Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Miner Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Miner Blue

Quote Originally Posted by EDeocampo View Post
    what bloodline of blues do you have ,i see you have a bunch of them is it all the same or do you have different bloodlines

St.Louis Club

Miner's Blues where 100% straight comb he lived 50 miles north of my grandfather and my grandfather has had the blues from Lloyd since the 60's Mr grandfather and Lloyd Miners handler Wes Harris where very close friends. Tey never came pea comb ever. They where a old blue family that Lloyd got from an old irish bar tender named Nick Vipon. They comb pyle, red, dark blue, and a spec kind of splash color. Legs come any color under the sun. I have a pic of a blue stag in my pics.

St.Louis Club

There are some very good breeders who have this family. My grandfather but I dont know how many he raised this year. Also A man in Louisiana and my uncle in Kentucky.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to add that I have seen the real deal minors come jet black and almost snow white and every color in between. RL Bishop has the real deal. His best broodcock was solid black with white legs (he lost him a few years back) Mr. Bishop has a great family of Mclean hatch he uses to keep them going. Gamest blues alive!

St.Louis Club

your statement that he uses hatch blood to "keep" them going does that mean he added some and then tried to breed it out or to try to keep them fresh. That means they are not pure. W.T.Green told me one time if the cow gets a little crap in the milk bucket no matter how much milk you put back in the bucket there is still crap in there.

St.Louis Club

I will say your right on color though I have seen the dark ones come pretty dang dark and the pyles come pretty darn white. Also I mean no disrespect just pointing out once you add outside blood it is new family it can never be the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of the dark/almost black blues, this is a pure stag I raised this year that is almost all black from Randy hall broodstock, which is the same as Bishop's blood

cockfighter_199

So you could almost say that Miner Blues come different colors like Mugs?

Post Thanks / Like

Sir, I understand that you mean no respect, but I know that everyone has their own breeding methods. RL may keep some "pure" but I will say his fowl are well proven and hundreds of his blues are winning blue ribbons year and year out. I know the Minor's bred in and bred blood out to maintain pit quality fowl. I like breeding pure and making crosses to compete myself (when legal) but some people like to have proven pit cocks in the broodpens. If the outside blood is just as good and knicks with your strain, its more like gold than chit

Post Thanks / Like

Someone said you can not breed the blue out...now im not a expert, and there is many on here that has more knowledge than i do. However i was always taught that just about anything can be bred out...if you have the patience and time to do so. Now its my understanding that all of MR. Miners birds had the Vipon Blue in them...we still have 2 lines that came directly from Mr. Miner. The one throws the Red Blues, Pyles and so on. The second line which my brother calls Miner Reds...throws Reds only has since he got them 20+ years ago. Before that our mentor who originally got them from Mr. Miner also said he had never got a blue out of them. Also acording to him this was one of Mr. Mires preferred lines and that he did not let many of go.

So far this is the way they look... SC/WL

">

Post Thanks / Like

I like the cutting of this blues. Accurate and one blow as fought as stags during a 4 cock derby in PSG. and it fought good fighting a 3 year old cocks. I fought this for a test on a derby to be tested and im satiesfied.

Its where i come to think that its accuracy really shows that it has a roundhead family.

St.Louis Club

miner did have a red family that looked just like your picture and in his later years he tried to make familys by color pyle,dark blue, light blue, red and so on.

Post Thanks / Like

We've been breeding the Dark-Miners for quite sometime now. They will come out looking dark blue,shuffler in coloration and some will favor the look of some quill influence.Once in awile get a dark spangle one,not to often thou. Always straight combed. They have great timing and are smart. I've competed them in the Mex and american shows with good success. They cross really well with whitehackles and my penny hatch. Mr Miner bred a Hatch cock from Mareno I think sometime back in the 60's and other crosses, and tried to breed other fowl into his blues. I believe him and Rex liked the Dark ones the best, I never cared for the pea-combed blues that I seen others show,they just weren't consistent enough for me,lacked power and had to raise 30 just to get 3-5 good ones. Not many people have good Miners anymore. BUT, they are around. YFIS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by St.Louis Club View Post
    miner did have a red family that looked just like your picture and in his later years he tried to make familys by color pyle,dark blue, light blue, red and so on.

Do you know if he ever got any spangles...I was talking to him and he said on occasion he would get a spangle out of his.

Post Thanks / Like

Authentic Blues are awesome but, their station(low to medium high) is a problem for the PI derby shows. And seems like they pull down any higher station bloodlines you cross unto them. I could be wrong but just my observed. Good day y'all!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some of my Miner Blues....they really do come a wide variety of colors. I get alot of black ones when crossing them to red chickens.

pair of 3/4 Miner Blue x 1/4 Doc Romaker Albany baby stags

3/4 Miner Blue x 1/4 Doc Romaker Albany baby stag

1/2 Miner Blue x 1/2 Doc Romaker Albany hen (blackish blue)

Pair of 1/2 Miner Blue x 1/2 Doc Romaker Albanys (half brother and sister)

Pair of pure Miner Blues (in the moult)
    Last edited by Cossatot; August 16th, 2012 at 03:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw greys View Post
    I beleave black is dominate over all colors i have hatch/ muggs with less than an eighth mugg blood in them look like pure muggs
    Some of that black could also be coming from the hatch side...Most all strains of hatch have some black in their background...Ever notice the dark circles around a lot of hatch chickens eyes...that comes from no other fowl but black,,,A sure fire indication theres black blood in the background..yfis

Post Thanks / Like

I just hatched some 7/8 Albany 1/8 Miner Blue (out of a 3/4 Albany 1/4 Blue pullet that looks like a brown red) and two out of 8 chicks are black and white (mostly black). Some of the brothers and sisters to the brown red colored pullet are coal black, only 1/4 Miner in them. The black is dominate.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like