Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunderbird sabongnation palawan challenge 4-cock derby

Post Thanks / Like

Thunderbird sabongnation palawan challenge 4-cock derby

The THUNDERBIRD PALAWAN CHALLENGE 2011 will be held at the Palawan Royal Cockpit Arena on June 19, 2011 with all the 32 top-rated breeders of the Philippines - endorsers of Thunderbird Power Feeds & Thunderbird Power Vet competing in a no-holds-barred fight for cockfighting supremacy...all in the spirit of fun and camaraderie.

June 17
    -Flight from Manila to Palawan
    -Luncheon Press Conference at the Asturias Hotel
    -City Tour of Puerto Princesa
    -Dinner hosted by Mayor Edward Hagedorn and Thunderbird Sabongnation's Declaration of Support for the Underground River campaign as one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature.

June 18
    -Underground River Trip
    -Lunch at A & A Hotel
    -Bigtime Seminar
    -Bikini Open at the Dolce Vita Resort

June 19
    -Derby at the Palawan Royal Cockpit Arena starts at 10:00 a.m. Ticket is P500
    -Dinner at Gov. Baham Mitra's residence.

June 20
    -Island hopping
    -Flight back to Manila
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PASIMUNO; May 11th, 2011 at 06:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thunderbird sabongnation palawan challenge 4-cock derby

Thunderbird palawan challenge 4-cock deerby

Post Thanks / Like

Sir may live streaming po ba ito? Kasali diba si Sir Boy Marzo dito, baka pwedi m cover ng sabongvip ito...cheersss....

Post Thanks / Like

mai depensa kaya ni sir nene abello ang korona...?let's wait and see..
    gudluck sa lahat

Post Thanks / Like

boss roland.. wala ka bang poster na mas malaki...liliit kasi image ng mga cockers mo hheheh di masyado makita... pa insert ulit ng image yung mas malaki... thanks in advance..

Post Thanks / Like

ayos ito ah. sana mapanood natin mga nasa ibang bansa.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darrell1975 View Post
    Sir may live streaming po ba ito? Kasali diba si Sir Boy Marzo dito, baka pwedi m cover ng sabongvip ito...cheersss....
    With live streaming po via SABONGVIP.COM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ncyabut View Post
    ayos ito ah. sana mapanood natin mga nasa ibang bansa.

salamat mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Green Pasture View Post
    mai depensa kaya ni sir nene abello ang korona...?let's wait and see..
    gudluck sa lahat
    He had a good show of Sweater bros last year.

The Gilmore crosses of BM was impressive too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j3dd2m1n3s View Post
    boss roland.. wala ka bang poster na mas malaki...liliit kasi image ng mga cockers mo hheheh di masyado makita... pa insert ulit ng image yung mas malaki... thanks in advance..
    Sir dun po sa mga gusto ng mas malaking file, please email request sa thunderbirdpalawanchallenge@gmail.com para mapadalan kayo ng bigger file. Salamat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PASIMUNO View Post
    salamat mark
    ka lando long time no see. nagbago na ata mobile nyo. kita kita tayo minsan pag nasa manila ako. ingat dyan. eto roaming ko. +639167438983.

Post Thanks / Like

ANIMAL SCENE MAGAZINE (a publication of the Manila Bulletin)
    (May 2011 edition)

GETTING READY FOR THE PALAWAN CHALLENGE
    by Rolando S. Luzong

I had to go to Palawan to pave the way for the forthcoming Thunderbird Palawan Challenge on June 17-20, as well as to interview some of the island’s most prominent cockfighting personalities. With me was Sabong TV’s director Marlon Nitura.

My first stop was a meeting with the Palawan Press Corps to whom I gave a press briefing on the history of cockfighting and what is the Thunderbird Palawan Challenge all about. They were surprised to know that the first record of the existence of cockfighting in the Philippines was by Magellan’s chronicler Pigafetta who wrote, “When we landed in the island of Palawan we found the natives fighting large, but very tamed cocks...”
    After the luncheon meeting we proceeded to the Sta. Monica Ranch to interview Governor Baham Mitra. It happened to be the opening of Palawan’s new zip line and the area was teeming with local and foreign tourists who were out to try the thrill and excitement of ‘flying’ while it is free because it won’t be anymore the following day.

