Thread: Worlds Best Keep

Post Thanks / Like

Worlds Best Keep

hello to everyone>>>i have good brood stock and show birds but i dont succed>>>all of the keeps i do seemed to fail...can you guys post a keep for me to use.im new to this world of gamefowl..i know its new times and you cant win with dry food and b12...i belive you have to do a little more to your birds>>.thank you all for your post...they will be truly apreciated>>>thankyou

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Worlds Best Keep

Quote Originally Posted by Rogelio Monzon View Post
    hello to everyone>>>i have good brood stock and show birds but i dont succed>>>all of the keeps i do seemed to fail...can you guys post a keep for me to use.im new to this world of gamefowl..i know its new times and you cant win with dry food and b12...i belive you have to do a little more to your birds>>.thank you all for your post...they will be truly apreciated>>>thankyou
    It is some good information among the threads here on this site pertaining to keeps; You can also go to the front of this forum, where you logged on and google gamefowl keeps; Conditiooning keep sabong cockfighting will come up, click on that and its like 28 keeps right at your finger tips; I hope this helps;

Post Thanks / Like

after reading these... pick one out... or maybe two of them that sound good to you... then work out the fine details of what exactly it is your roosters need to be at their best. there are some good ones among these that will give you a good starting point and a foundation on which to build your knowledge. you will have to adjust them for your climate and do some minor tweaking to get where you want to be on D-day. but, that is often the case with about any feed method you would try. good luck

http://fowlplaygamefarm.homestead.com/keeps.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath View Post
    after reading these... pick one out... or maybe two of them that sound good to you... then work out the fine details of what exactly it is your roosters need to be at their best. there are some good ones among these that will give you a good starting point and a foundation on which to build your knowledge. you will have to adjust them for your climate and do some minor tweaking to get where you want to be on D-day. but, that is often the case with about any feed method you would try. good luck

http://fowlplaygamefarm.homestead.com/keeps.html
    Those are good keeps. What I would do is select the ones I can use and record it on windows sound recorder (.wav file) and copy them to a compact disc that you can play on your cd player. I've done it to the Hugh Norman Keep. The audio of the keep fits in one cd.
    Last edited by Camarines; March 28th, 2011 at 05:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Camarines View Post
    Those are good keeps. What I would do is select the ones I can use and record it on windows sound recorder (.wav file) and copy them to a compact disc that you can play on your cd player. I've done it to the Hugh Norman Keep. The audio of the keep fits in one cd.
    you are miles ahead of me in computer technology. I would not be able to do that to save my life.

Post Thanks / Like

Hugh Norman impressed me as a youngster more than any rooster man i ever met, he was brilliant, must have had a very high IQ.
    I visited his home, along with another roosterman and he talked for about half an hour and then announced he got $500.00 per hour for discussing genetics, i pulled out a $20.00 bill and told him i'd only heard that much,,he laughed and said "boys come on out and look at my birds"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath View Post
    you are miles ahead of me in computer technology. I would not be able to do that to save my life.
    It actually been in windows operating system but I just have a small microphone that I can record the sound. It just takes patience to use the software because you can only record few minutes at a time an it will pause. Then you hit record button again and then speak on the microphone. Right now I'm listening to the Harry Parr book in audio.

Post Thanks / Like

If I want to do the video with sound I will have to use the windows moviemaker software that is free with windows xp.

We just bought a lap top with windows 7. The Office program only has a starter program. The vendor told us microsoft is restricted on having complete office software program on their operating system as it would put other software developer out of business. I have to buy the complete office program that will have spreadsheet, database, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Brk every time u write something i feel like your trying to sell me on some thing or cheat me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lansford101 View Post
    Brk every time u write something i feel like your trying to sell me on some thing or cheat me
    Like a greasy used car salesman

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a keep from The Gamecock magazine from Marsh.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like

The best keep would depend on the kind of birds, facilities and time you have, too many factors (even the weather at your farm and where you fight) just because a certain persons wins 80% with a particular method does not mean it will work for you. Its important to find something that suits you and your birds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonio View Post
    The best keep would depend on the kind of birds, facilities and time you have, too many factors (even the weather at your farm and where you fight) just because a certain persons wins 80% with a particular method does not mean it will work for you. Its important to find something that suits you and your birds.
    i agree with you!!!you dont need to use someone elses keep you need to use your own i understand that you need someone to get u started in right direction but over time you will notice that you have changed things here and there to help you were the man that taught you how to feed didnt do it that way!

Post Thanks / Like

blackdeath thanks for posting that, I had been searching for that

Post Thanks / Like

365 days a year, clean water, good feed, everyday! Then try two or three weeks of training...

Post Thanks / Like

The best keep is the one you develop around your birds , they are individuals breed to compete in the same event and cannot be in a program that is'nt designed for them . If the birds are from someone you trust ask their advice or post photos and give a discription of them and their style or video and I'll help you design a keep no charge...Tom

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't read all the post before I spoke ...but I stand behind what I said...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vic5.0 View Post
    blackdeath thanks for posting that, I had been searching for that
    you are very welcome Vic5.0

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Camarines View Post
    It actually been in windows operating system but I just have a small microphone that I can record the sound. It just takes patience to use the software because you can only record few minutes at a time an it will pause. Then you hit record button again and then speak on the microphone. Right now I'm listening to the Harry Parr book in audio.

Sir, where can I get a copy of Harry Parr's book?

Post Thanks / Like

find something that makes sense to you the frank shy method would be a good place to start he makes alot of sense

Post Thanks / Like

This was in 2011 when you asked this question. Did you find what you were looking for?
    What was it and did you do any better?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gaff View Post
    This was in 2011 when you asked this question. Did you find what you were looking for?
    What was it and did you do any better?
    good follow up question........
    let us know rogelio

Post Thanks / Like

Back in the 80' and 90's I had a job that gave me the time to complete a 21 day keep without any interuptions, now with the present job I have weekly rotating shifts and I have spent the last several months trying to modify my old conditioning method to work with my shift work! Now I am going to give it a try and see what comes out of it. I have already selected the fowl I will be putting through this keep that will be entered in a 2 cock derby. My biggest concern was the feeding times as I wanted to be consistent on the hours they are fed and making sure that they're rotation is kept on schedule!
    I read up on a lot of other keeps to help me figure out what I can do but what I realized what I was doing was just making it harder for myself to try and implement other things from different keeps when all I actually needed to do was just modify me old method. What help out even more was understanding and getting to know the birds you are going to be conditioning. To me this was the biggest factor, knowing your birds, keeping them healthy from the beginning. Hope this helps!
    Rogelio, it sounds to me that you may be lacking or over doing something in your conditioning method, look over what you do, the methods, medication/supplements being used, pointing method, the fowl selection. I'm no expert but it be might that you are doing something too little or too much. Good luck friend!
    Last edited by jncblas; February 3rd, 2013 at 02:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Id say the silmpliest is the sammy keep works good and dont worry abiut the moisture with the pellets.works good for me.yfis

Post Thanks / Like

I think TONIO said it best follow that you will not go wrong