Thread: Bakbakan 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Bakbakan 2011

Banding for the above. Please note the following is taken from a Circular issued by NFGB.
    These are the most important MATTERS for Associations to pass to there Members
    IT IS MOST IMPORTANT IS IF YOUR FARM IS OUTSIDE YOUR ASSOCIATIONS AREA.

The National Federation of Gamefowl Breeders (NFGB) Inc. is adopting Stag Screening Rules to ensure the holding of fair and honest stag derby.

1.The following are qualified for banding
    a.Members of game fowl breeders association, affiliated with NFGB.
    b.Members who participated in the previous year BAKBAKAN,
    c.Members in the banding list of local president/NFGB.
    2.The breeder will be banded only by the association who has jurisdiction in the area where hi farm is located.
    3.Members from other associations may be banded and accommodated under the protocol ofthe association in the area.
    a.Under the above stated protocol, the accommodated breeder must pay a banding fee and the full entry fee of BAKBAKAN.
    b.The accommodated breeder must join at least one entry in the eliminations of the accommodating association otherwise, the deposit will be forfeited.
    c.Communication or request for said accommodation must relayed by his mother association to the association in charge of the area on or before March 20, 2011.
    d.Failure to comply with the above protocol is a ground for suspension of his privilege to be banded in the next season.
    4.Breeders banded by NFGB, wherever he was banded, shall undertake to join at least one BAKBAKAN eliminations derby hosted by his own association, or lose eligibility to be banded in future seasons.
    5.Accommodation banding among associations shall be allowed only within the following geographic regions: Luzon region, Visayas region and Mindanao region.

PLEASE NOTE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS - PLEASE CONTACT YOUR RESPECTIVE ASSOCIATION.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakbakan 2011

Quote Originally Posted by star cross View Post
    Banding for the above. Please note the following is taken from a Circular issued by NFGB.

The National Federation of Gamefowl Breeders (NFGB) Inc. is adopting Stag Screening Rules to ensure the holding of fair and honest stag derby.

1.The following are qualified for banding
    a.Members of game fowl breeders association, affiliated with NFGB.
    b.Members who participated in the previous year BAKBAKAN,
    c.Members in the banding list of local president/NFGB.
    2.The breeder will be banded only by the association who has jurisdiction in the area where hi farm is located.
    3.Members from other associations may be banded and accommodated under the protocol ofthe association in the area.
    a.Under the above stated protocol, the accommodated breeder must pay a banding fee and the full entry fee of BAKBAKAN.
    b.The accommodated breeder must join at least one entry in the eliminations of the accommodating association otherwise, the deposit will be forfeited.
    c.Communication or request for said accommodation must relayed by his mother association to the association in charge of the area on or before March 20, 2011.
    d.Failure to comply with the above protocol is a ground for suspension of his privilege to be banded in the next season.
    4.Breeders banded by NFGB, wherever he was banded, shall undertake to join at least one BAKBAKAN eliminations derby hosted by his own association, or lose eligibility to be banded in future seasons.
    5.Accommodation banding among associations shall be allowed only within the following geographic regions: Luzon region, Visayas region and Mindanao region.

PLEASE NOTE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS - PLEASE CONTACT YOUR RESPECTIVE ASSOCIATION.
    Some guys have queried this - So we have asked for clarification.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=star cross;3551712]

Please refer to the ABOVE The National Federation of Gamefowl Breeders (NFGB) Inc new Ruling.

To all joining Bakbakan in 2011.
    Re Banding rules.
    I asked Arnel of NFGB to Clarify rules 1 to 5 as it is not clear for some Guys.

As explained by Arnel , the rules are “TERRITORIAL !
    They are designed to have Farms join the LOCAL ASSOCIATION in their PROVINCE.

That is to reduce the banding of farms outside the Province where the Association is located.

Example : If your Farm is a located in Batangas - However you are a Member of LAGBA – if you want to be Bakbakan banded you have some choices

1. Take you Stags in Batangas to Laguna and have them banded there.

2. Have the Stags banded by BBC as a LAGBA Member.

To do this BBC would collect P15,000 Deposit of Entry fee.
    Then you are required to join at least 1 BBC Elimination - or forfeit the Deposit.

3. Join BBC and band as a member of BBC and fight in BBC.

I hope that assists.

Post Thanks / Like

Another question is NFGB requiring a partial deposit entry in order to be banded by Bakbakan assuming that the area is inside the Association..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rapier1228 View Post
    Another question is NFGB requiring a partial deposit entry in order to be banded by Bakbakan assuming that the area is inside the Association..
    Rapier1228, Sir I dont think that is an NFGB ruling. (I think) it was an NFGB suggestion.
    Some Associations are charging various amounts.
    I understand the main reason is to
    1. stop commercial breeders banding to sell - not to fight
    2. also some members band in 1 Association however do not support their own Association - however join national Elims or other Assoc.

So the point is (I feel) Support your own Association - a lot of time and effort goes into managing/running an Association.
    Thanks.............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by star cross View Post
    Rapier1228, Sir I dont think that is an NFGB ruling. (I think) it was an NFGB suggestion.
    Some Associations are charging various amounts.
    I understand the main reason is to
    1. stop commercial breeders banding to sell - not to fight
    2. also some members band in 1 Association however do not support their own Association - however join national Elims or other Assoc.

So the point is (I feel) Support your own Association - a lot of time and effort goes into managing/running an Association.
    Thanks.............
    They are saying that the amount they are getting is deposit for Bakbakan Entry Fee of Php15,000. They are collecting Php5,000.00 as deposit and if you do not join the Bakbakan it will be forfeited. It is different from the association fee and the banding that they also charge.

Hoping for clarification regarding this matter.
    Last edited by rapier1228; March 21st, 2011 at 04:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

anybody know the possible date of bakbakan 2011?

Post Thanks / Like

quite a few of us belong to an association not in our province, i belong to rgba, now am i going to be required to join a local assoction to be able to fight in the bakbakan, no longer allowed to fight in the rgba. the nfgb should not be telling us what association to join, we should be able to fight in the bakbakan as long as we are banded by an association that is a member, & be able to choose the association we want to join. already banded by bakbakan, but because of this rule, i may choose not to fight, just the rgba circuit. too many stag derbies to be dictated too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kali ises View Post
    quite a few of us belong to an association not in our province, i belong to rgba, now am i going to be required to join a local assoction to be able to fight in the bakbakan, no longer allowed to fight in the rgba. the nfgb should not be telling us what association to join, we should be able to fight in the bakbakan as long as we are banded by an association that is a member, & be able to choose the association we want to join. already banded by bakbakan, but because of this rule, i may choose not to fight, just the rgba circuit. too many stag derbies to be dictated too!
    i guess this is being done by NFGB for the protection of interest of some local associations..the present situation favors the more stronger associations like RGBA, which has exponential growth of members for some good reasons of course.. for this rule not to be created or to take effect let us start from the basic question, why apply for membership for RGBA if your farm is located in Laguna or Bicol?just because RGBA is offering "very good" benefits than the local association of your area?

Post Thanks / Like

it was just the last couple yrs bataan has assoc that belong to the bakbakan, that is why i joined, that & the competition in the rgba. i fight in manila derbys, whether stag or cock. last yr the rgba stag derbys were in araneta, it is not like a great distance to travel for us. now if the requirement is to join an association in your province, then most likely i'll choose another derby to fight instead of the bakbakan, we see how the ruling goes, changes??