• Mel Simms Hatch

365 46.14%
  • Mel Simms Black

426 53.86%
Page 1 of 59 1234561151 ... LastLast

Thread: Mel Sims of Liberty Gamefarm

Post Thanks / Like

What about Mel Simms?

My friends in sports...... Can you tell me more about Mel Simms Hatch?.... I heard it's a great hatch, but i never tried it yet... I am planning to breed them and what will be good bloodline to cross them with?

Post Thanks / Like
    this hatch is a non stop power shuffling son of a gun. i was in his
    farm yesterday to pick up more breeding materials and i tried a
    catch cock to this hatch. he will not stop climbing and shuffling until he gets on top of the other cock. awesome when crossed to his blacks...

ghetto_grappler
    TTHE REAL DEAL BLOODLINE...GET THE GOOD ONES AND YOU WILL SEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Now, i am so eager to get this bloodline and cross is with my black sid taylor

ghetto_grappler
    I think hard fighting bloodline of sid taylors will be a great combination for the CROSS...you might produce a whole bunch of ACE COCKS

Post Thanks / Like
    personally i dont think it needed more infuse to up grade. it just great the way it is. if only u guys have seen its fight this, coming weekened if all goes well the old man will fight it again.

7. Thanks sids thanked for this post
    Likes sids liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks alot my friends... i will try them both, pure and cross with sids

Post Thanks / Like
    Would the Mel Simms Hatch be near in comparison to the widely known Sweater?

10. Thanks cocksjuly04 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    flores

i dont have an answer to your question, but seems like, this bloodline is catching up... for all i know, is that, this bloodline is really hard to find... not too many breeders are into this bloodline yet..

i heard that in Hawaii, this bloodline is very famous.

Post Thanks / Like
    stingerfmla, the Mel Simms black has a considerable following in PI now moreso to those Black enthusiasts. No doubt the hatches must be equally awesome as well as you've witnessed. Pics would be most appreciated for all of us.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile KOGMOKON

could you please post the contact # and farm address of Mel Simms, thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Flores

Go to Gallery and type my name at the seach... I just uploaded a Mel Simms Stag

Post Thanks / Like
    someone mentioned earlier in the thread that these hatch birds do well on their own without any outside infusion .. i believe this to be true .. they are pretty good all around birds

i believe the lemon hackle side to this family of hatch is one up on the darker side in terms of speed. the darker side though has as much power i seen on any family of birds .. they hit with bad intentions

if you were to cross them though, i'd suggest you try to get some of mel sims' brown red or kelso .. on the brown red side, get the more muddy colored ones .. them on the lemon hackle side of the hatch and you'll end up with birds that should make crowds go .. hhhhmmmm ... damn .. and .. wow

another thing, i read that the blacks of his were on the come up out in the phils. ... just a suggestion, try his white-legged birds too .. in my own humble opinion, they're much better than the dark birds

sharin a lil bit .. take it easy

Post Thanks / Like
    onpoint...you are on point describing mel's fowl...exactly what you
    said...the lemon hackle will climb an opponent with a barrage of
    shuffles but the dark one's will hit like a cannon which is amazing
    from a fast fighting hatch fowl.

ghetto_grappler
    just try the bloodline already..we have mentioned his bloodline for a while now...most of the mexicans buy his fowl and win a high percentae in my opinion the mexicans are as serious as cockfighters as the filipinos...HAWAII IS WINNING BIG DERBIES WITH THIS LINE....GUAM IS WINNING BIG DERBIES WITH THIS LINE.....just not the melsim hatch but the greys.blacks.reds lemon hackles..there all good from experience i know...The one thing i like most about tthe Melsim line is if they loose you will be SATISFIED of there performance...You can have a bird that can duck and dodge the MELSIM but sooner or later he will catch you and finish you...

I.C.F.

Hello Sir G_G

Im also Black lover .Hope you could post some pics MelSims Black Hatch for more info.

Thanks a lot have fun...

Cheer,
    I.C.F.

kickcut44

anyone....

where in the phils can i buy melsim black? who have pure stock here? kindly pm me its price.

thanks...

Post Thanks / Like
    i will be breeding the mel simms hatch over the black this November... so, i guess, by next year, i will have some available

Post Thanks / Like
    ICF, there are loads of pics of Mel Simms Blacks posted on the thread 'Best Blacks', 'Speedy Blacks'.

Post Thanks / Like

in philippines

here in philippines the source on which this mel simm fowl can be found is in pampangga. he was an old man live somewhere in sta. ana. i kid u not ull love this cock.

Post Thanks / Like

Mel Simms

How is the birds of Mr. Mel Simms does he have a web site and can anyone tell more information on his fowl. Anything will help phone number etc. Is this a good bloodline to have as a base?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mel Simms

well, judging from your screen name, you should know...

Post Thanks / Like

wassup kaimukirich yup braddah originally from kalihi but not there no more up here in the great northwest... from what i heard from friends and family mel simms fowls is doing good but often hot headed, wut you think they should be one good base line or what?

gloger

808cock is right, I had one from Valenzuela City from an old man, bless his soul. I crossed to a JW roundheads and I set them free. After 3 days after I caught him, he already attack me when I feed him. He is a straight comb and his full brother is a peacomb. His brother is very gentle but even a pig near him will not be spare to be hit at the back.

Last edited by gloger; March 1st, 2007 at 05:12 PM.

bonecrash

Post Thanks / Like

808cocks

I was fortunate to acquire a trio of Mel Sims Hatch (Peacomb) through the help of broker Vito Parado last January, and also last year acquired island born stock from local breeders. Mel explained to me that his hatches are "good all around chickens that really don't need anything". I can attest that he was speaking from the heart when he replied "I really don't feel I have to advertise on magazines" when I asked him how come I don't see any of his chickens in gamecock. By the way his hatches comes in both straight and pea comb but he gave me a choice, I'm partial to Pea Comb so that's what I requested.

In my honest opinion based on the fights I saw the last two weeks Red Wine Colored chickens seem to dominate the fights. As to your questions my answer would be yes, only because I also have a preference to black or dark legged chickens...and that's just me. I especially like the Mel Sims Hatch over Black Bonanza cross that we sparred agains our greys and sweaters...surprisingly high breaking, very hard hitting but like most hatches and black breeds they have a tad bit more aggresiveness than what most people would prefer.

This breeding season we crossed the Mel Sims hatch cock to most of our broodhens to see next stag season which is the best cross to the MSH.

I'll send you a PM in a minute with Mr. Sims address and phone number after this post. Good luck to your breeding

Post Thanks / Like

Picture of Mel Sims Hatch, courtesy of Mr. Willie Dungca

Post Thanks / Like

Picture of MSH x Black Bonanza (13 mo. old stag)

Post Thanks / Like

wheeew... my favorite roosters!~ hatch and blacks...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apong_ambo
    Picture of MSH x Black Bonanza (13 mo. old stag)

a very good looking black.... looks to be very fast and a super mover too!!!! should be a good one....have some mus in the past too!!!!