Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: high creek blues

Post Thanks / Like

high creek blues

does anyone have the blood what do they think of them? I redcently bout cockfighters the interviews and I tell you its a damn good dvd does anyone know his prices and have his contact info and can pm it to me but I would like to see what ppl think about this line

Post Thanks / Like

Re: high creek blues

They have a website. Or they did. Not sure now.

Post Thanks / Like

I looked for the site and couldn't find one if you find it could you post a link thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I do not think they are raising fowl anymore. Howard Nivision was in a bad motorcycle accident. I forget how many years ago it was. I know couple guys who have some of them pure. I have 1 pure cock he only about 5 years old and can not get anything out of him. My blue blood carries some of the Highcreek in them. They are damn good fowl in my opinion. Howard was a man of his word and would send what he said he was sending. I know one thing them Highcreeks back when we could travel in the states would add more to cut to any family. Every once in awhile you will get one that was mean from them. The Highcreeks play a big part in actually how my blues was made. I traded a Highcreek cock for a Hancock Blue cock. Since they was similar it made a great nick. Then again that is not all that is in my blues.

Back to the Highcreek Blues now they have a little of everything in them. I have seen greys, reds, doms, whites,pyles , and blue in coloring come from them. I heard people did well with them in LK. Back when it was legal. I will look for my history of the Highcreek blues book later and try to post what all is in them.

Post Thanks / Like

I can not find the book where it has the breeding of the Highcreeks. If somebody has it I am sure the information would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

here is a history on them.
    http://gamefowlbreeders.info/content...h-creek-blues/
    they used to have a website but can't find it now.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you find what your looking for 789 what are you wanting to breed for show ? Just getting started showing games you can easily end up with a yard of everything coming and going. get a game plan on the style of show birds you want. Try a couple breeds for awhile . As young as you are you could be really accomplished at showing birds. Wish I had your time left ...but let us know what you want in a show of birds. your friend in TN.

Post Thanks / Like

it's difficult to find highcreek blues nowadays ever since the breeder stoped few years ago... i've been trying to find a pullet or hen for a long time now to pair with my cock with no luck...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zvinzonz View Post
    it's difficult to find highcreek blues nowadays ever since the breeder stoped few years ago... i've been trying to find a pullet or hen for a long time now to pair with my cock with no luck...
    I'm pretty sure that if you asked around in northern Utah there would still be a few around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BIGG JOE View Post
    Hope you find what your looking for 789 what are you wanting to breed for show ? Just getting started showing games you can easily end up with a yard of everything coming and going. get a game plan on the style of show birds you want. Try a couple breeds for awhile . As young as you are you could be really accomplished at showing birds. Wish I had your time left ...but let us know what you want in a show of birds. your friend in TN.
    Just looking for some pure breeds most of what I got or what is pure are battle cocks and stags the rest are crosses. But they are good birds in my opinon but I wouldh like to find some pure roundheads simbeck or lacey.. hatch doc or col. Givens kelso hen(out and out) sweater nesmith. Doms(not sure what the bests doms are but they semm to be good birds plus being the only one in my county to have them if anyone has any of these let me know can't pay the high dollars because I'm 15 and don't have a steady income thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

you wouldn't happen to be from northern utah or atleast close right?

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if you asked around in northern Utah there would still be a few around.

Post Thanks / Like

I can check with my buddy he might have some this fall. My blues carry Highcreek in them as well. My blues aint pure highcreeks but, I feel they are a little better then the pure highcreeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts44903 View Post
    I can check with my buddy he might have some this fall. My blues carry Highcreek in them as well. My blues aint pure highcreeks but, I feel they are a little better then the pure highcreeks.

where did you cross your highcreek??? i was thinking about toolpusher might be an option... where are you from by the way???

Post Thanks / Like

you wouldn't happen to be from northern utah or atleast close right?
    no, I'm not from Utah. a few hours away from there.
    Last edited by blackdeath; May 10th, 2011 at 10:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

where did you cross your highcreek??? i was thinking about toolpusher might be an option... where are you from by the way???
    I crossed them on the old Sonny hancock blues and Boone blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: high creek blues

