Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keeping a roosters power

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping a roosters power

ok boys ive got a serious question . Latley when i show my roosters during the prekeep and keep my roosters act good and have plenty of power , there feed the best and took care the best that i possibly can , i feed 18 % good mixed grain feed , week 1 and week 2 show . Last week i start carb loading them with brown and white rice and a little extra cracked corn ,, i dont cut there feed down just add more rice and cracked corn each day , i give a shot of aminoplex once a week and then 24 hrs befor show i also give alot of b complex and b 12 last week ,, ok i take there water nite befor show and give them 1/2 evaporated milk and water and let them have what ever they want of it , it wont blow them out ,lots of protien and keep there moister pretty good , ok show day about 10 -12 hrs befor show i feed them one teaspoon of rice and cracked corn with a little b-complex on it ,,, i drop them out usally 3 times befor i leave for the show morning , mid day ., befor leaving , every thing usally looks good , at the show i drop them just befor weighing them , then i give them a little banna or a few grains of rice every couple hrs or so to keep them on , they usally act real sharp ,, but when its show time and they seem a like they got less power than they should had and sometimes like they just cant take what they should every thing seem to show up 2nd pitting or so , and ive been going to the drag alot,,but my roosters always cut good . I usall win 60 - 80 percent of my shows in pretty tough compition , but im just a stones throw away from being as tough and anyone out there . So if you can help me or you see something im doing wrong i would greatly appreaicate it,,,, thanks

2. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Keeping a roosters power

cut down amino plex dont give any for the last week till show day crack your own fresh corn it helps with power well to me it dose and i would not give for the last two weeks feed good protin i do this i feed all grain till the last 4 days 4th day half grain with brown rice and egg white for the other half then darkum then 3rd day half brown rice and 1/4 banana an 1/4 egg white then 2end day all same less banana with more egg white then the last day half brown rice and half egg white with like 3 small peices of soaked rasins or if no more rasins then then three small peices banana i mean really small like a rasin size peace then for the last day in the morning i drop them and peck them with egg white or wet rice if they get plenty food in them i dont peck them they should feel a little wet but thats ok just let them ajust them selves and they should be fine later in the day and they should have plenty power ok good luck

4. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks alot , mabey they do have a little to much feed in them ,, but when i reall cut there feed back it seems like they go off on me , do you all think i should darkum them starting them 3 days befor ,,, let me know thanks again,,,,,,keep um comeing boys,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Post Thanks / Like

very possible nem , i do give alot of vitamins the last week ,,,b-complex and b-12 to build there red cells , there not powerless just not what they seem to have when i first put them up,,,, i really appreaciate it nem thanks again my friend......

7. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think your burnin' them up

9. Thanks GP13 thanked for this post
    Likes gowanstarr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

you might need to rest them a little more, maybe cut back on your work load... I read allot of folks blaming the feed,... look at the work/rest ratio , you might find your problem there.. just some advice

11. Likes jpadilla, CajunDevil liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nem76 View Post
    I would cut back on their feed sounds like they might have feed in them when showing. No shots i week before show or one but very little.
    yeah they still have feed in them i wouldnt feed them nothing 12 hrs before the show ,they are lien to you they are holding feed and you think they empty and your feeding them more .fis stillbreaking

Post Thanks / Like

hey nem,,,,,do you like to rest them the last 3 days , in rest stalls like 2x2s or black them out.... and mabey they are holding feed our shows usally start around 9 pm

14. Thanks DanielSneed thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

thats why i only rest them the last day is because of the heat ,,, i really appreciate your time .... hey nem what your input on the b vitiams . b-complex and b-12

Post Thanks / Like

no need for B complex at that last week, simply shot of B12 cyanacobalamin 3 days before fight...

17. Thanks spring creek, southernX thanked for this post
    Likes roostercm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

if there underweight it could cause a lack of power. but power cant always be worked in a chicken if he has bottom breed in him he will always hit with power unless you give him to much vitamins and supplements.

19. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Take out the rice and you will see the difference Go for natural condition wether it is dried fed or wet feeding ... When you carboload reduce your feeding let say regular daily feds is 30g.... 3 days before the fyte 25 ...2nd day before the fight 20 then 15..And the feeds is more on corn ( crack)Qith egg whites..... b complex to be given 1 week before the fight and b12 to be given 3 days before the fight....then know how to point your roister on day fight... Watch for the dropping if it is sticky or watery or creamy like chocolate whites..mahina sa dragged fight pag may kanin ang manok at kung minsan short cutter...
    Quote Originally Posted by wattscrk View Post
    ok boys ive got a serious question . Latley when i show my roosters during the prekeep and keep my roosters act good and have plenty of power , there feed the best and let them have what ever they want of it , it wont blow them out ,lots of protien and keep there moister pretty good , ok show day about 10 -12 hrs befor show i feed them one teaspoon of rice and cracked corn with a little b-complex on it ,,, i drop them out usally 3 times befor i leave for the show morning , mid day ., befor leaving , every thing usally looks good , at the show i drop them just befor weighing them , then i give them a little banna or a few grains of rice every couple hrs or so to keep them on , they usally act real sharp ,, but when its show time and they seem a like they got less power than they should had and sometimes like they just cant take what they should every thing seem to show up 2nd pitting or so , and ive been going to the drag alot,,but my roosters always cut good . I usall win 60 - 80 percent of my shows in pretty tough compition , but im just a stones throw away from being as tough and anyone out there . So if you can help me or you see something im doing wrong i would greatly appreaicate it,,,, thanks
    Last edited by jrb.uk; May 25th, 2011 at 06:05 AM.

21. Thanks Yunke8888, mr. tj thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FEEDING AND POINTING ON FIGHT DAY

Quote:
    Originally Posted by heartthrob
    nothing beats experience,,,so agree ako na mas maganda maranasan mo ang mag point kesa magbasa ka lang o ikwento lang sa yo.

ano ba pointing?
    inilalagay mo ang manok sa tamang tama lang na gutom at uhaw.
    EMPTY & DRY.

FEEDING:bilangin kung ilang oras bago ang laban,bawas ng apat na oras,multiply sa 2 gms,,,example,,7am feeding time,,ang laban eh 3pm,so 8hrs-4x2=8gms ang agahan na egg white at corn grits na binabad.pag pinatae mo ito every 2 hours,9am (green w/white on top),11am(melted brown),1pm(melted white vanilla ice cream),pag ito na ang ipot itago mo na ulit.handa na sya sa laban in terms of point feeding...

pag 3pm na ,,,LIMBER NA !!!,,,that's another story
    SHARED BY APU SALUD
    Day Time Fight (Tupada, Hack Fight & Derby)
    Morning feeding @ &7am
    Schedule of fight

12pm fight – 2 grams pointing feeds
    1pm fight – 4 grams pointing feeds
    2pm fight – 6 grams pointing feeds
    3pm fight – 8 grams pointing feeds
    4pm fight – 10 grams pointing feeds
    5pm fight – 12 grams pointing feeds
    6pm fight – 14 grams pointing feeds
    7pm fight – 16 grams pointing feeds
    8pmfight – 18 grams pointing feeds
    9pm fight– 20 grams pointing feeds

Evening Time Fight
    Morning feeding @ 7am (20 grams feeding)
    Afternoon feeding @ 4pm
    Schedule of fight

10pm fight - 4 grams pointing feeds
    11pm fight – 6 grams pointing feeds
    12am fight – 8 grams pointing feeds
    1am fight – 10 grams pointing feeds
    2am fight – 12 grams pointing feeds
    3am fight – 14 grams pointing feeds
    4am fight – 16 grams pointing feeds
    5am fight – 16 grams pointing feeds
    6am fight – 18 grams pointing feeds
    7am fight – 20 grams pointing feeds

23. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes jpadilla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

hey jbr, ok let me see if i got this straight, all my shows are at nite they start about 8:30 or 9 pm , ok so i feed them 20 grms morning and feed them 2 or 3 grams again at 4 pm,, just to be clear here we kinda go on ounces so how much is 20 grams compared to 1 ounce and 2 grams and so on..and i think is says feed crack corn and egg whites.. I really appreciate your time jbr ,, if you could translate some of this last post ,,

Post Thanks / Like

hey jbr what about there water last three days and fight day what your theory,,,,,, thanks

Post Thanks / Like

maybe your cock is over trained.. that's why they loose power... many factors to consider though... 1. Feed, 2. Water, 3. Training..

Post Thanks / Like

hey jbr, ok let me see if i got this straight, all my shows are at nite they start about 8:30 or 9 pm , ok so i feed them 20 grms morning and feed them 2 or 3 grams again at 4 pm,, just to be clear here we kinda go on ounces so how much is 20 grams compared to 1 ounce and 2 grams and so on..and i think is says feed crack corn and egg whites.. I really appreciate your time jbr ,, if you could translate some of this last post ,,
    Water is common sense my friend charged to expeience if the dropping are soft what do you think about your roster has in his body?? What about if the dropping is so hard that if you throw it in the wall Or in your forehead would stick?? What's the water content?? Thats for feeding time the corn and white eggs.... I just giving you an idea for your problem... I dont want to argue because ur the first one who has a problem from your chicken being powerless actually what your doing is ur serving them to ur opponents... Lol i give u a rough idea wether you consider to follow or not ia not my problem... Common sense my friend try yo think whats going on and changed for the better don't go backward moved forward....

28. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just food for thought but I think the problem my be the carb loading depending on what type of show your are at it might not be the best choice. Also if your going in the drag alot your not -utting, a wett cock is a c-tting cock but a dry one is a dead one. i would just use b12 the last week once. sounds like the roosters are drawn out alittle try bread and milking them a week out before point week. they will be refreshed then finish them up with alittle more grain gamefowl are grain animals so by taking what you naturally feed them that also hurts them as much as you think it helps. the milk may work to empty them out but have you ever had to go to the bathroom after you eat pizza hut pizza same thing for the rooster would you show good if you were force to have diarrehea. common sense is the key we can't train them to do what they do they're either good or not, all we can do is makum happy if you just follow that you would win alot more shows blue ribbon cuz. aloha

30. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888, RHman1026 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrb.uk View Post
    Water is common sense my friend charged to expeience if the dropping are soft what do you think about your roster has in his body?? What about if the dropping is so hard that if you throw it in the wall Or in your forehead would stick?? What's the water content?? Thats for feeding time the corn and white eggs.... I just giving you an idea for your problem... I dont want to argue because ur the first one who has a problem from your chicken being powerless actually what your doing is ur serving them to ur opponents... Lol.... i give u a rough idea wether you consider to follow or not is not my problem... Common sense my friend try yo think whats going on and changed for the better don't go backward moved forward.... 20 grams is roughly about 0.70- 0.80 ounce that's my estimate

Post Thanks / Like

sounds good,,,,,,thankyou to all that has replied,,,,,,,,,,,

Post Thanks / Like

You feed in the morning at 7am let say 20 grams.... Afternoon feeding let say at 4 pm is another 20 grams for night fight whats on the top that you will feed 2 to 4 grams is the pointing feeds... In order for chicken to be sharp and pointed in their fighting...i mean they are focus on thier fight...Only a small changes u need coz almost what ur doing is okey.. U can see the difference and ur chicken will fight to death as long as he is breathing.. Lol
    Last edited by jrb.uk; May 26th, 2011 at 01:57 AM.

34. Thanks JPacheco thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

if you are focusing on the feed issue due to power loss then you are defenite that your birds were on point when you release them but still without power or bottom ? I was just thinking maybe they are way past their peak and their on the way down/off.... my two cents.

ok boys ive got a serious question . Latley when i show my roosters during the prekeep and keep my roosters act good and have plenty of power , there feed the best and took care the best that i possibly can , i feed 18 % good mixed grain feed , week 1 and week 2 show . Last week i start carb loading them with brown and white rice and a little extra cracked corn i dont cut there feed down just add more rice and cracked corn each day i give a shot of aminoplex once a week and then 24 hrs befor show i also give alot of b complex and b 12 last week ok i take there water nite befor show and give them 1/2 evaporated milk and water and let them have what ever they want of it it wont blow them out ,lots of protien and keep there moister pretty good ,ok show day about 10 -12 hrs befor show i feed them one teaspoon of rice and cracked corn with a little b-complex on it , i drop them out usally 3 times befor i leave for the show morning , mid day .befor leaving , every thing usally looks good , at the show i drop them just befor weighing them , then i give them a little banna or a few grains of rice every couple hrs or so to keep them on , they usally act real sharp but when its show time and they seem a like they got less power than they should had and sometimes like they just cant take what they should every thing seem to show up 2nd pitting or so , and ive been going to the drag alot,,but my roosters always cut good . I usall win 60 - 80 percent of my shows in pretty tough compition , but im just a stones throw away from being as tough and anyone out there . So if you can help me or you see something im doing wrong i would greatly appreaicate it, thanks
    Last edited by silver2dmoon; May 26th, 2011 at 03:34 AM.