“THE SHOES I HAD TO FILL...”
    The interview with Gov. Mitra took longer than what was planned because there were just too many things to talk about.
    Baham, as most sabungeros would call him, related growing up tagging along with his father in Congress and in the cockpits, seeing how his father, the late Speaker Monching Mitra excel in both his obligations and his passion.

“Now, I am tasks to continue my father’s legacies and I tell you, his shoes are hard to fill”, Baham stated.
    Last edited by PASIMUNO; May 13th, 2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: attached files

Post Thanks / Like

continuation...

One of Baham’s current goal is to be able to reinvigorate the bloodline or strain of fightingcocks that his father made famous, the Mitra Blues and the Mitra 56 which won back-to-back international derby titles in Bacolod during the 80s.

“I will be fighting an all-abuhin line-up in the Thunderbird Palawan Challenge” Mitra revealed.

PALAWAN ROYAL COCKPIT ARENA
    The following day was a visit to the Palawan Royal Cockpit Arena located in the town of Aborlan which is 69 kms. away from the poblacion of Puerto Princesa. We had breakfast at Jun Ortega’s Game Farm, then I interviewed his Kuya Jaime who is the town’s Mayor.
    At the cockpit, we were warmly welcome by the officers of the Group of Palawan Gamefowl Breeders, Inc. headed by their President Engr. Vic Setias. The arena is the adopted home of the GPGBI.
    That day, the Governor’s Cup 5-Cock Derby hosted by Baham Mitra was going on.

UNDERGROUND RIVER
    They say a trip to Palawan is not complete without visiting the Underground River, so we went. I had reservations at first because my first trip to the world famous tourists spot in 1994 was not that pleasant. However, after some calculations considering the visible developments that were done on the way to the area, I changed my mind. And I’m glad I did.
    The roads are better, the system is improved, the boats are faster, the place is cleaner and the guides are more trained and much wittier and enjoyable.

THE WAY IS CLEAR
    With the plane tickets booked, the hotel reservations done, the itinerary finalized and the roosters already selected, the Thunderbird Palawan Challenge is all set.
    Last edited by PASIMUNO; May 13th, 2011 at 05:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Competitor from kalinga- lawrence wacnang (crowsland)

LAWRENCE WACNANG : KALINGA’S PRIDE
    The Pit Warrior from Crowsland

The shy multi-term governor and congressman of the province of Kalinga first made his presence felt as a cocking force to reckon with during his successful stint at Roligon Mega Cockpit from the late ‘90s, when he captured several derby championships.

He reached the pinnacle of his gamefowl breeding career when he bagged the title of Breeder of the Year of the mighty Luzon Gamefowl Breeders Association in 2002.

He continued with his winning ways up to the present, proudly unleashing his signature line of Sweater-Radio crosses which for him is not only a complete fighting machine, but also “a beauty to behold”.

“Enertone at Platinum, subok na subok ko na. Magaling. Of course 'yung ibang Thunderbird line are just as good." - Larry Wacnang

Post Thanks / Like

from ILOCOS - PAOAY MAYOR BOBBY CLEMENTE - BAKBAKAN CHAMP

BOBBY CLEMENTE : BAKBAKAN CHAMPION
    Paoay's Fighting Mayor

He was a very active fighter since the 90s using the entry name Paoay Vice when he was still Paoay, Ilocos Norte’s Vice Mayor. He was already the scenic town’s top executive, though, when he bagged a Bakbakan championship title in 2005.

Mayor Bobby Clemente’s Paoay Lemon Sweaters are complete destroyers and have been not only his town’s, but Ilocos Region’s pride.

“Thunderbird Platinum has always been a part of my conditioning regimen and up to now I don’t see any other product that can match the quality of Thunderbird Platinum” - Mayor Bobby Clemente.

Post Thanks / Like

from NUEVA ECIJA - NESTOR VENDIVIL (Oliver Game Farm)

NESTOR VENDIVIL : 3-TIME BREEDER OF THE YEAR
    The Dangerously Timid Fighter from Nueva Ecija

Nestor Vendivil is one of the newest members of the Thunderbird Winning Team. He voluntarily distant himself from cockfighting when he and his wife began their rice trading business and it was only a few year’s back after making enough, that, he just can’t resist the ‘calling’ anymore that he returned to his passion, of course with a “memorandum of understanding” with his better half.

It was worth the wait. In no time, Nestor was dominating derbies all over…bannered by three Breeder of the Year titles and several bridesmaid finishes in the World Slasher Cup.

