Thread: Longnecker Fowl

Post Thanks / Like

Longnecker Fowl

Just curious if anyone here is familiar with any fowl from Ron Longnecker in Missouri. If so, what was your experience with the birds?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Longnecker Fowl

I live very close to ron what lines r u wantin to know about from him?

Post Thanks / Like

I also live very close to him, about 10 miles I'd say. I used to visit his farm often in the 90's, we only lived just a couple miles from him down the dirt road. I remember going to a couple meets with him in OK, and meeting with him here locally also at Pettyjohn's and Larson's if you were in this area then. I've stopped in to see him a few times since then as I quit raising birds shortly before the ban. I'm eager to jump back in to raising birds again, and was just curious how his strains are doing today. I always had a lot of respect for the man and his birds.

Post Thanks / Like

From what ive seen come from his place the cardinal clubs kelso's r the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gallo, I'll definitely keep that in mind when I go over to visit with him hopefully this week or next. I need to get a few pens built, hope the weather clears up a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

I was to Ron's place one time, and as best as I can remember, he had the old Roy Gray brownreds. This would have been in the mid 80s or a little later.
    I really can't remember what else he had at the time but those stick in my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

my partner and i got some fowl from longnecker and after we got them set up we noticed they were sick with coryza and he didnt try to make it right with us so i wouldnt reconmend him at all and i have known him for years so you better off staying away from his fowl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
    Just curious if anyone here is familiar with any fowl from Ron Longnecker in Missouri. If so, what was your experience with the birds?

Thanks!
    falkor i was at rons a couple weeks ago before i had to go back to work in texas i bought some worm pills from ron, his fowl looked great, i realy liked the penny hatch, and the cc kelso looked good too. as to answer your question i havent seen them in action but i would not be afraid of them very healthy fowl what i seen and he showed me them all in sleet and rain never missed a step. he also fixed me up with a good and aforable feed that he has mixed at hirshes in west plains. i have finaly got moved to birchtree would like to meet some more people in that area, ive met ron and his friend ron