Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What type of Wormer is the best?

romeo-j

the most effective dewormer

i derworm my cocks regularly but still its not doing them any good.can you guys give me some advice about the right and tested dewormer and is it true that "nganga" is effective?

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Rotate brands

Hi,

They are all good and effective.

You just have to switch brands every now and then so the worms do not develop immunity to a certain brand. You also need a follow-up dose a week after the first; for the worm eggs that have not hatched yet when you dosed them the first time.

Outsmart them. And yes "nganga" (beetlenut) works too. Add that to your list of brands

Cheers!

solraya
    add Ipil-Ipil leaves too.

They may have it around the range, or hang a bunch inside the pens. They will get to the leaves at will, no danger of over dose.

muddskipper

wormer

I've been using a wormer called Flubenvet for about three years now.

This is the best stuff I've ever used! It comes from a website in the UK. called Vetmedic. I have not been able to find a US. source to date.It kills the following worms, gapeworm,large roundworm, caecal worm, hairworm, and gizzard worm. It kills the adult, larvae, and the eggs. As far I know no wormer on the market in the US. will do all that.

It is a white powder that you mix with the feed and give to your birds for 7 consecutive days. A 240 gram container of the stuff costs about $30.00 after shipping and will treat around 480 adult birds. It is also safe for chicks but you use a reduced amount. (it comes with a medication table) There is no withholding period if you want to eat the eggs, and you can eat the bird 7 days after you stop medication.

I can't find any documentation to prove it but, since I started using this stuff my egg production and hatchability has been amazing! Around 25% of my hens lay year round now. (except when moulting or sitting of course) I don't use any artificial lighting, the birds are nowhere near any streetlights, house lights, etc. and the daylight hours get mighty short here during the Illinois winters not to mention darn cold! This shouldn't be happening since egg laying is directly related to photoperiod.

I get ALOT of 100% percent hatches. (under the hen, I don't use the incubator much anymore)I can't say for fact that the wormer is responsible for all the egg laying and hatching success but, it is the only thing that I changed in my program. Personally I think the stuff does more than just kill worms. It's either that, or the wormers I used before that didn't have as broad of a spectrum left the hens and brood roosters with some of them dirty little monsters sucking the life out of them. Or maybe, even had adverse affects on the reproductive cycle.

I feed a commercial pelleted feed along with plenty of fresh greens (and all the bugs and other goodies they can find in the warm months) I don't use antibiotics or any other medications unless I recieve new birds or I send someone some of mine. (don't want to be spread'n nothing nasty around now do we?)I say let the weak die. So I know that no other medications can be responsible.

I just thought I'd share what I believe to be a miracle wormer. Hope it helps someone out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is some more brand of Dewormer That I think is excellent...
    Valbazen,Ivomec 1%,and Safe Guard.Jeffers livestock supply have them.

cyberhorse30

Thumbs up

you bet i use safeguard paste for horses all the time one small tube does about 30 stags and no probs whatsoever sometimes the ivomec makes mine a little sick for a few days but works well also.

Post Thanks / Like
    WORMSALL

that is what we use i know they have it in the phillipenes but i am pretty sure that it is banned in the U.S. So you will have to buy them from the PI

Manuel Julian

Dewormer

I used a liquid type to deworm my birds,Enzum is the name from Breco product,it work right away.Six to seven drop thru the mouth. manny j

Post Thanks / Like
    The best: NEOBICIDE. Kills worms, lice, mites and all other blood suckers in one shot (actually 1 drop per lb., or 2 drops per kg). No mess. No fuss. I got the info from another gamefowl site. More than one persons said so. Hopefully my brother will prove they are right. I just sent some to VN.

The problem is it's quite expensive, $US30 for a 2oz. (60 mL) bottle, plus S&H. So if you have a lot of chickens, you may want to look at other methods.

You can get it at Hilltop Feed Store in Texas. 1-972-441-6119, or hilltree@msn.com. The person I spoke to when I bought mine was Richard.

I don't know much about other brands, but if you use Ivomec, it does not kill tapeworms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Newtogame2,
    Is that Neobicide colorless. I went and bought that kind of wormer like 7 months ago and left it ouside and the drop bottle got wet and messed up the label. I also have the ENZUM and the bottle is the same as the NEobicide and the label is also messed up I just want to make sure that's the one I got. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    mauricir,

I didn't open the bottle before sending it to VN, so I can't tell you if it's colorless. It was a white plastic bottle w/ white label that has red letters.

It's possible the stuff inside is colorless because if it didn't show any shade through the white bottle. It would have been easier to tell if the bottle was clear instead of white.

Post Thanks / Like
    Piperazine...

