Thread: Should I condition my 6 month stag?

Eric18

Should I condition my 6 month stag?

Im a beginner and i wanted to know if it is to early to start conditioning and training my 6 month old stag? Please let me know what I should do.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know if this might help you or not as i am also a beginner. But from what i know you literally "condition" your chicken from day 1. Give 'em the stuff he needs so he grows up healthy.

And when you get to that certain age where u need to test them in the pit, then you put 'em in a "keep" (sparring, feeds, pointing.,etc). before the fight.

anyways...that's my opinion. :teeth:

Gd Luck!

Eric18
    I will take your advice, thx.

Albert woods
    Mr. Pataboy is correct, but I would not actually fight a 6 month old stag . For most stags this is way too young. Good feed and run loose in a good enviroment until you have to pen them. I've always thought natural conditioning is best.

atcarter

6mo. stag

let a stag grow first so he can develope normally, then you add muscle to his frame when he's ready. but he should eat the best feed available. i seriously wouldnt try to condition a 6 mon. old beacause it can give them problems growing further down the road and cause muslce/ligament tension and cause short strikes in the pit.

CHICKENHAWKER
    I personally like to spar mine from about 6 mos. on , once a month . It gives the stag alot of good knowledge early , and it gets them use to seeing the different fighting styles of different birds such as greys , spangles , blacks , whites and reds . I dont condition however until its time for the pit , they spar straight off the cord!!Hope this helps! :rbounce:

Post Thanks / Like
    spar him young

MJ Farms
    Spar him with an opponent na kamatch nya...

If you spar him with a cock or even a bullstag, he might get injured &/or learn that running is easier... when that happens - you get tinola for dinner!:lol:

Post Thanks / Like
    spar him lightly with another young stag, but don't let them get tired in sparring or else they will learn to billhold, and billhold is a not advisable. Catch them after the first buckle and repeat about 3 times. It helps them throw the first punch and learn to score first.

bet twice
    If you are planning to show it in the pit, you might as well. Otherwise, kiss your money goodbye!

Post Thanks / Like
    Eric18,

It depends if your stag is early maturing you can spar your stag once or twice a week so they can learn.. your stag conditioning must be light and natural because some breeders/cockers says that stags are easily stress during conditioning. if you plan to fight your stag at a young age make sure that his opponent is younger or same as your stags age..
    Im also a beginner this is just my opinion.. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes,many effective ways to condition and in just couple minute u'll surprise the one step effect....

ravman
    As i have experienced, i fought 7mos. old and have won. i think it depends on the fowl if he is matured enough on that age, if so why not to start the training....

cheers..:hombre:

ontong

i am a stag fighter 4 life

i have been fighting stags from day one of my cocking career and found that the best feeling is your 7,8,9 month stag can fight and beat a 2 year old cock...when you bring a stag at the cockpit everyone in the tupada area is trying to fight your stag against their cocks so thats what i give them, a fight and when all is done my stags comes out the winner...thats the best feeling....

but..every1 says that u must condition your stag from day one and thats what i do...so comes that time..i and my stag is ready to fight anyone at any age of the cock

i am strong as my fowl!!! so have some confidence in your stag and it will give u a win....

ALSO...A 40 YEAR OLD MAN CANNOT OUTRUN A 16 YEAR OLD BOY!!

thats my opinion....just dont take it personally guys....

salamat nlang sa inyo lahat...goodluck to your next stag fight!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    interesting

Post Thanks / Like

bro Eric

kung ang iyong stag ay lumalaban na............ time to put him on a chord........... preferrably on teepee..........

you can start giving him PRE-CON feeds............ Enertone, just dry and add some Stag developer pellets, add a teaspoon of dextrose powder...........mix them and give to your stag......... clean water always.......... multivitamins once a day (United Home, cheap just PHP 77 per 100 tabs)........ inject Belamyl 0.5cc every 15 days........ or 0.3cc every week........

Then daily you got to rotate him............. fly pen............. scratch pen............running pen.............. sparr two buckles only with gloves..........rest.......... this will help his muscles develop and harden his stamina..........

Occassionally you can also add some veggies, chopped finely, like carrot, cabbage, onion and apple......... perhaps 2x a week.......mix it with your feeds......

I would recommend you do not pit your stag less than 10 months his age..........better you wait till he reach some 18 months before you try or test him on the pits...........

If you have time, watch those STAG DERBIES in your nearest area......... and you will learn a lot...........

Also watch weekly hackfights in your nearest pit, there you will see how they make gulangan in matches, he-he-he............ just observe........and digest what you learn.......

Post Thanks / Like

CONDITION 6 MONTH STAG

Hi BRO ERIC 18

It's better to keep your stag healthy at that age and wait a
    little bit longer when he matures usually at the age of 8 to 9
    months and show a sign of fighting with other stags/cocks.
    Don't be hasty and have a little patience and you'll enjoy
    seeing him fight in the pit someday!!!!

SERGE

Jennifer

bad thing to do

wait till 7mo because it is sexually mature and in my experience sparring or physically conditioning him before then gives a bit of trauma and sometimes he will run away if he remembers it in a pit.Of course feeding him nutritious and whole foods is the first priority in his life.