“Satisfied na ako sa palo ng mga manok ko, akala ko iyon na ang talagang natural nila, pero nung nag-shift ako sa Thunderbird Enertone mas lumakas pa ang mga palo nila”, Vendivil attested.
    Last edited by PASIMUNO; May 16th, 2011 at 07:21 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

Post Thanks / Like

from TARLAC : PAO MALVAR (SUNHAVEN GAME FARM)

PAO MALVAR : 2-TIME HERITAGE CUP CHAMP
    The Bullstag King From Tarlac

He was known as his "lolo's apo" being the grandson of highly-respected sabungero Esting Teopaco of the Stinger fame, but that was before a back-to-back championship win in the United Gamecock Breeders Associations Annual Heritage Cup 7 Bullstag Derby in 2008 and 2009.

Pao's cocker-blood coupled with his natural inquisitiveness and creativity has enabled him to achieve at a young age what others have been trying to do all their lives.

His Sunhaven Game Farm in Hacienda Luisita produces some of the most sought fighting-birds in the country today.

“Thunderbird Stag Developer will always be my choice for my stags. Good formation and good bone development”, Pao Malvar

Post Thanks / Like

from BULACAN & MASBATE : REY BRIONES (SPARTANS GAME FARM)

REY BRIONES of MASBATE : WORLD SLASHER CHAMPION
    With Spurs as Sharp as His Pen

http://www.spartansfarm.com/home.php

A long-time newspaper executive and columnist, Rey Briones of Masbate has been a crusading journalist since the 70s, fighting his battles with the sharpness of his pen.

It was at the turn of the century when his cocker’s genes urged him to try another weapon in another war, his 'spur'… in cockfighting.

An “eye for a winner” is the gift that Briones possessed and though he began by buying roosters from breeders – proven or unknown, he has this impeccable talent in selection which was proven when he bagged the 2003 World Slasher Cup in his first try.

There was no turning back from then on. In addition to countless derby conquests and a runner-up finish in the 2005 Slashers' edition, he was the 2003 & 2005 Cocker of the Year of the Pasay Cockpit Cockers Association; 2007 Cocker of the Year of the Gentlemen Cockers Association of the Philippines and 2007 Stagfighter of the Year of the National Cockers Association of the Phils.

“The idea is proper selection. With Thunderbird Enertone as maintenance feed, my birds perform their best even before the conditioning process. That tells a lot in making the right choice”- Briones

19. Thanks SAVINO & SAHANA thanked for this post
    Likes SAVINO & SAHANA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

from RIZAL/MARIKINA : JOEY SY (RGBA PRESIDENT)

JOEY SY : PITVIPER GAME FARM
    Rizal Breeders’ Staunch Torch Bearer

As a young cocker, he was already unleashing fightingcocks against tough opponents during the heydays of the Teresa Square Garden.

A true sportsman (golfer, prolific dancer, badminton player and swimmer) and a businessman with his cellphone as his office, Joey finds enough time to head the Rizal Gamefowl Breeders Association – fastest growing member of the National Federation of Gamefowl Breeders.

As a meticulous breeder, Sy is proud of his Pitviper Butcher-Roundheads which just recently, gave him a 9-1 win-loss record in the 2010 Bakbakan 10-Stag National Derby.

"Noon pa man Thunderbird Successor na ang gamit kong patuka sa loob ng breeding pen. Mas ganado ang broodcock, mas madami ang itlog ng mga inahen', Joey Sy.

Post Thanks / Like

from RIZAL : BOY JIAO - 2-TIME WORLD SLASHER CHAMPION

BOY JIAO : 2-TIME WORLD SLASHER CHAMPION
    The Grey Man

Boy Jiao’s name has been synonymous to grey roosters. His BJ Greys have carved a name himself in the local cocking competition and are now among the top choices of those wanting to breed grey roosters.

BJ Greys are the epitome of perfectly well-bred gamefowls – a well rounded line of feathered warriors, this strain is one of the winningest greys in the majotr leagues of Philippine cockfighting.

A consistent derby winner, Boy Jiao is highly respected by his colleagues for his humbleness and gentle manner.

"Hindi dapat tipirin ang manok sa cording area, habang pinapagulang sila dapat na alaga din sila sa maayos na patuka kaya Thunderbird Enertone ang gamit ko" Boy Jiao.

