Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Law grey

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Law grey

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTXRed View Post
    Around 1935-1936, Law started calling his Greys Law greys. Prior to that he called then Canadian greys in published fight club reports. This was his way of referencing they were Hanky Dean greys being bred in Canada for Col. John Madigan. They came yellow and white legged. All were straight combed. They were the exact same blood as the Red Madigin Clarets. When he started calling them Law Greys he had infused O'Connel Albany(hen side) under a Madigan Grey cock. The yellow leg becoming more common with a white leg still expected. A later infusion of McNerney Greys solidified the predominance of yellow legs over the white. Law crossed these on a lot of his other good fowl and advertised and sold a lot of fowl. A successful cross was the Law greys to Madigan's Texas Ranger's. These came dark legged. Therefore, if you have dark legged Law Greys and the trait is due to Law's breeding and not some other breeder afterward, then I would guess it is Ranger blood.
    From my research, during the era of the Lawridge Plantation never was there a pea comb Law Grey shown. However, there is evidence that some Boston Roundhead was bred into some matings.

As ol Paul Harvey would say "Now you know the rest of the story.”

2. Thanks jtg thanked for this post
    Likes KAHUNA NO KA OI liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing from the Ronnie Singleton Law Greys will come with green legs. They come yellow legged and will have a straight come.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RCSingletonsson View Post
    Nothing from the Ronnie Singleton Law Greys will come with green legs. They come yellow legged and will have a straight come.
    I got my Law Greys two years ago from Ronnie and all I've gotten out of them are yellow legged and straight combed.Thats what I wanted and was told to expect.

5. Likes lawgreyman14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1st DAN View Post
    The best ones will still be the Yellow legged, Straightcomb, Silver grey Laws...
    How will you tell if it's green leg Regular Grey or Rare green leg Law Grey??

Post Thanks / Like

i am thinking of getting a pair of WT Greene green legged greys, does anyone know the fighting styles of these greys, and their cutting abilities?

Post Thanks / Like

Smitty they are game, game, game average cutting ability

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the Law Grey hen i got from Jeff Hudspeth.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    And this is her son which is crossing product with a touch of Peruvian blood

10. Likes roostercm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1928 model greys from Mr EW Law to Curtis and Bucky whippel Oneida New York by way of freight train

12. Likes Sig1911, lawgreyman14, vncocker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yellow legged side of the Law greys

14. Likes Sig1911, vncocker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White hackle View Post
    Yellow legged side of the Law greys
    White Hackle are the green legged laws and the yellow legged laws the same blood line or are they two separate families? Nice fowl White hackle.

Post Thanks / Like

I talk to Jeff a month ago and he said he did not breed Law blood and only Reg greys. Did he tell you where he got them frm? websites
    Quote Originally Posted by vncocker View Post
    Here is the Law Grey hen i got from Jeff Hudspeth.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    And this is her son which is crossing product with a touch of Peruvian blood

Post Thanks / Like

I directly imported from Jeff one pair of Leiper, one Law Grey pullet and he gifted me one Kelso pullet. No unreal information here, buddy. Maybe you can check with Jeff once again about a trio sent to Vietnam.

Post Thanks / Like

I directly imported from Jeff one pair of Leiper, one Law Grey pullet and he gifted me one Kelso pullet. No unreal information here, buddy. Maybe you can check with Jeff once again about a trio sent to Vietnam.
    One thing I do know about Jeff is the year he won The Mega derby in Mexico he was showing Law grey crosses. I don't think he sells them that much for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by lurena; March 20th, 2015 at 09:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I know where they come frm cause i breed them also. But Jeff never got a straight hen frm the man in Kentucky. He was surprised i was able to get them and showed interested in knowing when i got them. They are super lk chickens. Wish i could post pics.

Post Thanks / Like

They are have been kept seperate.

Post Thanks / Like

As Lurena said i think because i am in Vietnam, so he accepted to sell me this Law grey pullet. Felito, i will be excited to see your Law Grey pics.
    Last edited by vncocker; March 20th, 2015 at 09:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

As Lurena said i think because i am in Vietnam, so he accepted to sell me this Law grey pullet. Felito, i will be excited to see your Law Grey pics.
    Jeff was always a major competitor in the Mega Derbies in Mexico. He was always runner up, third place or fourth place every year he interred the derbies. He always showed red fowl in those past events. The year he did win the the Mega derby was not with red fowl but with law grey crosses. Obvious very good cutting fowl.

Post Thanks / Like

looking for a replacement blood for my law greys one of the two guys i got them from is no longer has birds. has to be game, with cut , and lots of bottom with a good brake (i show in the short knife).

24. Likes INCUBUS06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Felito, in another thread i saw your pic of Law Grey stag you got from Charles Wright. He is very nice. How is your Law Grey doing? Wish you good luck with this breed.

Post Thanks / Like

That was one of the stags i got frm the original brood fowl. I have another family of Laws I call the Benfields that are equal if not better than those.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some greys that the person I got them from just said were "greys" so I've been calling them Arsenal Greys. I think they are actually Law greys, or at least very heavy in the Law grey blood. Straight combed, yellow legged, the hens are all buttermilk color. They cross good with anything type of birds and are decent pure.

Straight grey

Black hennie/grey

Albany/grey

Hatch type/grey

Post Thanks / Like

Nice stags Determination. What is the style of these greys? Did you show them when legal?

Post Thanks / Like

Straight comb yellow leges

Post Thanks / Like

Nice stags Determination. What is the style of these greys? Did you show them when legal?
    I got them around 4 years ago, but the man I got them from had them for over 20.

When bred to the hen side of the cross they seem to take the style of the cock that I put over them. Pure they are reliable, hard trying, aggresive fowl thats wants to kill every feather on another bird, with decent power. I like them crossed the best, but some Mexican buddies of mine like them straight. Lol they keep bugging me for the straight stuff, but I wont come off anymore of them. Of the ones that I did let go to them most brought home the blue ribbons, and the one's that didn't still showed impressively. They used them all up last year and want more for breeding since they're always eyeballing the hens when they visit, but they're up chit creek without a paddle on that, lol
    Last edited by Determination; March 22nd, 2015 at 09:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

@ Determination, thank you for sharing your info.
    This is a graded Law grey stag that i got from J.Hudspeth. His mother's pic above.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    His first spar against Kelso stag a product also from Leiper and Kelso of Jeff.

32. Likes Sig1911 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

059.jpg if you Law greys dont look REAL close to this you might got took

34. Likes Sig1911, vncocker, lawgreyman14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BamaOkie, Nice cock there!
    One more video about graded Law Grey
    <u>

36. Likes gaff liked this post