36. Thanks mjlane thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888, mjlane, RHman1026 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

one more question , what would you all suggest is the best for the last feeding sat morn,, for a show around 9;00 pm

Post Thanks / Like

You feed in the morning at 7am let say 20 grams.... Afternoon feeding let say at 4 pm is another 20 grams for night fight whats on the top that you will feed 2 to 4 grams is the pointing feeds... In order for chicken to be sharp and pointed in their fighting...i mean they are focus on thier fight...Only a small changes u need coz almost what ur doing is okey.. U can see the difference and ur chicken will fight to death as long as he is breathing.. Lol
    that s true!
    Last edited by pittv7; May 28th, 2011 at 02:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Take out the rice and you will see the difference Go for natural condition wether it is dried fed or wet feeding ... When you carboload reduce your feeding let say regular daily feds is 30g.... 3 days before the fyte 25 ...2nd day before the fight 20 then 15..And the feeds is more on corn ( crack)Qith egg whites..... b complex to be given 1 week before the fight and b12 to be given 3 days before the fight....then know how to point your roister on day fight... Watch for the dropping if it is sticky or watery or creamy like chocolate whites..mahina sa dragged fight pag may kanin ang manok at kung minsan short cutter...
    My observation is the same. steamed rice makes them weaker in drag fight. thats why im wondering how OTHERS made their warriors...maybe I have made error in protein balance...maybe its over...its just maybe by now..lol

But why to feed soft when the grinder of our warrior is as sharp as knife...(except pop corn-its too hard)
    The better the feed response, the stronger they are...with powerful brittle sound...

40. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FEEDING AND POINTING ON FIGHT DAY

Quote:
    Originally Posted by heartthrob
    nothing beats experience,,,so agree ako na mas maganda maranasan mo ang mag point kesa magbasa ka lang o ikwento lang sa yo.

ano ba pointing?
    inilalagay mo ang manok sa tamang tama lang na gutom at uhaw.
    EMPTY & DRY.

FEEDING:bilangin kung ilang oras bago ang laban,bawas ng apat na oras,multiply sa 2 gms,,,example,,7am feeding time,,ang laban eh 3pm,so 8hrs-4x2=8gms ang agahan na egg white at corn grits na binabad.pag pinatae mo ito every 2 hours,9am (green w/white on top),11am(melted brown),1pm(melted white vanilla ice cream),pag ito na ang ipot itago mo na ulit.handa na sya sa laban in terms of point feeding...

pag 3pm na ,,,LIMBER NA !!!,,,that's another story
    SHARED BY APU SALUD
    Day Time Fight (Tupada, Hack Fight & Derby)
    Morning feeding @ &7am
    Schedule of fight

12pm fight – 2 grams pointing feeds
    1pm fight – 4 grams pointing feeds
    2pm fight – 6 grams pointing feeds
    3pm fight – 8 grams pointing feeds
    4pm fight – 10 grams pointing feeds
    5pm fight – 12 grams pointing feeds
    6pm fight – 14 grams pointing feeds
    7pm fight – 16 grams pointing feeds
    8pmfight – 18 grams pointing feeds
    9pm fight– 20 grams pointing feeds

Evening Time Fight
    Morning feeding @ 7am (20 grams feeding)
    Afternoon feeding @ 4pm
    Schedule of fight

10pm fight - 4 grams pointing feeds
    11pm fight – 6 grams pointing feeds
    12am fight – 8 grams pointing feeds
    1am fight – 10 grams pointing feeds
    2am fight – 12 grams pointing feeds
    3am fight – 14 grams pointing feeds
    4am fight – 16 grams pointing feeds
    5am fight – 16 grams pointing feeds
    6am fight – 18 grams pointing feeds
    7am fight – 20 grams pointing feeds
    this is a good guide for us beginners and it is very much appreciated. good luck!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds to me like you are feeding them to death. Other than that I won't give much advice, because some of my derbies start at 9PM too. If you really still have a 80% winning record, don't change a thing. Bet $5000. every bird and you'll be rich in no time. After your 10th one you'll have $30,000.

,Zac

43. Thanks southernX, Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes knox01, southernX, Yunke8888, chad123 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If they have to much moisture in there system they will come out strong for a buckle or two then peter out. I dont know if that aminoplex is causing them to retain water in there muscle tissue but it might. How much do you rest them also? I like to increase rest by an hour a day and the last 3 days they get a whole lot. If the rice isnt working for you boil some pearled barley it has always worked well for me. But like i was saying either water retention or not enuff rest. He make drop right when pointing but if that stuff causes muscle tissue retain water that will happen i have seen it b4
    Yfis
    Mark

45. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes spring creek, KevinG, Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To me its really depends what time you really gonna fight that day, and depends what kind of cockhouse you have and i think you really feeding to much the last 3 days....usually 3 days before fight evening feed i slowing start reduced there feed until fight day

47. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Alekos liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

80win% in tough competitions sounds very good., you're at the level of our legendary breeders in cockfighting., don't change a thing my friend......... you're doing great.!

49. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Skincarver, Yunke8888 liked this post