Post Thanks / Like

from PATEROS & LAGUNA : DR. BOY TUAZON - CHICKABABES GAME FARM

DR. BOY TUAZON : AUT CHICKABABE GAME FARM
    The Fighting Doctor from Pateros

This good physician left a flourishing career in the U.S. to manage his family’s properties in the Philippines, but it was a blessing in disguise because it also gave him the opportunity to enjoy and improve his passion for cockfighting.

His AUT Chicka Babe entry hit the bigtime when it registered 10 wins out of 10 matches in a 5-stag derby at San Juan Coliseum in 2006 for a rare double championship.

In 2007, his Chicka Babe Sweaters gave him the LGBA Stagfighter of the Year and Breeder of the Year titles and he continues today as one of the most active derby fighters in Manila unleashing his own concoction of Kelsos and Joe Goode Greys.

“Thunderbird’s top of the line feed plant and its superb distribution system assure breeders like me of the freshness of the feeds I give to my gamefowls. Dapat ang patuka, laging bago. Diyan ka nakakasiguro sa Thunderbird. I regularly use Stag Developer, Enertone, Successor Breeder Pellets and Platinum. In vet products, I trust Bexan XP, Electrogen D+, Strongard and Ganador” - Doc Boy.

Post Thanks / Like

sir pasimuno nice meeting po sir sa inyo nina sir bm, ronnie at doc..d2 sa saipan...more power sir sa sabongvip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C4 Sj-Street View Post
    sir pasimuno nice meeting po sir sa inyo nina sir bm, ronnie at doc..d2 sa saipan...more power sir sa sabongvip
    You're welcome Sir

Post Thanks / Like

C4 Sj Street,

Good luck sa paderby ng mga Pinoy dyan sa Saipan Cockpit sa June 12, 4-cock derby. Nice meeting you too, see you again sa July, pinapa improve ni Nick, ang mayari ng sabungan dyan sa Saipan ang Cockpit nya. Palakasin natin yan at hopefully next year meron na din stag derbies dyan sa Saipan pag naka pag wingband tau sa April next year.

Post Thanks / Like

C4 Sj Street,

Good luck sa paderby ng mga Pinoy dyan sa Saipan Cockpit sa June 12, 4-cock derby. Nice meeting you too, see you again sa July, pinapa improve ni Nick, ang mayari ng sabungan dyan sa Saipan ang Cockpit nya. Palakasin natin yan at hopefully next year meron na din stag derbies dyan sa Saipan pag naka pag wingband tau sa April next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Boy tanyag : Perseverance & consistency

BOY TANYAG : CRB GAMEFARM
    Perseverance & Consistency

Boy Tanyag is one of Manila and Southern Tagalog’s most active cockfighter competing in derbies every week in addition to daily hackfights.

It was in 2009 when the veteran cocker-breeder hit the big time when he won the Bakbakan 10-Stag National Derby.

His own strain of Dink Fair Sweaters are vertical flyers and are extremely accurate both in the air and on the ground.
    Last edited by PASIMUNO; May 25th, 2011 at 07:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

SONNIE MAGTIBAY : World Slasher & Bakbakan champion

SONNIE MAGTIBAY : BAKBAKAN & WSC CHAMPION
    The Knight of the Red Cobra

Winning the 2,417-entry 2009 Bakbakan 10-Stag National Derby is something unimaginable and capturing the solo championship of the historic 240-entry 2010 World Slasher Cup 8-Cock International Derby is a feat cockers can only dream of, something unimaginable, but 34-year old Electrical Engineer Sonnie Magtibay did just that – he won the two titles within a span of only 50 days. And from being a relative unknown, Magtibay is now one of the the most talked-about, not to mention much-envied, cockfighter in the country.

Magtibay’s life story is a cocker’s fairy tale coming true, but the magic of it is that the immeasurable successes never had an effect on his personality as a humble ang down-to-earth person.

As a member of the Thunderbird Sabongnation Stars, Magtibay is one of the most active seminar speakers sharing his knowledge, experience and most of all his story to aspiring cockers whose dreams are yet to be realized.

Post Thanks / Like

Engr. Sonny lagon : The blue blade warrior

ENGR. SONNY LAGON : BREEDER OF BREEDERS
    The Phenomenal Blue Blade Warrior

Engr. Sonny Lagon is regarded as the most phenomenal gamefowl breeder in the history of Philippine cockfighting. Without any cockfighting background or a lineage of sabungeros to speak of, Lagon transformed from an unknown to one of the most popular Filipino cocker-breeder of all time.

