Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Miner Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Miner blues

who in the states has some good miner blue... im mainly looking for the yellow legged straight combed... ive heard wayne johnson do you guys know anything about this.?? thank you for your time

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Miner blues

Quote Originally Posted by CRUCIAL909
    who in the states has some good miner blue... im mainly looking for the yellow legged straight combed... ive heard wayne johnson do you guys know anything about this.?? thank you for your time
    FEATHER RIVER BLUES , JOE STANFIELD

Post Thanks / Like

up...up..up... more info guys am also interested...

Post Thanks / Like

up one more so that it will be noticed by others..

Post Thanks / Like

Heres' my imported miner blue hen that I experimented to cross with my blueface hatch. This miner blue hen is from a gentleman cocker in US who doesn't sell his line. Most of the early offspring of this hen won without loss but some draws. It's only hard to produce her offsprings as you have to be watchful while she's laying the eggs because she eats them.

Her offsprings comes in miner blue color yellow and white legged but sometimes produces dark colored fowl with white and yellow legs. The dark fowl with white legs are really awesome and sometimes reaches up to 3 wins.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...0080427451.jpg

mikesmith

hoochatown blue are best blues in the states... my opinion they have minors and pyles, he fights them in all weopons, but mainly sk... google hoochatown game farm and his sight will be on there. ruport and marion cogburn are the names. i have had great success from them, won 6\6 at a stag derby last month, then 5\6 with th3 same stags last week to win the derby. lk was the first derby, sk the second.

blastpak

Quote Originally Posted by mikesmith
    hoochatown blue are best blues in the states... my opinion they have minors and pyles, he fights them in all weopons, but mainly sk... google hoochatown game farm and his sight will be on there. ruport and marion cogburn are the names. i have had great success from them, won 6\6 at a stag derby last month, then 5\6 with th3 same stags last week to win the derby. lk was the first derby, sk the second.
    Kudos! Mikesmith... what a very reassuring record you've got with your blues. Got my dark ones from them too and they really cut well. By the way, what do you cross your stock with; Roundheads?

Post Thanks / Like

Miner Blue

The Miner Blue make alot of Black fowl what happens when you breed one of these black Miner Blues with another black family of chickens?They would probably have been fast and good cutters and mostly all black fowl?Right?Historically speaking has any one ever made the black miner blue to black cross?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Miner Blue

My grandpa had minor blues for decades. He also had muggs. He had some increadible roosters that were mugg blues back when it was legal. I do not know what blacks you talk about, but he had great luck with his minor blues and mugg crosses.

Post Thanks / Like

Carolina Blues, those are the favorte breed of Peping Cojuangco and Esting Tiopaco from
    Tarlac, Central Azucarerra de Tarlac. next to impossible to acquire

Post Thanks / Like

I am talking about breeding the blacks that come out of the Miner blue stock back to some Shuffler.

Post Thanks / Like

i've crossed my blue to a black velcro, good cross, the blue (blue fever) has the style

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I did not understand your question. We tried breeding our minor blues to shufflers and they did not click. I will still stand by breeding minor blues to a good family of muggs if one has the chance. We kept breeding them back to mugg to get almost all mugg with a little blue in them and they were awesome black chickens.

Post Thanks / Like

I was wanting to know if you kept breeding the blacks if the blue would disappear.Hope they go with my Shufflers.I guess if you keep breeding black to black you get 100% black.That is what i want good blacks so I am going to try and make my own.

15. Likes Wicho209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by garyonate View Post
    Carolina Blues, those are the favorte breed of Peping Cojuangco and Esting Tiopaco from
    Tarlac, Central Azucarerra de Tarlac. next to impossible to acquire
    i have wilbourne blues frm magno lim and this blue was originated frm esting tiopaco

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a Minor Blue or a Minor Black... We have had Minor blues and Minor Reds in our family for generations...but have never got a black out of the blues or the Reds. That being said if you cross the blues over black and continue to go that route you will get blacks. However you will still have some blue pop up.

