Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brunner roundhead

Post Thanks / Like

Brunner roundhead

Cockmates, I,m thinking of acguiring some of this bloodline from a very reputable breeder . Before i decide to do this can anyone tell me if its worth getting this bloodline. If so what would be the best bloodline to cross it with?Are they early maturing, game and can this particular line cut. Thank you .

Post Thanks / Like

Brunners

I have seen some pure brunners kick some butt! They are fast and man can they cut! Go for it!! Oh and btw, who's the breeder?

-STLito

3. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    STLito thank you for your reply. The breeder - cocker is in Davao PI. He was the cocker of the year in 2003 & I think his brother was also the breeder of the year in 2002 in Mindanao i think if i'm not mistaken.

Ferdinand Borja
    Cocmates,

You mentioned Peter Uy and Chonkie Uy i think. Call him at 09177023553.

3BCA
    Post Thanks / Like
    from Davao 2 UY brothers Atu farm=Chiongkee Uy, and Bravo farm of Bebot Uy "The seeds of Mindanao".
    Peter uy is from Antipolo,Rizal (Luzon), a friend of Mr. Emoy Gorgonia of Tukaan.

snamla
    Brunners of the Uy brothers of Davao City are basically crossed with the sweaters or their blue face. They made it very succesful.

El Espaņol

Friend

If they will part with a straight Trio of the TRUE BRUNNER bloodline, and I have no doubt that they have what they claim, you would be a fool not to aquire them.

These are really some of the best cutting steel fowl on the planet.

Just make sure they are not crossed....if you are planning on using them for breeding purposes. Battle cocks, buy as many as you can afford!

Good luck Sir!

Respectfully,

9. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    james wolf
    EL Espa, have brunner from Roger Roberts, what I notice in sparring, maybe less vertical than my lacy, but much better on the ground than the lacy. Going to cross with my lacys & than follow Roger's advice & cross with his chet. I like the brunner. jim

11. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    El Espaņol

James!

Hello! How ya been?

I am visiting your area in January and maybe we can hook up. I sure would like to get a pair of those Brunners if you have them for sale. Anyway, email me your telephone number there and maybe we can hook up. I think I will be showing some cocks that month around your place too.

Sincerely,

Post Thanks / Like
    Origin and Development of Bruner Fowl ....

Post Thanks / Like
    If those are Brunners from the Uy brothers of Davao, did he mention that which farm in the US did they acquire them? Does the name Timberlane RH rings a bell?

Post Thanks / Like

Brunner Roundheads

Swallow,

You are right!! Those are Donald Fontenot Brunners that Donald got from Jimmy Williams and Billy Abbott. They used to swap chickens long before Billy and Jimmy died. When Jimmy Williams was lying in his death bed, he instructed his wife to entrust all his Brunner broodpen to Robert "Bulldog" May of Georgia. Bulldog went on to rip the circuit before, using the same bloodline. The Uy's got their first from a guy in California who is a very good friend of Donald. However, they preferred the trio that was bred by Dax Ganzon, instead of the trio that they paid for $2,500 from Mr. Fontenot. Mr. Fontenot has retired from breeding after losing his son from a gunshot wound. You may still notice the Timberlane entry at Sunset nowadays, simply because this group are using Don's broodpen.

Spangle

16. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brunners

Does Robert May still have this family of Brunners? And if he does, are they as good as when they were in the hands of D. Fontenot? Also, who are the people that are fighting under the TIMBERLANE banner at Sunset? :rbounce:

18. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Felito,

Timberlane - Burt L.

Good Brunner Roundheads and more...

Henry N.

20. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Timberlane

Show me the way "the one". Lead me to Burt L.:hombre: pm the info. if you get a chance.

mendozaaloy
    hello everyone..

I am interested in acquiring Brunner Roundhead..Pls send me an email to mendozaaloy@aol.com for information on where to get one here in states. You suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Harold

sam007

Re: Brunner roundhead

OHRabbitman

Thumbs up Re: Brunner roundhead

The guy that got me started in roosters has some of the best brunners that I have seen. They are a little wild acting and you have to be very gentle with them. If you have them right it is very hard to stay with them the first 15 seconds. They cut good and are very good fighters.

25. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

pic nman dyan..

Post Thanks / Like

Can somebody describe it's looks.

fmgomez

Talking Re: Brunner roundhead

From my opinion, if you get ther right ones, I think they are the best roundhead family their is. I think they have better cutting abilities and can take more steel than any other roundhead family. Just my opinion.
    LOL,
    YFIS

29. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

aside from uy brothers ,is there any one breeding bruner

Post Thanks / Like

The real brunner is white leg peacomb sometimes come straightcomb due to white hackle infusion similar in looks with original lacy roundhead as they have the same foundation blood (boston roundhead of fred saunders).

They are ground fighter lots of bottom and could cut very well...they are a bit slow usually wait for the oponent to strike first then he will side step and give that powerful single salto shot.

32. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

and if they throw dark legged fowl in some occasion...they should come from the timberlane entry...

34. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My GRP Bruner. Inbreed since Willis Holding made this blood.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...Picture005.jpg

One of GRP old bruner in the Pens. His about 5 to 6 yera old.
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...a/100_0025.jpg

His full brother from the picture above.
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...a/100_0027.jpg

They alway come out Pearl legged, peacomb. Some young stag will come out just a little dirty feet but when they become cocks there legs will turn pearl legged.
    Last edited by EXODIA; July 7th, 2007 at 03:08 PM.

36. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

the bruner blood of mr. fontenot aren't the prettiest birds around but they sure could handle themselves against the best there is when they're in the pits .. i was able to acquire birds from fontenot a lil before he got out .. took me a couple of years of phoning and askin him to sell me some birds before he ever did sell me some .. asked an arm and a leg ( gloves and shoes included .. haha ) for stags but that's just how it is if you want some good ones .. the roundheads are good all around chickens .. i did well with them and i'm sure those who have them are doin just as well as i did.

just my two cents ..

38. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OHRabbitman
    The guy that got me started in roosters has some of the best brunners that I have seen. They are a little wild acting and you have to be very gentle with them. If you have them right it is very hard to stay with them the first 15 seconds. They cut good and are very good fighters.

i agree, specially if you have the right ones...they're a little wild acting (one of the characteristics of the real bruners) and you have to be very gentle with them.. one of the best cutting fowl in my opinion.
    Last edited by louie; July 7th, 2007 at 09:20 PM.

40. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

and they are rascal.......

Quote Originally Posted by louie
    i agree, specially if you have the right ones...they're a little wild acting (one of the characteristics of the real bruners) and you have to be very gentle with them.. one of the best cutting fowl in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

yes...them brunners are real pecky...but they are not worst than the endearing pinch from your loveeeey...got 3 lines of brunners...jimmy williams through randy new, don fontenot
    direct, and capt. de sagun...their blends are showing greatness but they were late hatched
    and will miss the stag derby's this year...

43. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Who can tell me about the brunners of Ken Kincannon. They were said to be Larry Morris bloodline??? or somebody from Florida. I remember one time he has an article in one of the gamefowl mags in US about his brunners and where they came from. Best crossed with whitehackles I guess and cross with lacy blood. I think lanceys roundhead has brunner in them. Not the Bostons but the D.O. Plaza direct that came from the late Billy Abbot. I heard that Bulldog Mays has them gilmores too. The Ken Kincannon I have seen are fast but careless but has a very good cutting. Medium breakers and the hens come dark brown spangled and blackish spangled with dirty feet. The cock is dark red medium stationed fowls with long bodies at times.
    Last edited by Warrant; August 30th, 2007 at 11:51 PM.