After catching the sabong virus, he went on a mission to be a topnotch breeder at the age of 28. And after only four years has won almost every major pit competitions including several Breeder of the Year and Cocker of the Year titles.

His remarkable achievements have inspired thousands to breed and follow his footsteps. His Blue Blade Sweaters have virtually changed the standards of local breeding and cockfighting and have raised the bar of competition to a higher level.

Nowadays, Sonny Lagon and his Blue Blade fighters are among the ever-present topics when two sabungeros engage in a ‘chicken talk’ and they will forever be part of the nation’s sabong history.

“Breed right, feed right. Dapat tamang simula. The most expensive breeding is breeding the wrong materials. To ensure the right foundation, chick should be fed with Thunderbird Baby Stag Booster” – says Sonny.

Post Thanks / Like

Boy marzo : The rainbow warrior

BOY MARZO : WORLD SLASHER CHAMPION
    The Rainbow Warrior

Boy Marzo of La Union was fascinated with the rainbow from childhood which is probably why he experimented with roosters of various feather shades and bloodlines in the beginning. It was not until 2000 when he got serious in breeding and the name “Bulalayaw” which means rainbow in his local dialect started to carve its own niche in the history of Philippine cockfighting.

He literally worked his way up to achieve his dream of winning a World Slashers Cup improving his score each year. In 2001, he posted 5 points. In 2002 he registered 5.5 points. In WSC 2004 he scored an already impressive 6 wins out of 8 matches, but still fell short in getting the title.

The numbers game came through and in 2005, Marzo finally “found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow”. With a score of 6.5 points, the Bulalayaw entry won the World Slashers Cup.

This was followed with a barrage of victories that include championships in the 2005 Showdown 7-Stag Derby; 2005 LGBA 7-Stag Derby; four titles at the Makati Coliseum in 2006; runner-up finish in the 2007 WSC and several successes in 2008.

Feb. 8 & 10, 2010 Makati Coliseum 8-cock Invitational Derby,4 cock elimination and 4 cock finals, WWWWLWWD 61/2 pts. ....Champion

On Jan. 2010 he won solo the San Juan Coliseum 8-cock Int'l Derby with an 8-0 score. And 8 days after bagged the Makati Coliseum 8-Cock Invitational Derby.

Currently, Marzo’s Bulalayaw Game Farm provides quality breeding stocks to various breeders all over the country, some of which have captured derbies on their respective regions.

“The right foundation must be there. Winning bloodline, utmost care, right feeds and right medication. Thunderbird Baby Stag Booster, Thunderbird Stag Developer, Enertone and Platinum”, Marzo confessed.

Post Thanks / Like

Pol estrellado : World slasher champion

POL ESTRELLADO : WORLD SLASHER CUP CHAMPION
    So Silent, So Dangerous

One time during the World Slasher Cup in Araneta, Pol Estrellado had just won a fight when a man standing by his side said to him “Pare ang galing talaga ng manok ni Pol Estrellado 'no?” He returned a smile and a nod. Despite the bountiful feathers on his cap, a lot of people know Pol only by his name without any idea how he looks

That incident did not come as a surprise to Pol - a silent, soft-spoken and shy person who seldom go up the rueda.

His most notable victories are in the 1993 Cavite Coliseum International 7-Cock Derby; the World Master Breeders Cup 8-Stag International Derby at Roligon Mega Cockpit in 1998 and the 2006 Showdown 8-Stag National Derby also at Roligon.

2004 was an excellent year for Esterllado because he not only won the World Slasher Cup, but also pocketed the 2004 National Cockers Association's Cocker of the Year title when NCA was still housed at the Big Dome. In 2005, Pol bagged the 2005 GCAP Stagfighter of the Year and in 2006, the Pasay City Cockpit Cockers Association's Cocker of the Year.

In the 2007 Bakbakan 10-Stag National Derby, Pol’s three entries scored a dizzying 25 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses scoring 9.5 points for a solo runner-up in one entry; 8.5 in the second and 8.0 in the third.

“Thunderbird Platinum and Bexan XP” was Estrellado's prompt reply when asked what makes his birds in tip-top condition.
    Last edited by PASIMUNO; May 25th, 2011 at 08:01 AM.