Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Keeping a roosters power

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Keeping a roosters power

Asils are undisputed at holding power the longest .. Until now I guess . I've seen some great , second wind power cocks but never seen any that made their comeback without that lull like throwing a superball in a room .

I dont measure if a man is big with a tape and scale ... And the drag pit don't either

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quapaw Kid View Post
    Folks that have good bred fowl but never really explode or do anything special in the drag usually have something in common .. They are over fed a premix and never worked until the keep . After the first buckles the keep feed and work is gone and the brood pen tells him what to do and his raising determines if he can .

The glands , organs and chemicals that make em roufh gotta he exercised as much as the muscle .. Brain too . It makes a big difference in how long you can hold em sharp too .. If you got cocks a working man has fed premix to and only conditioned and hauled at the end ... They won't hold long . Their body isn't strong enough to produce the hormones and chemicals needed

Used to be farm walks dominated pen raised .. Them birds body and brains had been strengthened to produce chemicals way more . It wasn't just grass and bugs
    Yea somewhat but I dont care how strong any animal supposedly is or how well its bred including human, if youre not worked and in shape your mind is gonna write checks your ass cant cash. You want to, and you try but its not nearly as good as it was after a short while. You can help any animal be better if you work em and youll take hits better as well.
    SF
    Last edited by KevinG; March 26th, 2020 at 08:10 AM.

3. Thanks Lejend, LaBlue, spring creek, don128 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want power look no further than your brood pens. No amount of feed or conditioning can add power. There are no miracle pills or shots than can do it either. All you can do if you do have a power cock is increase his stamina through conditioning. If he already has power, increasing his staming will greatly benefit him.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks alot , mabey they do have a little to much feed in them ,, but when i reall cut there feed back it seems like they go off on me , do you all think i should darkum them starting them 3 days befor ,,, let me know thanks again,,,,,,keep um comeing boys,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Post Thanks / Like

the only way to know if they still have feeds in them is to cut them open and look otherwise guessing won't get you the right answer

Post Thanks / Like

Most cocks get testy when starved the key is them absorbing what they take in .you can feed way more than most think but you got to know how to get it out the more food that you can run through them the better

8. Likes Hoghunter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are pushing feed , they aren't breaking it all down ... just the sugars and starches . So why not just switch to sweet feed ? What do yall think helps them when you push feed ? Where did that come from ?

Post Thanks / Like

That's just my opinion kid most guys feed down I feed up and whip them the majority of the time

Post Thanks / Like

BRK said it the best rest them and they will remain strong and have cut JMHO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moowiks View Post
    thanks alot , mabey they do have a little to much feed in them ,, but when i reall cut there feed back it seems like they go off on me , do you all think i should darkum them starting them 3 days befor ,,, let me know thanks again,,,,,,keep um comeing boys,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    It takes 24 hours to get a cock empty. If your pit starts showing the low weights at 8am. My low weights would get a teaspoon at 4. If things run quickly. They all would. If not the heavier weights would get a teaspoon at 8pm