Thread: mites

Post Thanks / Like

mites

could any one tell me the best thing 2 use 2 kill mites.you no there are 2 types black mites which you can kill easy but there are the little tiny red mites and these are hard 2 kill any info will be greatfull thanks BLACKCROW

Post Thanks / Like

Re: mites

alot of people here in hawaii use the ADAMS FLEA AND TICK SPRAY....this kills them all and makes your bird smell good also

Post Thanks / Like

use ivermectin, pour-on for cattel. i put it in a spray bottle get there wings and vent also in the hackle.don't spray it on their heads! it works in second's

Post Thanks / Like

I still use the old school type, malathion and it works well for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Premethrin 10 and sevin dust. Premethrin 10 is a mix with water and use a sprayer. Works great for pens and chickens I soak them good with it.

Post Thanks / Like

sevin dust 10% is off market in usa they have 5% no good..... i use adams... also switch out using black salve and ivomic....

cigar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts44903 View Post
    I have been using Premethrin 10 and sevin dust. Premethrin 10 is a mix with water and use a sprayer. Works great for pens and chickens I soak them good with it.
    ya bro,thats what i used but only 1 time. i need 2 do it again.have you ever seen the tiny red mites they are harder to kill thanks for the info . BLACKCROW

Post Thanks / Like

the best thing ive used for mites is WD 40,in a spray can.not a lot just where the mites are.lice are easy tokill.over the yrs ive used malathon,ravap,permectrin.hot shot in the red can wich they dont make any more.all i use now is the ravap and havent seen a mite in yrs but if i did i would spray a little WD 40 and will kill them on contact.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks to all for the great info

Post Thanks / Like

No tiny red mites here them might be what we call chiggers. Spelling might be wrong on it. I know the hardest mite to kill is the northern fowl mite them suckers damn near tougher then a cockroach.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone ever tried soaking their flypens with diesel or would the fumes hang around to long?

Post Thanks / Like

Bifen, Red Stop,Neem Oil, Bayer Tree & Shub, Mite X, are just a few all safe to spray directly on the fowl when mixed by directions. And all those except Bifen if you made a mistake and got heavy handed with the dosage wouldn't hurt the fowl! And since you'd be spraying everything including fowl I'd get at least a qaurt so you could have enough to spray as needed but those products work in one application & spray after dark so you can get alot of em while they out & about.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I've dipped their legs in kerosene and used motor oil for leg mites. A good kennel dip should handle most mites.

Post Thanks / Like

Revenge barn & stable liquid . I mix it like it says for a dip & or roost pole spray. I dip my chickens , beagles & put it on cattle rubs. The stuff works & has good residual so hangs around a while.

15. Likes roostercm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwood View Post
    Revenge barn & stable liquid . I mix it like it says for a dip & or roost pole spray. I dip my chickens , beagles & put it on cattle rubs. The stuff works & has good residual so hangs around a while.
    Stay away from cattle products with Lyndol in it. You did a dog in that & he'll be dead before you can set him down to roll on the ground.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I had dealt with this problem for about 3 years. The red mite is surprisingly hard to finish. that is to say. with only one that live, it's enough to in a matter of days you will return to the problem. It is not too much to say that these creatures go out to suck blood from the birds only during the night. if you observe them during the day it is because you have a serious problem.

The most obvious sign that your facilities are infected is that the birds show their pale face. even in very severe cases they can kill your roosters.

I will share the most effective and economic solution that I have found so far ... and it is GASOLINE ... after having used what many of you mentioned plus other chemicals, all of them very expensive and dangerous. axidentally I found the gasoline which ends with them instantly the smell only lasts one day since gasoline is volatile.

IMPORTANT: To really finish them, it is necessary to start a program of 3 fumigations, that is, one every 7 days.

Do not put gasoline in your cocks, instead give them a shower to kill any red mite they might have on their body. use in any chemical mentioned above.

Discard any wooden cage, since the red mite lives in the grooves and joints of the wood mainly.

If someone had told me about the gas, I would not have spent so much money and I would not have exposed poisonous substances to myself and my roosters.
    good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Deep woods off will kill black mites

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

say you have a broody hen with chics and she has mites? would you treat the same way?

20. Likes gaff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=GA OUTLAW;4887194]Stay away from cattle products with Lyndol in it. You did a dog in that & he'll be dead before you can set him down to roll on the ground.

No this product is permythrin 13.5 % with petroleum distillates to make it residual for up to month. It's been working for me last couple years

Post Thanks / Like

If you guys are looking for something to keep every insect off your fowl I have heard great things about a product made in Mexico.. send me a pm or text and I'll see what I can do to help you out. To tell you how strong it is it only takes 5 drops per bird and works for a few months

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk