Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rooster too heavy. What to feed to lose weight.

Rooster too heavy. What to feed to lose weight.

I have one cock thats keeps gaining weight. I don't over feed him and I rotate him and he gets a lot of exercise but keeps gaining weight. Is there something I can feed to help with weight loss?

Re: Rooster too heavy. What to feed to lose weight.

try ask yourself, if u was working out AT the gym and u didnt over eat and u kept gaining weight, what would be the cause? maybe its because muscle weighs more than fat so u get heavier when building muscle even if its lean muscle...or maybe u not over eating but u are eating too much carbs or fatty foods.....but if u are not gaining fat weight then it must be muscle or water retention.....same with the birds and any other animals

That has nothing to do with the bird gaining about an ounce a day. He gets the same feed as all my birds, so it aint too much carbs, he doesnt eat "fatty foods". He gets the same exercise as all my birds but is the only one that keeps gaining weight. And you can get lighter and lose weight while still building lean muscle. Trust me I know, I've done it! Just because you build muscle doenst really mean you going get heavier. You can build muscle and still lose weight. Thats why I asked what could I give/feed that cock to lose weight.
    Last edited by TurboSohc; May 7th, 2011 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboSohc View Post
    I have one cock thats keeps gaining weight. I don't over feed him and I rotate him and he gets a lot of exercise but keeps gaining weight. Is there something I can feed to help with weight loss?
    Try some Apple cider vinegar, I think it makes them more active and will help to lose weight. But be sure and get the good avc with the mother in it . Its not cheap but you dont have to use but very little, about two tablespoons per gallon of water; yfis;

Thanks. That's what my friend told me this morning too.

Quote Originally Posted by fulldrop View Post
    Try some Apple cider vinegar, I think it makes them more active and will help to lose weight. But be sure and get the good avc with the mother in it . Its not cheap but you dont have to use but very little, about two tablespoons per gallon of water; yfis;
    Good Idea. Cider vinegar also balances out the moisture levels as well as melting the fat sort of speaking. My grandmother stayed slightly at 110 lbs for as long as I knew and she takes a teaspoon every night.

May also want to try adding some oatmeal to the diet of the rooster for a couple of days then check the weight again. On some that I work with, I tend to reduce part of the normal feed and add the part of oatmeal. Helps bring down the weight and once it is back to normal, they go back to their regular diet.

I am sorry for confusous, seems he doesn't see the light quite well and at times it may be the train coming out of the tunnel.

sir good day. try adding more jockey oats to his diet and feed him just 25 grams per feeding. just my two cents. hope this will help.

Leave him where he can move and fly. add L-carnitina to his feed and you will see how he goes in the right direction. Tex

Cut down on feed use measuring cup and soak whole oats.....

That has nothing to do with the bird gaining about an ounce a day. He gets the same feed as all my birds, so it aint too much carbs, he doesnt eat "fatty foods". He gets the same exercise as all my birds but is the only one that keeps gaining weight. And you can get lighter and lose weight while still building lean muscle. Trust me I know, I've done it! Just because you build muscle doenst really mean you going get heavier. You can build muscle and still lose weight. Thats why I asked what could I give/feed that cock to lose weight.
    only way u can get lighter and lose weight while still building LEAN muscle is if u are already fat and have no muscle.....sorry im not the one with this problem....but vinegar is good to make that chicken adobo too....u asked a question and i gave somthing for thought....u and mudflop think im dumb but u both lost to the same black hatch and yet u all think u better than me....i have yet to see it.....i never went your house and disrespect u, so dont be talking down to me like i a scrub or something cuz none of u talk this crap in person and one in here gotta try call cops after **** talking me and making threats.....i never said i was the best, just hard to beat....and i been proving it....nuff said

I fought u with a bird worth 10 dollars, that bird I fought u was a scrub. U brought a good bird. U make like I care. I don't give a rats ass. U can be proud u beat a 10 dollar bird but I wouldn't be. Nobody cares about u and ur rubbish dump chickens u sell. And u told me ur self u catch them down there and try sell them.

Some fella no can unda-stan. You open u mauth ware u go and den da heat goin *** again. Mo betta maake chicken papaya alreati wiff dat woon. Heard da raite leg was broken and was luck-e to hit the neck of the black one. Da black one was da guy Mike's chicken. No can be Mudflop cos he no go dare to dat kine. Bumbai u learn. I saw da guy Mike at Verna's and he wen saay unly $300.00 not $800.00 not $1500.00. I ya, too much yao-yao dis one. Wen I cee hem befoa in Pahala only bet $20 den wen loose he bin trai to ren da gray chicken to sumbodi oba dare. Too maus pupule alreati.

I fought u with a bird worth 10 dollars, that bird I fought u was a scrub. U brought a good bird. U make like I care. I don't give a rats ass. U can be proud u beat a 10 dollar bird but I wouldn't be. Nobody cares about u and ur rubbish dump chickens u sell. And u told me ur self u catch them down there and try sell them.
    TurboSohc,if you have him in the keep,then get some karo syrup and put one teaspoon to one cup of water,do this for three days and put back on regular feed.do not give any feed during the three days you give him the syrup.

UP UP UP UP!!!!!!!

So that the others could see....

one of the fastest ways to get rid of fat is ti feed oats soaked with tomato juice for 3 days or so.you will see some good results.

Thanks guys for the input. I asked a simple question and wanted real answers from people that have had experienced or useful info. Not any of this bs crap about who when beat whos chicken, being at the gym type deal. That stuff just ruins the thread.

Whole oats soaked in tomateo juice for 3 days

Quote Originally Posted by kawika View Post
    try ask yourself, if u was working out AT the gym and u didnt over eat and u kept gaining weight, what would be the cause? maybe its because muscle weighs more than fat so u get heavier when building muscle even if its lean muscle...or maybe u not over eating but u are eating too much carbs or fatty foods.....but if u are not gaining fat weight then it must be muscle or water retention.....same with the birds and any other animals
    He's really pretty accurate on this statement. Birds in a keep rarely all act alike. You have to treat them as individuals. I have a family of kelso that will loose weight when worked I also have another family that gains weight. This family has much more muscle on there body and tends to bulk up with work. For me I don't mind them gaining muscle for what I use them for. There still effective but this might not work for you. It really depends on there style and genetic tendencies.

Thanks guys for the input. I asked a simple question and wanted real answers from people that have had experienced or useful info. Not any of this bs crap about who when beat whos chicken, being at the gym type deal. That stuff just ruins the thread.
    Gave you the answer,it,s up to you if you want to try it,just trying to help.

Try feeding your cock canned dice tomatoes w/ your feed...... It works for me.....

CAN /MINDORO /NEGROS OCC. Talisay City -WWW.romy3388multiply.com/

well sir , the maintenance program for cording is to have 1 day fasting
    in a weekk that is for us evrey sunday . but if your problem is to bring
    the weight down the simple way is not to feed him just water all day and
    the next day till the weight is satisfactory to your standard . limit only
    up to 3 days fasting evrey week .
    good luck to you sir....

if it is gut fat feed him nothing but chopped tomatoes for three days then check him. may have to go another round

Quote Originally Posted by romy 3388 View Post
    good luck to you sir....
    Agree to that!! it's like obesity in a person, his system absorbs to much than he need

good luck to you sir....
    i'm new to the sport... fasting,this is new to me...what does fasting do to our corded nokis? during fasting do you give them water... i want to try this...thx

good luck to you sir....
    Thanks. Yeah I just started the fasting this past sunday aslo. I hope it helps him.

I know this is an older thread. But I had 2 grey cocks that came out of the moult fat. Both are very good birds. 3 year olds. Straight comb weight was 6-4 and the Pea Comb was 6-8. They were in 4X5X5 pens during the summer and fall.
    Here is what I did: Picked them up and wormed them and gave them a shot of B12, Then I put them in Fly pens and picked them up everyday and fed them in the cockhouse 1.5 oz. of boiled pearl barley and fresh tomato with some rooster Booster pellets. I measure it out and mix it up then feed. The results are after 10 days the 6-8 has lost 7 oz down to 6-1, and the 6-4 is down to 5-14. pretty even results for both. That's 1.5 Oz total
    Punch line is this. They were sloggy and lazy when I picked them up. Almost immediately they started acting real sharp, And I mean real sharp. May have discovered something here. I am sure I have affected their bottom some. But it early in the year...Just sharing what worked for me. Turbo

If he has gut fat try uping his protein and give a low dose of l arginine every other day for a couple weeks and it will burn it right off or works for me every time

Great info. Thanks for sharing....
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo_harpoon View Post
    I know this is an older thread. But I had 2 grey cocks that came out of the moult fat. Both are very good birds. 3 year olds. Straight comb weight was 6-4 and the Pea Comb was 6-8. They were in 4X5X5 pens during the summer and fall.
    Here is what I did: Picked them up and wormed them and gave them a shot of B12, Then I put them in Fly pens and picked them up everyday and fed them in the cockhouse 1.5 oz. of boiled pearl barley and fresh tomato with some rooster Booster pellets. I measure it out and mix it up then feed. The results are after 10 days the 6-8 has lost 7 oz down to 6-1, and the 6-4 is down to 5-14. pretty even results for both. That's 1.5 Oz total
    Punch line is this. They were sloggy and lazy when I picked them up. Almost immediately they started acting real sharp, And I mean real sharp. May have discovered something here. I am sure I have affected their bottom some. But it early in the year...Just sharing what worked for me. Turbo

Try diced tomatoes for about 3 days

If what you say is so. Then cut his feed. Also look where you have him. Are there Acorns dropping or berry's or something else hes picking up?