was a long keep,,, one a summer feed and one a feedback feed,,,,,,my methods originated with Thompson's information and was regimented with help from Ratliff school
    Mr.BRK.,sorry if my post came out wrong,I was stating that I was meaning no disrespect towards you personally.I get on this site to see what going on in the world of sabong,and to see if I can gather any information that may be of use.As far as Mr. Mike Ratliffs methods they have helped me quite a bit.I personally didn't stop learning after I left his school.I try to keep an open mind towards other peoples opinions and methods because one never knows when someone else has a better way of doing certain things. yfis. De La O

Post Thanks / Like

i have heard alot of people on hear say a hand written keep is no good ,well read,dont it say the great nix thompson was writing out keeps too,remember now we have been told that his was ,and still is the best,when i watched my ratliff tape ,he done a hell of a lot of writing on a chaulk board, and those students were taking notes ,seems odd how people will down a written keep and call people [keep peddlers] when their own heroes were doing the same thing, stop and think about this,and we were told they sold theirs for thousnds of dollars ,just to keep the smaller working man in the dark, dont you think ,knew he could not get it
    Last edited by scott; March 30th, 2011 at 02:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Scott, rice is good. It just goes thru them quicker. Very good carb feed.

Maybe we need to talk about fowl that are so over hydrated that they can't move or take a cutting.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we need to talk about fowl that are so over hydrated that they can't move or take a cutting.
    Yeah... a bird that is too wet will fall apart the first good punch...

Post Thanks / Like

maybe you need to talk about the problem you encounter and what did you do

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

YOU CAN FORGET THAT NOISE,,,, YOU WON'T OVER HYDRATE THE MUSCLE TISSUE,,,YOU CAN GET A ROOSTER WET,,, BUT YOU WON'T OVER HYDRATE the tissue,,,damn ya'll keep talkin like this,, i'm going to start buying brood stock!!!,,,,lol

Post Thanks / Like

yes a bird that is to wet will be sluggish ,slower than normal, pop like baloon ,and bleed out faster,just the other way when to dry ,they can not cut a damn lick,can not reach ,muscles to tight and stringy no flex in them,people must learn to feed and get the moisture rite on show day ,that is why if you put to much moisture in a cock using the knife

,short or long you are in big trouble if that cock gets hit first and deep,just my opinion, but it is based on facts not hear say
    Last edited by scott; March 30th, 2011 at 03:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

brk shurly you are not saying a cock can not get too wet,you went to ratliff school ,hell that is all he talked about ,he would say that birds to wet he is a loser,but he could not tell you why the bird was to wet,or he never did in the keep tape i bought.he lined up on fight day in drop out pens and say that as he went down the line,never said why they were to wet tho,he was feeding them he should have knew and told his students,can you prove to me that the muscle want get to wet,i know the gut can ,just asking, and either way it dont matter to wet or to dry they cannot fight worth a chit anyway and you will learn this as you start toting out by the tail,losing money on them and it did not take me long to try and get them regulated
    Last edited by scott; March 30th, 2011 at 03:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

YOU CAN FORGET THAT NOISE,,,, YOU WON'T OVER HYDRATE THE MUSCLE TISSUE,,,YOU CAN GET A ROOSTER WET,,, BUT YOU WON'T OVER HYDRATE the tissue,,,damn ya'll keep talkin like this,, i'm going to start buying brood stock!!!,,,,lol
    getting one wet and over hydrate is to differant things,,,,,facts are that most people are dehydrated wet, that gets you a whippin...you can't over hydrate the muscle tissue,,,,,you get em wet from holding and also from taking in moist air when they are dehydrated,,,, thus dehydrated wet,,,,,,

Post Thanks / Like

This has got to the point that i don't even need to post,,,,just do the exact opposite that i'm advising and see how bad you get your azz whipped,,,because that's exactly what these folks are claiming,,,,and the more they talk the more they prove they are not very competent at feeding roosters

Post Thanks / Like

hey brown red kelso dont get mad,but i feel the same way you do ,i can prove my method works on the hard ground with the big boys ,if you think i can not feed i will give you names and no. you call and ask them ask what they think of the method i use,just because i dont try to use alot of fancy words and **** dont mean i can not feed a damn rooster,you the one said your rooters knew more than you ,not me,i feed the rooster he dont feed me. try not to get mad,it is very simple get the moisture rite in the muscle and the gut,get him empty ,he points ,you fight, that is as good as it gets,oh am sorry did not use any fancy terms or words. know dont go and get mad at me /// lol boy would i love for you to prove your method to me

Post Thanks / Like

I've had my fair share of losing cocks due to coming out too dry or dehydrated. You could tell - on limber in drop pen just before heeling they try to take a dump and not a single drop, that's when you're in trouble.

If they're too dry they won't cut and if they don't cut you can't win at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    hey brown red kelso dont get mad,but i feel the same way you do ,i can prove my method works on the hard ground with the big boys ,if you think i can not feed i will give you names and no. you call and ask them ask what they think of the method i use,just because i dont try to use alot of fancy words and **** dont mean i can not feed a damn rooster,you the one said your rooters knew more than you ,not me,i feed the rooster he dont feed me. try not to get mad,it is very simple get the moisture rite in the muscle and the gut,get him empty ,he points ,you fight, that is as good as it gets,oh am sorry did not use any fancy terms or words. know dont go and get mad at me /// lol boy would i love for you to prove your method to me
    People take the water away from the roosters is what you're referring to,,,,, i never take their water,,,if you can't feed the cocks to where they aren't interested,in the water that last few days, you're not where you need to be, in my opinion,,,,By the way, should this transportation act get reversed, i'll be glad to show you exactly how the feed will work and you'll get to see the gutted version too...NO FANCY WORDS, JUST FACTS

Post Thanks / Like

People take the water away from the roosters is what you're referring to,,,,, i never take their water,,,if you can't feed the cocks to where they aren't interested,in the water that last few days, you're not where you need to be, in my opinion,,,,By the way, should this transportation act get reversed, i'll be glad to show you exactly how the feed will work and you'll get to see the gutted version too...NO FANCY WORDS, JUST FACTS
    You know that ain't going to happen.............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Everett View Post
    You know that ain't going to happen.............
    Why not, we all know it's unconstitutional, you watching that deal in SC right now,,,it could very well go to the Supreme court and they have been very Constitutional oriented here lately,,,,,,I think everybody would agree with me,,i think at this point i would actually enjoy an azz whippin,, just gettin to go again would be great,,,,,,,

Post Thanks / Like

This has got to the point that i don't even need to post,,,,just do the exact opposite that i'm advising and see how bad you get your azz whipped,,,because that's exactly what these folks are claiming,,,,and the more they talk the more they prove they are not very competent at feeding roosters
    Let me ask you this then since you think you know it all. And by the way, talk anybody here into hiring you to feed a show in PI & I will do a main any day. You are getting all the pms & emails so this should not be hard.

Back to my question. When a bird dries out, are you trying to say that the muscle tissue will stay hydrated?

Also, you say dehydrated wet. Explain how they can be dehydrated but wet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lansford101 View Post
    what do u all think as of this as point feed and id like evry ones input two heeping table spoons egg whites one table spoon coocked soked white rice lone and a half tablespoons soked cracked corn and 10 soked rasins cut in half and some honey spread on top of that just a little what do u all think this what i do works for me any pointers are welcomed
    so what do u all think to wet huh HELLO????

Post Thanks / Like

This has got to the point that i don't even need to post,,,,just do the exact opposite that i'm advising and see how bad you get your azz whipped
    oh grow up Jack... nobody likes a cry baby.