Post Thanks / Like

i had some white legged miner blue cock, put it over a Macrea hen, had 4 stags all four won, one of then has won 5 times, put him over his mama and i lied them for at 1/2 blue 1/2 black.. and they look nicer.

Post Thanks / Like

1/2 Red & White Hamlin Asil 1/2 Miner Blue Brood Hen ( direct from my bro Jerry Hamlin)

Post Thanks / Like

My hen is that shade of blue with three or four pure black feathers in her tail.She makes alot of pure black chickens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asilish1 View Post
    1/2 Red & White Hamlin Asil 1/2 Miner Blue Brood Hen ( direct from my bro Jerry Hamlin)
    beautiful hen you've got there sir.... sexy...

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Jon! Her only flaw is she picks on her chicks days after hatching. I have to seperate her and put chicks in the brooder otherwise, the chicks wings will be all messed up. I don't why she does it though.

Post Thanks / Like

That's wierd for a 1/2 Asil hen to peck her own chicks after only a few days of hatching. My 1/2 Atkinson Asil 1/2 Cowan hen and my other hen that is 1/4 Peruvian are excellent mamas. The Asil Cowan hen will usually start to peck on her chicks once they reached 1 month old so that's when we take them away.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful blue hennie ED!

@ EPG5, I agree. Maybe she no like noisy biddies.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asilish1 View Post
    Thank you Jon! Her only flaw is she picks on her chicks days after hatching. I have to seperate her and put chicks in the brooder otherwise, the chicks wings will be all messed up. I don't why she does it though.
    Must be a Asil thing not had it in either of my Hamlin FamilysJerrys or the Edwins but My Pataya asil hen took out her first hatching like you talked about picking them.Shes setting now again I am going to transfer them to my incubator to hatch shes a really nice hen worth the trouble.Was her first setting she might not do it again but cant take the chance. Nice hen you have there good luck with her-Jim
    Last edited by j007; August 18th, 2011 at 08:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldAl View Post
    My hen is that shade of blue with three or four pure black feathers in her tail.She makes alot of pure black chickens.
    i have a minor blue hen looks like what you described her first sit this year were all blue and her second sit was 3 blue and five black

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldAl View Post
    The Miner Blue make alot of Black fowl what happens when you breed one of these black Miner Blues with another black family of chickens?They would probably have been fast and good cutters and mostly all black fowl?Right?Historically speaking has any one ever made the black miner blue to black cross?
    Al, theoretically if you bred blue to black, you should get 50% blue and 50% black offspring. If you then breed the black to black you should get 100% black. It is said that at one time the Sid Taylor's original fowl were blue, and black was then added by him...look at them now...LOL
    Last edited by Mike Everett; August 19th, 2011 at 01:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

well al , im gonna find out for you , as i to am triing to make a black family from my blues the first year i ever owned them i had got black fowl from them and then one here one there along the way wel this year out of my number 4 pen , 2nd cousins it is a self blue hen and a blue red cock , and i got lots of blacks from them but i new i would she had a black mask tint to her face and a few specks of black , just kinda new it would happen , wll i got some real nice wine red blacks and some all blacks and some brow red that came out , 1 female for the first time this year every other year they had all been male, these are blacks that cam out of blue chickens and im breeding them to blacks that came out of blue chickens , i think this is gonna be fun

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think I have ever heard of true Minor Blues throwin blacks.. OlAl you might have a cross in your hands cause me personally I have never read or heard of Minor Blues throwin blacks, And I believe its Minor not Miner if we are talkin about the same Blues, I might be wrong on the name but I'm almost certain..Breed them to blacks and you'll more then likely get all kinds of colors and a few blacks if your hen is a cross, even if she is pure as snow blues will throw reds, blue greys,spangles all kinds of stuff but I have never heard of Blacs, I bred them for a spurt I got mine from the late Fred Ettlemen they where good for the most part but they where too inconsistent for me, they where good cutters just not what I wanted they died too fast or atleast pretended to die until they got back home..