:rbounce:

Post Thanks / Like
    Liqui-Care P:

:rbounce:

talisain
    Yes beetlenut or nganga can be use as a natural dewormer but it mainly works on tapeworm. I have used it a few times on my fowls and what is good about it is that within minutes (2-5)you can see results.

Not only you rid your birds of tapeworm, you get to squashed them too!

Unlike those dewormer in the market though not all of them, it takes overnight for them to take effect and your bird must have an empty gut for it to be effective.

Beetlenut can be administered with no worry of overdosing unless you stuck the whole beetlenut down your bird's throat.

A little piece about the size of a peanut make that two peanuts will do the job.

k meleon
    no problem with dewormer in the states

only here in the Philippines. they don't seem to work, just like rat baits here, makes rats real fat. they will just ma\ke you broke. zinc phosphide works better. important ingredients are lacking. poor quality, they r just about the same, they don't work. bad business practce

my old friend taught me to use neem leaves 2-3 times a week. just enough to make the water bitter, sdometimes with a few garlic and chili. if that dont work he just use the garlic, ckili, papaya with coconut milk and say his asils were not strong enough

beetle nut works better and could kill your fowl if overdone. Only if wormers are new on the market, it makes wonders

El Espaņol

Wormer

Hey guys, who makes the best LIQUID wormer in the PI please? Is it effective against all intestinal parasites?

We use Hammer on older fowl but I would like to use some liquid on the chicks.

Also, does anyone in the PI market Parasite killer (either pill or liquid) that is effective on internal as well as external parasites?

Regards,

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Ad from Battlecock magazine...

Maxxi-Worm (mebendalzole & niclosamide), mabisa at ligtas,
    epektibo kontra sa roundworm at tapeworms

Distributed by:CLEDACOR ENTERPRISES
    C.C. Castro International Building
    33 Timog Avenue, Quezon City
    Tel# 374-3159/411-2074

El Espaņol
    Thanks man!

k meleon
    may not be the best but sagupaan have a liquid wormer for chicks in small sachet, check it out

Post Thanks / Like
    i use hammer dewormer of sagupaan for 3months up ... and for the 3months and below ... hammer dewormer liquid ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jon,
    Try Lakpue's Levimisole. I think the spelling is right It's like Tape Terminator.

It's what we use and it's the best we've tried yet. Better than the usually Pidro's.

Also try to Shuttle your wormers also. Use another type on the next worming schedule.

Best,
    Victor

Post Thanks / Like

jon

Try Microsole & Valvazen , these are broad spectrum dewormer( kills all worms).
    Use oral suspension but give individually.
    Be sure to shake the bottle well before using.

You may also use Equimax for horses but I've been usin this for years now. Active ingredients are: Praziquantel ang Abamectin) this also kills lice and some mites.

Above dewormer are far cheaper than tablet or casule form and especially when used for bacyrds and big farms. Buy 'em in liters if your a big farmer and you'll be spending only less than a peso per bird.

Hope this help

clickfish
    redvirus,
    Microsole & Valvazen, are this available in drug stores or poultry supply? why oral? cant it be use as an additive on water or feed? thanks pre for any more info

Equimax for horses, where is this available?

Post Thanks / Like

clickfish

Microsole and Valbazen are available at Pacifica poultry supply.Should be administered orally and individually to ensure exact dossage.

Equimax is available only at Modomo Veterinary Clinic in Sta Ana or here in Carmona Cavite Race horse. Here you can find so many drugs/meds cheaper and useful to our gamefowl.

El Espaņol
    Excellent information guys...

Thanks a lot. Looking into these wormers now. I like the idea of combination medications that can kill some lice and mites too.

Regards,

Post Thanks / Like
    it is ok to use a wormer of horse ??? it's for large animal ...

Post Thanks / Like

yup

Equimax's abamectin is related to Ivermectin. That's why some member here inject their birds with Ivermectin-Ivomec to repel and kill ectoparasites.

You may even use these wormers to your GUARD DOGS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cocfighting is getting tougher every year

Post Thanks / Like

VERNELL

If you try to see the generic of EQUIMAX, the content is Praziquantel for tapeworms and Abamectin for roundworms.
    On the otherhand, Tape terminator of Lakpue and wormer for chickens also contains the same active ingredients.

It does'nt matter if it's for large,small animal or gamefowl as long as the generics are the same.

It's just a matter of dossaging.

Post Thanks / Like
    Valbazen works for me. I think it is made by Pfizer.

Its concentration is formulated for cows so you have to dilute it. One tiny drop works wonders for your fowls. "ALL BULATI GO". It is very cost effective. Price is around 200 plus per 125ml bottle.