Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackwater Sweater, YLH, Kelso

Post Thanks / Like

Blackwater Sweater, YLH, Kelso

Ok heres the deal. I am a huge fan of Blackwater fowl. Which is one of the reason I bought fowl from them. I ordered a Pure possum brood stag, pure ylh hen, pure 5k hen and also I got a pure jj kelso hen from them. I spoke to chris a few times and i told him what i was looking for and he help me out a lot. He picked out some beautiful fowl for me that is now in my brood pens. I was talking to this guy the other day that i used to hang with and he was fully cutting down the birds (which he never saw) and what i ordered. He was telling me that blackwater farms are only good for there pure yellow leg hatches and not there sweaters. To me i believe this NOT to be true! Every post i ever read about blackwater had nothing but EXCELLENT things to say about blackwater sweaters. To me i do believe that is what there famous for. Thats why i chose their possum sweater for the base of my breeding. I do believe and hope that i will have really good birds with the lines i have chosen. He also told me that sweaters cant cut for $hit. Correct me if im wrong but arent they ecellent cutters?..... Just alittle story for you folks
    Last edited by TurboSohc; May 16th, 2011 at 03:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackwater Sweater, YLH, Kelso

as what i have experience, the sweaters from carol nesmith of blackwater is excellent, it has both bottom and vertical. even the blackwater sweaters of Patrick Puno gives excellent feedbacks.... the same thing with the carol nesmith sweater broodcock of Biboy Enriquez, super excellent...... he (Biboy) even call it super sweater.
    Last edited by harold12328; May 16th, 2011 at 03:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 5k and possum both are the same and really excellent fought pure and good to cross with blacks of my experience.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a pair of 5k from them and already have 20 chicks running around my farm. The sweaters has been top contenders in the pit and it will contimue to do so for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Very Nice . I like Black Water Farm too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TurboSohc View Post
    Ok heres the deal. I am a huge fan of Blackwater fowl. Which is one of the reason I bought fowl from them. I ordered a Pure possum brood stag, pure ylh hen, pure 5k hen and also I got a pure jj kelso hen from them. I spoke to chris a few times and i told him what i was looking for and he help me out a lot. He picked out some beautiful fowl for me that is now in my brood pens. I was talking to this guy the other day that i used to hang with and he was fully cutting down the birds (which he never saw) and what i ordered. He was telling me that blackwater farms are only good for there pure yellow leg hatches and not there sweaters. To me i believe this NOT to be true! Every post i ever read about blackwater had nothing but EXCELLENT things to say about blackwater sweaters. To me i do believe that is what there famous for. Thats why i chose their possum sweater for the base of my breeding. I do believe and hope that i will have really good birds with the lines i have chosen. He also told me that sweaters cant cut for $hit. Correct me if im wrong but arent they ecellent cutters?..... Just alittle story for you folks
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_W3lAOpaLY"]YouTube - AGC 4 (win)[/ame]

Here's a sample of my Blackwater sweaters broodfowls acquired in 2009.

Offsprings at the age of 12months old and 14months old are tested in a 4cocks derby and they won unscratch, my avatar is the daddy possum.

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts exactly. This guy didnt know what he was talking about. To me it was just him hating. Thanks guys for the input. Love seeing bw fowl in action

Post Thanks / Like

Carol's possum sweater broodcock.........soon to be in my farm.

Post Thanks / Like

do you happen to know what kind of ylh does he have? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Blackwater has Stuart ylh.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 black water stags left from my breeding, I already sold 16 stags but only kept 2 for my self to show next season, I really gotta tell you guys that black water sweaters are no doubt in the game just give them a try or a chance to show you what black water fowls(sweaters especially lol) are made of aloha.

Post Thanks / Like

my black water sweater cock over mcrae hen and this is 1 of the offsprings I selected for next years 5cock poultry show.

Post Thanks / Like

turbo..sometimes the people that talk bad about a certain breeder means they didnt get the good ones and some people do get the good ones .. you have to breed to your liking not cause he said she said ,and just maintain the blood and make them better ..

Post Thanks / Like

SweaterGilmore

SweaterStuart

Post Thanks / Like

turbo when you things that others dont have or youare winnin and they aint they will find something wrong with whatever you have you could have ten x winners tied out and he would tell you that they all got lucky and met junk dont worry about it dont be down on the fowl put all you have into them and try em if they win you aint lost nothin if they junk get rid of it get something else try again!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Blackwater Sweater, YLH, Kelso

My thoughts exactly. This guy didnt know what he was talking about. To me it was just him hating. Thanks guys for the input. Love seeing bw fowl in action
    You are right Turbsoch. I love haters! That way you know you're doing something right... I own Blacwater fowl, sweaters, stuart, & gilmores.. I haven't been let down by any of them yet.. They show well pure & crossed... Chris won't do you wrong I truly enjoyyed my visit & his fowl..

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=McDaddyMcrae808;3768117]my black water sweater cock over mcrae hen and this is 1 of the offsprings I selected for next years 5cock poultry show.

[IMG]

Great looking stag McDaddy. I hve a similar cross, well they look something the same. I crossed a sweater cock from Chris to a brown red hen. They are super fast & very aggressive.

Post Thanks / Like

[IMG]

Great looking stag McDaddy. I hve a similar cross, well they look something the same. I crossed a sweater cock from Chris to a brown red hen. They are super fast & very aggressive.[/QUOTE]

Thanks mason farm but that pic is old, I couldnt get a new camera and actually that stag was at 8 months old when i took that pic and now he is 15 months old bullstag but ill take anothere pic of him when i do get a computer that reads my sd card but other than that they are agressive and they can cut, show the brother at 9 months old he won with 6 cuts very game also.

Post Thanks / Like

Blackwater has Stuart ylh.
    I heard different story on his ylh. Thanks though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ebbjustinfarm View Post
    YouTube - AGC 4 (win)

Here's a sample of my Blackwater sweaters broodfowls acquired in 2009.

Offsprings at the age of 12months old and 14months old are tested in a 4cocks derby and they won unscratch, my avatar is the daddy possum.
    Man that bird has some good timeing and follow up

Post Thanks / Like

AHHHH HATERS NOW DAYS!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

A LITTLE PROJECT IM WORKING ON> SWEATER 5000 OVER SLICK LIZARD SWEATER HEN...

Post Thanks / Like

THIS IS MY PERFECT CROSS FOR DIRBY>>SWEATER 5000/ GOLDEN

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Blackwater Sweater, YLH, Kelso

Quote Originally Posted by kawika View Post
    THIS IS MY PERFECT CROSS FOR DIRBY>>SWEATER 5000/ GOLDEN
    [IMG]
    Too bad he doesn't have any station... Lol..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsport View Post
    Hey bloodsport, they are Stuarts'. I'm 100% positive... I've been breeding them or years.. They show ell pure or crossed... When crossed to the gilmore thhey remind me of the old Doc's Gene Brown used to show in the early 90's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsport View Post
    What story? I got my Stuart ylh from them. Check out there website its on there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kawika View Post
    A LITTLE PROJECT IM WORKING ON> SWEATER 5000 OVER SLICK LIZARD SWEATER HEN...

I didn't know dinks 5k sweaters came dirty yellow leg. I thought they were all just yellow leg.

Post Thanks / Like

possum offspring out of bw pair. and my ylh both 7 months

Post Thanks / Like

What story? I got my Stuart ylh from them. Check out there website its on there.
    i heard it has some infusion of ray hoskins ylh. it came from nene abello long time ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mason Farms View Post
    Too bad he doesn't have any station... Lol..
    haha yea i know ....and he only baby yet....