Just stumbled onto this. I'm the great and famous "Bacon" (Howard Nivison) who originated the High Creek Blues 30+ years ago. We were kickin' ass and takin' names till one day a lady in an SUV hit me on my 4 wheeler (she was doin' 75mph. Tore my leg off, scrambled my brain (take my advice, wear a helmit). Killed me, but I recovered nicely. I'm just now beginning to really return to life. Still have the blood and they're lookin' pretty damn fine. Goin' to hit it big time again beginning next March. I've had a lot of folks call and chat, but I really haven't been me for quite a while, so I don't know what I've been sayin' or how accurate I've been, but I'm back now and please to have found this community! If you spoke to me in the past and I promised you leadership of the known universe, please disregard.. I'm gonna keep that. All the best and keep struttin' & crowin'!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibaconi View Post
    Just stumbled onto this. I'm the great and famous "Bacon" (Howard Nivison) who originated the High Creek Blues 30+ years ago. We were kickin' ass and takin' names till one day a lady in an SUV hit me on my 4 wheeler (she was doin' 75mph. Tore my leg off, scrambled my brain (take my advice, wear a helmit). Killed me, but I recovered nicely. I'm just now beginning to really return to life. Still have the blood and they're lookin' pretty damn fine. Goin' to hit it big time again beginning next March. I've had a lot of folks call and chat, but I really haven't been me for quite a while, so I don't know what I've been sayin' or how accurate I've been, but I'm back now and please to have found this community! If you spoke to me in the past and I promised you leadership of the known universe, please disregard.. I'm gonna keep that. All the best and keep struttin' & crowin'!
    You seem......interesting.....good luck to ya!

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to you in the past but that was before your accident. So are you back breeding the High Creek Blues?

Post Thanks / Like

good to see ya back with us. Do your remember if ya still got the hens we sent you?

Post Thanks / Like

This person (ibaconi) is NOT "Bacon" Nivsion. I have seen the interview with him countless times. He does NOT talk like that at all!! Motorcycle accident or not.. He simply does not use that kind of english.. Bacon is clearly an intelligent and VERY humble man.. he would not say stupid things like: "I am the great and famous bacon" or "we were kickn' ass and takin' names" I've seen the video too many times to believe that bull**** for one second.

Post Thanks / Like

hey im need sum roosters n hens from highcreek can anyone help

Post Thanks / Like

so do u knw kevin if so i need sum blues

Post Thanks / Like

Was this farm owned by some guy named Bacon something?? I know a fella who ordered eggs & never got em... Or his money back... I think the guy was in some auto accident that didn't kill him, but pretty much ruined him....

Post Thanks / Like

Slipspur yes he was in bad motorcycle accident. From what I understand a lot of people's orders got lost during that time. I was one of the lucky ones. I shipped him a hen for another rooster. Got the rooster but, it took awhile.

kkkirk there is a guy in Washington State that has some. My buddy ordered from him this year. That is best I can do for ya right now. I know my blues carry good bit of Highcreek in them.
    Last edited by Roberts44903; July 29th, 2011 at 06:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

roberts is there any way u could find out if there is anyway of me gettin a white paair or just a white hen

Post Thanks / Like

I will try to get a hold of my buddy and get the guys number. If nothing there I might be able to fix you up. I got white hen and majority of mine come pyle colored as cocks. You can see them over on gamerooster under this handle in image gallery.

Post Thanks / Like

hell ya man i reall appricated that man thats gunna make my dads day i really do need a hen or other we open minded butim shootin for a highcreek blue haha but my email is kalynkeith2@gmail.com please get ahold of me thanks kalyn

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer to part with the roosters cause I got more of them then hens but, we can work something out I will email ya tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

k thanks do email n ask buddy in washgion st sry cant really spell haha but ya i need a hem hot ate

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: high creek blues

Quote Originally Posted by yellowlegs View Post
    This person (ibaconi) is NOT "Bacon" Nivsion. I have seen the interview with him countless times. He does NOT talk like that at all!! Motorcycle accident or not.. He simply does not use that kind of english.. Bacon is clearly an intelligent and VERY humble man.. he would not say stupid things like: "I am the great and famous bacon" or "we were kickn' ass and takin' names" I've seen the video too many times to believe that bull**** for one second.
    This is very funny to me as I know bacon very well. And I assure you that this is him talking here, It is very humorous to think that people think they know him when i can tell that some of you dont have any clue to what you are talking about. but anyways he used to have a website but after Bacons fourwheeler accident surviving was a priority now that he is well again he is kicking up production and kickn' ass and takin names. He does have a book and if you are interested I am sure that he will send out copies. I am uploading some pictures of our birds some of mine and some of his here in a while